[1.0] Tau Ceti - Fully Modular Combat Armor

Aegis

Tau Ceti Combat Armor

7/21/18: Mod has been released. See here.

1.thumb.jpg.a2a9629e2cc637403fb1ef672262a1c1.jpg

Been playing Fallout 4 a bit recently, so I thought I'd try my hands at modding the game.

I'm very new to the scene, and I still have much to learn.

I got the idea for a fully modular armor set while playing with Fallout 4's weapon/armor modification system, and I thought it would be cool to have a set of armor that can be fully customized in game, with each piece of the armor conferring unique and interesting gameplay effects.

The outer set is Aeon Soul's Tau Ceti, hence the name of this armor set.

The inner layers consist of a bunch of random stuff I myself and others have made over the years, and re-purposed for Fallout.

-

Currently, the armor is divided into 11 sections, each consisting a set of modules.

Each module will confer unique gameplay effects, as well as altering both the name and the appearance of the outfit.

Naturally, the modules can be mixed and matched to suit the player's preference and play style.

Fallout4-2018-07-14-02-00-38.thumb.jpg.9596bd0e6df378c5bb23d6dcf568d80b.jpg

Click on the spoiler below for a chart of all the current modules (subject to change):

Spoiler

enb2018_7_14_22_09_18.jpg

Click on the spoiler below to see a few possible combinations (out of ~600,000+):

Spoiler

enb2018_7_14_20_01_51.thumb.jpg.c770193170f5b956a4cfa8a6fad190ea.jpg

Naturally,  you can end up with some pretty wacky combinations too:

Spoiler

a.thumb.jpg.bb0f756dc5ac72e8022fb4eb4694ec2e.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

The mod is ~80% complete. I thought I'd put this out here to get some feedback/suggestions from the community.

I'm mostly focused on CK atm. Fallout 4's CK is quite different from Skyrim's, so I'm still learning.

Of course, I won't rule out any additional modules, and I'm always open to suggestions.

-

I especially need help coming up with interesting gameplay effects for each module.

I'm kind of stuck trying to think up cool, interesting, and kinky (emphasis on the kinky) gameplay effects for each piece.

-

Anyways, that's all for now, I'll leave you guys with a few more test shots I took earlier:

Spoiler

2.thumb.jpg.f01618cd5877ddd010d5726d7dccf1ed.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Stay Tuned/

Thanks for all the encouragements; I'm slowly plugging away at the entries...

@gizmo1206 - No, sorry. While I like the idea of bodyslide (and my character uses the CBBE body), I never enjoyed working with outfit studio. Maybe someone would be willing to help make the presets.

@TheGreyWolf - Thanks for the suggestion. Recon scope/perception boost/VATS assist have already been incorporated into the hood section:

enb2018_7_15_19_39_37.thumb.jpg.4b80b2c3113ee68c6d7169664ef7fb3e.jpg

On that note, added a new hood module today - integrated respirator:

Spoiler

enb2018_7_15_16_41_20.jpg

enb2018_7_15_16_40_59.jpg

Still need to work out how I want to handle character's hair. The hood won't work with all hairstyles, and most custom hairs forego hairline mesh altogether, so I'll probably have to make the hood take up both hair slots.

More to come/

dv8x2z4osnv0i03h0.jpg

Update: fixing stuff...

I was stumped earlier trying to figure out why the body mesh kept disappearing when viewed up close:

enb2018_7_16_13_19_53.thumb.jpg.2cc19f3add37d27308d1b8bf4e3e0809.jpg

So I ended up doing a bunch of tests.

Basically, Fallout 4 is a lot more finicky when it comes to meshes/normals/weights. Even the tiniest issues such as an under-weighted vertex can cause the entire mesh to disappear.

As for the problem at hand; apparently, for whatever reason, Bethesda elected not to use full precision meshes for Fallout 4, so the mesh glitches out when viewed up close.

Switched the body mesh to full precision mode. All good - for now:

enb2018_7_16_13_20_06.thumb.jpg.a6e40745cb28dd0e7c264505fc5f229a.jpg

Nom/

Gonna admit was at first Leary, but your screenshots and description have captured me I really am looking forward to this I love clothing and armor like this. Reminds me of The Amazing World of Bikini's the whole I can mix and match different armors and such is right up my ally. I am gonna wait for this to complete but good show.

23 hours ago, Aegis said:

Sure. I'm actually intrigued by how it might look on male characters...

Thank you for your permission. U want this mod uploaded only here or nexus too ? My id on nexus is SavrenX. Mostly i made sexy male clothes.

3 hours ago, SavrenX said:

Thank you for your permission. U want this mod uploaded only here or nexus too ? My id on nexus is SavrenX. Mostly i made sexy male clothes.

Just here. Thanks and have fun.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Aegis said:

Update: fixing stuff...

I was stumped earlier trying to figure out why the body mesh kept disappearing when viewed up close:

enb2018_7_16_13_19_53.thumb.jpg.2cc19f3add37d27308d1b8bf4e3e0809.jpg

So I ended up doing a bunch of tests.

Basically, Fallout 4 is a lot more finicky when it comes to meshes/normals/weights. Even the tiniest issues such as an under-weighted vertex can cause the entire mesh to disappear.

As for the problem at hand; apparently, for whatever reason, Bethesda elected not to use full precision meshes for Fallout 4, so the mesh glitches out when viewed up close.

Switched the body mesh to full precision mode. All good - for now:

enb2018_7_16_13_20_06.thumb.jpg.a6e40745cb28dd0e7c264505fc5f229a.jpg

Nom/

perhaps a full body mesh like in the above picture with hood of course could be an immersive cammo suit you put it on and only the mesh out lines are visible . great looking mod .

Archived