[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

The House of O - A Society for BDSM

Title.thumb.png.0f62a2b5fb93a1f19c671f37005cc41b.png

Do you want to take a break from ruling over others and serve them for a change? 
Do you want to dominate your lover and make them submit to you?
Do you like lots of events?
Then this mod is for you!

Features

• Join the House of O and complete slave training.
  • Find a dominant partner and submit to becoming their plaything.
  • Become dominant yourself and start collecting a stable of slaves, or just keep the special one.
  • Rise to the top and become the Master or Mistress of the House, enforcing your will on slaves and dominants alike.
  • Explore the House of O in over 500 unique events

Joining the House

Unconventional erotic practices are not exactly forbidden, but widely frowned upon. As such the House of O does not openly recruit new members, but sends personal invitations to promising individuals. As with any secret society you need to show interest in it for someone to approach you with a careful offer. Other than that, you need only your curiosity, and a healthy interest in carnal pleasures.

Start a new game. Savegames that were started without the mod will not work.

To be able to show interest in joining, you need to be:

• An adult
  • Neither tribal nor nomadic
  • Not imprisoned
  • Neither chaste nor celibate

Ranks

Rank 1 - Slave

The first few years you will spend entirely at the House and train to become a good slave.

Rank 2 - Servant

As a servant you are free to come and go as you please. You may be called upon to keep the House running, and maybe you will find a friend or even something more among the other servants.

Rank 3 - Domina / Dominus

Not everyone has what it takes, to be a dom. Many are content with staying submissive, but those who rise above enjoy all the benefits the House offers.

Rank 4 - Master / Mistress

The Master or Mistress oversees all the aspects of the House, but they share not their secrets in ensuring the society stays safe and prospers.

Powers

Offer Submission

Offer to become the submissive part in a relationship.

Craft Devices

Using plans and instructions from the House of O you‘re able to craft restraints, toys, or accessories suiting your fancy. You will additionally need to acquire tools and materials. More learned characters have a higher chance to create quality works.

Choose Slave Lifestyle

While all members of the House share some common tastes, everyone has their own kinks. With this power you can choose a special lifestyle trait from a list of diverse fetishes.

Commission Devices

Don't want to work yourself? That's what servants are for. Upon reaching rank 3 in the House, you have the option of commissioning various devices used in your Sessions, paying for them with money or society currency.

Dominate

What would a dominant character be without the ability to dominate others? It might take some time, but you know just how to coax a lover or spouse into submitting to you. Of course you can also make the slaves and servants at the house yours, and while a slave can only have one master, a dominant can have many slaves.

Hold Session

Not a society power per se, but a decision any dominant can take to start a session with their submissive lover. It will most commonly become available to you by dominating someone, but is also possible if a member of the House offers submission to you regardless whether you're a member or not.

Findom

Demand to manage your slave's finances and use them to their benefit ... or yours.

Take Private Slave

Choose among the fully trained servants and take a special private slave that is reserved for your own use. Assign proper housing and a daily duty to them, and reap the profits of an obedient minion that id fully dedicated to you.

Dominate Ruler

Project your dominance outside the House of O and dominate an Independent ruler into becoming your vassal. Some rules of the feudal system must be adhered, but this presents an opportunity to build your political power base without waging war.

Break

Some slaves are perfectly content with obeying their betters. Others must be reminded of their station every now and then. But there are those annoying few who just won't give in. Well now you have a way to make them obey, by thoroughly breaking their spirit and turning them into mindless thralls or some other entertaining and useful form.

Installation

• Extract the archive into your [username]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\
  • Enable the mod "BDSM Society: The House of O" in the Crusader Kings 2 Launcher
  • Enjoy

Update

• Delete the folder "bdsmSociety" in your [username]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\ folder
  • Extract the archive in that same folder and override existing files

Requirements

No DLCs are required, but some events do not show the intended picture if Monks and Mystics is not enabled.

Portrait Packs are recommended for more variety and prettier characters, but no features depend on them.

Compatibility

Compatible with version 3.3.3 of Crusader Kings 2. Older versions will probably cause issues, and are not supported.
Compatible with the Lesbocracy-Mod, formerly known as "School of Sappho".

Saves made with older versions of the mod may work, but I recommend starting a new game.

There may be issues with mods that add new sounds. 

Other mods should work fine.

Total Conversions will cause issues and crashes.

Development Diaries

DevDiary #1: Missions for Dominants

DevDiary #2: Powers of Domination

DevDiary #3: BDSM Sessions

DevDiary #4: Master's Private Slave

DevDiary #5: Boons of Being Master

DevDiary #6: Master Powers

DevDiary #7: New Relationship Interactions

The Road Ahead

Crusader Kings 3 has been released, and as such my focus shifts from this wonderful game to its sequel.

So what will happen to the House of O?

I'll try to fix the remaining bugs whenever I find the time to do so. Although, the new game brings new opportunities, I won't abandon this project until I'm satisfied with its playability.

Will there be a port for CK3?
Some of the gameplay mechanics I rely on with the House of O aren't present in CK3. So porting this mod isn't a viable possibility right now. HOWEVER, I plan on starting a new project, a spiritual successor if you may. You can read about my ideas for such a mod here.

Disclaimer

This is a work of fiction meant for entertainment. It does not represent realistic relationships between humans. Some of the methods described in the mod may be unsafe. Please don't try them at home.

Although most of the content depicts consensual relationships, this work also contains descriptions of forced slavery, non-consensual intercourse, and sexual violence. The author of this mod does not promote nor condone any such practices.

Special Thanks

tacomarine – for ideas concerning interaction events between sub and dom lovers

Buzhidao – for working out compatibility between our mods

Korbah & SaintDaveUK – for providing easy to use trait icon templates for modders

typo in decisions and society events file. When deciding to craft a device by decision, the character flag set is bdsm_craft_device, but when choosing to not craft a device in the first event popup, the character flag cleared is bdsm_craft_devices, meaning that you can never attempt to craft another device.

decisions code with flag underlined:

Spoiler

bdsm_craft_device = {
        potential = {
            society_member_of = bdsm_society
            society_rank = 2
        }

allow = {
            society_currency = 150
            prisoner = no
            NOT = { trait = incapable }
            NOT = { trait = slave_in_training }
            custom_tooltip = {
                text = bdsm_not_crafting_TT
                NOT = { has_character_flag = bdsm_craft_device }
            }
        }

effect = {
            detract_society_currency_minor_effect = yes
            set_character_flag = bdsm_craft_device
            character_event = { id = BDSM.2200 }
        }

event file with flag underlined:

Spoiler

character_event = {
    id = BDSM.2200
    is_triggered_only = yes
    picture = GFX_evt_library

desc = BDSM_2200_desc

option = {
        name = BDSM_2200_opt1
        character_event = { id = BDSM.2201 }
        ai_chance = {
            factor = 20
            modifier = {
                factor = 2
                NOT = { society_rank = 3 }
            }
            modifier = {
                factor = 2
                is_submissive = yes
            }
        }
    }

option = {
        name = BDSM_2200_opt2
        character_event = { id = BDSM.2202 }
        ai_chance = {
            factor = 20
            modifier = {
                factor = 2
                society_rank = 3
            }
            modifier = {
                factor = 2
                is_dominant = yes
            }
        }
    }

option = {
        name = BDSM_2200_opt3
        set_character_flag = bdsm_craft_toy
        character_event = { id = BDSM.2210 }
        ai_chance = {
            factor = 10
        }
    }

option = {
        name = BDSM_2200_opt4
        clr_character_flag = bdsm_craft_devices
        change_society_currency = 150
        ai_chance = {
            factor = 0
        }
    }
}

Holy shit I didn't know how much I needed this mod XD the writing is very good and I love the premise here. I haven't been able to get a partner to be my dom and I think there may be something broken in that situation; but ultimately I love it! I had some writing btw for another submissive mod for CK that I haven't heard from the author in some time. If you'd like I can send you my ideas and what I've got so far. Can probably re purpose it a bit or at least think of new things

typo in decisions and society events file. When deciding to craft a device by decision, the character flag set is bdsm_craft_device, but when choosing to not craft a device in the first event popup, the character flag cleared is bdsm_craft_devices, meaning that you can never attempt to craft another device.

Oh, I thought I had fixed that already. Thank you for pointing it out.

I haven't been able to get a partner to be my dom and I think there may be something broken in that situation;

I tested it, and the even itself works. For me anyway. Was the event itself broken, or did you just get rejected over and over? Some characters are very reluctant, or to prude, to consider an offer of submission. 

I had some writing btw for another submissive mod for CK that I haven't heard from the author in some time. If you'd like I can send you my ideas and what I've got so far. Can probably re purpose it a bit or at least think of new things

I would love to look over what you wrote. Inspiration can never hurt.

I keep having this statue event fire on me and kill me every time I start up a game without using Ruler Designer. Whenever I DO use Ruler Designer, the event fires on the former owner of the titles I took, and then just fires on me whenever I try to join the titular Society of O. How do I actually play the mod? Is this a bug or something I'm not understanding?

EDIT: So, I just realized that the statue event ("My New Life") is *actually* firing on (and killing) every single character in the game. Turns out it was a result of me trying to manually fix the bug mentioned in the post above. So, to everyone reading this, don't try to fix it yourself; you might accidentally wipe out the entire human species.

That seems very unsave. XD Maybe I should disable events linked to not implemented features for now.

How, may I ask, did you try to fix the issue? The console command "clr_char_flag bdsm_craft_device" should work for now, and I can't fathom how it would cause the extinction event, you described.

EDIT: Or which post are you referring to?

11 hours ago, livevil said:

I tested it, and the even itself works. For me anyway. Was the event itself broken, or did you just get rejected over and over? Some characters are very reluctant, or to prude, to consider an offer of submission.

Yeah I get accepted but nothing fires. No events; and I can continue to offer submission to this person. I'll PM you what I have as far as the text

Ah yes, I see how this would be confusing. There is actually a bug causing the decision not to register whether a character is already in a sub/dom relationship. I'll release an update shortly which will fix that.

If you were hoping for playtime events with your new master, I sadly have to disappoint you. For now the event only gets you a lover and a character modifier. Interactions between sub and dom I'm still working on, and hopefully will release them soon.

As of right now you can reach the rank of master from being a servant. I feel like there should be a way to prevent the player from becoming the Master/Mistress. Maybe a decision (like "Dedicate yourself to servitude") which would give a trait (like "Dedicated Servant") that would negatively impact your score for being chosen as the next Master (maybe make it -999 or -9999). You could make the decision only available for rank 1-2 members. Additionally you could make a decision to renounce your dedication, which would get ride of the trait, making you eligible to become Master again.

I see, yes, there needs to be something preventing a servant from directly becoming the master. There will be requirements to reaching rank 3, like not being content or submissive, and the master should exclusively be picked from among rank 3. So if there are no rank 3 members, I need to catch the succession and somehow prevent a servant from getting the position.

Plummeting the score would be an effective workaround, but there has to be a more elegant solution...

On 7/26/2018 at 4:43 PM, eeeee said:

I don't get the event to join. How do you join? 

If you show interest in the society via the society list, you should get the event within a few years. If you have waited more than 5 years without getting it, it might be broken. If so have you done anything out of the ordinary before trying to join? Are you playing with any other mods? Maybe there's a compatibility issue I'm not aware of.

22 hours ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

I really like the start of this mod. Thanks for making it!

Thank you for your kind words, my queen. I will do my best to make it suit your royal taste. ?

17 hours ago, Qwarter said:

is there any use for toys?

Not yet, but there will be eventually.

17 hours ago, Qwarter said:

also, there is no option to give dominant BDSM gear to your dom once you have crafted it

You can gift it to them via the normal Give Artifact targeted decision.

On 7/27/2018 at 3:41 PM, livevil said:

If you show interest in the society via the society list, you should get the event within a few years. If you have waited more than 5 years without getting it, it might be broken. If so have you done anything out of the ordinary before trying to join? Are you playing with any other mods? Maybe there's a compatibility issue I'm not aware of.

Thank you for your kind words, my queen. I will do my best to make it suit your royal taste. ?

I don't have the society in the society list...does this conflict with dark world reborn? 

20 hours ago, Margaery Tyrell said:

Nope, it doesn't. I am running that and a couple of others along with this mod. Are you running any other mods? Some mods would break this.

well it still doesn't show up even when I disable all my other mods.

I haven't tested it with dark world yet, but I will be aiming for compatibility as soon as my mod is complete.

If the society doesn't even show up, the most likely explanation is, that you are playing a tribal or nomad. They don't get to join, since I feel the sophisticated nature of the House wouldn't be compatible with savage cultures. Any other government should at least be able to see the society in the list.

2 hours ago, livevil said:

I haven't tested it with dark world yet, but I will be aiming for compatibility as soon as my mod is complete.

If the society doesn't even show up, the most likely explanation is, that you are playing a tribal or nomad. They don't get to join, since I feel the sophisticated nature of the House wouldn't be compatible with savage cultures. Any other government should at least be able to see the society in the list.

I played with the byzantines and franks