Love this mod. Goes extremely well with the new Demon race I'm working on. However, (and I didn't see it as a problem until I began testing of the Angel race in the same mod) I would like to see a toggle in the MCM to start the mod, rather than it starting on game load. That would also allow players of male characters the choice of starting the mod or not.

Other than that one small issue, I'm enjoying this mod and all that it offers. Thank you for the obviously hard work and vast attention to detail you've put into this.....

Trykz

On 1/9/2019 at 8:29 AM, Lucifeller said:

...seems something is off with the Skeever pet... ...Also, as an idea, have you considered making a Live Another Life extension that gives a Succubus start option?

Skeever is working perfectly fine in my test save, so I'm not sure what's going on, I assume it may be an issue with SexLab. Ensure your animations are enabled and things are working.

Live Another Life Extension may be fun, haven't really given it thought but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Tho, knowing me I'd go overboard with it... (May be a fun project the next time I have a few days straight to dedicate to modding)

On 1/10/2019 at 12:26 PM, ClosetRacist said:

... it's not breaking the game, just the balance of it...

If you would like more information on the perks I used and perhaps suggestions on how to balance it (such as adjusting the power values of some of the perks), I would be happy to give them.

I'd consider that breaking things. Anyways, I'm working on a balance pass for the next update so hopefully that'll help fix things. I'm always up for suggestions on how to balance things - I just need to be careful since everyone has a different install and balance is ultimately different for everyone (so some changes won't go through).

On 1/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, Trykz said:

...I would like to see a toggle in the MCM to start the mod, rather than it starting on game load...

It's been suggested several times but with how Skyrim loads mods and data (plus adds stuff to your save for even having an ESP active in the first place) people are better off using mod/character managers to have different active ESPs and such. This carries over to ALL mods, and for that reason I haven't really followed through with it. That said tho, I do need to make some mechanics optional that way if someone was just too lazy to use a manager then they could just disable all gameplay effects and play anyways, just ignoring the MCM menu for it. (More specifically Status Cap restrictions, although you can currently disable everything in some way, such as disabling drain or even sex drops, to disable health caps you have to use the Status Cap Override in the settings MCM and set it to something insane like 5000, which you'll never reach in normal play - that way it never tries to drain or reset it. A toggle would be better for this)

12 hours ago, epwizard said:

I am probably making a very simple mistake with a setting...but I am getting zero drain from sex.  What should I check?

I'd need more info to help - works fine in my test game. Ensure SexLab is set and working properly, seems to be common on SE for the registers to get completely screwed which usually only minor-ly effects mods - but it completely breaks Succubus Heart.

11 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

I'd consider that breaking things. Anyways, I'm working on a balance pass for the next update so hopefully that'll help fix things. I'm always up for suggestions on how to balance things - I just need to be careful since everyone has a different install and balance is ultimately different for everyone (so some changes won't go through).

Here is a useful graph for you that can help you logically balance things based on math. I use it all the time when balancing XP progression and how skills/perks affect things in the games I make.

https://www.desmos.com/calculator/pzwb1vinyu

The above settings are adjusted for the absorb health effect on hitting people, and the values itself are based on Skyrim's distribution of absorb health weapons.

Average case scenario, with someone who invested 12 levels into absorb health, should absorb 5 health per second, which is quite a benefit. Someone with 100 in that perk will absorb 25 health per second, which is quite large.

Here is the formula printed nicely:

let p be 2

let m be 0.8

let BDSM be the current BDSM value (Either Body, Desire, Soul, Mind)

let BDSM be the maximum possible BDSM value

Magnitude = ( ( x^(1/p) )/m ) + (1 + (BDSM/MaxBDSM))

However this requires you to implement the following things:

The maximum possible level for a perk is 100.

I think that either 100 or something low like 50 is a good idea so people don't turn into gods, like which happened to me. Someone could theoretically become immortal if they reset their perk points and invest it all into absorb health. You're guaranteed to get at least 200+ health absorption per second if you had the mod installed since you first played.

The maximum possible value for each BDSM stat is 500.

You can get some pretty high BDSM values to the point where the MCM display for the BDSM rating can go over the page. I think 500 is a safe value since 1000+ in each stat will cause issues with the MCM.

An overhaul of the XP/Desire system.

It's very difficult to find and calculate a desired value for what an appropriate XP system should look like, especially with respect to perks. I'm struggling to come up with a proper "goal point" for obtaining all the benefits. Should 20 approximately 20 hours of vigorous use of the system allow you to gain all the benefits? 40 hours? And which activities should grant you XP?

There are a lot of things I like about the XP system. I like how that there is a system in place where you can't just have sex every second, it's very intelligently designed. I like how combat is a large part of it. I like the creativity of some of the perks that generate desire. 

However, there are a few things I don't like too much. I'm not really fond of the soul dropping system, as it becomes annoying at higher levels because the effects don't scale. I found it a little odd that given I very rarely actually have sex in the game, I became the ultimate succubus because of that system.

I think you should get rid of the soul drops and replace it with possibly a different system. Perhaps the succubus ladies can sell you empty black soul gems, and in exchange for filling up those black soul gems and giving it back to them, you can gain xp/desire. Perhaps add a perk or a special power that passively gives the player a soul-trap cloak that casts soul trap on nearby NPCs only (not animals) to assist with this.

I think that an appropriate setting can be achieve with playtesting and guesstimation. If I trap and trade 500 black souls, I should have enough xp/desire to max out every single perk. I think this quite fair, as I have killed over 800 people in my 130 hour save.

1 hour ago, ClosetRacist said:

Thank you for the input! It's always nice to see different perspectives on things. One of the problems with Skyrim is its mostly linear scaling, and having a mod like Succubus Heart stacked on top is always 'extra' - this is why the Status system is used to try and counter-act this and in future updates this'll be a new limiting factor (and as mentioned - I think in the vanilla thread - many overhaul mods also base their progression and power based on Status as well).

I did some quick test runs a few days ago when I had some down time, simulating approximately 20/40/60 hours of game-time. Keep in mind these new scaling methods have only been just released for a single update, and after these tests I found 2 problems, scaling is WAY too high after a certain point (it gets easier to get stronger the farther along you are, rather than the intended reverse method) and there's nothing really stopping someone from just dropping 5000 BDSM points into a single skill and running with it because of this (no diminishing returns).

So you're right about the perks cap and it's actually already being implemented (I'm about half way through them... this update is taking a while >.>) and they all cap at different points based on the skill (20 being the baseline). Skills costs in BDSM have also been all standardized and increased, and their Status requirements have been increased drastically. I don't want to cap BDSM because that limits peoples options (if someone wants to be a god - why should I stop them?) but I have to be reasonable in normal scaling. And I think Desire is fine - it's meant to be a balance-r for people that don't always 'hop on slongs' or whatever they do for sex acts, that way they don't fall behind in Heart XP just because they decided to actually play the game, I just need to balance where that XP goes. Death Drops were meant to be an early boon to help with early game struggles (use to get a lot of complaints of early game balance being brutal) however a passive is on the To do list to add scaling to them. While the souls idea isn't a bad one, I like the variety the death drops system adds and it was literally requested to return when I tried to remove it (not kidding, I got more messages about that and Rare Sex Drops more than anything else ever when I tried to remove them - So I just rebalanced them instead).

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 6:07 PM, J the Hog said:

Is it possible to make it start with a delay? Something like do a daedric quest first?

I don't think it's necessary - depending on how you configure it, this mode makes sense for more than just a succubus character. I use it for every character while disabling most of the options, as I  like them having the benefit of slowly getting skill points instead of just wasting time. ? And stuff like the "Devious partner" passive would make sense for a simple thief.

Another time, I was playing as a Succubus to begin with, so, many of the options being enabled by default still made sense.

I like the freedom of configuration this mod gives. Just enable the options when you think they make sense.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, Kitsudragon said:

A quick question. I've just started a new game with this running, and I've noticed that the spells don't seem to work. "Sexual enrage" et al. I walked right up to someone and cast it point-blank, and while the casting animation played, nothing happened.

Yeah, it's pretty wonky for me too. It might have an RNG factor. 

I'm just going to come right out and say it....

This mod is fucking awesome!!

Stats, numbers, pages of configuration (that actually matter)... it's like someone made Skyrim into an RPG :)

On my first play, I didn't really understand the mechanics and just threw points into BDSM somewhat randomly and ended up as a helpless kitten with 12 health that spent more time in the succubus realm than Tamriel. The second time through, I paid more attention (and actually read the help lines!) and had a lot more fun.

I jumped back to Oldrim briefly to try v4.4 and the balance changes you've made in 4.5 are brilliant - the BDSM tree is uber powerful (once you understand it, lol) so now it's always a quandary... Do I spend those BDSM points for another rank in X now to boost my seduction powers when I know that it will make me utterly defenceless when that bandit charges me with his greatsword...??

The Force Mater tree is a prime example - more skill points = more levelling BUT each rank costs 25 Health/Magicka/Stamina. That's 7 1/2 levels worth in normal levelling - is it worth it, isn't it?.... Ooooh, I love it!

On my current play, I've paired this with Sexlab Enchantress (and turned consensual drain on) and am having a whale of a time playing as an illusionist again. Thank you so much :)

One small request would be for some hotkeys - I keep killing friendly characters by mistake (oops!) and a quick toggle for consensual drain would really help. I can see uses for quickly toggling quite a few other settings too...

On 1/10/2019 at 12:44 PM, Trykz said:

Love this mod. Goes extremely well with the new Demon race I'm working on. However, (and I didn't see it as a problem until I began testing of the Angel race in the same mod) I would like to see a toggle in the MCM to start the mod, rather than it starting on game load. That would also allow players of male characters the choice of starting the mod or not.

Other than that one small issue, I'm enjoying this mod and all that it offers. Thank you for the obviously hard work and vast attention to detail you've put into this.....

Trykz

was fun using the mod but yeah its breaking my other characters so I will unfortunately have to not use it as I don't feel like starting some of my characters over again :/

On 2/27/2019 at 8:03 AM, DDHHW324LKK said:

I've got a CTD whenever I trade with Tali or spirits in the succubus realm. Any clues? NetSript crash log: https://pastebin.com/G26CqrpY

EDIT: I'm not sure, but I think It was caused by HDT PE. I've replaced this plugin by CBPC and now can't reproduce CTD.

I am another person getting a CTD any time I enter the Succubus realm and try to interract with Tali or any spirits. This issue disappeared when I disabled HDT , this was on the latest build of Skyrim SE with all mods up to date. I would rather a work around or patch than to have to give up HDT as I kinda like the way it gives some life to boobs , butts and anything jiggly ;)

On 2/28/2019 at 12:55 PM, Ashgan said:

was fun using the mod but yeah its breaking my other characters so I will unfortunately have to not use it as I don't feel like starting some of my characters over again :/

You can use separate profiles for different characters in your mod manager which allows you to keep some mods enabled one one char and and different mods for another ;) Win-win.

Mod looks very promising, I was looking for something like this to liven up my game-play. I have a few questions, though, before I install this mod:

*You mentioned that AFT and UFO don't work with soul pets. Does that mean that same would apply to EFF (which is what I'm using)?
*Would this mod still work/wouldn't break vampire PC and/or vampire related mods, like Better Vampires or Sacrosanct (my PC isn't a vampire, yet, just wanted to make sure just in case, was leaning towards doing a vampire play-through)?

and most importantly,

*Is this mod SSE version sensitive, since I haven't installed a few of the latest updates, couldn't be bothered with the mess that is re-installation of all of my version sensitive mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded this mod into an existing save and I lost a bunch of stats. My HP went from 400 down to 256 (the mod's health cap).

What happens if I start this on a new game and I increase my stats through level ups past the status caps?

Edit: I tried leveling up on my existing save to see what happens if I increase my stats above the status caps. It seems like the health gradually returns back to the cap...

Seems this makes the stat increase from the level up pointless... or am I missing something?

On 2/27/2019 at 5:03 AM, DDHHW324LKK said:

...I'm not sure, but I think It was caused by HDT PE. I've replaced this plugin by CBPC and now can't reproduce CTD.

On 2/28/2019 at 2:55 AM, Ashgan said:

was fun using the mod but yeah its breaking my other characters...

On 3/7/2019 at 9:36 PM, SimianJyhad said:

I am another person getting a CTD any time I enter the Succubus realm and try to interract with Tali or any spirits...

Huh.. that's actually super weird, this may be because I haven't updated the mod to later versions of SKSE? I haven't updated my Skyrim in quite a while now (had to step away from modding for the last few months) so hopefully if I get everything updated this problem will go away... (Working on an update today, so it should be out tonight/tomorrow)

If that doesn't fix it tho, I'll be at a complete loss.

On 3/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, Lilimorphine said:

Mod looks very promising, I was looking for something like this to liven up my game-play. I have a few questions, though, before I install this mod:

*You mentioned that AFT and UFO don't work with soul pets. Does that mean that same would apply to EFF (which is what I'm using)?
*Would this mod still work/wouldn't break vampire PC and/or vampire related mods, like Better Vampires or Sacrosanct (my PC isn't a vampire, yet, just wanted to make sure just in case, was leaning towards doing a vampire play-through)?

and most importantly,

*Is this mod SSE version sensitive, since I haven't installed a few of the latest updates, couldn't be bothered with the mess that is re-installation of all of my version sensitive mods.

AFT/UFO have issues because they try to replace the vanilla follow/return functions and changes some AI components, this makes Soul Pets unpredictable. I don't know how EFF works but if it doesn't touch those functions it should work fine, otherwise you'll get some weirdness. As for compatibility, Succubus Heart shouldn't have any issues with race mods or other vampire/succubus style mods, Succubus Heart is all additive and doesn't change any vanilla functions.

Not sure whether Succubus Heart is SSE version sensitive or not, I'm not 100% sure on how SKSE works, but I assume since I'm not using any of the new/advanced functions it 'should' work on whatever you have after 0.7 (iirc). Only exception is HDT apparently, something wonkey with newer releases so if you intend to use old versions of Succubus Heart it may cause crashes in the Succubus Realm (or with Soul Pets) if you use HDT up-to-date.

awesome Killer Kitty, glad to see you back and hear that you are working on an update. Succubus Hearts is an awesome mod and works really well with my succubus race I have installed. only trouble I have had out of it is the HDT physics thing with the succubus realm but since that is easily avoidable I have been having a blast with it

On 2/9/2019 at 9:54 PM, Kitsudragon said:

A quick question. I've just started a new game with this running, and I've noticed that the spells don't seem to work. "Sexual enrage" et al. I walked right up to someone and cast it point-blank, and while the casting animation played, nothing happened.

Have the same issue, I try to use entice/enrage and they do nothing. Nights Embrace and Self Pleasure work but the entice/enrage do not. I have combat submit turned off as I use Defeat. Are these spells considered combat? I just want to use them out of combat.

Awesome mod! The most interesting one I've downloaded for Sexlab so far!

So it seems an update will take a bit more work than originally intended. Before I had to part from modding for a while, I had started some pretty low-level changes and I can't really release a full update until they are done. However I've uploaded a "DEV" version of the mod in its current state. This specific release is for people having issues with crashes on newer SSE versions.

BE WARNED - IT WILL HAVE ISSUES! Crafting is completely non-functioning and certain things may not behave as expected, but the core of the mod still works. You can download it here -  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hrxict05cb2K5bdvjbhTBcdo85DEIpMV

Changes in this Dev-Version
Succubus Heart 4.51 DEV
- Removed/Fixed. Incorrect Display of Status Decreases (accidentally left these in last patch)
- Removed. Crafting Mechanic (Replacing with new Soul Forge Option)
- Changed. All passives now have the same cost (30 + 10% per-level)
- Changed. Perfect Orgasm now costs 15 of each Status (was 10 of each Status)
- Changed. Luscious Liquids now costs 15 Status (was 5)
- Changed. Masochist now costs 15 Status (was 10)
- Changed. Seducer now costs 20 of each Status (was 15 of each Status)
- Changed. Violence now costs 60 Status (was 10)
- Changed. Regal Glow now takes slot 60 (Hopefully fixes some compatibility issues? maybe?)
- Changed. Spirit now sells slightly more items on average
- Changed. Spirit now sells Blood Chips (New Item)
- Changed/Fixed. Masochist can now only trigger once for every 5 seconds (Also fixes a bug caused by certain spells)
- Added. Blood Chip Item (Currency)
- Fixed. some inconsistent wording
- Fixed. Slightly increased Sexual Enrage/Entice range to fix it not activating for some people
- Fixed. Made some optimizations regarding memory usage / stability (Technically a WIP, optimizing scripts as I go through them to newer methods/systems)

On 3/24/2019 at 4:27 PM, SimianJyhad said:

...only trouble I have had out of it is the HDT physics thing with the succubus realm but since that is easily avoidable I have been having a blast with it

Glad to hear you're still enjoying the mod. I was able to fully upgrade my Skyrim SE with HDT-SMP and all, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. This either means it's fixed, I misunderstood the issue, or there's some conflict somewhere breaking things that doesn't exist in my own game. If you get the chance it would be a huge help if you could backup your save and try the build posted above (Succubus Heart 4.15 DEV) and see if it fixes the issue for you, reporting back the results. While the DEV build should be mostly stable, even if it fixes the issue I'd recommend keeping a backup of your older save just in-case.

14 hours ago, captjack208 said:

Yeah I wanted to delve into this, but resetting my stats to like really low health and mana was an odd thing.

Uhm.. do you have more info on this? I can't tell if you're having issues with a mechanic or if you're experiencing a bug...

12 hours ago, AmarusCameron said:

Have the same issue, I try to use entice/enrage and they do nothing. Nights Embrace and Self Pleasure work but the entice/enrage do not. I have combat submit turned off as I use Defeat. Are these spells considered combat? I just want to use them out of combat...

Entice/Enrage are not considered combat spells and Combat Seduction doesn't effect them at all. I have a feeling it has something to do with the "range" on the spell for certain players (was requested to make it a 'touch' based spell but it's obviously causing issues for a few players). I'll try expanding it in the next update (or you can try the release in this comment above), in the mean time any more info on this issue would be appreciated.