OK, I've got an odd problem. (What other sorts do I ever have? 🤣) I'm certain it's on my end and not yours however.

(Entering the Twilight Zone here 🥴😞

Spoiler

• AAF Works. No errors at game load. I can use the menu to start an animation sequence with multiple actors.
  • AAF Violate does it's initialization thing, and says everybody is initialized.
  • Several of your other AAF mods: no perceptible issues. All appear to function.

• AAF Violate's MCM menu remains off no matter what I change it to. Surrender of course doesn't work.

Forcing an update naturally sends it through its start sequence and it appears to say everything is fine. But still the Violate MCM refuses to change from off to active.

What I'm doing wrong here?  This could be an MO2 related issue. Been having problem after problem getting FO4 working again and each time it was MO2.

Could it be an MCM settings issue maybe? Perhaps settings aren't getting written? I can try plopping a fully active MCM .ini file in the FO4 folder and see if that helps. And I've got a few more ideas to try out tomorrow. Posting this now in case you've heard of something like this before.

I still need to do the usual deactivate mods, check if it works, thing as well. That might be an issue too. Will update this post if I find the answer. And sorry for cluttering up your thread with another of my weirdo issues! 🤦‍♀️ (Unless you forgot the last time! In that case, nevermind!! 🤣)

Hi - your mod is a must for my load order so it's the first AAF add-on I install and test, along with the Bad End animations.  After first learning how to get it to work, I haven't had any problems until I started testing a new load order recently.  

As I have with several prior playthroughs, I installed AAF and the animations and add-ons in SayKoRn's modlist.  I added  mods slowly from Thuggyfied's list, testing each time in  Concord, during which Violate ran fine with standard animations, Bad End animations and through Purgatory.  I added Homemaker and decided to expand the testing area beyond Concord to Corvega.  After surrendering there, the Violate mod ran as normal and the regular animations played but when the Bad End animations were supposed to start, the black loading screen and loading icon never cleared.  I could hear NPCs talking in the background and, eventually, the death sound, but the black loading screen never cleared and the loading icon just kept on turning.  The only way out was to use console and qqq.  I removed the last mod installed but the problem persisted through several additional tries at any location.  I started a new game (using Start Me Up), same problem.

Unable to fix the problem, I started again from scratch after a complete reinstall.  This time again, every thing was fine (Violate played through Purgatory) as long as I tested in Concord, but when I surrendered to a Gunner group south of there at the ruined expressway, the same problem happened, (black screen and endless loading icon).  I uninstalled the last installed mod, this time Wasteland Heroines Replacer, but that didn't solve the issue.  Loaded an earlier save, still the same problem.

My load order is attached.

I'm sure I've got something wrong and I'd appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions.

Load Order2.pdf

11 hours ago, Nessa said:

What I'm doing wrong here?  This could be an MO2 related issue. Been having problem after problem getting FO4 working again and each time it was MO2.

Could it be an MCM settings issue maybe? Perhaps settings aren't getting written? I can try plopping a fully active MCM .ini file in the FO4 folder and see if that helps. And I've got a few more ideas to try out tomorrow. Posting this now in case you've heard of something like this before.

That's really strange.  I've seen users have issues with MO2 but nothing quite like this one.  Even if you don't have an ini file at all, the master on/off setting in Violate's MCM should default to active. 

Is it possible that the mod didn't fully install?  The MCM settings are handled by the FPV_MCM_Script.pex script in the Data\Scripts folder, and the settings definitions for the mod's MCM are in settings.ini in the Data\MCM\Config\AAF_Violate folder.  Can you check that these files are present?

45 minutes ago, Dez65 said:

This time again, every thing was fine (Violate played through Purgatory) as long as I tested in Concord, but when I surrendered to a Gunner group south of there at the ruined expressway, the same problem happened, (black screen and endless loading icon).  I uninstalled the last installed mod, this time Wasteland Heroines Replacer, but that didn't solve the issue.  Loaded an earlier save, still the same problem.

I can't really tell anything from a load order.  Try reproducing the problem and upload your script log and I'll take a look.

I'm so sorry to bother people with this but I'm taking a shot in the dark. I started a brand new, fresh playthrough of Fallout 4 and followed SayKorn's guide, testing AAF throughout the way. However, when I attempt to surrender to enemies (specifically human enemies) the game gets stuck in an infinite loading screen. I'm not sure what to do from here. Any help is greatly appreciated

hello Ego

Ihave a little demand/question if you want

can you add an on/off function in order not to equip the DD (and only DD) elements on the companion because like some people here the body of my player has different proportions from the female companions?

or do you know another way not to equip DD elements on a companion?

Sincerely

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's really strange.  I've seen users have issues with MO2 but nothing quite like this one. 

If there's a bizarre thing that can happen, it happens to me! 🥴

All the files were present but my AAF_Violate.ini only had a few settings in it. (Old file from a previous install maybe?) I managed to solve the problem by copying the contents of settings.ini in the Config folder, to a new AAF_Violate.ini and placed that directly in the FO4 MCM Settings folder. (Not the MO2 virtual folder.) Surrender now works as well as everything else.

I figure whatever is causing the weirdness in MO2 for me is also preventing MCM mods from handling their settings unless the .ini's are inside the FO4 folder directly. And yes, I think that's nuts myself. The current guess is that a recent update to Visual Code Studio (which I use) has caused something to be wonky in MO2. Regardless, VCS is more important to me than MO2 so MO2 needs to deal with it. 🤣

Thanks again!! 😀

11 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I can't really tell anything from a load order.  Try reproducing the problem and upload your script log and I'll take a look.

I think I figured it out.  The papyrus log showed SceneInit event: error [4] (attached), which was weird because the Bad End animations are installed and function in the test cell.  So I thought maybe it was one of the patches.  I have Ulfberth's patch installed, not for the MM, but because it seems to improve creature support.  I took out the AAF folder with XML's and tried again.  Bad End initialized fine.  

Not sure what effect removing the xmls from Ulfberth's patch will have on other issues.  Creature support still seems fine (i.e. DM has equipment).

Thanks for leading me in the right direction!

Papyrus.1.log

Just a little stroke to the ego. Great mod. I am approaching level 55 and your mod has worked very well (which can't be said for most mods here).  On the downside I am now rarely placed into a ...compromising position. Still, it makes it more entertaining when a violation does occur. It isn't a common event these days. Nuka World was a bitch. Who the hell thought it was fun to give THREE bosses ungodly amounts of health? There were a lot of violations at that time while I wore them down.

I have a suggestion, if you don't mind. I just wanna throw it out there. When traveling with a companion and there is only one aggressor when the defeat occurs...would it be possible to set it up so it's 50/50 that the companion is abused instead of the player. Be nice once in awhile to just watch Piper get drilled.

32 minutes ago, Malphias said:

Just a little stroke to the ego. Great mod. I am approaching level 55 and your mod has worked very well (which can't be said for most mods here).  On the downside I am now rarely placed into a ...compromising position. Still, it makes it more entertaining when a violation does occur. It isn't a common event these days. Nuka World was a bitch. Who the hell thought it was fun to give THREE bosses ungodly amounts of health? There were a lot of violations at that time while I wore them down.

I have a suggestion, if you don't mind. I just wanna throw it out there. When traveling with a companion and there is only one aggressor when the defeat occurs...would it be possible to set it up so it's 50/50 that the companion is abused instead of the player. Be nice once in awhile to just watch Piper get drilled.

Have you tried to increase the game difficulty? It worked a bit for me

1 hour ago, Dez65 said:

I think I figured it out.  The papyrus log showed SceneInit event: error [4] (attached), which was weird because the Bad End animations are installed and function in the test cell.  So I thought maybe it was one of the patches.  I have Ulfberth's patch installed, not for the MM, but because it seems to improve creature support.  I took out the AAF folder with XML's and tried again.  Bad End initialized fine.  

Thanks for that info.  I took a look at Ulfberth's MM patch and sure enough, it replaces Violate's Bad End tag data with an empty file.  That causes the error [4] because AAF can't find animations with those tags any more. 

I see from your log that the mod detected the error and ended the quest, but I guess the screen didn't fade back in.  I'll take a look at that, it could be an AAF thing but I want to make sure it isn't something Violate is doing wrong.

3 hours ago, hkheung said:

hello Ego

Ihave a little demand/question if you want

can you add an on/off function in order not to equip the DD (and only DD) elements on the companion because like some people here the body of my player has different proportions from the female companions?

or do you know another way not to equip DD elements on a companion?

Sincerely

I like that idea.

When I have a companion, I turn DD items off because it will always ends up breaking the companion. Especially if Violated while wearing DD items.

16 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

I like that idea.

When I have a companion, I turn DD items off because it will always ends up breaking the companion. Especially if Violated while wearing DD items.

yes it is also true even if I did not mention the elements DD screw up the mess on a companion !!!

I can't get this to work. The framework loads in game but when my character surrenders to a raider it says 'violation aborted' after a few seconds. I've heard this happens if you don't have animations available but I installed Four-play Animations by Crazy via modmanager so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

3 hours ago, LightWolf86 said:

I can't get this to work. The framework loads in game but when my character surrenders to a raider it says 'violation aborted' after a few seconds. I've heard this happens if you don't have animations available but I installed Four-play Animations by Crazy via modmanager so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. 

Do you have "all" the requirements installed?

Requirements

• Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE) by the F4SE team.  Please make sure this is installed correctly.

• Advanced Animation Framework version Beta 73 or later
  • Mod Configuration Menu is required to configure the mod options
  • AAF Themes.  You will want to enable Sex - Kinky Animation Support as well as all of the Race/Creature animations you will need.
  • Animation Packs.  AAF Violate does not include animations of its own.  AAF Violate will work with any animation pack, but the exact packs you need will depend on the options you select for gender, threesomes, races, etc.  See the FAQ below for links to animation packs that work well with Violate.

Hi. In AAF_Violate_Feral_animationData.xml there is an error that occurs with the AAF 121b and newer.

This is what it is

<meta title="AAF_Violate_Feral_animationData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="animation"/>
<defaults source="Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp"/>

<animation id="vad_Ghoul3w MMF1"  time="60">
    <actor gender="F">
        <idle form="01001ed8" id="vad_Ghoul4w_Human_01"/>
    </actor>
    <actor gender="M" skeleton="FeralGhoul">
        <idle form="01001eda" id="vad_Ghoul4w_AC3_01"/>
    </actor>
        <idle form="01001edb" id="vad_Ghoul4w_AC4_01"/>
    </actor>
</animation>

<animation id="vad_Ghoul3w MMF2"  time="60">
    <actor gender="F">
    </actor>
        <idle form="01001ed9" id="vad_Ghoul4w_AC2_01"/>
    </actor>
    </actor>
</animation>

And right, like this:

<meta title="AAF_Violate_Feral_animationData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="animation"/>
<defaults source="Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp"/>

<animation id="vad_Ghoul3w MMF1" time="360">
	<actor gender="F">
	</actor>
		<idle form="01001eda" id="vad_Ghoul4w_AC3_01"/>
	</actor>
	</actor>
</animation>

<animation id="vad_Ghoul3w MMF2" time="360">
	<actor gender="F">
	</actor>
		<idle form="01001ed9" id="vad_Ghoul4w_AC2_01"/>
	</actor>
	</actor>
</animation>

On 5/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, EgoBallistic said:

The next update I am working on changes the companion handling so that up to 30 companions are recognized, and all of your companions who meet the race/sex criteria will be eligible for animations.  The mod as originally written did not take advantage of some of Fallout 4's new scripting features that were not available in Skyrim.  So I have been slowly rewriting parts of the mod to use them, and consequently the mod scales and performs better.

Holeee sh*****t......

Well, I'd say that will make my day. One slight suggestion, though. Violate currently allows a max of 30 animations per session. If you increase the follower count that much, you might want to increase the maximum number of rounds as well. If possible, that is.

8 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Is it possible to set this up so the player can not be violated, but followers can? TheMCM seems to suggest that this is possible, but I haven't seen it happen yet.

yes.  Set Player Can Be Violated to OFF under Player Surrender options, but leave Followers Can Be Violated to ON under Follower Options.

1 hour ago, stas2503 said:

Hi. In AAF_Violate_Feral_animationData.xml there is an error that occurs with the AAF 121b and newer.

I believe the correct fix is to change time=60 to frames=60.  But thanks for pointing it out, I will make that change for the next release.

33 minutes ago, REB85 said:

Hello. When a violation occurs, I get the message "violation scene aborted stats (4)". what does it mean?

The "Error 4" means that AAF didn't found any compatible animation with the characters.

You can see the troubleshooting on the first page, as it explains how to check what's the animation that doesn't work.

23 minutes ago, Verasmile2 said:

«Ошибка 4» означает, что AAF не нашел совместимой анимации с персонажами.

Вы можете увидеть устранение неполадок на первой странице, так как оно объясняет, как проверить, какая анимация не работает.

but the characters in this case are the Female protagonist, Curie in the human body and several gangsters in the Neighborhood Warehouse. and I installed all supported animations.
Screen-Shot311.png  Not enough for some kind of "pose tag." I do not see a solution to the problem in the first post of this topic.