[mod] [SxB] Aphrodite's Bow

11 hours ago, deathsight said:

i don't know why but i cant complete the quest to summon aphrodite

It should be fixed now. There's was a buggy behavior action that Chucklefish left in the game for spawning NPCs. I attempted to patch the problem in the Aphrodite's Bow mod, but I am willing to bet that you have another mod that attempts to patch the problem in a different way than I did.

Long story short, I just wrote a new behavior action to spawn NPCs, and it should not be overridden by any other mod. So, it should fix the problem for all players experiencing this issue.

5 hours ago, deathsight said:

i don't know when i interract with the plinch my character simply lies on it and the handmaiden simply diseapear when she uses it

When you get up, is the character still lying on the plinth? If it is then there is some other mod causing it to crash. I can help to narrow it down if you provide your Starbound.log file.

For Some Reason, I can't get the quest to work. I get the staff, Go to Aphrodite's retreat talk to her Handmaiden and then that's it... She tells me to lay down on the Alter, I do so. She walks over and Vanishes. And Nothing happens. The Sexbound Position wheel appears but I can't choose anything because there's nothing going on. And Since her Handmaiden disappeared into thin air I can't retry the start Summoning Ritual Dialogue. HALP!!

4 minutes ago, Shinigami-Chan said:

I doubt that's the issue because they're both the latest version but I see your point, Just have to figure out if it's GFY, TH, ATC... Or Sxb itself...

Well, if you attach your starbound log file(s), we can see if there's anything that sticks out in there. If you haven't already, you can try a basic install and remove everything except Sexbound and Aphrodite's Bow, create a new character, and see if it works correctly.

There's a lot of little things that can go wrong in these things, like I had the arrousal rate cranked so high, that Aphrodite was spazzing out. She kept trying to go to the Handmaiden to have sex, would do so for a second, and then try to move back to her spot only to back to the handmaiden again. That was with Aprhodite's Bow v4.0.0 though, so that's probably gone.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked my logs, here's what I'm getting as an error:

[Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/pluginmg..."]:47: (LuaException) Cannot coerce lua value into a string
[0] 7ff6608478c3 Star::captureStack ...

stack traceback:
    [C]: in ?
    [C]: in global 'require'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/pluginmg..."]:47: in local 'func'
    [string "/scripts/util.lua"]:132: in field 'each'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/pluginmg..."]:31: in method 'loadPlugins'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor/pluginmg..."]:17: in method 'new'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound/actor.lua"]:39: in method 'new'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:110: in method 'addActor'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:439: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/lib/sexbound.lua"]:438>
    (...tail calls...)
    [C]: in field 'sendEntityMessage'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:94: in field 'sendMessage'
    [string "/objects/sexbound_node/sexbound_node_node.lua..."]:26: in function <[string "/objects/sexbound_node/sexbound_node_node.lua..."]:23>
    [C]: in field 'sendEntityMessage'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:176: in method 'setup'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:127: in global 'old_updateB'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc-custom.lua"]:18: in method 'updateB'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:97: in method 'update'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:42: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:39>
    [C]: in function '_ENV.xpcall'
    [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:39: in function <[string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:31>

This is with 4.1.2 on the 2.9 API.

If the quest breaks and the handmaiden vanishes on the sex node, you can always force spawn Aphrodite through

/spawnnpc human aphrodite

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, hentai lord12 said:

can you get back to aphrodite's retreat if you've forgotten to save the teleport to there (i'm a idiot i know)

If you have the staff, yeah. Just fire it up again and it'll direct you there.

Getting a Staff is not that difficult, so keep an eye for that when looting.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Froggy said:

"Added 100% spawn chance of Aphrodite's Staff in the chest under the Outpost."

What chest is this?  I didn't know that there was one.

as soon as you spawn in from the main teleporter, go left and traverse the underside of the outpost with the grappling hook or spiderball

eventually you'll hit a room with an npc and a storage crate

On 5/16/2019 at 11:09 PM, ixtheinterloper said:

as soon as you spawn in from the main teleporter, go left and traverse the underside of the outpost with the grappling hook or spiderball

eventually you'll hit a room with an npc and a storage crate

i honestly totally forgot about that room...

2 hours ago, McProEnder said:

IDK i downloaded the mod un-Ziped the file put it in the mods folder and when i go to spawn the staff it gives me a perfectly generic item,  i have the latest sexbound and its in my mods folder un Ziped donno how to make it work 

generally speaking providing the most up to date log file (typically located at \Starbound\storage\starbound.log) is conducive to receiving technical support

2 hours ago, McProEnder said:

IDK i downloaded the mod un-Ziped the file put it in the mods folder and when i go to spawn the staff it gives me a perfectly generic item,  i have the latest sexbound and its in my mods folder un Ziped donno how to make it work 

6 minutes ago, ixtheinterloper said:

generally speaking providing the most up to date log file (typically located at \Starbound\storage\starbound.log) is conducive to receiving technical support

Usually, providing a log summons a guy called Red to trouble-shoot and read the lo-- Oh.

Unzipping the mod means the .pak is in the mods folder right? If that's the case, it is being loaded, unless you have a older version also in the mods folder.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, simmodsyay said:

Is there any hints for getting to the secret content? I'm struggling to find how I get into the area >.<

Yes, the hint so as to not spoil it entirely is that you need to use a tech to get into the secret area.

6 hours ago, DirtyDarkling said:

I have a question about acquiring a certain furniture object in the secret area.

Hide contents

Is it possible to get our own GoGo dance table? I saw that and immediately wanted to create my own strip-club / brothel on my planet.

You can obtain it, but its tied to the bossfight itself, so its not really usable.