[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Female advisor replacement 24/5/2019

3 hours ago, Hewar said:

So, I noticed there are three different files I can download, none giving any real indication which is the main/latest file (none I can see, anyway). So I was wondering which I should download.

I forgot to delete the old version, always dowload the largest file.

Female_advisor.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Did some research. Paradox removed the 'female_advisor_chance' from the nation designer, due to *undefined* bugs.

To get the 'idea' back put the file below in "Common/custom_ideas/"

For those not handy enough, DON'T OVERWRITE THE FILE DIRECTLY IN YOUR GAME DIRECTORY, but place it inside the advisors.zip, correctly.

01_new_ideas.txt

ps. The change is yet untested, and I don't know which bug it was causing, according to Paradox Interactive.

Edit: Tested it and while it does give an'The ducation of daughters' ideagroup, it doesn't seem to do anything.. So don't download my failed attempt at modding EU4 (unless you are the mod maker, and know what I did wrong)

Edit 2. IT DOES WORK... YAY...

Alternatively you guys can play with the define that decides the base chance of female advisor spawning (as I mentioned on the first page). I changed the value to 50%, but but if you want different value then that's an easy change to make yourself.

To install just extract the defines folder into the mod's common directory.

defines.7z

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm playing as Shimazu in Japan. The mil and dip advisors are no problem with, but the admin advisors only have the Inquisitor (missionary strength) and the theologian (national unrest) with pictures. All other admin advisors lack pictures and I am unable to pick them.

21 hours ago, Hewar said:

So I'm playing as Shimazu in Japan. The mil and dip advisors are no problem with, but the admin advisors only have the Inquisitor (missionary strength) and the theologian (national unrest) with pictures. All other admin advisors lack pictures and I am unable to pick them.

Yep files are missing

i uploaded a new version with the missing files.

Japan is planed for a massive rework, the 5 advisor missing are a preview of it :D

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question. Could you put the file to add a decision to get 100% female advisors with the main mod? Maybe as a separate file or even put it in the same file as the mod itself? As it is right now, I download the file from the first page, and add it into the folder of the mod itself, but the decision doesn't pop up.

19 hours ago, Hewar said:

Quick question. Could you put the file to add a decision to get 100% female advisors with the main mod? Maybe as a separate file or even put it in the same file as the mod itself? As it is right now, I download the file from the first page, and add it into the folder of the mod itself, but the decision doesn't pop up.

i added Advisor_script as a distinct mod.

It add decision for 100% female advisor.

2 hours ago, Hewar said:

Great. So now the decision is there. But no pictures. I'm also playing with Extended Timeline, but I start in year 1444

i don't see why it would conflict, my guess is the mod isn't installed correctly

check directories

Well, I wouldn't rule that option out completely, seeing as how I'm a complete dunce when it comes to technology. That said, I don't really see how I could mess this up. Isn't it just moving the folder in the zip file into the mods file of EU4? The same way I've been doing for over a year with both CK2 and Stellaris. The same way I did with EU4 before this latest update.

On 12/23/2018 at 7:00 PM, Hewar said:

Well, I wouldn't rule that option out completely, seeing as how I'm a complete dunce when it comes to technology. That said, I don't really see how I could mess this up. Isn't it just moving the folder in the zip file into the mods file of EU4? The same way I've been doing for over a year with both CK2 and Stellaris. The same way I did with EU4 before this latest update.

ok, i got it i uploaded a fixed version

In Eu4 it's suposed to be .zip archive.

01/01/2019: added missing pictures

• 3 months later...

it seems like mongolian and other nomad culture's advisors are not changed, did i downloaded wrong file?

and by the way, where can i find advisor_script mod file?

I did have changed female advisor chance to 100% by editing defines.lua file but in-game decision would be more attractive i think

5 hours ago, dhemdalos said:

it seems like mongolian and other nomad culture's advisors are not changed, did i downloaded wrong file?

Nop, the mod doesn't overall everything yet.

I don't play in this part of the world, so i forgot about them. :D .

I can upload a temporary version with them using the asian portrait.

If you find other missing part tell me, with the culture name.

and by the way, where can i find advisor_script mod file?

Good question, i must have deleted it, i will reupload it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 9:04 AM, dhemdalos said:

0.0.5 should cover any country.

It's a WIP and almost everything is subject to change.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the mod is supposed to cover all cultures in game let me now if one culture is still using base game graphics.

-iranian don't have a specific portrait, it's the same for all midle east-

I removed more stuff than i added in the last update, because this mod is now merged with the cosmopolitan mod.

And in the cosmopolitan mod you can have affair with your advisors - a feature i wanted to add -.

Each distinct advisor have distinct event pics for their "rommance".

So i have to replace some model, remove other.

If their is a culture i removed, pics from an older version you liked. i can still add them into an alternative version of the mod.

I disabled Cosmopolitan and only run with this one because I was playing in the middle east which apparently isn't supported last time I check Cosmo. But while playing Ardalan (Kurdish) I noticed the game used base pictures for Kurdish culture. Armeninan and Azerbaijani cultures have your pictures, but Kurdish and Persian have base game.