Clothing Bodytype Converter V.5.0 (12.24.2013)

gerra6

when i try to use this script with source dmra upper and target hgec e-cup the script crashes for me. here is a copy of console output:

***** Begin *****

**Active Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.027661 sec**

**Active Mesh Initialization: 0.191134 sec**

**Context Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.028439 sec**

Traceback (most recent call last):

File ""' date=' line 1, in

File "C:\Blender\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\object_create_transformation_lat

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

tice.py", line 1356, in main

getLattice(ob_act, obs, PREF_SD_BAND.val, PREF_SD_VNUMBER.val, PREF_LNUMBER.

val, PREF_LVERTDIST.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_X.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_Y.val, PREF_LNOD

E_TYPE_Z.val, PREF_X.val, PREF_Y.val, PREF_Z.val, PREF_X_CROSS.val, PREF_BUTTOCK

_ID.val, PREF_Z_EDGE.val, PREF_LATTICE_SIZE.val, PREF_GROWTH.val, PREF_WMAG.val,

PREF_ANODE.val, PREF_VLOCK.val, PREF_BREAST_RING.val, PREF_NECK_RING.val, PREF_

ARM_RING.val, PREF_UPPER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LOWER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LEG_RIN

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

tice.py", line 986, in getLattice

newVectorList = getRingVectors(ob_ctx, ob_act, ctxNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'

'], actNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'],0,'LeftArm',ArmIterations)

tice.py", line 397, in getRingVectors

RingGroup1Grid = CompareLists(RingGroup1Rat,RingGroup2Rat)

tice.py", line 249, in CompareLists

tempa = (i, float(1-((v - itm))/float(v - list2[i-1])))

ZeroDivisionError: float division

Hmm. It sounds like the arm ring algorithm is choking a bit on those two meshes.

Try the attached version and see if the problem persists. If it works, I'll patch the main branch.

This time the result is almost the same, but the error message is different

***** Begin *****

**Active Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.027775 sec**

**Active Mesh Initialization: 0.189745 sec**

**Context Mesh Vert Categorization: 0.029618 sec**

File "", line 1, in

tice.py", line 1368, in

main()

tice.py", line 1356, in main

getLattice(ob_act, obs, PREF_SD_BAND.val, PREF_SD_VNUMBER.val, PREF_LNUMBER.

val, PREF_LVERTDIST.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_X.val, PREF_LNODE_TYPE_Y.val, PREF_LNOD

E_TYPE_Z.val, PREF_X.val, PREF_Y.val, PREF_Z.val, PREF_X_CROSS.val, PREF_BUTTOCK

_ID.val, PREF_Z_EDGE.val, PREF_LATTICE_SIZE.val, PREF_GROWTH.val, PREF_WMAG.val,

PREF_ANODE.val, PREF_VLOCK.val, PREF_BREAST_RING.val, PREF_NECK_RING.val, PREF_

ARM_RING.val, PREF_UPPER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LOWER_WAIST_RING.val, PREF_LEG_RIN

G.val,PREF_MMARGIN.val)

tice.py", line 986, in getLattice

newVectorList = getRingVectors(ob_ctx, ob_act, ctxNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'

], actNonManifoldVerts['LeftArm'],0,'LeftArm',ArmIterations)

tice.py", line 425, in getRingVectors

RingAngles2 = VertexAngleListGroup2[RingIndex2[0]]

IndexError: list index out of range

What I forgot to mention is that when source body is hgec and target is dmra the script runs without errors. Don't know if that information helps. Too bad I want to conver armors and clothes from dmra to hgec e cup not the other way around :/

Could you provide me with the meshes?

I can't replicate the error

Nice timing. Just as I decided to update my post with the meshes xD Attached them in my previous post

As a noob who is looking to get into converting' date=' will you release a tutorial on how to use this program of yours?

I've DLed a bunch of other armor converting tutorials too, and have messed around in blender a little with some pretty horrible results :-/.

[/quote']

Well, the instructions on the first page cover most of the basics. However, they do assume a certain basic familiarity with blender.

What are some of your questions?

Nice timing. Just as I decided to update my post with the meshes xD Attached them in my previous post

For the time being' date=' just set "Arm Rings" to 0 and it should work fine. In general, you shouldn't need to use the ring algorithms unless there are big differences between the meshes.

I'll see if I can track down the cause of the problem.

*edit* I've taken a look at the meshes and I think that the DMRA mesh has at least two issues that are probably causing the problems.

The first is the Breast Bone weightpainting. It's sort of all over the place. Take a look.

The second issue is a big gaping hole of non-manifold vertices in the chest. That's a large enough collection of linked non-manifold vertices that the ring algorithm can't tell the difference between it and the actual seams.

I'm fairly certain that's what broke the arm algorithm.

You've got two paths. The easiest is to download a mesh that has already been cleaned. The meshes in my Setbody Reloaded mod should be cleaned and ready for the transformation lattice generator.

The other option would be to clean the meshes yourself. See the instructions on the first page for fixing the breast bone weightpainting. The non-manifold vertices will be a bit tougher and require some delicate editing to clean without changing the shape of the breast.

I'm going to try with the mesh from your setbody. Almost everything you say sounds like black magic to me at my current level :D

Seems like I'm doing something wrong. With your mesh the script didn't crash but the result is far from what would be expected.

I'm going to try with the mesh from your setbody. Almost everything you say sounds like black magic to me at my current level :D

Seems like I'm doing something wrong. With your mesh the script didn't crash but the result is far from what would be expected.

If I were to hazard a guess, you probably used a very large setting for "Growth Margin"

Set it to 0 and see what happens. Then try it with a setting of ~0.1.

If I were to hazard a guess' date=' you probably used a very large setting for "Growth Margin"

Set it to 0 and see what happens. Then try it with a setting of ~0.1.

[/quote']

Well the OP said to use values around 1.05 for that.

Anyway with 0 its much better. but still seems quite ugly. Don't know if it's redy for converting armors

Well the OP said to use values around 1.05 for that.

Anyway with 0 its much better. but still seems quite ugly. Don't know if it's redy for converting armors

Looks like I had a typo in the "explanation of options". It's a pretty ugly section. I need to figure out a way to clean it up.

The truth is' date=' most of the time, there are just a few settings that need to be adjusted. The problem is that every once in awhile, you have a conversion that requires lots and lots of work. So I have far more settings in this tool than I like, but I don't really see any way to get rid of them and still retain the necessary flexibility.

Anyways, experiment with different settings to see what happens. My recommendation for these two meshes?

Set all of the "Rings" settings to 0 (Seriously...the Ring Search algorithm can perform miracles on otherwise impossible meshes, but the rest of the time it just gets in the way.), set the lattice node search # to 30-50 or so, set the vertex search to something in the 1-5 range.

Enable Breast Rings.

Something along these lines:

Which produces the following results:

You are a genious! now I am this close |<--->| to converting DMRA Skimpy stock replacers to HEGEC-E. Although I ran into some more difficulties when importing one of the armors.

What might be the cause for this?:

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.7 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.10)

File "C:\Blender\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line

1229, in gui_button_event

self.gui_exit()

1589, in gui_exit

self.callback(**self.config)

File "C:\Blender\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 3769

, in config_callback

importer = NifImport(**config)

File "C:\Blender\Bin\Blender\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 254,

in __init__

if root in [c for c in b.skin_instance.skeleton_root.children]:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'children'

And what would I need to do to fix it?

You are a genious! now I am this close |<--->| to converting DMRA Skimpy stock replacers to HEGEC-E. Although I ran into some more difficulties when importing one of the armors.

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.7 (running on Blender 249' date=' PyFFI 2.1.10)

self.gui_exit()

1589, in gui_exit

, in config_callback

in __init__

if root in [c for c in b.skin_instance.skeleton_root.children']:

Hmm...it looks like an export error of some kind.

If I were to hazard a guess, it might be a skeleton problem.

Here's what I do.

Get all of the meshes that you want to export together on a single layer with nothing else. Delete all skeletons, if present.

Next, Select all of those meshes (hit 'a' until they are all highlighted)

Now, while those meshes are selected, begin the process of importing a skeleton, but stop at the options screen.

Look for the button "Import Skeleton Only + parent selected" and select it.

Complete the import process.

That new skeleton should be parented to all of the selected meshes.

Now, with those meshes all selected, go through your normal export process.

If that doesn't work, go ahead and upload your blend file and I'll take a look at it.

*Edit* I just realized you wrote *import* and not export. For import, my guess would be some weirdness in the settings.

Here are my default import settings for most purposes:

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.7 (running on Blender 249' date=' PyFFI 2.1.10)

self.gui_exit()

1589, in gui_exit

, in config_callback

in __init__

if root in [c for c in b.skin_instance.skeleton_root.children']:

Ran into this myself. It's a problem with some of the DMRA stock meshes. In NifScope, click on each mesh object, and click on the NiSkinInstance option. Under the row called Skeleton Root, it should say "None". Changing that to "0" should fix the issue. You'll need to do that for each piece of the mesh.

To gerra6: Thanks for this, I'm actually trying out mesh conversion thanks to your script.

Do you have any tips for converting to GUTS style lower bodies? My Lattice never gets close enough for the leg areas.

There are a lot of seriously ropey Nifs out there (orphan nodes and bad blocks abound).

My advice to anyone would be to learn what a valid Nif should look like. The engine is very forgiving when it comes to garbage in a nif. Naturally Blender is less forgiving. (I got into the habit of sanitizing Nifs long ago.)

Ran into this myself. It's a problem with some of the DMRA stock meshes. In NifScope' date=' click on each mesh object, and click on the NiSkinInstance option. Under the row called Skeleton Root, it should say "None". Changing that to "0" should fix the issue. You'll need to do that for each piece of the mesh.

To gerra6: Thanks for this, I'm actually trying out mesh conversion thanks to your script.

Do you have any tips for converting to GUTS style lower bodies? My Lattice never gets close enough for the leg areas.

[/quote']

Another life saver! Thanks man. Some of the nodes had 'none' just like you said. Setting them to 0 fixed importing issue.

There are a lot of seriously ropey Nifs out there (orphan nodes and bad blocks abound).

My advice to anyone would be to learn what a valid Nif should look like. The engine is very forgiving when it comes to garbage in a nif. Naturally Blender is less forgiving. (I got into the habit of sanitizing Nifs long ago.)

Sanitizing by hand or one of the batch options would fix that issue?

To gerra6: Thanks for this' date=' I'm actually trying out mesh conversion thanks to your script.

[/quote']

GUTS legs are tricky, so tricky in fact that I've been using them as one of my base testing meshes for the development of the script.

The biggest issue that you need to both grow and shrink the mesh in different places. In order to do this effectively, you'll need a lot of nodes. So set a nice high number for your node multiplier (blender caps the number of nodes per axis at 32, so don't worry too much about the exact number)

Beyond that, you're going to want to try lots of different combinations of settings to compensate for the differences between the meshes.

Here's an absurd example: Converting from Manga Wide to GUTS

With the result:

It's not perfect and definitely needs some tweaking, but it's a start.

(I got into the habit of sanitizing Nifs long ago.)

Sanitizing by hand or one of the batch options would fix that issue?

Both. 'Crop to branch', 'Combine properties' and 'remove bogus nodes' clean up loads of cruft.

Visual inspection and changing properties by hand (and then another combine properties) deal with more issues.

Experience teaches you what a valid Nif should look like and how you fix it.

Enable Breast Rings.

Any tips with which settings to experiment to get better shape in the marked areas?

Sometimes you can improve results with subtle tweaks to some of the settings, but there are limits to what can be achieved with lattices.

The outer sides can probably be improved by modifying the OP2 bone weightpainting on both meshes. See the instructions on the first page about improving upper body lattices. I suspect that the bulge marks the spot where the OP2 bone ends, growing it by one or two rings of vertices should solve that bulge.

The cleavage, well, there's not much to be done there with lattices. The problem is that they're very close together and need to be moved in opposite directions. Movements made to one side will tend to cancel out movements made to the other side. (Edit, I've taken another look at the image and I believe that the sharp edge *might* be improved by changes to the OP2 breast bone area as well)

The underboob is going to be a bit tricky as well. There are three things that I would probably try.

1. The lower vertices on the DMRA breast are moved significantly more than any other vertices in the mesh. This means that the "magnifier" settings will disproportionately affect them. Use this to your advantage.

1.a Note, Growth bias can sometimes be used in conjunction with magnifier to improve results.

2. Modify node types. This can be done after the lattice is created by selecting the lattice and changing the UVW nodes. Each node type uses a subtly different algorithm for influencing vertex movement. Changes along a particular axis can sometimes get you closer to the results that you want.

3. Breast bone painting. It is possible that the problem is related to the side bulge. Increasing the area that is part of the OP2 bone groups might help here.

Note: There is a quick hack that sometimes works. Delete the OP2 and OP3 breast bone groups. This will generally cause the script to settle on the OP1 breast bone group as the best available option. Since the OP1 groups generally cover a larger area than either the OP2 or OP3 groups, this might give you the result that you are looking for. It also might cause horror and distortion, so be ready with .

Enable Breast Rings.

Any tips with which settings to experiment to get better shape in the marked areas?

Sometimes you can improve results with subtle tweaks to some of the settings' date=' but there are limits to what can be achieved with lattices.

The outer sides can probably be improved by modifying the OP2 bone weightpainting on both meshes. See the instructions on the first page about improving upper body lattices. I suspect that the bulge marks the spot where the OP2 bone ends, growing it by one or two rings of vertices should solve that bulge.

The cleavage, well, there's not much to be done there with lattices. The problem is that they're very close together and need to be moved in opposite directions. Movements made to one side will tend to cancel out movements made to the other side. (Edit, I've taken another look at the image and I believe that the sharp edge *might* be improved by changes to the OP2 breast bone area as well)

The underboob is going to be a bit tricky as well. There are three things that I would probably try.

1. The lower vertices on the DMRA breast are moved significantly more than any other vertices in the mesh. This means that the "magnifier" settings will disproportionately affect them. Use this to your advantage.

1.a Note, Growth bias can sometimes be used in conjunction with magnifier to improve results.

2. Modify node types. This can be done after the lattice is created by selecting the lattice and changing the UVW nodes. Each node type uses a subtly different algorithm for influencing vertex movement. Changes along a particular axis can sometimes get you closer to the results that you want.

3. Breast bone painting. It is possible that the problem is related to the side bulge. Increasing the area that is part of the OP2 bone groups might help here.

Note: There is a quick hack that sometimes works. Delete the OP2 and OP3 breast bone groups. This will generally cause the script to settle on the OP1 breast bone group as the best available option. Since the OP1 groups generally cover a larger area than either the OP2 or OP3 groups, this might give you the result that you are looking for. It also might cause horror and distortion, so be ready with .

[/quote']

I don't know how do you know the things you know but I think you know a lot. (happiness induced crazy talk). Leaving only OP1 helped a lot. I don't think we can get any closer.

Now I guess I'll run into many problems when I'll move to lower body armors as I assume similar settings won't work for that. Also what about armors that are whole body? When I'll have one lattice for upper and one for lower I just combine upper parts, then combine lower parts and use appropriate lattice for each?

*edit* Oh and what if I don't combine the parts but apply lattice to each one, would that work and would that have an impact on the result? Tweaking after transforming would be easier with the parts not combined

I don't know how do you know the things you know but I think you know a lot. (happiness induced crazy talk). Leaving only OP1 helped a lot. I don't think we can get any closer.

Trial and error mostly' date=' combined with a foolhardy willingness to break things. The truth is, I'm still a Blender noob. Writing these scripts (starting with my first humble weightpainting script back in August) has taught me a ton about how Blender works.

Now I guess I'll run into many problems when I'll move to lower body armors as I assume similar settings won't work for that. Also what about armors that are whole body? When I'll have one lattice for upper and one for lower I just combine upper parts, then combine lower parts and use appropriate lattice for each?

For the most part, lower bodies are *much* easier than upper bodies.

Most of the same settings work, the biggest difference is matching butts when the meshes differ substantially. Just set a reasonable number for the buttock radius and the script will do the rest.

Full body meshes should also be fine. Just use both the Breast Ring settings and the buttock radius settings, and with luck, everything should work out.

Trial and error mostly' date=' combined with a foolhardy willingness to break things. The truth is, I'm still a Blender noob. Writing these scripts (starting with my first humble weightpainting script back in August) has taught me a ton about how Blender works.

Most of the same settings work, the biggest difference is matching butts when the meshes differ substantially. Just set a reasonable number for the buttock radius and the script will do the rest.

Full body meshes should also be fine. Just use both the Breast Ring settings and the buttock radius settings, and with luck, everything should work out.

[/quote']

Yeah, not as horrible with my first attempt at setting this up, but still quite wrong on the buttock. I feel like I'm abusing your helpfulness.

*edit* Oh and what if I don't combine the parts but apply lattice to each one' date=' would that work and would that have an impact on the result? Tweaking after transforming would be easier with the parts not combined

[/quote']

That depends on exactly what you mean.

Let's say you merge a pair of upper and lower body meshes and then create a lattice to transform one to another. Now you have a single lattice that, when applied to a merged mesh with a structure similar to the source mesh, will transform it into an approximation of a mesh based on the target mesh.

What happens if you then take that lattice and apply it to an upper body mesh? Ugly happens, that's what.

The lattice will apply its changes to any mesh as if it were a full body mesh, no matter the size or dimensions.

OK, what if you create an upper body lattice and apply it to a full body mesh? More ugly, for the same reason.

*edit* Oh and what if I don't combine the parts but apply lattice to each one' date=' would that work and would that have an impact on the result? Tweaking after transforming would be easier with the parts not combined

[/quote']

That depends on exactly what you mean.

Let's say you merge a pair of upper and lower body meshes and then create a lattice to transform one to another. Now you have a single lattice that, when applied to a merged mesh with a structure similar to the source mesh, will transform it into an approximation of a mesh based on the target mesh.

What happens if you then take that lattice and apply it to an upper body mesh? Ugly happens, that's what.

The lattice will apply its changes to any mesh as if it were a full body mesh, no matter the size or dimensions.

OK, what if you create an upper body lattice and apply it to a full body mesh? More ugly, for the same reason.

Well if the full body armor has distinct pieces which are not combined (for example skirt and bra) I could use the upper one on just the bra and the lower one on the skirt and it should work right?

Any thoughts on that buttocks issue from previous post?

[/quote']

Yeah, not as horrible with my first attempt at setting this up, but still quite wrong on the buttock. I feel like I'm abusing your helpfulness.

DMRA to anything smaller is always tricky. I have yet to crack it to my satisfaction. In fact, if I do create a 3.4 release, it will probably be to deal with this specific issue, but I don't have any workable ideas at the moment.

One tweak that sometimes helps is to play with the axis search bias settings. In particular, you may notice that the buttock ends up much lower than it should when you are done. Try different variations of the Z search bias, in particular.

Another possibility is to hijack the breast bone algorithm. Note, this only works if you are creating a lattice for lower body styles, not full body styles.

Start with BB weightpainted lower bodies. These generally will be painted with the OP3 bones. Grow the areas on each mesh, if necessary (see the instructions for upper bodies on the first page).

Then create two sequential lattices.

I'm playing with some settings to see what I can come up with using an extreme example (Manga Wide to HGEC-S)

I'll post the images if I create something I'm happy with.

Well if the full body armor has distinct pieces which are not combined (for example skirt and bra) I could use the upper one on just the bra and the lower one on the skirt and it should work right?

That should work fine, depending on the mesh. You may need to join it with the base upper body to get a clean transformation, depending on the shape and structure of the clothing/armor.

DMRA to anything smaller is always tricky. I have yet to crack it to my satisfaction. In fact' date=' if I do create a 3.4 release, it will probably be to deal with this specific issue, but I don't have any workable ideas at the moment.

[/quote']

And most of the cool things (at least the ones I found) are made for DMRA >.< I like big boob but DMRA is just huge, too much for my taste.

DMRA to anything smaller is always tricky. I have yet to crack it to my satisfaction. In fact' date=' if I do create a 3.4 release, it will probably be to deal with this specific issue, but I don't have any workable ideas at the moment.

[/quote']

And most of the cool things (at least the ones I found) are made for DMRA >.< I like big boob but DMRA is just huge, too much for my taste.

Here's a test update of the script that adds the option to use BB Butts weightpainting to aid in the generation of quality lower body transformations.

It is primarily designed to work with Bip01 Op3.R and Bip01 Op3.L bones, but any breast bone styles that contain a "3" should work. It also should be compatible with any full body meshes, or upper and lower body meshes that have been joined. (I've added code that should be able to tell the difference between lower body OP3 vertex groups and upper body OP3 groups)

The net effect should be to give you quite a bit of additional flexibility to target vertices for improved butt transformations.

As an example, I imported two lower bodies with BB Butts weightpainting. Then:

Which Gives

Archived