[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Female advisor replacement 24/5/2019

[Europa Universalis IV] Female advisor replacement 24/5/2019

View File

Everything is in the title, i'm suprised no one uploaded something like that before.

This mod replace the visual of the Female Advisor portrait, in the game Europa Universalis IV

It's purelly cosmetics

I'm playing with 1.29 , all DLC .

New: compatibility with 1.29

So far the whole world should have custom pictures, A lot of them are subject to be reworked.

More than 400 unique portrait so far

This mod is merged with the cosmopolitan mod, don't use both.

Preview:

Spoiler

The mod use a mix of generic portrait by culture group, and unique portrait for some subculture

african_trader_female_0000_trader_female.jpg.b8dc80c9df3e3d2831bff44b1b0f136e.jpgBase portrait of european trader advisor

african_trader_female_0008_iberian_trader_female.jpg.710396bd05e161da54bf2b68d8618637.jpg Specific to the iberian  culture

african_trader_female_0005_leonese_trader_female.jpg.cdfc973c1facafc667448d0f75a7dccc.jpg Unique to the Leonese culture

1831713583_african_trader_female_0010_Layer0.jpg.a30159397eeafa964f5898f7de30269c.jpgAFRICA

african_trader_female_0009_asian_trader_female.jpg.bd8d33015c441cdd0150e639c279470d.jpgASIA

african_trader_female_0006_japanese_trader_female.jpg.df738d8db6301f2fcd6fbe919cb7fa21.jpg JAPAN

african_trader_female_0004_malay_trader_female.jpg.06b8709fcfed40ad17d8dce78944c44a.jpgSOUTH ASIA

african_trader_female_0001_southamericagfx_colonial_governor_female.jpg.d0b446f025a454aeaf8c8c6b7f2d0972.jpgSOUTH AMERICA

african_trader_female_0002_northamerica_trader_female.jpg.6218c8aad1a172ec36d48306b3e58de5.jpgNORTH AMERICA

african_trader_female_0003_muslim_trader_female.jpg.54588a1d44e4894f0be1e0b59d1d75d5.jpgMUSLIM

african_trader_female_0007_indian_trader_female.jpg.a8ee6b5155ae7e80e19e71db1a624f49.jpgINDIA

Advisors.X.X.X is the main mod

Advisors_script is a standalone mod that add a new decision, that give 100 % women advisors

On 7/7/2018 at 6:34 AM, justaidea said:

Nice one, but i need pictures !!!

Update :

Native American

Oceanian - from polynesia to thailand, might remake thailand with actual asian later-

Irish -RedHaired-

Iberians -BlackHaired-

Scandinavian -BlondeHaired-

Alps people -yes my english is broke, Dirndl-land-

Default european

don't hesitate to post feedback, suggestions, ideas, pictures sources

123948025_download(2).jpg.377ca367b1cf3545f8982f906e213b53.jpgbm_rissi_com_h017.jpg.0343b3ca59a4c0e1f4ac3239ea0e2ca1.jpg

Can I make a suggestion? Currently there's only 2% chance that an advisor will be female, but this can be easily changed through defines (NDefines.NCountry.FEMALE_ADVISOR_CHANCE = 100). So, maybe you could include this change, so we can enjoy the pictures more often? The downside is that the mod would stop being achievement compatible if it still is.

2 hours ago, Vaderfan said:

Can I make a suggestion? Currently there's only 2% chance that an advisor will be female, but this can be easily changed through defines (NDefines.NCountry.FEMALE_ADVISOR_CHANCE = 100). So, maybe you could include this change, so we can enjoy the pictures more often? The downside is that the mod would stop being achievement compatible if it still is.

Currently the mod is made for custom nation, with tradition of female advisor, and purely cosmetic.

But i have some vague idea for events and gameplay mechanics in mind.

Short:

You will be able to use  a decision to increase the % of women advisor, -Not for free-

Then you will have event with female advisor in wich it will be "good to be the king", but  will cause corruption/unrest. Good reward/High price.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, BoltTank said:

notived you added new resource icons, do you plan on using them eventually. Also the icon strips need to be fixed, the icon are bleeding into each other right now.

yeah, it was some testing, i forgot to delete them when i uploaded. i will reupload without them.

I have plans but i don't know how to do it. - too much idea not enought skill-

Don't get hyped.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dborg2 said:

It seems your mod gets an exclamation mark with the new update. How can I make it work with the new update?

3 solutions :

1/ you can use the mod even if there is an exclamation mark - it only replace cosmetic features, it won't bug-

2/ edit the advisors .mod file with a text editor, change the supported version to 1.26 

3/wait until i update the download

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 10:43 AM, dborg2 said:

YAY you updated!!! and BOO myself for not noticing it.

Also I changed the advisors.mod supported_version to supported_version="1.27.*.*" 

Now I have to wait until 'Beyond Typus' updates to 1.27, and then I can play again.

Thanks for the feedback

I uploaded for 1.27 with russian Advisor

Beyond Typus look like a good mod i will try it

7 hours ago, shadow1234 said:

Is it just me, or the 'Female Advisor Chance' idea disappeared from the Nation Designer after the 1.27 update?

I don't see it neither. 

advisors.zip

merge what's inside with the main mod.

it add a decision that boost female advisor to 100 % -not iron man compatible-

20 hours ago, shadow1234 said:

Thanks, I've checked the 1.27 changelog and it does not mention anything about removal of this idea, so that's weird.

It's not the only thing they accidentaly removed, check the raze option with horde they romved the negative scaling it's completly broken.

So setting non-custom nations to use female advisors is still possible in 1.27 with the following changes:

1) unblock the (possibly still buggy) code block in 01_new_ideas.txt. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis IV\common\custom_ideas. under new_idea_adm_modifiers, remove the # symbol in front of custom_idea_female_advisors all the way down to the last line there.

2) then, to set countries to use female advisors. go to 00_country_ideas (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Europa Universalis IV\common\ideas), find your nation (say, ENG for england), and under start = {, add "female_advisor_chance = 1", without quotations.

Now, the new game screen will not display this idea as it did in versions prior to 1.27, but if you go in-game it does indeed still work, and doan77's mod does still apply. Will need some more testing, but seems okay so far (the bug the custom ideas txt refers to is probably related to the 'fix' for female rulers with female consorts in events where consorts have relations with advisors)