Animated Genitalia WIP(s) Thread

That is a BEAUTIFUL mesh ?@heartbeatsandbrainwaves its so detailed! I had to download it and take a peek at it up close. 

Judging from your gifs and pics, you havent yet tied your mesh with the weights in game? From your female genital mesh, I checked the Weights and saw the Pelvic and L/R thightwist areas is not painted together with the genital mesh and that's why the area distorts when the Sim walks or perform lower body movements. If you are having trouble weight painting on a new mesh heres a very simple solution do mind it if you know it already ?

Also when in Vertex paint mode, your modified area for the female genital is in pure white. For it to morph accordingly in game it has to be in the Green hex color like the unmodified areas of the base bottom. You can use the eyedropper tool to copy the Maxis Green hex color for this and you're good to go. Here's a tutorial on VP 

As for the UVs @Hiroki stated it very well and I assume you already know which UV does what. I'm just gonna guesstimate here but did you made a V1 to V3 of this because I took it from your download name and just thought of it because if you did its better to save those .blend files in case you want re-roll back and append certain changes without restarting from scratch. Aaannnd I'll stop nerding from here on .  .  .  

Thank you guys for making such cool stuff for the game. Here's hoping to see more of em'. :cookie:

"I'll just finish it up tonight, and everybody has been so helpful! All I need to do is test it in game now"

Spoiler

390252245_08-16-18_12-57-45AM.thumb.png.9f620c0045303619229ac2f467aecff5.png

2142193271_08-16-18_12-57-48AM.thumb.png.518aa25c31e9504d33819bedc78671cf.png

339327021_08-16-18_12-57-56AM.thumb.png.0245c719f4b276c3b4d6ece30c972c73.png

925216364_08-16-18_12-58-06AM.thumb.png.39d03822853a924e0cbee16d2385f388.png

What the Heck.

I am sure it's something easy to fix, I will look up a solution asap. It is just frustrating to run into an unexpected problem. (There is a weird shine on the seams of the Sim, if you did not see it.) Other than having no texture, the mesh is looking good. So other than this weird error, which came from nowhere I can tell, I am very happy with how things went. @MEN0PER@ those tutorials were very useful, thank you.

I can't find the cause of the shiny legs issue. I tried to look for issues involving Sims 4 shine, and most pointed to a problem in the specular map, which this item does not have.. So I will upload the package file here, hoping that somebody else can figure it out. Sorry.

v41 mesh final.package

Other than that issue, this is the final version, with the completed UV map.

Here are my next priorities, in order.
1: Texture making.
2: Finish all LODs
3: Conversion to male sims
4: Variations 

And somewhere along this process, it will be rigged for animation by miniguiles, is the dream.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:21 AM, thecatsred said:

I just wanted to chime in and say, if you get these two things working I'll be forever in your debt - one of my biggest peeves about WW stuff so far is it's very unfriendly to trans male sims (with a masculine frame, my men who I've told the system do NOT have a penis, will still get a black penis blob appearing while they use the restroom, bathe, or strip and it's just generally very annoying though I understand it's a currently limitation with the WW scripts right now... one I hope will be fixed...eventually) 

But for creators like you who plan from the start to add variety to vagina shapes and clit sizes (so I can more accurately have a t-cock on some of my sims) and also allow these meshes for masculine framed sims - it's a breath of fresh air, honestly.

So, kudos to you, and I sincerely hope you get this all figured out and up and running in time! I am not a creator so I apologize I cannot offer any help, but I'm very excited to see this project come to light! Good luck!

i don't want to derail the thread but let me know if you want help figuring out what could be causing that. i didn't have exactly that problem but my trans male sims (without penises) were showing up with penises anyway due to a default male bottom replacement mod (Better Bodies is one that is default replacement, there are others too though). removing that mod fixed it, but also means my penis-having sims don't have their penises when bathing/showering, which doesn't bother me too much. and you can see above in heartbeats' signature the link to his vagina for men :)

i agree that i'm also looking forward to more genital configurations! i'm really looking forward to t-cocks for my ftm sims and animated vaginas for all ^_^ 

@Yoxgg04 This is a Work In Process Thread. We are in the process creating new bottoms and support Rigs. The aren't releases ready for items mentioned in this thread unless the Modders working on them post otherwise in separate threads. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@heartbeatsandbrainwaves I don't see the shine actually in game, in S4 Studio, or in CASTool. I am puzzled.

10 hours ago, MiniGiles said:

@Yoxgg04 This is a Work In Process Thread. We are in the process creating new bottoms and support Rigs. The aren't releases ready for items mentioned in this thread unless the Modders working on them post otherwise in separate threads. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@heartbeatsandbrainwaves I don't see the shine actually in game, in S4 Studio, or in CASTool. I am puzzled.

its ok, thank you for working on somthing so awesome ill keep an eye on the progress, very exciting.

20 hours ago, MiniGiles said:

Maybe it's a problem with my game or defaults. I didn't think of that, lol. Well, if there's no problems, then that's easy.

I am working on textures right now, I have a few done so far and the rest will come quicker because they are just recolours.

The skintones are a tattoo layer. they layer low, under EA tattoos. this looks really bad with full body body hairs, but looks fine with some of wild_guys body details (pictured)

matter1.thumb.png.ad332fe0352e026da51ae47a9b6209b6.png matter2.thumb.png.d3306b6872ac9900963496ab0ec98ee9.png matter3.thumb.png.74ab3e5a7c24184480c9deee89cc0fc9.png matter4.thumb.png.4590bcc395e6b2cbc1781ebb44af8242.png

A bit of a seam but that might be a mesh issue. There's 20 swatches right now. I will be adding more.

vagina tattoo overlay.package

Lower left arm tattoo, no custom thumbnail.

But that means this item has reached the stage of being slightly useable. Hurray.

3 hours ago, qlx said:

woohoo, more progress!

out of curiosity, is there a reason the vagina couldn't just go based on the base skin color selected? that's how the penises work don't they? 

I could use custom default replacement skin tones to make the texture apply, but here are a few things to consider.

1. I have used the same texture space as most CC penises use. I chose this space because you would not be equipping both at the same time, but as a result you could not have a custom skintone where both work. On the other hand, I am pretty sure the different genders in the Sims 4 use different skintone files, so I could edit each gender and let users pick which they want as default. For this reason, a nondefault version would still have use for anybody.
  2. For my personal playstyle, I prefer non-default overlays like this. I understand why others don't have this preference. I will continue to develop these tattoos for testing purposes anyway, and could add them as custom skintones later.
  3. I took a look at the Sims 4 skin making tool and I don't get it. I could make a better attempt to learn it, it cannot be too hard. It But with points 1 and 2, I am not sure if it's worth it.

So let me know if you think it is worth doing default textures or not.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:40 AM, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

I could use custom default replacement skin tones to make the texture apply, but here are a few things to consider.

1. I have used the same texture space as most CC penises use. I chose this space because you would not be equipping both at the same time, but as a result you could not have a custom skintone where both work. On the other hand, I am pretty sure the different genders in the Sims 4 use different skintone files, so I could edit each gender and let users pick which they want as default. For this reason, a nondefault version would still have use for anybody.
  2. For my personal playstyle, I prefer non-default overlays like this. I understand why others don't have this preference. I will continue to develop these tattoos for testing purposes anyway, and could add them as custom skintones later.
  3. I took a look at the Sims 4 skin making tool and I don't get it. I could make a better attempt to learn it, it cannot be too hard. It But with points 1 and 2, I am not sure if it's worth it.

So let me know if you think it is worth doing default textures or not.

I like that it's non-default. But somehow they got the penis options to be nondefault but still match skintones right? I mean there could still be a tattoo option but i'm envisioning a future where we have a WW integrated "vagina/vulva options" menu just like there's a "penis options" menu. so it's not a default replacement bottom, but somehow it still matches skintone. I don't know enough technical details to know whether that makes sense here or not, or how to go about doing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm feeling really unmotivated to work on this right now.

I sometimes worry that I only aided people who would fetishise others with some of the CC I made. But then I also receive Nice Comments from people who are part of the groups who the CC represents, and I feel like I did the right thing? I have complicated feelings about those things at times. And right now, my brain is leaning towards the idea I am doing the former.

I will come back to this later, when my mood switches around again. Like I said, complicated feelings. In fact, I am the sort of person to come back to a project shortly after proclaiming to quit it, so maybe I will be coming back sooner rather than later lol. A good vent, and then back on the wagon! Nobody (Except the people already working on this, like MiniGiles) is allowed to "continue working" on my files without my permission, in the meantime. Thanks.

7 hours ago, heartbeatsandbrainwaves said:

I'm feeling really unmotivated to work on this right now.

I sometimes worry that I only aided people who would fetishise others with some of the CC I made. But then I also receive Nice Comments from people who are part of the groups who the CC represents, and I feel like I did the right thing? I have complicated feelings about those things at times. And right now, my brain is leaning towards the idea I am doing the former.

I will come back to this later, when my mood switches around again. Like I said, complicated feelings. In fact, I am the sort of person to come back to a project shortly after proclaiming to quit it, so maybe I will be coming back sooner rather than later lol. A good vent, and then back on the wagon! Nobody (Except the people already working on this, like MiniGiles) is allowed to "continue working" on my files without my permission, in the meantime. Thanks.

Take your time heartbeatsandbrainwaves. When you are ready to get back on wagon I will happy to pick back up with it. This is something worth the wait I think.

So I for now, I am working on the Futa/hermaphroditic version of my Celestrian pene with rather mixed results.

futacelehard.png.22620769ae61929c8db381a48ccc33aa.pngfutacelesoft.png.0649b771a8e4df7371f30e574a731646.png

Blender and S4S everything looks good but once I get it in game that when I run into issues. Because the groin area is so much higher than the male version, I can't get a smooth weight transfer from any pene.

@.Noir. Did you run into this issue with your Futa version and do you have any tips for weight painting?

A little off topic, not really understanding why internal genitalia need rigging other than possible inter-sim runtime IK targeting? Is that even a thing in TS4?

Anyway, I was just browsing, and wondered if it was possible to add a new UI element like say a "X-Ray" penetration window that dynamically comes up when needed.

Just a random thought.

1 hour ago, regrius said:

A little off topic, not really understanding why internal genitalia need rigging other than possible inter-sim runtime IK targeting? Is that even a thing in TS4?

Anyway, I was just browsing, and wondered if it was possible to add a new UI element like say a "X-Ray" penetration window that dynamically comes up when needed.

Just a random thought.

Because it's not just internal is it?

Right now the it's a static texture and when this is finished it'll actually give the look of penetrating rather than clipping,

X-ray view would require a whole lot of a different skills and potentially would need a window created for each animation or position too as the same wouldn't work for all

On 9/24/2018 at 7:12 AM, MiniGiles said:

So I for now, I am working on the Futa/hermaphroditic version of my Celestrian pene with rather mixed results.

futacelehard.png.22620769ae61929c8db381a48ccc33aa.pngfutacelesoft.png.0649b771a8e4df7371f30e574a731646.png

Blender and S4S everything looks good but once I get it in game that when I run into issues. Because the groin area is so much higher than the male version, I can't get a smooth weight transfer from any pene.

@.Noir. Did you run into this issue with your Futa version and do you have any tips for weight painting?

omfg this is beautiful. keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...