Cool Goggle Mods Safe for a Nexus Mod?

Hiya. :) I'm currently working on a custom-voiced Harley Quinn mod (actually compatible with EFF OoO) with my own voice and original lines. I just need a cool set of goggles (lore-friendly or not) that I can get a response about permissions for, because I feel it ties her look together. And she's worn goggles before and looked like a total bad-butt. :3

I've looked at the Osare Culort outfit and LOVE that mod, but the permissions say you need to ask the author and they haven't left any notes about it. I messaged the author, but they were last active October of last year, apparently. OnO
The chitin and dwemer goggles and scouter by Volvaga don't fit over my follower's hair.

Any recommendations? :)
Thank you in advance!

7 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

Hiya. :) I'm currently working on a custom-voiced Harley Quinn mod (actually compatible with EFF OoO) with my own voice and original lines. I just need a cool set of goggles (lore-friendly or not) that I can get a response about permissions for, because I feel it ties her look together. And she's worn goggles before and looked like a total bad-butt. :3

I've looked at the Osare Culort outfit and LOVE that mod, but the permissions say you need to ask the author and they haven't left any notes about it. I messaged the author, but they were last active October of last year, apparently. OnO
The chitin and dwemer goggles and scouter by Volvaga don't fit over my follower's hair.

Any recommendations? :)
Thank you in advance!

Its very simple.
On the mod preview pictures you use the Osare goggles and in the mod description write the Requirement mod: Osare Culort Outfit (Goggles)

Just now, <Mystic Stranger> said:

Its very simple.
On the mod preview pictures you use the Osare goggles and in the mod description write the Requirement mod: Osare Culort Outfit (Goggles)

I was thinking of just using it in the screenshots. Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want it to be a hard requirement for a follower mod. I guess I can just make a note saying where the goggles come from if others like them and want Harley to wear them. I just wish I could use them. Or similar ones. Oh, well. I appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

I was thinking of just using it in the screenshots. Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't want it to be a hard requirement for a follower mod. I guess I can just make a note saying where the goggles come from if others like them and want Harley to wear them. I just wish I could use them. Or similar ones. Oh, well. I appreciate it.

Btw i waiting for your mod, because i need to hear your cute voice. ^^

Just now, <Mystic Stranger> said:

Btw i waiting for your mod, because i need to hear your cute voice. ^^

Aaw. (^w^) Thank you. I'll upload a voice demo for the follower to YouTube to see people's thoughts.
Goodness. My respect for voice actors has really gone up. I've had to redo many lines several times because of crap in the background, mispronouncing, having the accent but not the voice, being too high pitched, forgetting the accent... XD RIP. Lol.
Oh, and you can track me on the Nexus. I have the same name there. :D I've been posting Harley pics. :3 Here is my profile if you'd like to stay up to date. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

Aaw. (^w^) Thank you. I'll upload a voice demo for the follower to YouTube to see people's thoughts.
Goodness. My respect for voice actors has really gone up. I've had to redo many lines several times because of crap in the background, mispronouncing, having the accent but not the voice, being too high pitched, forgetting the accent... XD RIP. Lol.
Oh, and you can track me on the Nexus. I have the same name there. :D I've been posting Harley pics. :3 Here is my profile if you'd like to stay up to date. Thank you!

OMG awesome char!! ≧◡≦
I need her!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

I waiting the preview. :)

Thank you so much! :D Oh, really? Like clothes? That's so cool. I didn't make the ones shown, but found them from a mod called The Jester's Jubile and they were very conveniently textured. Haha.
That's a good idea. Thanks. Hearts fit with her theme, too. :) I'll see if I can get permission.

4 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

Thank you so much! :D Oh, really? Like clothes? That's so cool. I didn't make the ones shown, but found them from a mod called The Jester's Jubile and they were very conveniently textured. Haha.
That's a good idea. Thanks. Hearts fit with her theme, too. :) I'll see if I can get permission.

Mostly mashing up and retexturing existing meshes. I'm not quite good enough in Blender to make anything from scratch just yet unfortunately. I used the Hat, mask and neck piece form the Jester's Jubilee in my last one, very handy mod indeed! 

3 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out. (^_^)

I recognize this mod. It's from a Japanese site called haishao.blogspot.com/I've heard others say the same. I actually found the author on Nexus and contacted them about it.
And GomaPeroPero says on their Tumblr that their mods may be used freely. :) Can you please send me a link to their mod with the goggles?

Just now, thek8ikat said:

I recognize this mod. It's from a Japanese site called haishao.blogspot.com/I've heard others say the same. I actually found the author on Nexus and contacted them about it.
And GomaPeroPero says on their Tumblr that their mods may be used freely. :) Can you please send me a link to their mod with the goggles?

Never mind. I found them. (^_^) Awesome idea.

24 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

Never mind. I found them. (^_^) Awesome idea.

Great! I play SSE so I got them from the conversion posted in the SSE downloads section here, not actually sure where to find the original but was about to start checking Goma's tumblr. Glad you found them.

Great job on the voice acting. I used that same hammer for my last mashup but I retextured it with black and red diamonds because I can't leave well enough alone ? 

1 hour ago, SpyVsPie said:

Great! I play SSE so I got them from the conversion posted in the SSE downloads section here, not actually sure where to find the original but was about to start checking Goma's tumblr. Glad you found them.

Great job on the voice acting. I used that same hammer for my last mashup but I retextured it with black and red diamonds because I can't leave well enough alone ? 

:) Thanks for the support.
Thank you so much! I was really worried about that. Huh. (^#^)' I've kinda been wanting to do the same thing. Haha. But I'm kind of a newb to retexturing and messing with meshes  and such.

20 minutes ago, thek8ikat said:

:) Thanks for the support.
Thank you so much! I was really worried about that. Huh. (^#^)' I've kinda been wanting to do the same thing. Haha. But I'm kind of a newb to retexturing and messing with meshes  and such.

I'm a noob too, I just keep bashing things with a digital hammer until they work haha. Still need to align the pattern a bit better but the way that hammer is UV mapped is a major pain (the little wood bits towards the hammer faces are a totally different part of the image than the wood piece in the middle):

Spoiler

558501016_Screenshot(50).thumb.png.3f59f7056857965347b8b0be68904c65.png388917279_Screenshot(51).thumb.png.ba48efce2271fd0458f1b557f15dfb7c.png

I used that checker pattern for some jester boots and I loved it so I went a little wild with it

Spoiler

300978172_Screenshot(52).thumb.png.fbe8552af05af9341ea22fee10a4c64b.png1058651387_Screenshot(54).thumb.png.6b7a66120e6e214ce45ff0d15c1ea1a2.png1280273044_Screenshot(55).thumb.png.175d8378e13101f5a9cc4eaee19b67e3.png

Those are really neat. :)
And the heart goggles are pretty cute and I think fit Harley, but I'm keeping my eyes out for any other options. I should probably just make a topic about Harley Quinn armor/clothes/accessories. Haha. X3

I basically love the work. She looks brilliant and girls doing voices is so rare and precious.
BUT... to me this is an awful (sound)version. She does not sound like a serious character but like a squeaky 4 year old.
"cute" ? Every sentence sounds like she is having the best day of her life, way over the top.

Is that what you see, when you imagine Harley Quinn? A 4 year old thats almost bursting from happiness and optimism?

I hope I do not (and do not intend to) hurt anyones feelings here! I think the voice has potential but at this point, this is nothing like the troubled, lost and yet powerful and somehow sexy nutjob Harley Quinn.

3 hours ago, TarnisMartell said:

I basically love the work. She looks brilliant and girls doing voices is so rare and precious.
BUT... to me this is an awful (sound)version. She does not sound like a serious character but like a squeaky 4 year old.
"cute" ? Every sentence sounds like she is having the best day of her life, way over the top.

Is that what you see, when you imagine Harley Quinn? A 4 year old thats almost bursting from happiness and optimism?

I hope I do not (and do not intend to) hurt anyones feelings here! I think the voice has potential but at this point, this is nothing like the troubled, lost and yet powerful and somehow sexy nutjob Harley Quinn.

Not to argue or appear offended as I am not, instead pointing out why this post may not be appreciated.

• The personal preference of the modder should be respected before mod user's preferences
  • There are many canons for Harley Quinn, the voice acting does fit a number of canons
  • A Skyrim mod won't have the detailed psychology of a full comic or movie made by 10-100+ people

Above all modders deserve to share their artistic vision, it's fun not a job. No need to cater to everyone. Regardless of your intent constructive criticism (How to achieve your view of Harley Quinn) and less tone would benefit this thread, if the modder asked so. She asked for goggles not critics

5 hours ago, athfile said:

Not to argue or appear offended as I am not, instead pointing out why this post may not be appreciated.

• The personal preference of the modder should be respected before mod user's preferences
  • There are many canons for Harley Quinn, the voice acting does fit a number of canons
  • A Skyrim mod won't have the detailed psychology of a full comic or movie made by 10-100+ people

Above all modders deserve to share their artistic vision, it's fun not a job. No need to cater to everyone. Regardless of your intent constructive criticism (How to achieve your view of Harley Quinn) and less tone would benefit this thread, if the modder asked so. She asked for goggles not critics

I really appreciate that, but I actually did ask for thoughts. I'm glad you agree with the voice fitting her.

This Harley is heavily influenced by her iterations in the Injustice games, her comics, and the cartoons. She is very bubbly and can be energetic, and while she can be "sexy", she does it in a cutesie way. Not to assume anything, but if you saw the Suicide Squad film Harley, that's not the best representation of her, honestly. The actress is great, but her characterization was a bit off. 

Anyway, it's alright. It's your opinion. And I do plan on adding more dark stuff to her, like stuff about The Joker, whether she loves him, her violent tendencies and such. The first meeting is VERY likely to change.

Archived