Cocksmen Village Reborn SE

View File

This is a major rework of ffabris' amazing Oldrim mod "Cocksmen Village". Due to problems with the Oldrim original, ffabris pulled the mod. I felt that was a shame, since this quest mod offers some truly unique quests and interactions. So I took it upon myself to rework the mod. And ended up recruiting ffabris to help me with the scripting. He felt so blessed...
And now I have ported it for use with Skyrim Special edition.

What does it do?
This is a gay quest mod. It starts when you discover the tiny hamlet of Cocksmen Village, located just south of Ivarstead near Honeystrand Cave. Upon finding the village, a series of (sex) quests will start, during which you will meet Aedra and, invariably, Daedra. You will be taken to places you never dreamed possible! And you will also be given an important lasting task by the most contested Divine in Skyrim.

Who can play this?
The mod is written with a male gay audience in mind. However it can be played by all genders as well of course, provided you are prepared to be addressed as male for the duration.
This mod shouldn't interfere with a normal Skyrim play-through, i.e. it is not quest breaking.

Be advised that vanilla scripted events need to play out before the new quest options become available (i.e. Delphine talking to Orgnar in the Inn, the gathering at the hall in Morthal, Brynjolf approaching you in Riften, Beheading scene in Solitude, etc.)

Possible conflicts
- Apart from mods which alter the area the Village is located, there should be no conflicts with other mods. The mod Kaiden2 is confirmed incompatible, since it places a building in the same area!
- However, since some vanilla NPCs have been altered, you should place the mod as low as possible in the load order.
- If you use Wrye Bash to make bashed patches, EXCLUDE this mod OR add the appropriate Bashtags. If you do want to include it in the bashed patch, make sure the altered NPC's from Cocksmen take precedence in the Bashed Patch (drag and drop the potentially overwritten records from Cocksmen into the bashed patch with xEdit)
- The behavior of some vanilla NPCs has been altered. This should not cause any problems, but occasionally it can cause NPCs to not show up where they are supposed to be, if you use a

mod that changes NPC sandboxing, like Immersive Citizens. If this happens, please revert to a previous save and play with the conflicting mod disabled.
   After the quest you can turn it back on. It affects just one quest.
- If you discover any conflicts, please let me know in the forum (not private messages)!

Known Issue(s)
* When entering the Inn to talk to the innkeepers (first quest), make sure you are dressed or the quest dialog will not show up!

* The events in the quest "Love Thy Brother" can stop working/ not starting for some. I have never been able (so far) to figure out why and what is causing it. Nor have I been able to replicate the problems. If you run into these problems, for the time being you will unfortunately have to use the console to skip the offending quest stages. I intermittently keep trying to solve these issues.

Required mods
This mod requires all the mods below, including their requirements!!

Skyrim Special Edition (=all DLC)/ Skyrim Anniversary Edition (1.6+, free or full)
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch (currently optional, but strongly advised)
Sexlab SE v. 1.63 (or higher)
Sexlab Aroused Redux SE (or equivalent)
Fuz Ro D-oh Silent voice SE (Also have subtitles enabled)
KS Hairdo SE (at least the male version, female version is optional for this mod)

At least one working Animation package, preferable with MM animations (see M2M Gay Animations below)

For the Statue replacer patch:

Monuments of Men by JD Anchor

Soft requirement (not required): Monuments of Men Cleaned and upscaled Textures by Xtudo

Recommended mods
Not required but might be helpful.
M2M Gay Animations (SE version is in the download section of the mod)
Schlongs of Skyrim SE 1.1.4 or newer + SoS SE/AE Multi-Edition DLL Replacer
Masculinized Level Lists (Oldrim, no need to convert it)
The Manipulator SE
SexTalk (gay) SE

A fun addition could be "Voice pack for Cocksmen village Reborn SE". So you can hear the men speak their lines, though it isn't perfect.

Patch

Talos Statue replacer patch for Monuments of Men by JD Anchor

Because the statues/ shines of Talos are scripted in the mod, Mesh replacers for those statues didn't work. I finally figured out how to correct that (only took me a few years).

So I am pleased to announce this replacer for the Talos statues created by JD Anchor's most excellent Monuments of Men. Obviously you will need to have the original mod installed for this to work. This patch doesn't use any resources made by JD Anchor. It just makes it so that the scripted statues are now changed to his statues/ textures.

Install AFTER Cocksmen Village. It is save to install this mod during a play through (no scripts are altered).

Known incompatible mods

Kaiden2

I don't know how to move the house added by this mod to a different location.

Installation

Just install with your favorite mod organizer. I use MO2. I have no idea how Vortex works, so I can't help with questions about that.
Make sure the mod is below any NPC changing mods, such as NPC overhauls, beautification/ hair mods and mods that change NPC behaviour.

Updating

Updating to version 1.7 should be safe on a running game.

Skyrim Updates

This mod doesn't use SKSE, so updates to Skyrim itself should not create any problems.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE LATEST SKYRIM VERSIONS (1130/ 1170):

If you upgraded to one of the latest versions of Skyrim and then downgraded back, you will/ can experience random, strange and/or untraceable crashes. The reason for this, is that Bethesda made it possible to use 4096 instead of 2048 ESL, ESM and ESP files. A nice little upgrade to slap more mods on your lists! HOWEVER to make this possible they had to raise the file headers from version 1.70 to 1.71. If you updated then downgraded to a version before 1130, this will cause the random crashes.  In that case you will need to install Backported Extended ESL Support (BEES). This mod make older mods (version 1.70) play nice with the newer file headers. If you are using version 1130 or 1170, BEES is redundant, so you won't need it.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I did the first quest and now nothing happens?
A: Yes, there is a pause between the intro and the next quest. Just do some other quests or wait/ sleep/ "test" the men for at least 24 hours. The next quest will start automagically and give you an update.

Q: Why is there a tree sticking out the wall in the manor and the inn?!
A: You are probably using a tree replacer such as Skyrim Flora Overhaul. Just disable the tree via the console: Open the console (usually with the ~ -key), click on the tree branch you see poking out (make sure you get the actual tree or the wall will disappear! The console should say ObjectTREE in the bottom right of the screen) and type in disable. Should you delete the wall by mistake, type in enable and it should reappear when you exit the console (by using the ~ key again). Using the scroll wheel on your mouse will scroll through the nearby objects, so you can select the ObjectTREE.

Q: I am not sure what to do next? Hayulp!
A: Pay close attention to the dialogue and read the journal entries. Everything is explained in there. Usually, but not always, there is also a quest marker.

Credits
ffabris - for creating the original mod and his invaluable help! Make "an offering to Talos" in his name!
Static dishes and food resource by Tamira
Ready Clutter and Furnishings by Lilith

JD Anchor for his most excellent Talos statues

Art work are ffabris originals and are NOT permitted to be used elsewhere without his explicit consent!

88x31.png NOTE: This mod is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. In other words, feel free to make changes to the mod in any way you like, and upload the changed version. You do not need to ask permission. If you do so, you must credit me, and your version must be free. Further, you also need to credit any other mods used as resources, including those used in my original. Your own creation must in turn be released under these same conditions.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/29/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    See decription
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

I was just wondering if anyone was going to get around to converting Ffabris' other mods for Special Edition. I would have tried myself but there is always the risk of something going catastrophically wrong when converting mods which alter base game NPCs so I thought again. 

I might have to test it out and see if the changes conflict in any way with the changes made by USSEP even if it does risk ruining my set-up's current highly stable state.

16 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

I was just wondering if anyone was going to get around to converting Ffabris' other mods for Special Edition. I would have tried myself but there is always the risk of something going catastrophically wrong when converting mods which alter base game NPCs so I thought again. 

I might have to test it out and see if the changes conflict in any way with the changes made by USSEP even if it does risk ruining my set-up's current highly stable state.

I have Manipulator and Sextalk working after a simple "CK-and-close" port. I haven't uploaded those ports, because I would need permission from ffabris. I will try to contact him and ask if he is going to port his mods himself or if I can upload them here.

As far as the changing of "vanilla" NPC's goes: basically all I have done to them is beef them up a bit. All other cosmetic effects are handled by whatever NPC overhauls mods you have installed.  I also converted it with USSEP installed (it is a required mod!). So it shouldn't mess with your current installation. If you use MO2, you could always try the mod on a seperate profile to see if it causes problems. If it does, I would be very interested to hear what happens!

2 hours ago, Shiva182 said:

I won't use this because it requires another Hair replacer than my own Shiva's Vanilla Hair Replacer or KS Hairdo's. I don't use either of them.

You should either make a hair pack which is standalone or you should use vanilla hair and provide a patch to replace the meshes for the Hair Replacer instead.

Oh, I had no idea there was another vanilla hair replacing mod! I do apologize for not digging deeper into hair replacers.

Since you are the creator of a hair replacer, maybe you can answer a question for me: will hair replacers in general also work on NPCs added by mods? if, for example, placed under the mod in question? If so, I can quite easily make a new version without any hair mods/ replacers neccessary, so everyone can pick their own favorites.

I am not sure exactly how hair replacers work. Do they "just" replace the mesh and textures, renamed to the vanilla hair names?

11 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

Oh, I had no idea there was another vanilla hair replacing mod! I do apologize for not digging deeper into hair replacers.

Since you are the creator of a hair replacer, maybe you can answer a question for me: will hair replacers in general also work on NPCs added by mods? if, for example, placed under the mod in question? If so, I can quite easily make a new version without any hair mods/ replacers neccessary, so everyone can pick their own favorites.

I am not sure exactly how hair replacers work. Do they "just" replace the mesh and textures, renamed to the vanilla hair names?

It has nothing to do with load order, you have to make a FaceGen patch to make a mod compatible with a Hair Replacer. Basically load the mod and the hair replacer and export FaceGen. You only need to keep the FaceGeom meshes, not the FaceTints textures, since they are the same as vanilla.

The best would be for the base mod to have vanilla hair and then just add a FaceGeom patch for the Hair Replacers.

I did make a video explaining how to make patches and also load order and installation order of the patches

2 minutes ago, Shiva182 said:

It has nothing to do with load order, you have to make a FaceGen patch to make a mod compatible with a Hair Replacer. Basically load the mod and the hair replacer and export FaceGen. You only need to keep the FaceGeom meshes, not the FaceTints textures, since they are the same as vanilla.

The best would be for the base mod to have vanilla hair and then just add a FaceGeom patch for the Hair Replacers.

Thank you! I will get to work on that :)

17 hours ago, DuskyDazed said:

Hi there, this is probably just in my game but none of the dialogue from the NPCs shows, only what my character responds with...

That is odd. Which NPCs specifically don't give dialogue? Do you have any mods installed that alter the area where the village is? Or mods that alter the NPCs AI? Please give as much information as you can, so I can better look into it :)

15 hours ago, Vachnic said:

That is odd. Which NPCs specifically don't give dialogue? Do you have any mods installed that alter the area where the village is? Or mods that alter the NPCs AI? Please give as much information as you can, so I can better look into it :)

Never mind, After turning on subtitles and still having the issue I closed the game and then next time I played it was working. My bad, thanks for ya time anyway :P

I'm having trouble talking to thee villagers. The quest tells me to talk to the innkeeper, but everyone only responds with "yeah?" or "yes" and doesn't go to a dialogue window. I had one play in which leaving the baths I attempted to pickpocket (cause I forgot I was crouching) and it initiated dialogue and played the animation, but after it went back to  being unable to talk to anyone (even when crouching)

So I went back to clear out mods to see if I could find the one that was causing the problem, as I have Luxury Suite and Talk installed which add dialogue options. Started reinstalling mods one at a time and found that Luxury Suite wasn't an issue even with dialogue options. However when I installed XP32 Max Skel extender I found that the ability to speak to men in the village. Uninstalling it restored the ability to talk to the innkeeper but broke the animations (even after running FNIS)

I reinstalled XP32 Max Skel but without support for race menu / enhanced character edit, and it seems to be working fine.

Not sure why that would cause a problem. Still reinstalling mods so if there is another that causes the same effect I'll update

7 hours ago, belfrieboi said:

So I went back to clear out mods to see if I could find the one that was causing the problem, as I have Luxury Suite and Talk installed which add dialogue options. Started reinstalling mods one at a time and found that Luxury Suite wasn't an issue even with dialogue options. However when I installed XP32 Max Skel extender I found that the ability to speak to men in the village. Uninstalling it restored the ability to talk to the innkeeper but broke the animations (even after running FNIS)

I reinstalled XP32 Max Skel but without support for race menu / enhanced character edit, and it seems to be working fine.

Not sure why that would cause a problem. Still reinstalling mods so if there is another that causes the same effect I'll update

Hey Belfrie, sorry for the long wait. I had some computer issues so I didn't have Skyrim installed for a bit. Just got it (kinda) up and running again, but haven't yet looked at Cocksmen.

It is very... odd that Racemenu support for XP32 would prevent you from speaking to the guys in Cocksmen. I have XP32 and racemenu both installed and it works fine for me. I just did a script comparison for the mods and there is nothing to indicate that there would be an incompatibility between them.

As far as I know, the only things that *could* cause incompatibility issues are mods that change the AI of NPCs (like immersive Citizens and or JK's Skyrim overhaul), but those cause sandboxing/ pathing problems, not dialog problems. Other issues could be caused by mods that change the area where the village is located. But again, that wouldn't cause dialog issues.

So yeah, I am kinda stumped on this one.

Would it be possible for you to post your loadorder, under a spoiler? That way I can perhaps see what is going on.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:22 AM, Jack Wow said:

I have returned to Hanar with the items (blood of a god) and told to go to the house. In there on the fire place is a marker but nothing to interact with, so I am stuck.

Hey Jack :) my apologies to you as well for not replying sooner. You may spank me later ;)

Anyway, when you have collected all the items, you have to "cook" the potion by using the cooking pot in the fire place. So is your problem that you can't interact/ use the cooking pot?

No worries on the wait. I understand.

This is my current load order.

Spoiler
Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp

SexLab.esm

Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
CreatureFramework.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
BBLuxurySuite.esm
XPMSE.esp

FNIS.esp

SkyUI_SE.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp

SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

M2M_Animations.esp

MoreNastyCritters.esp

SexLabMatchMaker.esp

KS Hairdo's.esp

Cocksmen Village.esp

SOS - Shop.esp

FNISspells.esp

BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp

BBLS_SKSE64_Patch.esp

SOSRaceMenu.esp

SexTalk.esp

Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp

RDO - USSEP Patch.esp

Will

Couple of notes on it. Currently working with this but like I said without the xp32 compatability patch. M2M_Animations I have to use the behavior file from sexlab or FNIS wont work (though this I wouldn't imagine would cause the issue) The only other tweaks Ive done is the last esp which just seperates the texture file for males by race (so they don't all look alike) and did the same with the SOS addons to match the textures.

Like I said though as is (minus the racemenu patch) it works. I'm still installing and testing mods one at a time (trying to start with dialog based mods first) to see if maybe there was another one that may cause the issue but so far it only prevents dialogue with the XP32 patch. (and yes that seems odd to me too)

11 hours ago, Shiva182 said:

I don't understand why you have written that my Hair replacer is required for your mod, because it's not even compatible they way your have the mod now.

I was getting ahead of myself. Been working in my few spare moments to make patches for your hair replacer. But it is taking longer then I hoped for. So I will remove it again.

57 minutes ago, Vachnic said:

I was getting ahead of myself. Been working in my few spare moments to make patches for your hair replacer. But it is taking longer then I hoped for. So I will remove it again.

It's easier if you make the main version vanilla hairs

Then make separated hair patches for the hair replacer and my hair replacer.

On 7/9/2018 at 3:37 PM, Vachnic said:

Hey Jack :) my apologies to you as well for not replying sooner. You may spank me later ;)

Anyway, when you have collected all the items, you have to "cook" the potion by using the cooking pot in the fire place. So is your problem that you can't interact/ use the cooking pot?

Get back to you on that one. PC busy in Haafinger at the mo'

UPDATE:

I uploaded a version of Cocksmen that uses only vanilla resources. So no dependency on hair- or other cosmetic mods. This way you can either stay as close to vanilla as wanted OR download and use your own favorite hair/ cosmetic mods and beautify the guys in Cocksmen (and beyond) to your own taste with the use of the CK. I *was* going to create patches for several hair replacement mods, but I kept running into too many issues with other cosmetic mods in my own loadorder to properly test for black face etc. On most pages of hair replacer mods, you will find clear and simple instructions on how to do this yourself if you so wish. For example, Shiva has been kind enough to post a video on how to do it with her hair replacer mod a few posts higher up. It works pretty much the same for other hair/ cosmetic mods.

There were no changes to game play. Purely cosmetic. However, if you have been using the original Cocksmen upload and want to switch to the Vanilla version, you may have to delete there original mod and install the Vanilla version and start the quests over. Just to avoid any potential visual oddities.

6 hours ago, belfrieboi said:

I've got it working with all the mods re-installed. Using ECE instead of racemenu and don't seem to have any issue, Perhaps it was a load order issue. I dunno. But thank you for the great mod.

Glad you got it working! Still odd that racemenu would potentially cause an issue though. Guess it is just one of those quirks, oh sorry... features, of Skyrim ;)

Enjoy the adventure!

• 3 weeks later...