How to Not Make Oblivion a Frustrating Wait Simulator?

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with Oblivion due to the frustrating systems in place. It is great when it works, but then something happens which causes me to be unable to interact with the world or do anything for a long period of time. I play Oblivion as I enjoy playing a game, so watching is just not ideal for me. Primarily, this is caused by two things in my highly modded game.

Note that I am a person that highly enjoys consequence. I mostly add Lovers systems to my game as I like having direct punishments which in turn means needing to react to things in different ways. Pregnancy, enslavement... all these offer useful ways of getting some longer form of consequence than dying and reloading a save. The one exception to this rule is things that make me wait; I can be patient for a few minutes, but I find hours of waiting to just be stressful.

Player Slave Encounters is one system that makes me wait a lot more than is ideal; I enjoy getting captured by a guard who drags me across the world, but most of the time I just get stuck in a monster closet with some enemy that stands in one spot and rapes me every few seconds for the next two hours while I begin to fear the script breaking. I seem to have bad luck with lockpicks appearing, meaning I need to wait long periods for one to even show up. This in particular can be bad with the enslavement on sleep option, since the bandit seems to just rape me and leave so that I am tied down until a lockpick is eventually found (combined with the fact that my items are just dropped to the ground in a bag, there is little consequence, but it would be nice to have the danger of being raped on sleep as it would work well with the necessity to sleep in Basic Primary Needs or just attempting to avoid certain weathers in All Natural that I made extremely hard to see in to give incentive to avoid traveling at night or bad weather). I love the idea of enslavement as it can drag me to unpredictable places and can result in chaos without me having any control unless I can find a way to escape. But the problem is that it just gets frustrating to have long wait times where you don't know if the lockpicks will even appear or the next part of an enslavement script will run. As far as I am aware, the best route is not to use the mod, but it would be nice if there was a better solution. Am I just doing things in the wrong way?

The biggest issue with my game however is stat draining. Fatigue, if dropped below zero, can result in you needing to wait for it to be restored before you can move. This in turn means that you will be passed out, but you don't even have the benefit of being raped like you would in Player Slave Encounters; it seems opponents ignore you if you are unconscious. Furthermore, while Player Slave Encounters has long waiting periods, I have had three hour waits because of my fatigue dropping to -40 and passing out between a wolf and troll that stared at me without being able to do anything. I couldn't rest because I was stuck in combat, yet the effects can take three real hours to be removed. Another time I got a stat drain from a disease that resulted in me passing out, but because it was at a certain point, a Conjurer needed to spawn and would immediately crash the game because he couldn't attack me, meaning I needed to wait in real time once more.

The problem is that stat draining is part of most things. A Champion's Death punishes the player with stat drains. Weather Effects Survival Mod is similar. Disease causes stat drain. Plenty of Lovers systems cause stat drain (luckily a lot can be turned off, which is depressing as I rather them be on to make my main stats weaker so I am unable to fight back easily). Getting arrested causes stat drain. Even Basic Primary Needs causes stat drain unless you turn off all the values for it. Is it not normal to combine all these systems? Is it expected and normal to wait hours of real time with Oblivion with these systems? Is there a way to fix passing out so that, if it happens, it is only for a few minutes and not three hours? My timescale is set to 1, though I don't think stat draining systems are based on timescale.

Any ideas? Oblivion can be fun, but it gets frustrating to need to wait long periods of time, especially when nothing is happening within that period of time (you really recognize how much enemies just stand around when you are stuck being a slave or passed out). I could try to remove some mods, but the problem is that the vanilla game just offers little consequence in comparison to a modded game.

Fatigue below zero and you don't want to wait:

Console

Player.ModAV2 Fatigue 500   

or add a higher value.

And the other stats....Why have you installed all the Mods with reduce stats ? ( Mods have  descriptions or readme )

if you use Lovers Needs and Basic Primary Needs ,  Basic Personal Hygiene and  Oblivion Skooma Addiction  .... How you can play the game ???

You only search the next NPC to have sex  and you search food and drinks, you go to toilet and you buy your next skooma, ... the day is over, you have to sleep.

It is impossible to do any quest.

You know that you have made your game unplayable ( as you installed the Mods)  and now you don't like it. ?????

Simple solution:  uninstall  !

EDIT: If you play a unique race you can add a race ability: restore Fatigue

Or add such a ability to your player.

2 hours ago, myuhinny said:

I have never used any of these mods but maybe you could use the console to add items like a lock pick or a item to replenish fatigue.

Seems like the best solution, given the circumstances. I was hoping to find a more immersive way such as putting a cap on fatigue, but if there is none this can be a good solution.

2 hours ago, fejeena said:

Player.ModAV2 Fatigue 500  

Just tested the console command in a vanilla game without any plugins. It failed to work. A negative value works fine with a starting character, so the command is working, but it isn't surpassing the limit set by the drained stats.

Why have you installed all the Mods with reduce stats ?

I didn't install Oblivion Skooma Addiction or Lovers Needs. I have Basic Primary Needs, but set it at a timescale of 1, meaning it is not a big concern as long as you know to maintain it. It also gives incentive to steal goods for hunger or find food, thus meaning the player cannot stay permanently in one place. Toilet/Bathing is also similarly easy enough to manage.

I guess the difference is that I am not really trying to quest. I have made it possible for Essential NPCs to die. It is more about the journey in a land and trying to survive against a world fighting against you than it is finishing quests. I am perfectly fine using random caves as shelter for the night and possibly finding resources there. I guess I am not really looking for a game to "win", more of a sandbox or roguelike where the point is just to survive. Quests just offer an additional incentive.

2 hours ago, gregathit said:

A simple way would be to find or create a fatigue (and/or stat) modifying ring that you can put on when needed to avoid long waits. 

A promising idea, but the problem is that I would need it to be a quest item. Only reason I keep that on is because Player Slave Encounters seems to break without the tokens.

Oblivion Skooma Addiction and  Lovers Needs  was and example when you add all those mod that drain your states you can not play the game.

OK you do not want to play the game. Your problem is fatigue.

But the console works ( Testet it just now )

Open the console

click on the player

enter

ModAV Fatigue 500   

or

ModAV2 Fatigue 500   

both works

Spoiler

I used two times

ModAV Fatigue -500

11ii80.jpg

Player is unconscious.

Now I use the console again

with

ModAV fatigue 500

11ii81.jpg

You see

11ii82.jpg

And I used it +500 fatigue again

You see Fatigue above zero and player is getting up.

11ii83.jpg

#########################################

Or create a ring or amulet.

Why not a quest item. You can equip and unequip a quest item .  You can not drop it.

Or does Player Slave Encounters "remove" quest items.  ( quest items can not be removed but can be set to invisible in your inventory )

3 hours ago, gregathit said:

You could script that, or you could just "role play" put it on when it is absolutely needed.

Seems I am going to need to script it as a quest item. A Champion's Death will remove it otherwise. I tried to make a script, but I cannot seem to attach it to an object. I tried including it with the jail clothing. Clicking in the dropdown list does not show the one I added. I am given no other options. I did manage to test out a fortify fatigue ring with success by calling it with the console, but logically this is not ideal since said item is not considered a quest item.

3 hours ago, fejeena said:

But the console works ( Testet it just now )

Followed your steps. Tried it over and over. I click on the player, type in

ModAV Fatigue 500

Nothing changes. Not even a slight change. I tried Health as well, doesn't do anything. Tried both ModAV and ModAV2.

I made the screenshots during the test, all works fine.

The same commands I use in scripts.

Oblivion GOTY Edition? I googled and some people report that console commands not work.  But I can not believe it, I never heard about GOTY console problem.

##############

EDIT

You can create  fortify fatigue ring  and set it as quest item and add it to the player with console.

EDIT 2

There was the Sexlivion addon, the "superSP_fatigue_restore_ring"

You can buy the ring at ICMarketDistrict RedDiamondJewelry

I changed the cost to 1 gold  and made the ring a quest item.

If you can not by it  use the console

Additem xx000ED4 1

xx Load order ID of the superSP_fatigue_restore_ring.esp

The ring: restore fatigue 10000 !!!

superSP_fatigue_restore_ring.esp

Better add such a ring in a esp you have (  a new esp for only one ring is stupid )

I don't use the esp because I add it in my Sexlivion esp.

1 hour ago, fejeena said:

Oblivion GOTY Edition? I googled and some people report that console commands not work.

Correct, the GOG version to be exact. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I can confirm it isn't working in my game.

There was the Sexlivion addon, the "superSP_fatigue_restore_ring"

If you can not by it  use the console

Additem xx000ED4 1

xx Load order ID of the superSP_fatigue_restore_ring.esp

The ring: restore fatigue 10000 !!!

superSP_fatigue_restore_ring.esp

Thank you very much! It seems I cannot call it into the inventory of my unconscious character for whatever reason (I assume Champions Death pulling Quest Items), but it is able to be called on my startup load. It is still untested, but I can't imagine it not working.

I got rid of A Champion's Death; it seems to conflict too much with LoversRaperS for my taste.

Using that and a lockpick code should hopefully solve my issues. Thank you very much for all your help everyone, hopefully all goes well.

This may seem a little out of left field....but I also had a similar problem with "hurry-up and wait".

Adding Rune Skulls gave me the needed magical goodies to get out of most situations....fatigue-wise.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9412

Lovers Juice: digging into the effects of the various potions with the Construction Set, you can fix it so that helpful potions can be added during sex...including WHILE ENSLAVED. The ones that come with Juice are way too powerful but you can easily change them into more reasonable items.

4 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Lovers Juice: digging into the effects of the various potions with the Construction Set, you can fix it so that helpful potions can be added during sex...including WHILE ENSLAVED. The ones that come with Juice are way too powerful but you can easily change them into more reasonable items.

Intriguing. The Rune Skulls sound like they would be more shaky than a reliable quest item, but this part sounds useful since Player Slave Encounters prevents the player from equipping anything.

Of course, now I need to find Lovers Juice. I can't seem to find it for whatever reason.

5 hours ago, acursedsexaddict said:

Intriguing. The Rune Skulls sound like they would be more shaky than a reliable quest item, but this part sounds useful since Player Slave Encounters prevents the player from equipping anything.

Of course, now I need to find Lovers Juice. I can't seem to find it for whatever reason.

Save some time...

The name is LoversLoveJuice

LoversLoveJuice.esp

But PSE will remove your invernory when you are enslaved.

But after the first sex you should get some LoversLoveJuice Potions.

The Potions are very powerful ( cheat items)  and also dangerous.

You AND the NPC get potions. The juice is healing  but the Spoiled Juice is poison

The Weakiest poison is 10 health for 90 seconds !

the strongest poison is 50 health for 90 seconds ( -4500 health) And 50 health per second can kill you before you notice that you are poisoned.

And NPC use poison....if you don't have a heal poison potion or spell you re dead.

All the juice potion have heal poison.

And you can ask NPCs to give the the juice ( if they have juice)

Dog on Porch:  your version is newer.....but shit was have they done to this small simple Mod.

Books, dialogues, ingredients, Trader,  ......  ?????

Milking?

But no animations. ( it use Lovers sex animations ,  that must look funny )

Have you any of the animations?

Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ani2\LoveJuiceMilkingMotion00.kf

Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ani2\LoveJuiceMilkingMotion01.kf

Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ani2\LoveJuiceMilkingMotion02.kf

The sexlivion animations I have.

-----------------

acursedsexaddict if you only need  potions for fatigue ( and healing ) you should use my esp.  If you want a new Mod use version 02_04i

---------------------

EDIT: version  v02.07d was never translated.

As for modifying Lovers Love Juice...I re-did all the ridiculously powerful potions and reduced their frequency as much as possible. I changed them to be 'sperm' of various strengths and effects that suit this particular build (new icons etc). I have Realistic Hate which makes Personality and Willpower suddenly DO something...highly recommended. But I needed a way to counter its effects while enslaved...so sperm in this Oblivion build tends to increase personality while lowering willpower slightly. Not to mention a fatigue boost/restore....and a small feather.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/41250/

Most sperm I gave zero weight and zero value...but some I gave 0.1 and 0.3 weight values just so you can be loaded down by too much sperm eventually...heh. 

1 minute ago, fejeena said:

Dog on Porch:  your version is newer.....but shit was have they done to this small simple Mod.

Books, dialogues, ingredients, Trader,  ......  ?????

Milking?

But no animations. ( it use Lovers sex animations ,  that must look funny )

Have you any of the animations?

Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ani2\LoveJuiceMilkingMotion00.kf

Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ani2\LoveJuiceMilkingMotion01.kf

Characters\_Male\IdleAnims\ani2\LoveJuiceMilkingMotion02.kf

The sexlivion animations I have.

-----------------

acursedsexaddict if you only need  potions for fatigue ( and healing ) you should use my esp.  If you want a new Mod use version 02_04i

---------------------

EDIT: version  v02.07d was never translated.

No...and I've never got the milking part to run under any version. So it hasn't been much of an issue.

I believe I actually used the esp you have fejeena...the one I posted is a "newer version". Yes...use the one fejeena posted to mod.

I still have Sexlivion  so I have milking. And I add Milking in two of my Mods ( ElsweyrAnequina and DibellasWatch, but in each only for one quest NPC )

I used some hours a 02_03  or 02_04 version but all the new things I don't need, so  I  unistalled it.

By the way, I wanted to create a player only version.  The NPCs with the poison are really bad (deadly) .  So only player get juice would be nice.

I still have Sexlivion  so I have milking. And I add Milking in two of my Mods ( ElsweyrAnequina and DibellasWatch, but in each only for one quest NPC )

I used some hours a 02_03  or 02_04 version but all the new things I don't need, so  I  unistalled it.

By the way, I wanted to create a player only version.  The NPCs with the poison are really bad (deadly) .  So only player get juice would be nice.

I have Sexlivion somewhere...I'll look.

I ditched the poisons completely in favor of more sperm strength variety. Yes, the original potions/poisons are silly strong. And even with frequency reduced to the lowest possible, you still end-up with a ton of sperm. But now, slavery is much more of a balancing act game of trying to not lose too much willpower (lose will to escape) while maintaining a high personality (not pissing off your master)...tricky. Realistic Hatred really helps if you haven't tried it. Low willpower creatures and NPCs actually run away when their morale breaks! Not to mention hate you if low personality...much better.

I did end-up making some extra 'special potions' to go with the Lover's Juice sperm that give bigger boosts after some play-testing. Found in barrels/crates etc.

Trying things out, I have yet to run into any issues while enslaved, but I managed to get passed out again. I tried fixing it with the quest item ring, but I was unable to restore any fatigue with it. Seems the ring is entirely worthless in this state... which begs the question why it is not doing anything.

I don't play PSE, so my player was never enslaved.

But with Lovers Sex and Sexlivion sex the ring works fine. At the end of sex when you are pushed to the ground and your fatigue should drop below zero,  the fatigue don't even "move"  and you stand up before you hit the ground.

Also when I use items that drop my fatigue the ring restores it when I equip the ring or if i wear the ring my fatigure don't drop ( Like "Bruno's-Hands in LoverBitch that can drop your fatigue far below zero. )

And you can not set fatigue to a value, like you can do it with speed or strength.

Fattigue is the sum of your current Endurance, Strength, Agility, and Willpower. You can not set it to another value.

The game will restore it automatically ( and with items like the Fatigue-restore-ring much faster )

And I don't believe that PSE script the unconsciousness.

If Player.GetAV fatigue > -500

Player.SetAV fatigue -500

endif

I don't think that is possible with fatigue.  Or set - values.

---------------------

Something is really wrong in your game. Console command and ring should work.

Does the ring works at all ?

If you wear the ring and jump and fight your fatigue should not drop.

Do you use a "unlimited ring-amulet" Mod?  Some do not seem to work as they should. Try it without the Mod ( But that does not explain why your console is not working. )

I can get these issues to occur just by running around a lot with Basic Physical Activities. I can collapse and get back up quite frequently, but then I hit a point where my fatigue gets worse and worse until I get to -1. If I wait, it goes down to -2 or -3 after an hour.

It isn't restoring fatigue when I add the ring, nor does it prevent fatigue from dropping. As it stands, the ring is not functioning at all.

I am not sure what an "unlimited ring-amulet" mod is precisely, but I don't believe I use anything of that sort. I don't generally like having overpowered things in my game.

I think it has something to do with "restoring fatigue". For some reason, my character doesn't have fatigue to restore. I can fortify it using certain rings, but restoration does not seem to work for whatever reason.

So when you  running around and jump and fight ( and youe wear the ring) your fatigue drops ??????    ( But it can not drop :classic_wacko:  )

Do you use any fatigue Mods? If yes read the readme again. Does any of your Mods affect fatigue?

I don't use all the Basic and realistic Mods like  .... Basic Physical Activities , Basic Personal Hygiene, Basic Primary Needs, Basic births, Basic Primary Drugs, Basic blow your nose,  Realistic Fatigue, More Realistic Encumberment and Fatigue, Realistic Fart, More Realistic Farts, Realistic running and sprinting, Realistic pick your nose, .... ( Yes some of the Mods do not exist )

If you are not sure what the Mods does,   deactivate all Mods that could affect fatigue in Oblivion Modmanager.

Then test your game if fatigue will be restored:  Jump and run with the ring.  unequip the ring and drop your fatigue with console, see if the vanilla fatigue restore works. Drop it far below zero with the console and then test the ring  and test restore with console.

If all works fine:

enable one of the deactivated Mods and test your game again.

Do it Mod by Mod  until you find the "bad" Mod.

Draining it via the console does not cause me to permanently lose my fatigue, so it jumps back up, even if I don't use the ring. The ring lets it go up faster, but it goes up naturally on its own.

The ring is useful for restore attributes, but the problem is that my fatigue is being drained. The difference is that the latter would not be restored by the ring.

It seems there are plenty of fixes for damaged stats. But I am not sure how to easily fix a drained stat without getting to an altar, which is not exactly possible when passed out.

Archived