Sign in to follow this  
Master Roshi

Questions about Skyrim adult mods compatibility with Skyrim VR

1. Those switching from VorpX to Skyrim VR, how much of an fps boost are you getting?

2. Is SexLab compatible with Skyrim VR?

3. Is Bodyslide compatible with Skyrim VR?

4. Are HDT boob physics compatible with Skyrim VR?

5. Is SLAL compatible with Skyrim VR?

6. Is Sexlab Tools compatible with Skyrim VR?

7. Do you have to run FNIS with Skyrim VR?

1 ?

2 partially

3 yes. Use SSE version

4 not really. HDT has not been fully ported to SSE

5 yes

6 don't think so

7 yes

1. Runs way better. I added HD textures mods and ENB and it still runs better. On VorpX I limited myself to only SMIM.

But the performance is not the biggest difference. SkyrimVR feels different because for better and for worse it is first person only.  

If you think you have played SKyrim in VR (playing with VorpX) - you haven't. It is a different experience. However this is if you play standing or room-scale. 

If you play seated and/or you want the full SL experience then VorpX + Oldrim is the better option in my opinion.

2. It's complicated. SL Full - no. SL Light or Flower Girls - yes. You can use both of them at the same time. There are types of mods that are currently missing, for example a random sex mod, a combat sex mod and so on. 

4. HDT - no. CBP - yes.

5. No. But SL Light comes bundled with all animations from the different Oldrim SLAL packs. So you get to use all of them. There is no way to enable/disable specific packs (that I know about) so you will be using all of them. Also if there are packs that are not already bundled - you can't add them. 

I think for most people this is the better option - having all animations installed and ready to go. 

6. No. UIExtensions doesn't work with SkyrimVR. 

3 hours ago, prinyo said:

What's really nice is that you can inject ENB with Skyrim VR, but you can't inject ENB with VorpX.

But no jiggly boobs, no ability to add the latest SLAL animation packs, especially ones you've privately commissioned from talented animators, no ability to jump to your favorite animations in the middle of sex, all of this makes me want to not even want to try Skyrim VR.

How do you have sex in Skyrim VR then if it's first-person only? Do you have to customize your own NPCs?

You can inject ENB with VorpX. And you should use ENB Boost if you play Oldrim. However depending on the PC specs using an ENB preset will make the game almost unplayable. 

There are jiggly boobs on the NPCs. But yes - there is no visisble player character so you can't customize her/him. Except in sex scenes started with Flower Girls. The VR version of FG spawns a clone of the player character for the scenes. This clone will be affected by any mod that changes NPCs, but I do not believe mods that specifically target the player character will have an effect. 

VR offers a lot of new options for mods, but they also come with new challenges. My hope is that with time more of the people that are knowledgeable enough to deal with them will start been interested in modding SkyrimVR. 

However I'm currently 82 hours in SkyrimVR and I'm enjoying actually .. umm... playing the game... I'm discovering places and doing things I never cared to do in the pancake game for the 1k hours I have there. Because now it is all about me. At first I was very annoyed by the lack of 3rd person view and PC, but now I actually appreciate it. I don't want to use mods that spawn clones of my PC because I don't know who that dude is but he is certainly not me ?  Also been free of the animations of the PC while in combat changes the experience a lot.

I think that the official VR port is not a "proper" Skyrim RPG experience, but it is still extremely immersive (with the right texture and lighting mods and the INI changes).

On 6/20/2018 at 8:41 AM, prinyo said:

You can inject ENB with VorpX. And you should use ENB Boost if you play Oldrim. However depending on the PC specs using an ENB preset will make the game almost unplayable.

How is it possible? A few months ago, I tried and googled for 3 straight days to get ENB working with VorpX. It was not possible. I could inject them together, but I could not run the ENB graphical effects and VorpX's DirectVR stereoscopic vision together. If I wanted to run the ENB graphical effects, I had to turn off VorpX's DirectVR stereoscopic vision. If I wanted to run VorpX's DirectVR stereoscopic vision, I had to turn off the ENB graphical effects.

How do you turn on both simultaneously?

9 hours ago, Master Roshi said:

A few months ago, I tried and googled for 3 straight days to get ENB working with VorpX. It was not possible. I could inject them together, but I could not run the ENB graphical effects and VorpX's DirectVR stereoscopic vision together.

I have personally tried an ENB preset with Oldrim and VorpX to see what will happen and it worked (including the 3D) but my framerate dropped to about 10fps. I have seen the complaints about no 3D but I never understood is it because of using SSE or is it depending on the preset itself. Because of the effect on the performance I don't think people actually tried to debug this extensively.  

Regardless of any problems with the graphical presets, my point was that ENB Boost works with no problems with Oldrim + VorpX and is essential for preventing crashes.