[Sims 4] erplederp's Hot Sims - Sexy sims for your whims! (22/08/20 - added Brigitte Lindholm!)

2 hours ago, cableguy7uk said:

Pharah only two items in tray not showing in game...

I've tried re-downloading the common files and the Pharah files and using only that in a clean game - it works for me (other sims may come with more files, but they are thumbnails and other unnecessary stuff). Double check that you put the tray files in the Tray folder, enabled custom content in the game options and checked "Include custom content" in "My Library".

53 minutes ago, erplederp said:

Updated - added Lara Croft. Don't forget to download the updated common mods file too (mostly for the skin details).

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!! Believe it or not, of all the sims you've shared here, Lara is my favorite. Though it's possible you already guessed that. ?

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, nyuno said:

i cant create Lara in my The sims, help me ? 

Make sure you do the following:

- copy the contents of [erplederp] Hot Sims - Common Mods - 4-5-19.zip into C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

- copy the contents of the Mods folder from [erplederp] Hot Sims - Lara Croft - 4-5-19.zip into C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

- copy the contents of the Tray folder from [erplederp] Hot Sims - Lara Croft - 4-5-19.zip into C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

- enable custom content and mods in the game (... -> Game Options -> Other -> Enable Custom Content and Mods & Script Mods Allowed) and restart the game

If you do all this, you should find Lara in the game in "My Library" (don't forget to check View Content By All and Include Custom Content here).

If I try to load any of the sims I get an error message about items being removed due to not being installed despite downloading and installing all the common mods. This leads to a few of the sims having textures replaced with mostly black areas sprinkled with question marks and red spots, most notably the eyes and mouth of Lara and Pharah. Any ideas what the issue could be?

@HappyTrails186 Have you downloaded and installed this file - [erplederp] Hot Sims - Common Mods - 4-5-19.zip? Note that there's also an older version of it without the date (you probably don't want that).

Now, if you have and there are still these issues, I think it may be a mod conflict (which are generally unlikely but can happen). One of the other mods you have uses the same numeric identifier as textures in one of my mods.

You could try three things:

Open the sims in the Sim 4 Tray Importer and see if there are any missing mods (indicated red) or duplicates (indicated orange). Note that there are sometimes false positives when it comes to missing resources which do not cause any real issues (see the double earrings below).

s4ti.png.c5aa655f7cb731554c9e40e77ee6c954.png

Temporarily move away the content of your Mods folder away (or just rename it to, say, Mods_) and install only the common mods and the sim specific mods in the Mods folder and see if the problem goes away. This should confirm the mod conflict.

Then there's also Mod Conflict Detector (use with caution).

@HappyTrails186 I moved ALL mods and tray content away, downloaded and installed only the common mods and Lara. This is the result:

1008734674_05-31-19_7-39-14PM.png.f9993728e17adfa98900814beda2f9d0.png

I'm not really sure why this doesn't work for you. Is your game up-to-date? I use the latest version. I'm fairly sure it also isn't a conflict with the expansion pack stuff I don't own because I know people with all the packs and Lara works for them.

Maybe some of the game or mod files are corrupted somehow - you could try repairing your game in Origin and re-downloading and re-installing my files.

You could also try removing individual CC items from the outfit to find the specific one which causes it. As a last resort, you could try incrementally removing individual mods or folders (Overrides, Sliders, Skin Tones, Body,...) to narrow down the culprit.

Apparently it was something about the shoes in everyday presets 1 and 5 that the game did not like, they aren't showing up in the clothing selection but are still selected apparently and clicking the red X to remove the shoes fixes it. This is what I've got and I've downloaded the files today, it's not missing any somehow is it?

Untitled.png

@HappyTrails186 Yes, the list is correct but I get it now! You don't have the Get to Work expansion, right? The brown steel toe boots (shown below) are just a recolor of a GTW item and it needs it to work properly - the question marks are a placeholder the game uses when it doesn't find the referenced textures. Sorry I didn't realize this faster. So... you have to pick or download some other brown boots if you wish to complete the look (or get the expansion).

Edit: I realize now it would be better to list the required expansions for individual sims too (at least people wouldn't be caught off-guard like this).

23950123_erplederpSteelToeBoots.png.5e6901d8be6ce359b99c68078899ccec.png

• 1 month later...

Updated - added Olivia Lewis v2.0.

The sim requires a few expansion packs (see the description) and the common mod pack (which has not been updated this time though, yay!). Sorry about the total size of the file. The bandana she wears in the cold weather outfit has over 30MB. I don't know what's up with that. *shrugs*

597940173_07-18-19_12-06-21AM.png.7695eeb91627c80cae44bb01a8f4d0e0.png

@HappyTrails186

Thanks for the info! I missed the Luxury Party Stuff somehow for the double strap pumps recolor (the description is updated now). I would recommend using any simple black high heel pumps instead if you don't have the pack - Madlen Mazel Shoes on TSR are close to what I have in mind (or some of the base game shoes really). 

Veronica 2.0 is in fact in the works. Along with some new/replaced outfits (athletic, sleep, formal, party, hot/cold weather), revised accessories and skin details she includes most of her outfits already posted in R-Lo's thread - the white/pink everyday outfit, the short blue party outfit, the colorful matching sleepwear, the cut-out white one-piece swimsuit, the gymnastics outfit, the princess costume and the angel costume. After her I'd like to do the same for Gabrielle. That being said, these are really just long-term plans without any "release date" attached.

• 3 months later...

Pretty sims and really nice CC for them. I love that you've taken the time to separate out the common files too. On that note there are a few files that are hard to tell if they are overrides:

For example, it's clear that "wild_guy FemaleDefaultNudeSkin" is an override as there can only be 1 'default', but it's not in the 'overrides' folder.  You've done a wonderful job naming most of them with their categories yet there are a couple where it's unclear if they are overrides: "[erplederp] Female Naturist Bottom", or "wild_guy Butts" for example. So many you have named with the skin detail location, which is just awesome mostly for the fact that one doesn't have to wonder if it's an override: ("[erplederp] Female Intimate Colors (Detail, Left Cheek Mole)" for example).

People should learn from your naming conventions which really should be standard for people that get anywhere near making overrides. As a simple consumer it makes a huge difference in not having to wonder if you're going to get conflicting defaults. Thanks for your uploads!

Edit: Just wanted to add that you have quite a few duplicates between your sims, clothing, and accessory packs. If somebody wanted to really nerd out on your collection you could probably pare things down even further. Personally when I see a set of sims I generally like I get all of them and then sort through them later. Just a thought on a sort of erplederp mega-collection that would inherently have no duplicates. Thanks again for your great work. I'm really enjoying your style in-game: It's sort of between cartoon and realistic but feels highly consistent.

Also, the body details are fantastic. The scars, private bits, sweat, etc.. Really nicely done.

@Biomirth Thank you, both for the praise and the feedback regarding naming! ?

I briefly checked the content of the common files and the sim-specific files. The only potentially "harmful" (overriding) files outside the designated override folders are the following - Azmodan22's rig in Rig folder, sliders in their folder and the default skin by wild_guy you pointed out. I like to keep the default skin together with the rest of his non-overriding skin details (wild_guy Butts is one such detail), because I sort of assume that most people have those installed anyway and then it is better for them to not install the whole "wild_guy Female Body Details" folder from my common files at all, because the content probably is out of date (better get it straight from the source).

As for my naturist bottoms, tops and such - they are all non-default nude appearance body parts without the nudity associated behaviour using the meshes I like (base game or cmar's). I use them in the nude or semi-nude outfits of my sims (e.g. in the sleep or swimwear category), so even if you use a different default nude bottom and top, my sim still looks as intended. As a general rule I try to stick with, when it comes to my stuff (prefixed "[erplederp]") unless it has "Default" or "Override" right in the name it does not override.

As for the naming, I do it for myself, too. I have way too many mods (and some in multiple slots to allow different combinations) and need to keep them in check somehow. ?

Happy simming, Biomirth!

5 hours ago, Biomirth said:

Just wanted to add that you have quite a few duplicates between your sims, clothing, and accessory packs.

You're right, I'm aware of this. I consider the sims, the clothing and the sets stand-alone uploads, so there's bound to be some amount of overlap.

Perhaps the worst aspect of all this is that some of the files then contain older versions of the mods. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to properly re-upload all the affected packs when I add a swatch here and there (or something). Not ideal. On the other hand, uploading would trigger notifications when nothing of actual substance changed.

I feel that the only thing I can realistically do is just sort/categorize the new uploads properly.

5 hours ago, Biomirth said:

I'm really enjoying your style in-game: It's sort of between cartoon and realistic but feels highly consistent.

I actually quite like the simplified and expressive cartoony style of TS4 and just try to improve on it the best I can while still keeping it MM enough to mesh with the game's look (somewhat).

6 hours ago, Biomirth said:

Also, the body details are fantastic. The scars, private bits, sweat, etc.. Really nicely done.

Well, my ladies need to look the best when they leave the shower, don't they? ? Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...