AAF RSE and Family Planning Enhanced Anyone got them working?

Sounds like a fairly fubar save game. Do you use NMM or MO2? And are you comfortable with using profiles? MO2 is a lot better at them than NMM is why I ask. I would try a new save on a different profile. With everything but AAF, animations and dependencies disabled. Play a bit until you got some folks to terrorize and see if you still get the issues. If not, save. Add RSE. Play around a bit and see if things are working. Add . . . see where I'm going with this? Do as much of the fancy stuff as possible before you throw the kitchen sink at it. AAF on it's own works pretty well, with some issues that most of us are aware of. Nothing to be done about those, that's dagobaking's ballpark, but he's pretty good about fixing broken stuff.

Anyway, my point is you need to figure out which mod(s) are causing trouble. It's hard to say "xyz is the issue" when every person has their own 300 mod load out. It seems a pain . . . because it is, but that's the best way to find out what's up. A couple of people are having that body morph issue, and I have no idea why it's not working. It works on my end is all I can tell you, so I know it can be done. I keep all the scripted mods (except AAF obviously) at the bottom of the load order. RSE should be dead last. (One exception, but that's another topic.) So my last few entries look like AAF_SEU, AA_FPE, AAF_RSE followed by patches if you need them. (CWSS, Better Settlers, DLC) Keep it as simple as you can until you know that, and how, everything works.

If you ain't into troubleshooting and just want to play, fourplay is a better choice. If you can stand a little pain tho, AAF and friends are very rewarding. AAF is early in it's development and growing pains are bound to ensue. Save your game. A lot. Sometimes shit just happens even on a working save and the easiest thing is to just roll back a few minutes to before it happened. Be suspicious of NMM. If you notice a problem with a newly added mod check the file structure of the mod against the FO4 data folder to insure it's installing correctly. There's a lot of reports of it not copying scripts and such. Be very suspicious of LOOT. It really doesn't know what to do with scripted mods as far as I can tell. There is a really good conversation between Thndrwlkr and DestyNova99 in the AAF thread that is worth searching for concerning load order and stripping/re-equipping. They did some full on testing/troubleshooting and think they got something going on. I followed their advice and the only stripping issue I ever have is a short delay in getting dressed sometimes.

Anyway, once you figure out what is causing problems you can try to unfuck your main save with the knowledge you learned on the profile save. Easy for me to say. I actually like this kind of stuff. Your mileage may vary.

Edit: I also think you should try being patient a couple of times. A lot of times I thought my game was all buggered up and for whatever reason I just sat staring at the game and suddenly I could move again, like there was a timed delay or something. Worth a shot.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:08 AM, Sulphur.4724 said:

Sounds like a fairly fubar save game. Do you use NMM or MO2? And are you comfortable with using profiles? MO2 is a lot better at them than NMM is why I ask. I would try a new save on a different profile. With everything but AAF, animations and dependencies disabled. Play a bit until you got some folks to terrorize and see if you still get the issues. If not, save. Add RSE. Play around a bit and see if things are working. Add . . . see where I'm going with this? Do as much of the fancy stuff as possible before you throw the kitchen sink at it. AAF on it's own works pretty well, with some issues that most of us are aware of. Nothing to be done about those, that's dagobaking's ballpark, but he's pretty good about fixing broken stuff.

Anyway, my point is you need to figure out which mod(s) are causing trouble. It's hard to say "xyz is the issue" when every person has their own 300 mod load out. It seems a pain . . . because it is, but that's the best way to find out what's up. A couple of people are having that body morph issue, and I have no idea why it's not working. It works on my end is all I can tell you, so I know it can be done. I keep all the scripted mods (except AAF obviously) at the bottom of the load order. RSE should be dead last. (One exception, but that's another topic.) So my last few entries look like AAF_SEU, AA_FPE, AAF_RSE followed by patches if you need them. (CWSS, Better Settlers, DLC) Keep it as simple as you can until you know that, and how, everything works.

If you ain't into troubleshooting and just want to play, fourplay is a better choice. If you can stand a little pain tho, AAF and friends are very rewarding. AAF is early in it's development and growing pains are bound to ensue. Save your game. A lot. Sometimes shit just happens even on a working save and the easiest thing is to just roll back a few minutes to before it happened. Be suspicious of NMM. If you notice a problem with a newly added mod check the file structure of the mod against the FO4 data folder to insure it's installing correctly. There's a lot of reports of it not copying scripts and such. Be very suspicious of LOOT. It really doesn't know what to do with scripted mods as far as I can tell. There is a really good conversation between Thndrwlkr and DestyNova99 in the AAF thread that is worth searching for concerning load order and stripping/re-equipping. They did some full on testing/troubleshooting and think they got something going on. I followed their advice and the only stripping issue I ever have is a short delay in getting dressed sometimes.

Anyway, once you figure out what is causing problems you can try to unfuck your main save with the knowledge you learned on the profile save. Easy for me to say. I actually like this kind of stuff. Your mileage may vary.

Edit: I also think you should try being patient a couple of times. A lot of times I thought my game was all buggered up and for whatever reason I just sat staring at the game and suddenly I could move again, like there was a timed delay or something. Worth a shot.

Egads…  I haven't been a terribly patient person for a few years now.  Come to think of it, I wasn't very good at that to begin with.  lol

After bugs began to pop up in other places not even remotely related to AAF content (BYOP water tiles never changing to water when you close the workshop for instance), I figured that somewhere along the line I'd wrecked my primary game data.  So, I deleted and re-installed FO4 entirely.  Then, I put all the settings for autonomous fuckery at the lowest setting and started over.  Haven't had an issue since, and my plan is to leave the settings at minimal settings until I get through the primary storyline, then bump them up in increments.

So, basically in my 'maybe this will work' attempts to fix things, I broke them even more.  But, now that I've started over entirely, animations are playing fine, clothing is unequipping as it should, and AAF isn't complaining at me that it can't find places and things anymore.  Now if I can just get the Synth creation kit to NOT make radroaches instead of hot gals I'm calling this a win.

I did follow your 'pare it down' advice and loaded a lot fewer mods this time, so between that and the fresh install I think I've got it working, at least until I see something else shiny and try to hammer that into the mix too.  ;) Thanks for all the help!  

6 hours ago, Sulphur.4724 said:

I've restarted this game an embarrassing amount of times. So many times that I can do the early game in my sleep. I break a game by level 20 usually. But I've been poking it a lot so it gets pissed I think. Glad it worked out for ya.

My god man, I KNOW your pain  I must've restarted 45 games hardly getting  pass getting a clue, testing the animations in trinity tower and park street station.

I found  myself questioning  my  sanity a few  times. LOL

I've had these working for a while now.  I do still have a couple of problems worth pointing out.   Wanting to know if there is an easy solution. First I'm running AAF, RSE, and SEU,  also Sim Settlements which affects Settler AI's and I think it is at the root of the problem.  I have RSE running shenanigans and an active prostitute in the settlements affected.  This means a lot of mods that mess with Settler AI.  What I'm seeing a lot of is settlers that get forever stuck in 'Wait' idle loops.  I'm sure this has to do with them getting interrupted while either waiting for Shenanigans or Prostitute and is probably complicated by their Sim Settlements routines.  Leaving the settlement and coming back, even much later does not fix it.  Though I have seen some of them break out of it on occasion.  I'm thinking reducing Shenanigans and Prostitute scan frequencies might reduce this.  WAY too much of that going on right now.

The other problem might be a game killer for others but it doesn't really bother me since I've played it a billion times.  The main quest is broken-ish.   Starting with the arrival at Diamond City.  Piper is just standing there idling, so no bluffing one's way into Diamond City.  I just no clipped through the gate and went looking for Valentine.  His quest started okay but then broke when I lost track of Dogmeat during the tracking quest.   Also at Nuka World the quest that begins when Gage tells you to go talk to Shank dropped.  I spoke to Gage and his quest stage advanced but Shank still gives me the "I'm sure Gage will send you my way." line.  I haven't tried advancing these quests with console commands.  I"m playing in survival but I have a mod that enables commands.  I just really don't care a lot about those quests.  I'm just putting this out there so that it can be looked into. 

27 minutes ago, zerochance67 said:

I've had these working for a while now.  I do still have a couple of problems worth pointing out.   Wanting to know if there is an easy solution. First I'm running AAF, RSE, and SEU,  also Sim Settlements which affects Settler AI's and I think it is at the root of the problem.  I have RSE running shenanigans and an active prostitute in the settlements affected.  This means a lot of mods that mess with Settler AI.  What I'm seeing a lot of is settlers that get forever stuck in 'Wait' idle loops.  I'm sure this has to do with them getting interrupted while either waiting for Shenanigans or Prostitute and is probably complicated by their Sim Settlements routines.  Leaving the settlement and coming back, even much later does not fix it.  Though I have seen some of them break out of it on occasion.  I'm thinking reducing Shenanigans and Prostitute scan frequencies might reduce this.  WAY too much of that going on right now.

The other problem might be a game killer for others but it doesn't really bother me since I've played it a billion times.  The main quest is broken-ish.   Starting with the arrival at Diamond City.  Piper is just standing there idling, so no bluffing one's way into Diamond City.  I just no clipped through the gate and went looking for Valentine.  His quest started okay but then broke when I lost track of Dogmeat during the tracking quest.   Also at Nuka World the quest that begins when Gage tells you to go talk to Shank dropped.  I spoke to Gage and his quest stage advanced but Shank still gives me the "I'm sure Gage will send you my way." line.  I haven't tried advancing these quests with console commands.  I"m playing in survival but I have a mod that enables commands.  I just really don't care a lot about those quests.  I'm just putting this out there so that it can be looked into. 

I've noticed the idle thing too. Usually a fast travel somewhere or game restart fixes it for me. I have the same mods you listed. Not sure why it doesn't fix for you.

The quest issue is from AAF.  It was just updated today. Ver. 7b now. I think you'll find that if you update it, on a clean save, it'll fix the quest problems. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, amenshawn said:

Okay, I've swapped over to AAF and amazingly I have everything for the animations working fine, which is cause in itself for celebration on my part.  However, FPE is giving notifications for virility / fertility, but despite having the chances set to 100% I've never gotten a conception notice.  I'm running the AAF version of SEU, and I've reloaded the FPE version linked above five times, but it still isn't working.  What am I missing here?  Is it a load order thing?  

where did you get the AAF version of SEU? i can't find it anywhere and i have everything running smooth in my game now that i transitioned to AAF but i can't get FPE to work and if my time with 4play has anythign to say it's cause even with the proxy my SEU won't work so i`m trying my damndest to hunt down that mod.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm now becoming That Guy I hate so much on forums who hijacks a thread for only a tangentially related reason, but the title matches my problem.

I have followed the installation guides as well as I feel I possibly can, and everything starts up fine. I have AAF, RSE, Crazy and Leito's animations and so on.

RSE is set up to allow random shenanigans, which is what I am mainly after for the voyeur aspect, and it seems to work right until the point where it has to actually trigger animations. I get the quest marker that someone nearby is fucking, and I go to take a look - and find the actors trying to turn right, and turn right, and turn right some more, for eternity.

I even tried setting RSE up for removal and started up without it ... but the actors are still turning right.

I feel like there is some tiny patch somewhere I've somehow managed to miss, perhaps a specific non-apparent load order, but I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

EDIT: Alright, after installing the very latest RSE and swapping the load order around as another thread suggested my NPCs are no longer getting stuck turning right - now they just don't do anything.

11 hours ago, Calydor said:

So I'm now becoming That Guy I hate so much on forums who hijacks a thread for only a tangentially related reason, but the title matches my problem.

I have followed the installation guides as well as I feel I possibly can, and everything starts up fine. I have AAF, RSE, Crazy and Leito's animations and so on.

RSE is set up to allow random shenanigans, which is what I am mainly after for the voyeur aspect, and it seems to work right until the point where it has to actually trigger animations. I get the quest marker that someone nearby is fucking, and I go to take a look - and find the actors trying to turn right, and turn right, and turn right some more, for eternity.

I even tried setting RSE up for removal and started up without it ... but the actors are still turning right.

I feel like there is some tiny patch somewhere I've somehow managed to miss, perhaps a specific non-apparent load order, but I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

EDIT: Alright, after installing the very latest RSE and swapping the load order around as another thread suggested my NPCs are no longer getting stuck turning right - now they just don't do anything.

I would think that RSE is not the main culprit, why?, because it does not animate it only "asks" AAF to animate and it seems that it triggered and therefore it's job is done!  So perhaps look more indepth into what might be going on in AAF, for instance can you trigger an animation from the AAF directly (i.e. by pressing the home key)?

Alright, lots of troubleshooting later and it turns out something must have happened to my save game while building Vault 88 of all places. AAF initiates just fine in my save before building the vault, fails to initiate (or at least, Home key no longer does anything) in the save seven hours later when the vault was more or less done.

Any suggestions, or should I just bite the bullet and build the whole thing again?

Also ended up updating FO4 (I'd postponed it a bit) and now LooksMenu and MCM have stopped working.

EDIT: Turns out those two mods don't register as having been updated in NMM, but a manual install helped.

Next problem is I went to sleep, woke up to an RSE message I didn't have time to read in its entirety before the screen faded to black and ... nothing. Three songs have played on the radio by now and I still have the loading circle animation in the corner of my screen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/29/2018 at 1:45 PM, VonHelton said:

I currently (fingers crossed!) have everything working with no errors!

?

think i have everything in the AAF format but the SEU which i'm having activation of the Hotkeys issue with that one, so i have to use the  four play version of that till i can figure out why i can'e use the AAF format

2 hours ago, Halic99 said:

think i have everything in the AAF format but the SEU which i'm having activation of the Hotkeys issue with that one, so i have to use the  four play version of that till i can figure out why i can'e use the AAF format

See my answer is the SEU thread......

:thumbsup: