[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

Ohhh I'm waiting for this! XD Seems really interesting; can't wait to be able to dom the empresses of the land. Question though; would there be a targeted decision to try and 'test the waters' with a person? So for instance, bring it up once while walking along the castle, and see how they react. Just because for me it takes forever to get the event to find the House

Both domination and recruitment include some form of 'testing the water'. Consider getting to the second event a sign of approval. If someone keeps refusing outright, they're probably not the right choice. Especially prude and pious people would be very reluctant. Characters who would fit into the House are easier to convince, and it also helps if your character presents themselves well.

To be fair, the outcome there is quite absolute. Maybe I'll revisit the recruitment event and include a little more feedback on the fruitfulness of the endeavor.

• 3 weeks later...

Regrettably I have to delay the release of version 0.9. There have been unforeseen issues with the way sessions are supposed to function. I have a solution and just need to fully implement it yet. Maybe I can get it ready this weekend, but it will be out Feb 8th at the latest.

I'm sorry for making you wait.

It's finally done!

The session framework I built is quite complex and kept coming up with new creative ideas how to rob me of my sleep. But finally it had to concede to me.

Again, I'm sorry for not keeping the announced release date, and I hope you enjoy the new content.

So far I've noticed two things.

When trying to get a lover not in the society to be my sub, the events fired for a while, lots of failures, some progress, then events just stopped firing and it got stuck with me still attempting to dominate that character, but no progress ever being made (for years) and also no opportunity to call it off and go after someone else.

I peacefully sunsetted that character with the console and it restored my ability to try to dominate others. 

With a lover who is in the society, I dominated him easily but he keeps offering to submit himself to me. About 20 times so far. I accept each time. I have the dominant modifier, he has the submissive modifier, I can do sessions with him, but he still keeps "asking to be my slave". 

Obtaining a Mistress/slave doesn't seem to work. Whether playing a dom or sub, as the above poster mentioned, events stop firing, leaving the character stuck trying to get them to agree. On the rare occasion it does work, there are no events firing once they become your dom/sub. 

Version 0.9.1 is live.

Issues with domination breaking should be fixed now.

A new game is not necessary, but broken domination from before the update will sadly not resume. To fix it, you can use the new Stop Domination decision and restart the process.

Just had the mission to introduce a new slave girl into the house.

Problem is the house is female dominant by the gamerule in my case i.e. females get to domina right away thus the mission is not able to be fulfilled.

I guess it would be the same issue at the other end of the spectrum i.e. male slave mission in male dominant house.

It's not necessary to advance beyond servant. The mod offers roughly equal amounts of content for submissives, as it does for dominants, and there are unique events catered towards submissive characters, that you will never see if you rush for Master.

That being said, I have a feature planned for the 1.0 update that does go beyond 'just' staying a servant, and might just be the true slave option you're looking for. I'll probably make a DevDiary on that at some point.

5 hours ago, livevil said:

That being said, I have a feature planned for the 1.0 update that does go beyond 'just' staying a servant, and might just be the true slave option you're looking for. I'll probably make a DevDiary on that at some point.

I'm intrigued ?