doan77

[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Female advisor replacement 24/5/2019

On 9/25/2019 at 1:21 PM, jamie96969 said:

Is there any chance this could be updated to the current version of the game?

I'm still playing with 1.28.

I'll try to upload an update

It *looks* like the mod is still mainly compatible with version 1.29 (although while trying to fix the "bug" below, I did use the Paradox Launcher to make a "new" mod, then copy the Advisor mod into the new folder, just to make sure the launcher was finding it properly).

However, there's a weird bug (with the vanilla game, not the mod) involving Native Americans: since "upgrading" to 1.29, I haven't gotten any female advisors as an American Native (specifically, the Comanche). I know I'd gotten female advisors as the Comanche in 1.28, but I've gotten to 1565 so far, and not a single female advisor candidate. At first, I thought the whole mod was broken, but on a hunch, I set the North American male Army Reformer to "northamerica_army_reformer_female," and it changed the portrait of my male Army Reformer. So the mod is clearly being read by my game, North American natives just aren't getting female advisors.

EDIT: Actually, I might have just gotten unlucky: I made a quick edit to the defines.lua file to make the female advisor chance 100, and on game-start, I *did* have a full complement of spawned female advisors. So maybe I just haven't rolled that 2% base chance for female advisors yet. I haven't been using all that many advisors (because the Comanche are dirt poor), but I'll keep an eye out to confirm whether or not I eventually get one.

Decision Mod doesn't show up in launcher.

11 hours ago, &^* said:

Decision Mod doesn't show up in launcher.

yeah, i found the bug and uploaded a new version.

-a bug that prevent the mod from appearing in the list, which means that you are the first user of this mod, congratulation !!! -
should appear now :D

you should consider using the cosmopolitan mod instead of mine :

My mod is used as ressource in this one.

Could someone perhaps aid me? I have the file for this downloaded, and I placed the mod and zip file into my mod folder, however when I have it selected nothing happens.

On 5/3/2020 at 7:57 PM, ddaythescot said:

Could someone perhaps aid me? I have the file for this downloaded, and I placed the mod and zip file into my mod folder, however when I have it selected nothing happens.

i don't know how much you know about installing mods in EUIV, so ...

the mod is advisors.7z

you need to unarchive it into your mod folder.

you should have then 2 files 

Advisors.zip

advisors.mod
The game read directly from Zip archive
(why is there a zip file named advisors_script in the download section, you may ask. Well i uploaded the wrong file :D )

also you should consider checking the cosmopolitan mod, his thread and the dsicord channel where you could find more help

On current version (1.30.3) some portraits seem to be missing (instead there is nothing, so you can't even hire an advisor).

For example all byzantine ones except for theologian are missing.

Also the advisor-script seems to crash the game.

19 hours ago, tarkowsky said:

On current version (1.30.3) some portraits seem to be missing (instead there is nothing, so you can't even hire an advisor).

For example all byzantine ones except for theologian are missing.

Also the advisor-script seems to crash the game.

New version, should fix the byzantine portraits

I'm not really testing my mod since it's mostly just a resource for the cosmopolitain mod, which i recommend.

But if you find other bugs please report them.

Thanks for playing, hope you enjoy the mod.

Thanks, the byzantine portraits seem to work now.

I've found that highlander naval reformer and diplomat are still missing. I can't find any other portraits missing for now.

Again, thanks for quick fix.

3 hours ago, tarkowsky said:

Thanks, the byzantine portraits seem to work now.

I've found that highlander naval reformer and diplomat are still missing. I can't find any other portraits missing for now.

Again, thanks for quick fix.

fixed