[v1.0] Tau Ceti - Fully Modular Combat Armor (Bodyslide available)

48 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Tau Ceti BodySlide Files.7z

Attached are the first released version of the Tau Ceti BodySlide files.  (really like working  version 7 at this point)  I spent quite a bit of time converting the assets to work with bodyslide, please do let me know if you find any issues.

Things to note:  This outfit set is built differently than most other outfits.  It uses an attachment system similar to power armor.  This means that no body exists in any of the outfit components, can therefore cannot be hidden when an outfit piece is worn over top of it.  >>THIS WILL RESULT IN CLIPPING<< The severity of the clipping depends on your bodyslide preset of choice.  You CAN mitigate this clipping by editing the Bodysuit records to increase their volume in the trouble spots.  In general, I found that more slender presets with normal sized features worked best.

Also keep in mind, this outfit was not designed actors with larger breasts, thighs, and butts - the various components will exaggerate these features already as the included body in the mod was not a 0 slider version of CBBE.

That all being said..... please, enjoy!

If Atomic Beauty is your flavor, @FutureTech101 has offered to create the AB files from these CBBE files.  Look for an update here soon.

@Aegis

Awesome. I'll update the mod page and direct to your post.

On 7/22/2018 at 10:08 PM, Ikorosex said:

Any idea why the armor looks like this?

Capture.PNG

Its a weight-slider Thing. Just make sure its in the very middle of the triangle ^^

At least thats the fix for countless armors with new presets that worked for me

I have a quick question. I used a combination of console commands and a batch file to get all of the necessary requirements to build this armor at the start of a new save file (because obviously XD), but I noticed something weird. Are the nanosuit component mods supposed to overwrite the "fuckdoll configuration" mod? It would be much better IMO if I could run around naked and still have the full suite of effects, but if that's not supposed to happen, then ah well.

@defactorzero

Hmm,  what happens when you equip the base armor? Does your character's body disappear? The mod comes with its own body mesh, so if your character's body remains when you equip the armor, then there's probably something wrong with the installation. Also try extracting the .ba2 archives, that might also help.

@ReploidArmada

The nanosuit components are designed to augment the bodysuit effects. You can have both at the same time. Though, you can't run around naked with full nanosuit effects, since you'd have to actually equip the armor pieces to gain their respective buffs.

Its an awesome outfit and I really want to use it, but I seem to be locked out of some of variants of the bodysuit even when I have the required perks and also the Entire front have of the body is clipping through the outfit. I'm not even using the bodyslide files.

@pimpn3z317 Yes, like I mentioned earlier, it's certainly doable. Just add the pieces as armor addons in CK, pick a biped slot for each piece, and create armor entries for each addon. Then you can console the armor pieces, and they'll behave like regular armor.

@nervod1138 Maybe you are missing some of the required ingredients. Some parts of the armor requires 5-6 different ingredients, but the  crafting menu only displays 4 ingredients at a time, so you might need to scroll up and down the ingredients list to see if you are missing anything.

As for the clipping issue, maybe try setting the weight to the middle of the weight slider triangle, like Player1 has suggested.

23 hours ago, Aegis said:

@pimpn3z317 Yes, like I mentioned earlier, it's certainly doable. Just add the pieces as armor addons in CK, pick a biped slot for each piece, and create armor entries for each addon. Then you can console the armor pieces, and they'll behave like regular armor.

@nervod1138 Maybe you are missing some of the required ingredients. Some parts of the armor requires 5-6 different ingredients, but the  crafting menu only displays 4 ingredients at a time, so you might need to scroll up and down the ingredients list to see if you are missing anything.

As for the clipping issue, maybe try setting the weight to the middle of the weight slider triangle, like Player1 has suggested.

o cool you think you or someone else could make a mod that allows that one day

I dont know what I did wrong lol I really need some help. I installed the mod and the bodyslide files and then built all the parts in bodyslide to my slim cbbe preset. I tried out the outfits ingame and it seems to change the body to some other preset but its not the one I use and the outfits clip everywhere on my character.

2 hours ago, Miyata said:

I dont know what I did wrong lol I really need some help. I installed the mod and the bodyslide files and then built all the parts in bodyslide to my slim cbbe preset. I tried out the outfits ingame and it seems to change the body to some other preset but its not the one I use and the outfits clip everywhere on my character.

Due to the way the mod was implemented, clipping will unfortunately be "a thing" with bodyslide presets.  This outfit set uses a different method than most other outfits (arguably better imo)  and does not include a body inside the base bodysuit.  Instead, it employs a connection system used in Power Armor and weapons.  This makes the mod much more customizable, but it comes at a cost with bodyslide.  It's not an insurmountable issue - I would recommend increasing the mesh for the bodysuits by a few percentages (thanks @FutureTech101 for that suggestion).  That being said, it will be impossible to completely eliminate the body clipping because the base body cannot be hidden in the same manner that a "standard' CBBE outfit can.

I am considering converting the mod to "standard" CBBE as @Aegis suggested (i.e removing the connection point system in favor of armor slots) in a previous comment in this thread, but that will be quite a bit of work and take some time to get right.  This mod has a lot of options and realizing them all in a different implementation will be a bit time consuming.

However doing so, would more than likely preclude the use of other equipment while wearing pieces of this mod.  As an example, it might look like this:

Bodysuits (base outfit mesh) - 33 (Body), 36 (U Torso), 37 (U L Arm) 38 (U R Arm) 39 (U L Leg) 40 (U R Leg)

Torso Armor - 41

Shoulders + forearms - 42 (A L Arm) 43 (A R Arm) - optionally can choose which pieces

Legs + shins - 44 (A L Leg) 45 (A R Leg) - optionally can choose which pieces

Shoes/Boots - 54 (unnamed) would conflict with some accessory mods like visible weapons

Naval Jewelry - 55 (unnamed) would conflict with some accessory mods like visible weapons

Nipple Jewelry 56 (unnamed) would conflict with some accessory mods like visible weapons

Pelvis Jewelry 57 (unnamed) would conflict with some accessory mods like visible weapons

Hoods - no changes needed

Note that this approach also present an issue with damage resists and armor modifications.  There is easily a possibility that the player can have resists well in to the multiple hundreds as so many pieces can be equipped simultaneously, and multiple stacking enhancements (like legendary, etc.).  Obviously, some attention would be needed here to dial all the settings in properly so that the mod worked well and did not make the player invulnerable to damage.

This would in essence be similar to how HN66 Sirius slots work - there are drawbacks to this approach:  other mod conflicts, but it WOULD solve the bodyslide clipping issue as the body would be contained in the Bodysuit mesh options and can therefore by integrated in a much better way to eliminate clipping.

Additionally, I would require Aegis' express approval for this because it is a substantial change to the vision and implementation of this mod.

To your direct question about the body changing - the base body for this mod included a modified CBBE body for the high heels alignment, but it was not a 0 slider version.  So the breasts, hips, and buttocks were modified a bit.  That's how Aegis' vision of the mod was, so I did not alter that.  Any bodysliding will start form the "new 0" position which is not CBBE zero.  You CAN affect a slimmer version by using negative values in the BodySlide tool though.  I've had pretty good success with this approach.  As it happens, my preferred CBBE preset is very close to this mod's implementation, but when I applied my preset it exaggerated the hips and thighs, and I needed to dial them back down a bit, for consistency.

That all being said, I find that the "fuck doll configuration" worked best for how I wanted to use the mod - which is most of the armor components on with skin showing underneath.

@AWP3RATOR

I must admit, I considered many factors while working on this set, but not bodyslide compatibility. I will be more conscientious of my design choices in my future mods.

This mod was mostly just me testing the waters, as I'm fairly new to the fallout modding scene. That being said, barring any significant gamebreaking bugs, this mod will most likely only receive maintenance updates from me, as I'm currently occupied with newer, and shinier projects (more info soonTM).

If you would like to convert the outfit into standard biped version, by all means, go for it. Having more options is never a bad thing.

On 7/31/2018 at 10:53 PM, AWP3RATOR said:

...The severity of the clipping depends on your bodyslide preset of choice.  You CAN mitigate this clipping by editing the Bodysuit records to increase their volume in the trouble spots. ...

Would it be as simple as tweaking the scale settings in outfit studio or is it more involved than that?

Standard Biped Version update:

1. Convert/clean meshes (flipped normals, etc.) - DONE
  2. Convert BodySlide files & game meshes to biped style - in progress
  3. Convert plugin to biped style - not started
  4. Testing/bugfix cycle - not started

The work has started.  I'm currently re-rigging and weighting 28 meshes and regenerating BodySlide files with the body included in the mesh to eliminate clipping issues with various body configurations.  Then on to the plugin side to implement the game changes, modification and variation system.  Then testing and bugfix.  I hope to have this back out to the community this weekend.  Stay tuned! 

4 hours ago, -Player1- said:

Any word about the AtomicBeauty files ?

I'm working with @FutureTech101 on that.  Or more accurately, we agreed it would be best to rebuild the BodySlide files based on the biped version of the mod.  FutureTech101 has offered to cut the AB files from the new bodyslide files when they are done.  So.... soon? :)

3 hours ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I'm working with @FutureTech101 on that.  Or more accurately, we agreed it would be best to rebuild the BodySlide files based on the biped version of the mod.  FutureTech101 has offered to cut the AB files from the new bodyslide files when they are done.  So.... soon? :)

fingers crossed for a fast release ^^