Pillars of Eternity Adult Modding

Forgot to mention that most of the added text is, of course, centered on a female player character, and the most detail has gone into the 'slave' background, however most other player backgrounds have been edited to some degree as well.

Here are a few screenshots from the background building conversation with Calisca:

Spoiler

mod10.png

mod11.png

mod12.png

mod13.png

1 hour ago, Ya_akira said:

How much content is currently available? is it still just the gilded Vail area?

From the screenshots it looks like its gonna be a lot of fun!

Do you plan on adding custom quests? or is that not possible? i've never looked into PoE modding.

So far I've completed the conversations for Gilded Vale, most wilderness locations, Copperlane, Drywood, Od Nua/Stronghold, and am currently working my way through all of the companion conversations, comments, and banter. Keep in mind though that not every single line will be rewritten to be NSFW, because personally I felt it would feel kind of silly or forced to try to shoehorn in sexual stuff where it really couldn't be taken seriously. That being said, even in those types of situations, I did try my best to at least spice them up a little bit by changing how the player is referred to.

For now, adding custom quests is a bit over my head, but I did find a bunch of good resources that I'll probably get around to taking a closer look at once I've finished editing all of the existing conversations.

Thanks!

Hey Wittgenstein, this is super awesome. cRPGs don't need complicated adult overhauls, just a bit of spice. It's a pet peeve that western RPGs can deal with violence and all manner of evils, but fall flat when it comes to sexual themes, especially when the world and narrative are dealing with those very same issues, but with kid gloves. 

Think you're on to a slow-burning, cult classic mod here. You might not get a lot of hype, but wanted to pop in and cheer you on. I hope you continue to pepper the rest of the game with your writing prowess. Tyranny is practically begging for the same treatment, and you could explore some pretty extreme themes. 

Kudos! 

This is a really exciting project, and I hope you manage to go as far as you want! I'm also really glad you're sharing some resources, because these are exactly the kinds of games I'd love to see more work with (maybe by myself someday). The BG2 modding community was really great, but I was worried that era of modding had kind of closed as games moved on. It's really exciting to see this project.

Completed the last of the text for Defiance Bay, though I might come back to a few of the conversations to spice them up a bit more in the future as some conversations are very sexualized, while others seem only minorly touched up. For now, I will be moving on to completing the rest of the text in the game, though I have to admit I haven't been spending quite as much time on this mod due to playing way too much BFA. In any case, here are some more screenshots of the newly completed text (I noticed a few typos while posting these screenshots, and I've corrected them in the current download at the top of the page).

Screenshots:

Spoiler

mod62.png

mod63.png

mod64.png

mod65.png

mod66.png

mod72.png

mod73.png

mod76.png

mod77.png

mod67.png

mod68.png

mod69.png

mod70.png

mod71.png

mod74.png

mod75.png

You might not have met or even talked to the grumpy dwarf before your first nights sleep in the Gildervale inn.  So the first paragraph text needs to be more neutral. (Maybe masturbation due to overwelming arousal caused by the 'condition'?),

Anyway really good from the bits I've seen.

9 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

You might not have met or even talked to the grumpy dwarf before your first nights sleep in the Gildervale inn.  So the first paragraph text needs to be more neutral. (Maybe masturbation due to overwelming arousal caused by the 'condition'?),

Anyway really good from the bits I've seen.

Thanks for pointing this out! It'll be fixed in the next update.

Update: I've finished everything except for the DLC content and the end game slides (I'll be tackling these next). After I've completed the DLC stuff, I'll begin the presumably rather laborious task of editing item names and text (everything from armor/weapon names to the all of the text enclosed in notes and books), as well as a few edits to the text found in quest journals.

Looking to the future, I've been taking a look at how hard it would be to edit in-game assets in order to create rudimentary nude skins and what not. Seeing as how I've got essentially zero experience using Unity, I wouldn't hold out any hope for this endeavor, but in theory it seems somewhat possible. That being said, if anyone else is interested in adult modding for this game and has experience using Unity, it would be great to see your skills used to create more sophisticated adult mods for this great game.

Resources I've found about asset editing:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/85723-is-possible-to-change-your-character-model/https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/490vwk/good_news_everyone_theres_a_way_to_permanently/

http://rien-ici.com/iemod/asset_editor

13 minutes ago, LexRage77 said:

Do the sceenshots show everything you did, or there's more content hidden in the game? ?

There's a lot more in the game, the screenshots are just from my current play-through which has only gotten to the start of act 3. And there is also a lot of smaller stuff in acts 1 and 2 that I didn't screenshot.