Lovers Plugins Status Thread

At the request of Varenne and several other forum members I am creating this thread to help organize the efforts of those who want to help Lovers Lab stay current with all plugins and for those who are looking to create new plugins (or modify existing ones) to know at a glance who may be working on what to avoid duplication of efforts. If you have a project in the works, be it a new plugin, translating one, or just a modification of something existing, please post it here so I can keep the OP current.

To start with here are the plugins that either need to be translated or that have already been translated but need tested. If you would like to volunteer to test please post here and I will get you hooked up with the plugin.
[spoiler=PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE VOLUNTEERING FOR TESTING]
Please make sure that you understand how to install mods, are comfortable using the CS, and actually have the time to test things before volunteering. In the testing process we are looking for testing it with different versions of lovers with pk (versions 91 through 96) and with different setups containing only the minimum of plugins for it to function and also with large numbers of other lovers plugins to see if there are conflicts.

As folks volunteer to do things I will add their names next to it. If you volunteer for something and then find that you can't complete it for any reason just holler so I can take your name off the list and allow someone else to take your place.

Lovers plugins needing to be translated from Japanese sources:
Lovers White Cat Courier v01.03j - Slammer64 working on this as he has time.

Lovers Cosplay v1.0needs a translator
Lovers Cosplay Fix Topicneeds a translator
Lovers VoiceSSP plusMode2 - needs a translator
Lovers Soul Trap v1.0f -  needs a translator

Lovers Sex Kari Burne 1.01 -  needs a translator

Lovers Immoral Sisters v01.03a - Gregathit will handle
LoversJealousy v1.04c - Gregathit will handle

Lovers Skirt Flipper v1.01e - Gregathit will handle

Lovers Stupid v1.06h - Gregathit will handle

Lovers Love Juice v2.05 - Gregathit will handle

Lovers Club Cats v1.01d - Gregathit will handle

Lovers DRader v1.2a - Gregathit will handle

Lovers Plugins needing to be tested:

In process of final packaging for beta release:
LoversCreatureSexualOrgans v.7 - no translating was needed. This does need to be looked at and maybe abandoned or combined with the Sexual Organs 7 + M plugin.

Beta's released:
LoversStupidNPC v1.06g - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
Lovers with PK rev96 patch - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversSlave Trader 1.0 - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
Bravil Underground v96 "Final" - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversSkirtFlipper v1.01c - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversStopKillRaper v1.10 - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversStopSweetDeath v1.02 - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversPaybandit 1.4 - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversClubCatsSx v01.00b - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing
LoversClubCats v01.01b - Uploaded to downloads section for beta testing - Note: The quest line for this still needs some work but my creative juices are about tapped out. In order to access the quest line you have to bet quite a bit on the matches at the Skingrad Fight Club and probably raise the disposition of the female Khajiit bartender to 90 or above. Then you should get a dialogue option from her. The quest line involves doing a slight bit of "bad" to accomplish a worthy end. The Japanese is mostly slang so it didn't translate for crap. The machine translations and attempts of the others who tried tweaking things made very little sense so I pulled the plug on them and made some shit up that seemed to fit what little of the Japanese I could translate that did make sense. It probably needs a bunch of tweaking but I need some opinions of other folks to hammer it out and I have spent too much time on it by myself as it is. Moving on to lovers pay bandit for now.... :P

LoversHVirus v1.01a - Varenne has released a WIP version here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13387&pid=275989#pid275989

New Lovers Plugins Under Development:
(Please include a brief description of what the plugin does and a few of its features)

Lovers Plugins Being Modified:
(Please include what the modifications are - brief summary).
LoversVoiceSSPplus v119b- Gregathit - I am in process of tweaking this to remove the remaining gibberish items from the dialogue and script messages. Beta version is now in the beta thread. The is still a WIP but should have removed most of the machine gibberish.

Lovers Joburg 1.17- Gregathit - beta version posted to beta release thread. Cleaned up some of the menus especially the stalkers one to make more sense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beta versions will be found in this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12898

Please leave bug reports and comments there for them. When beta testing is complete I will move the plugins to the correct threads and package them with all the readme.txt's and other info. These are purely for those who want to help test things and not for general use as they could contain things that may break your saved game. They shouldn't, but stranger things have happened. :P

If you find out about any new lovers plugins be they Japanese, Russian, Chinese or English please post the link to it and let us know.

I speak Japanese and English fluently, so let me know if there's a big translation job that needs to be done. That said, being in the Japanese frame of mind for so long has hindered my ability to discern whether or not a sentence would be considered awkward in English, so I can do literal translations with some context cleaning, but it's not perfect. It would be great if an experienced modder could go in after me and clean up a few things that just don't sound right in English, but I'd at least get most of the work out of the way.

I speak Japanese and English fluently' date=' so let me know if there's a big translation job that needs to be done. That said, being in the Japanese frame of mind for so long has hindered my ability to discern whether or not a sentence would be considered awkward in English, so I can do literal translations with some context cleaning, but it's not perfect. It would be great if an experienced modder could go in after me and clean up a few things that just don't sound right in English, but I'd at least get most of the work out of the way.

[/quote']

Give me a few days and as I am rolling through checking versions that are on the forums against the list and seeing how extensive the changes are. I am trying to get all of the quick conversions out of the way and then will get into the bigger projects that you can help me with as you have time. I will PM you with details.

Thanks,

Greg

There's a very new merged LoversCreatures related MOD out in Japanese. I'll edit this post tomorrow or the day after with additional details, I have to locate it, always downloading stuff. I think it will only work with PK Rev 96 (may even be a requirement) as I had issues getting it working on my Rev 94 instance.

Speaking of versions, revisions and what not. We should, and you may already be addressing this Gregathit, if there are specific matchings of plug-ins to other versions/revisions that too is IMO critical to identify. Some had issues matching up plug-ins to the right Lovers PK versions, and not everyone here wants to move to Rev 96.

Translation Work

Something that would be extremely useful would be to get translation volunteers up to speed on installing and using Egg Translator (It is not hard to use!). There is no, at least to my knowledge, Japanese dictionary/database for it. I'll put a post together on that, after I review what we already have first.

There's a very new merged LoversCreatures related MOD out in Japanese. I'll edit this post tomorrow or the day after with additional details' date=' I have to locate it, always downloading stuff. I think it will only work with PK Rev 96 (may even be a requirement) as I had issues getting it working on my Rev 94 instance.

[/quote']

Yea, let us know when you find it so I can add it to the queue.

Speaking of versions' date=' revisions and what not. We should, and you may already be addressing this Gregathit, if there are specific matchings of plug-ins to other versions/revisions that too is IMO critical to identify. Some had issues matching up plug-ins to the right Lovers PK versions, and not everyone here wants to move to Rev 96.

[/quote']

That is definitely a large part of what I intend to do. It is my goal to upgrade the base package to rev96, but before doing this I need to determine what will be made obsolete by doing so (if anything is). Once we know that we can either fix those plugins or alert folks who may want to continue using them to remain with a particular version of lovers with PK. I don't ever want to "force" folks to do without a plugin that they may enjoy. Conversely, I don't want to force folks to "have" to use plugins they don't wish to either. I am a strong believer in giving folks a choice, so they can tailor the game and what plugins they select to their particular style.

Once the plugins are translated we can begin the testing to determine if any additional steps need to be taken. I have begun translating things in earnest, so by the end of next week (or before if all goes well), I will have a better handle on what needs to happen to have the most efficient work flow.

I would love to help out and I have lots of free time. My problem is that I have no experience what so ever modifying anything that doesn't require a screwdriver, welding torch or can be beat into submission.

I could help with machine translations I suppose but would require step by step instructions and what tools to use. PM if you think I can help in anyway. If someone is willing to teach, I'm willing to learn.

There's a very new merged LoversCreatures related MOD out in Japanese. I'll edit this post tomorrow or the day after with additional details' date=' I have to locate it, always downloading stuff. I think it will only work with PK Rev 96 (may even be a requirement) as I had issues getting it working on my Rev 94 instance.

Speaking of versions, revisions and what not. We should, and you may already be addressing this Gregathit, if there are specific matchings of plug-ins to other versions/revisions that too is IMO critical to identify. Some had issues matching up plug-ins to the right Lovers PK versions, and not everyone here wants to move to Rev 96.

Translation Work

Something that would be extremely useful would be to get translation volunteers up to speed on installing and using Egg Translator (It is not hard to use!). There is no, at least to my knowledge, Japanese dictionary/database for it. I'll put a post together on that, after I review what we already have first.

[/quote']

I'm looking at the portal for EGG now and it does appear to have a japanese database here http://www.egg-of-time.us/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1825although I'm not very good with german so I can't tell if it is english to japanese, vice versa or both. Ironic that I would need a translator to read a page about a translator.

If this is what I think it is, and is as easy as you say, then I may be of use yet lol.

Translation Work

[/quote']

I'm looking at the portal for EGG now and it does appear to have a japanese database here http://www.egg-of-time.us/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1825although I'm not very good with german so I can't tell if it is english to japanese, vice versa or both. Ironic that I would need a translator to read a page about a translator.

If this is what I think it is, and is as easy as you say, then I may be of use yet lol.

There is a Japanese data base for egg. However, I have found it to be little more than a one legged man at an ass kicking contest. :s

For me it caused more harm than benefit.

Whatever you do - don't ever try to auto-translate anything. It will break the scripts all to hell. The best way I have found is to just copy\past back and forth from google translator. Then look in the CS and play the game a bit to get the context and make further revisions until it makes sense. Translating is rather dull and boring so make sure you have the time and patience for it.

Yeah, I figured easy would be too good to be true. Anyway when I say I have free time, I pretty much mean every waking moment. Keep in mind though that I didn't grow up with computers, cell phones or video games (although we did own a pong game). I'll get the CS and start poking around in it, but it would be nice to have some specific direction.

Yeah' date=' I figured easy would be too good to be true. Anyway when I say I have free time, I pretty much mean every waking moment. Keep in mind though that I didn't grow up with computers, cell phones or video games (although we did own a pong game). I'll get the CS and start poking around in it, but it would be nice to have some specific direction.

[/quote']

Give both me and Varenne a bit on getting tutorials up. I am on a roll right now working on the translating and hate to stop and switch gears. I just finished cleaning up pay bandit and am working through slave trader. I want to finish slave trader 1.0, then lovers stupid 1.06g and finally make a quick run through lovers with pk rev96. I am planning on doing my base testing with rev96, to once and for all determine what it is and isn't compatible with (if anything) so we can put to bed the uncertainty. As I start testing (hopefully by Thursday or Friday) I can then devote some time to getting tutorials posted to walk folks through how to translate (and do other things). I need to look through my archives as IceCold29 sent me some excellent tut's that may just fit the bill.

Yeah' date=' I figured easy would be too good to be true. Anyway when I say I have free time, I pretty much mean every waking moment. Keep in mind though that I didn't grow up with computers, cell phones or video games (although we did own a pong game). I'll get the CS and start poking around in it, but it would be nice to have some specific direction.

[/quote']

Give both me and Varenne a bit on getting tutorials up. I am on a roll right now working on the translating and hate to stop and switch gears. I just finished cleaning up pay bandit and am working through slave trader. I want to finish slave trader 1.0, then lovers stupid 1.06g and finally make a quick run through lovers with pk rev96. I am planning on doing my base testing with rev96, to once and for all determine what it is and isn't compatible with (if anything) so we can put to bed the uncertainty. As I start testing (hopefully by Thursday or Friday) I can then devote some time to getting tutorials posted to walk folks through how to translate (and do other things). I need to look through my archives as IceCold29 sent me some excellent tut's that may just fit the bill.

@Gregathit - Yeah, stay focused on your current work, I'll try and get something set up for others to help contribute.

Towards that end I established a new thread, [Oblivion] MOD Translation Information & Tools

I will focus on Egg Translator first but others may always suggest other tools & methods. The goal or goals are to help others not experienced in translating MODs from other languages to English, or visa versa.

I've only recently begun documenting this process, so it may take some time to get a 'real' set of tutorials up and working for all involved.

Yeah, I figured easy would be too good to be true. Anyway when I say I have free time, I pretty much mean every waking moment. Keep in mind though that I didn't grow up with computers, cell phones or video games (although we did own a pong game). I'll get the CS and start poking around in it, but it would be nice to have some specific direction.

@yosecretsquirrel - You're exactly the kind or type of user I need to work with. If I can get you set up and working it should help others accomplish the same. I'll be working with Gregathit and others to provide the needed direction too.

There's now a basic tutorial for Egg Translator available here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12410&pid=254646#pid254646

You can review from the section, or at the very bottom is a download link.

Please post comments/feedback on it in that specific thread and in that specific section, otherwise I may never see it.

(You can also PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting publicly to the thread.)

There's now a basic tutorial for Egg Translator available here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12410&pid=254646#pid254646

You can review from the section' date=' or at the very bottom is a download link.

Please post comments/feedback on it in that specific thread and in that specific section, otherwise I may never see it.

[b'](You can also PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting publicly to the thread.)[/b]

Thank you Varenne! :D

Well, recompiling happened without a hitch and testing on LoversSlave Trader 1.0, LoversSkirtFlipper v1.01c and LoversPaybandit 1.4 is under way.

So far skirt flipper works without any problems - I was hoping this would be the case since it is such a small and fairly straight forward plugin.

Pay bandit seems to also work fine. Since I am a slaver and was spotted taking a slave I was nabbed by a guard on my way to the underground city in Bravil and since I had just started a new game I couldn't cover my bounty and was forced to "pay with my body". This will take more play testing but it looks like this one is probably going to be in the clear soon and will be uploaded.

Slave trader 1.0 - There were a several things wrong in the initial translation since we rushed it so much. Now that I was able to go back through and work off of the original Japanese version with .91beta as a resource it seems to be actually working. I was able to do several of the opening quests in bravil underground so that is a great sign. I need to test this more before unleashing it to you but things are looking promising right now.

One issue I have right now is that I am getting some 'REALLY' strange output after a training session. A message flashes up stating that one party is paying the other party for sex and it has a really weird message. Clearly one of the scripts has a garbled message formula but I can't figure out what plugin it is from. I am pretty certain it is not: slave trader, pay bandit or skirt flipper. I am wondering if it is something in lovers with pk's esm or esp file. Anyone who knows where the payment scheme for sex comes from please holler.

On the recompiling front - now that I have successfully figured out how to do it (the CS extender is a must for this) I am going to quickly revisit bravil underground to fix the messages that came out as gibberish. There won't be any new content so it is not like you need to go grab it once it is up (be the weekend sometime at the earliest) but it is nice to see the proper message instead of gibberish when you get your blessing from molag bal.

I am off to bed.

Cheers,

Greg

On the recompiling front - now that I have successfully figured out how to do it (the CS extender is a must for this) I am going to quickly revisit bravil underground to fix the messages that came out as gibberish. There won't be any new content so it is not like you need to go grab it once it is up (be the weekend sometime at the earliest) but it is nice to see the proper message instead of gibberish when you get your blessing from molag bal.

Cheers' date='

Greg

[/quote']

Curious, what is the need to have to recompile? I'm assuming you also are referring to recompiling scripts.

And while I'm at it can you provide some input on how you approach translating script comments, messages, etc.?

Also, what is your process for book translating? Egg? CS strips off the HTML tags via export/import, so IMO less than productive.

These questions are available for others to chime in as well. I'm trying to determine what, if anything I need to add to the Translation Thread in regards to these topics/sub topics.

Path, folder and file names should be about it, although I have not seen too many of these; rare or even very rare. I don't even think Oblivion can work with paths in languages other than English. Russian & German maybe? I don't know what other languages Oblivion was created for.

All of those mods had messages\comments that popped up on the upper left of your screen (or popped up in a dialogue\action box) and when you change them from the gibberish (egg makes gibberish of them when you alter the other things) then you have to recompile the scripts or all of them will be broken (that had the messages\comments anyway).

CS extender has a recompile all feature that will only recompile the active scripts for that particular esp\esm. If you try doing that via just the normal OBSE+CS then it will recompile and add all scripts from that mod plus oblivion.esm and any other masters that the plugin has. Which you then have to go and manually delete or you risk causing all sorts of problems. With the CS extender all that is history. The sad thing is CS extender has been around forever, I just never really had the need to mess with scripts so I never bothered checking it out.

For translating books I just open the thing in egg and copy the entire contents of that book and paste it into google's translator. Most of the time books really suck to translate and unless it is critical for the mod I just wipe the contents and make some snarky remark about the text being "in code" or "unreadable". Most of the Japanese versions of books are written in a narrative that makes it brain wrackingly nuts to try to translate. If you are lucky you end up gleaning the central plot and then have to creatively fill in all the blanks. In essence you rewrite the story since you can't really tell for sure what they are saying. It can take hours just to make one book - which can discourage you from even finishing the mod. If you are determined to translate the book(s) - save it until the very last thing. You will often have a better understanding of what the book is trying to say by finishing the rest of the mod.

Isn't payment for sex part of AdultPlayPlusforSSP? I'm not 100% sure...

Also LoversHooker if it's installed.

I don't have lovers hooker installed at the moment so that is not it. I have made no changes to adult play plus so that is not it either.

I "think" the problem is actually inside lovers slave trader itself and may have happened when I recompiled things. I am going through the scripts now line by line to see if a message just got screwed up somehow. Funny thing is, despite the gibberish\garbled message, it still gives out gold - so at least the formula is correct - just the message is off.

Isn't payment for sex part of AdultPlayPlusforSSP? I'm not 100% sure...

Also LoversHooker if it's installed.

I don't have lovers hooker installed at the moment so that is not it. I have made no changes to adult play plus so that is not it either.

I "think" the problem is actually inside lovers slave trader itself and may have happened when I recompiled things. I am going through the scripts now line by line to see if a message just got screwed up somehow. Funny thing is' date=' despite the gibberish\garbled message, it still gives out gold - so at least the formula is correct - just the message is off.

[/quote']

Could be like you said, caused by recompiling. Still don't understand why you would need to recompile. Knew about the CS recompiling ALL freaking scripts into the currently oopen esp/esm though; been there, done that, hated it, lol.

I don't have SlaveTrader or Bravil currently active so no help there.

Thanks for the feed back on books, pretty much my process as well; leave to the very last, hope for the best. Japanese based books are the hardest, Russian the easiest, at least for me. I'll try and add that too to the thread; just a blurb and warning I think. Think I'll take a look at CS Extender also and see if it adds anything good to support easier translating. I have it DL'ed too and like you never had a need to install and use it.

Based on prior experience with Japanese translation of game stuff, they often use a form of colloquialism, or even worse phonetics. Similar to writing 'shit' like this, ssshhhiiiiiiiiitttt! And that's a simple example. Makes translating near impossible for us native English speakers. Really had to use Japanese developers in those instances and then collaborate to get it into a reasonable sense of English.

FYI, now that you are working with scripts. I added a link in the trans thread to the NotePad++ OBSE script 'colorizor', which works up to OBSE ver 18. There's a sample screen capture to review also. You may find it useful as you troubleshoot the Lovers Slave Trader scripts.