[WIP] P3RDi7i0N - Modular Cyberpunk Themed Outfit

Aegis

Well, weathered/damaged version should be easy to achieve with some texture swaps, but there's no combat strip framework for FO4 as far as I know, and I imagine it would take quite a bit of work to implement, especially if the goal is to have locational damage.

No I wan't thinking locational, though I guess that could be done but too much mucking around, just general damage, so at 50% a boob might show at 25% the crotch would be torn open. But I would have thought to show skin holes would have to be added in the mesh?

You just need a good alpha texture to occlude parts of the mesh. It would be much easier to implement compared to creating new meshes, and probably more stable too, since FO4's engine is really finicky when it comes to meshes.

The problem I see with health % based armor damage is how jarring it would look. I play on survival difficulty, so I usually have to go through multiple stimpacks during an engagement, and seeing the armor go from pristine > broken > pristine multiple times in the span of a few seconds can be quite disconcerting.

I was thinking more along the lines of how the power armor handles wear/tear. I.e. each piece of armor has a certain amount of durability, and once it's depleted the armor piece  becomes broken, and must be repaired. 

Suggestion

I kinda think it would fit the theme, How about injectors attached to a pack like in the pic I've always loved the idea but there's just no armors with it(in F4). 

Also Loved your last armor and can't wait for this one!

41934-1-1308910274.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, Aegis said:

You just need a good alpha texture to occlude parts of the mesh. It would be much easier to implement compared to creating new meshes, and probably more stable too, since FO4's engine is really finicky when it comes to meshes.

The problem I see with health % based armor damage is how jarring it would look. I play on survival difficulty, so I usually have to go through multiple stimpacks during an engagement, and seeing the armor go from pristine > broken > pristine multiple times in the span of a few seconds can be quite disconcerting.

I was thinking more along the lines of how the power armor handles wear/tear. I.e. each piece of armor has a certain amount of durability, and once it's depleted the armor piece  becomes broken, and must be repaired. 

I meant the health of the armor, not the player :)
Yes like Power Armor, but so it looks damaged as it gets damaged. And eventually you have to repair it or replace it as its DR/AR drops too as pieces swapped.

@Halstrom

Ah,  I see. Yes, that should be doable, though hopefully by someone else as I'm not a big fan of working with CK.

@tlrd

You know, I was just wrapping up on the mesh work earlier, then I saw your suggestion, and...back to 3ds I suppose...

Something something compulsory chem injectors...

1.thumb.PNG.84786c1b8ac9cb38f7ab4f5d3b136e28.PNG

Spoiler

2.thumb.PNG.f9fce08538d3326571d16fa651a24928.PNG3.thumb.PNG.a8f72ac20d54e80fbc323cfe04cefd6f.PNG4.thumb.PNG.f0e1ed2ea0d990d01c155db9d8bc7275.PNG5.thumb.PNG.1731629dab672f009599ceafc2f61e11.PNG

Now I got to incorporate these into the rest of the set.

/Chemical Bliss

36 minutes ago, Aegis said:

@Halstrom

Ah,  I see. Yes, that should be doable, though hopefully by someone else as I'm not a big fan of working with CK.

/Chemical Bliss

Yeah no, you got enough on your plate, I'd rather you keep making cool meshes and textures.
And that is super kinky, I love it :)

9 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Yeah no, you got enough on your plate, I'd rather you keep making cool meshes and textures.

lol me too. I pretty much procrastinate forever when I have to do ck stuff.

More kinky stuff in the works :fish_tropical:

1 hour ago, tigretoir said:

This is just lokigue fantastic! I am very impressed, the detail are amazing.  

You are inspiring me to finish my mods!

Had a nice day.

Nice. I look forward to seeing your mods.

Condensation (cause realism something something):

NifSkope-2018-08-10-12-14-23-09.gif.0a6914615ea02caa95e7c828b4b8f47f.gif

On 8/8/2018 at 3:22 AM, Halstrom said:

If this mod is using the connection point system that Tau Ceti used.... it should be possible to have armor mod piece based stats tracking and apply materials swaps successively, until either "broken" mesh appears or is de-equipped all together.  Those materials swaps could be more and more damaged, until repaired, but that's another matter as the PA system has a repair bench - generally clothing/armor does not.

Archived