Clothing Bodytype Converter V.5.0 (12.24.2013)

gerra6

The beta scripts package was dangerously outdated, but I'm very close to releasing a new package with updated versions of all of my tools, and a few new ones as well.

At this point I'm really just waiting on reports from the testers.  With that in mind, if anyone reading this thread wants to test the updated scripts, send me a quick message or post here and I'll send you the latest package.

• 1 month later...

That's not good. Could you paste the full text of the error? I can use that to figure out what's broken.

Thanks.

***Edit***

Are you using the latest patched version of the Lattice Generator? Labeled Lattice Generator Bugfix 5.03 (12-27-2013) on the Blender Scripts Package 1.01

I *think* that error was fixed in the 5.03 update.

That's not good. Could you paste the full text of the error? I can use that to figure out what's broken.

Thanks.

***Edit***

Are you using the latest patched version of the Lattice Generator? Labeled Lattice Generator Bugfix 5.03 (12-27-2013) on the Blender Scripts Package 1.01

I *think* that error was fixed in the 5.03 update.

Yeah, its working new, I just needed the update :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, gerra6...Can we use this to adapt armor from HGEC to DMRA?

Cos I remember the first time I learn to convert armor, there is a tutorial in cs.elderscrolls about "How to adapt armor using Lattice".

& that's the thing I don't understand until now. So I'm still using manual converting by moving vertex when I wanna do some converting.

Thanks.

Absolutely.

Both HGEC and DMRA use the same hgec-compatible textures and UV maps, so they should convert fairly cleanly.

I'd also recommend taking a look at stand-alone clothing converter that I just released:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-type-converter/

Because it works on the nifs directly, it is able to generate lattices with singificantly higher resolutions (and subsequent transformation quality) than the Blender lattices.

• 5 months later...

did anyone ever make a video on how to use this?

i am sooo fed up of manually converting stuff to more bodies

and i am definitely too stupid too understand how this works by reading it,

i simply can't understand anything when it's written

This looks like an amaaazing tool and id really love to use it but i really don't get it

@Minoumimi

As stated on the first post first line under the red *notice* that this has been pretty much replaced by the new standalone version you can continue using this version, however the quality and capabilities of the stand-alone converter now exceed this tool's abilities by a considerable margin. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/?p=690766 This is where everything is updated at now and has lots of info in the first post under the spoilertags. mem4ob4 has some useful info in this post http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v072-3-30-2014/?p=796885

• 3 months later...

I have had this tool for a while, and I have CONSISTANTLY noticed one annoying issue; the number of glitched or non existant meshes I get when using this tool to convert an armor from a UNP body type or UNP body type cousin, to a CBBE body type, there is ALWAYS some kind of issue; whether that is weird spike shaped protrusions all throughout the clothing or armor, or it just doesn't generate any meshes at all after several minutes of computing, there is always an issue when converting between those two body types.

Otherwise, so far, this has been a very useful conversion tool.

Are you using the Blender version or the stand-alone version?

Now, UNP to CBBE is pretty nasty either way. They use incompatible UV maps, so you can't use the UV search (or things get really ugly).

For the most part, the stand-alone tool should generate better results than the Blender version of the tool, so I generally recommend trying it out if you've only been working with the Blender version.

At some point, I may get ambitious and update my Blender tools to use my latest point to surface searches that allow for the high precision conversions in the stand-alone tools. But for now, the stand-alone tools generally do a better job than the Blender versions.

Cool.

We're in the Blender thread right now.

Here's the stand-alone thread.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v089f-10-26-2014/?p=690766

Here's a post I wrote a while back about a fairly complex and somewhat finicky method that you can use to improve the results when converting between bodies that use different texture standards.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27557-new-clothing-body-style-converter-release-candidate-v089f-10-26-2014/?p=954445

The latest version of my tools can generally be found at my site

Here: http://kgtools.org/

• 2 years later...

Can this tool be used to add HDT support to an outfit? I attempted this under the assumption that it could but it did not produce results as expected. Here are the steps I took:

1. Found a set of non HDT armor.

2. Found the body that the armor used.

3. Found the same body with HDT support.

4. Placed the non-HDT into the from folder

5. Placed the HDT into the to folder.

6. Built lattice.

7. Placed all non-HDT armor into target folder.

8. Enabled recursive folder searching.

9. Let the tool complete.

If this is not a tool that can do this, is there one out there that can?

• 1 month later...

Hey, I've been having a trouble with this and I'm not sure why. I've been trying to convert the mesh for one of Lind's armor sets [spellslinger], but the converter just stops working the moment I try to start it. Any ideas as to why?

Look in the 'save' folder for the make_lattice and convert_clothing logs. They should tell you what went wrong.

Hey, I've been having a trouble with this and I'm not sure why. I've been trying to convert the mesh for one of Lind's armor sets [spellslinger], but the converter just stops working the moment I try to start it. Any ideas as to why?

Look in the 'save' folder for the make_lattice and convert_clothing logs. They should tell you what went wrong.

Thank you! I checked in the save folder and got this for the convert clothing log

altNodes : Non-Skin Only
Distance : 10.0
seams : True
name : ClothingConverter_Options
subfolder : 0
Tool : CONVERTCLOTHING
destination : C:/Users/Charles/Downloads/Clothing Converter/Tools RC_89_e/Clothing Converter/output/Spellslinger Outfit
norm_weight : 0.0
x_axis : False
calc_normals : True
version : b_70
template : C:/Users/Charles/Downloads/Clothing Converter/Tools RC_89_e/Clothing Converter/lattice/UNP Base to CBBE Base.lat
target : C:/Users/Charles/Downloads/Clothing Converter/Tools RC_89_e/Clothing Converter/target/Spellslinger Outfit
mesh_axis : False
y_axis : False
z_axis : False
Targets : 1
exclude_ground : 1
cross_x_axis : True
Loading Lattice
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 342, in <module>
    Main()
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 274, in Main
    lattice = loadLattice(c_s['template'])
  File "C:\Users\Charles\Downloads\Clothing Converter\Tools RC_89_e\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\lattice_util.py", line 13, in loadLattice
    lattice = pickle.load(open(path_, "rb"))
EOFError

Sadly, I'm not the best with this sort of stuff, so I'm unaware as to what the actual reason for the error is.

Sadly, I'm not the best with this sort of stuff, so I'm unaware as to what the actual reason for the error is.

It looks like the clothing converter didn't like the lattice for some reason. Try rebuilding it, maybe with some different options enabled, and see if it helps. These are great tools, but sometimes need an incantation or two to get the desired result.

Archived