LUX Showoff Boots (Black 3)
LUX Showoff Boots (Pink)
LUX Showoff Boots (Red)
LUX Showoff Boots (White 1)
LUX Showoff Boots (White 2)

how do we fix this?

On 1/15/2019 at 5:51 AM, jimmywon34 said:

how do we fix this?

Well, I was hoping that Fatal would fix it, but I don't think it's gonna happen now. I also don't know how to fix it, I'm not a modder myself. Maybe the meshes are pointing to the wrong textures.

2 hours ago, Camila said:

Well, I was hoping that Fatal would fix it, but I don't think it's gonna happen now. I also don't know how to fix it, I'm not a modder myself. Maybe the meshes are pointing to the wrong textures.

yea... I tried to look at the meshes in nifskope and compare their texture pathing to the Oldrim meshes I've used before and they seem to match up and my oldrim game doesn't have these issues with textures so it might be something wrong in the CK I suppose. 

4 hours ago, jimmywon34 said:

yea... I tried to look at the meshes in nifskope and compare their texture pathing to the Oldrim meshes I've used before and they seem to match up and my oldrim game doesn't have these issues with textures so it might be something wrong in the CK I suppose. 

Shame.. I'm not really playing Skyrim atm, but this collection have some awesome shoes. Too bad a few of them are buggy >:

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was just wondering what the item codes would be for these?

I have tried installing it with nmm as well as manually, and tried to obtain it with console commands and additem menu. Despite this I have been unable to acquire any of them so far, even though I can edit them just fine in bodyslide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Lorien97 said:

Hi, I was just wondering what the item codes would be for these?

I have tried installing it with nmm as well as manually, and tried to obtain it with console commands and additem menu. Despite this I have been unable to acquire any of them so far, even though I can edit them just fine in bodyslide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

Did you install the heel sounds esp too? 

17 minutes ago, SpyVsPie said:

Did you install the heel sounds esp too? 

Yes, I installed the version that was linked earlier on in this thread. I am also having the same problem with BDO's Lahn Sanguine Petal outfit, so I'm hoping if I can get one to work then the other will as well. 

10 minutes ago, Lorien97 said:

Yes, I installed the version that was linked earlier on in this thread. I am also having the same problem with BDO's Lahn Sanguine Petal outfit, so I'm hoping if I can get one to work then the other will as well. 

How many total ESPs do you have installed?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm not really into the Heel Sounds, so I've removed it's master file dependency.  I read there is texture problems, if I encounter & fix them I will post that as well.

Luxury Collection-NoHeelSoundMaster.rar

(I don't use the vendor.esp for this mod, post if you need it adjusted as well)

edit: lol, ok.  I almost instantly encountered the texture problems.  I'm guessing it's an issue with the Texture Sets in CK.   I'll inspect it closer when I have more time.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:03 PM, biikaru said:

I'm not really into the Heel Sounds, so I've removed it's master file dependency.  I read there is texture problems, if I encounter & fix them I will post that as well.

Luxury Collection-NoHeelSoundMaster.rar 23.99 kB · 2 downloads

(I don't use the vendor.esp for this mod, post if you need it adjusted as well)

edit: lol, ok.  I almost instantly encountered the texture problems.  I'm guessing it's an issue with the Texture Sets in CK.   I'll inspect it closer when I have more time.

Thank you for putting additional work into this.

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone still working on this or have figured out what the issue is with those textures?

I've taken a look at every one of those items and they all show up properly in the CK with the proper textures.  SSEedit pretty much reflects the same thing(I was hoping it would tell me something different).

I've also compared the ESP of this one to the UUNP version and the original CBBE version and all the textures and IDs/Names look the same.  The ESPs all have the same information (except for being Form 43 while this one is From 44).

At this point I'm just really intrigued as to how every single thing looks right but there's somehow a disconnect that causes the in game version on equipped characters to not display the proper textures.

9 hours ago, Zyphyr316 said:

At this point I'm just really intrigued as to how every single thing looks right but there's somehow a disconnect that causes the in game version on equipped characters to not display the proper textures.

My experience is that when that is the case, the problems are in the NIF files.

1 hour ago, migal130 said:

My experience is that when that is the case, the problems are in the NIF files.

Would you be able to provide an example of what issue you ran into and how exactly you fixed it?

I've never worked with .nif files before other than a slight modification to an .esp here and there for followers to get rid of seams on them(that was really just redirecting them from the _0.nif to the _1.nif).  Is there a filepath within the .nif file I should look for?  Would this be something I need bodyslide/outfit studio in order to get into?  Please say no to the last one, I'm terrible with outfit studio.

If I do need outfit studio, do you know of any good guides that would be able to help me navigate outfit studio in order to solve this?

Edit:  I've been looking at one of the files "Flamingo Shoes.nif" using nifskope and comparing it to other .nif files, ones that use multiple textures for one piece of armor to create several variations, and now I believe I have a new question.  The textures listed in the section "14 BSShaderTextureSet", are those the ones that the items in game use in order to render the textures on the items?  I have found 2 sections in the nif files that when clicked on highlight the 2 sections of the "Flamingo Shoes" where it looks like the textures would be applied to (the 14 is the sole section while there is another section 21 that looks to be the top of the shoes).  When looking into these sections it appears only 1 or 2 of the texture files are listed in the textures block.  The "Num Textures" value is set to 9 but it only looks like a couple lines for both sections are actually pointing to textures files.  In order to fix this, would I need to add all the missing texture files to those blank lines (changing the Num Textures value to a number higher than 9 if there are more than 9 textures associated with that portion)?

5 hours ago, Zyphyr316 said:

Would you be able to provide an example of what issue you ran into and how exactly you fixed it?

Yes, there are texture paths in the NIF files.  Getting one wrong doesn't usually crash the game but it can certainly cause the item to look wrong.  And with SSE conversions from Oldrim (where all these NIFs originated), there could be other problems and the files should be run through NIF Optimizer.

16 hours ago, migal130 said:

Yes, there are texture paths in the NIF files.  Getting one wrong doesn't usually crash the game but it can certainly cause the item to look wrong.  And with SSE conversions from Oldrim (where all these NIFs originated), there could be other problems and the files should be run through NIF Optimizer.

Using Nif Optimizer showed the nifs had already been through the process.  Running them through again did nothing.  Running the originals made by Apokrytia produced the same exact files with no big changes.

I also tried doing what I said in my edit above and there was no change in game.  In NIFskope however, by changing the texture filepaths to what they are on my PC changed the texture in NIFskope to what they should look like in game.

Something tells me this is way above my skill level to solve.  I have looked through the ESP with CK and SSEedit and to me, everything looks good and the filepaths look proper.   I have very little experience dealing with NIFs to the point that all I can do right now is compare them against the NIFs of other clothing mods.  I compared them against some of SunJeong's and Daymarr's clothing mods and everything I could see looked just like their mods.

Are there any other places within the NIF files that have filepaths besides the BSSShaderTextureSet areas?  Are there separate sections for the icon version of the item and the in game equipped version of the item?  Why is it that the CK and NIFSkope would display the proper textures for each version of the item, the in-game menu icons all display the proper textures, but only 1 version of the item appears properly when equipped in game while the others just have black textures for them?

I really want to figure this out...it's interesting that there's a disconnect like this and it's so well hidden...

Menu items use a completely different NIF file.  You aren't looking at the object you'll see in the game.

There are many mods from Oldrim that utilize a sort of texture replacement to provide multiple textures for the same models in game.  This is something created in the CK -- the NIF files can only point to one texture set.  My experience is that converting an Oldrim mod done this way often does not work.  The different texture variations aren't available.  I suppose it could be solved by creating new arma and armor records in the CK and pointing them to copied NIFs with different names, pointing at the appropriate textures.  Depending on the number of options, it could take some time.

Hey, zyphyr sent me a pm and I had forgotten about this. I'll fix the issues I know of and if anyone knows of others just let me know.

Edit - Bug fix patch in the first post now. I'll upload a new file to google drive so there are two download options. Also if you use the new heels sound patch it will revert these changes so it needs to be updated.

2 hours ago, Fatal said:

Hey, zyphyr sent me a pm and I had forgotten about this. I'll fix the issues I know of and if anyone knows of others just let me know.

Edit - Bug fix patch in the first post now. I'll upload a new file to google drive so there are two download options. Also if you use the new heels sound patch it will revert these changes so it needs to be updated.

The update works, all boots/shoes/heels that have issues are fixed.  Thank you very much for the update.  

Now that that is out of the way I have to know, what was the issue that was causing the missing textures?  I was having fun trying to figure this out but based on what Migal130 was saying, I had a strong feeling it was due to filepath issues but the file I was looking at was the wrong one.  I think I was looking at the file for the in game menu preview and not the actual in game equipment.

7 hours ago, migal130 said:

Menu items use a completely different NIF file.  You aren't looking at the object you'll see in the game.

There are many mods from Oldrim that utilize a sort of texture replacement to provide multiple textures for the same models in game.  This is something created in the CK -- the NIF files can only point to one texture set.  My experience is that converting an Oldrim mod done this way often does not work.  The different texture variations aren't available.  I suppose it could be solved by creating new arma and armor records in the CK and pointing them to copied NIFs with different names, pointing at the appropriate textures.  Depending on the number of options, it could take some time.

First off, thank you for all your help, information, and advice.  I believe you were right and the file I was working with was actually the menu icon version and not the actual in game equipped version.  Regardless, the issue has been fixed by Fatal and thanks to you and this file I believe I have gained a fair amount of experience and for that I thank you.  Like I said above, this was fun trying to figure out.

Most of the items use texture sets, so you can have 1 mesh but have the texture replaced in game. I made a mistake in how texture sets are supposed to be set up. You are supposed to start counting the different meshes in a nif starting with 0 but I started with 1. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 6/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, Fatal said:

Most of the items use texture sets, so you can have 1 mesh but have the texture replaced in game. I made a mistake in how texture sets are supposed to be set up. You are supposed to start counting the different meshes in a nif starting with 0 but I started with 1. 

I have only ever seen one guide for texture sets and that was on a wiki site, and was basically unusable due to most of the pictures showing things either being cut off or simply being too small to read anything, when they work they are great but trying to find out what the hell is wrong when they do not is a pain in the butt to say the least.  Thanks for sorting this out as it was one of my favorite mods in le.  I love mix and match armor packs, even though they sometimes look odd if you mix the wrong things together.