Pretty much all the mods that add support for sexbound-API

CinderFox101

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I've noticed a couple of things.

1) I suspect most of the "object obstructed" frustration comes from the way Aphrodite's Bow works.  If I understand it right, it actually clones the target and then deletes the original.  The clone has the API behaviors that normal NPCs lack.  This is why if you use it on a mission target it considers them as having been killed (and in a sense, they were).  When the timer runs out it reverses this process, deleting the sexbound character & replacing them with the original  - which is why pregnancy stops showing and also why targets hit with the bow just stand there like zombies until the effects wear off (the sexbound API is apparently the only script the clones run).  It also explains why so many characters just show "object obstructed" - because they're protected characters, immune to damage & deletion.

2) The special beds mod that slaps the sex menu onto anyone using the bed, however, is clearly affecting the original characters and not doing a clone/delete job on them.  They continue to function as normal once they get out of bed.  This seems to indicate that a completely different method is being used to bring up the sex options wheel.  These beds also seem to work on any character that uses them, including the player.

3) Therefore, in theory, a skilled modder could probably pull the code from the modded beds and use it to redo Aphrodite's Bow to be more functional.  Such a bow should be able to work on anyone, just like the beds do, and without having to go through the whole clone/delete cycle.

I could be wrong about all this, of course, but that's my observations indicate so far.

Meanwhile, I've noticed an issue with pregnancy and birth that has nothing to do with the mod but rather the game itself.  Starbound only seems to remember the very last place you visited, and it only does so for maybe thirty minutes.  After that it stops being active and just gets stored.  The issue with this is that stored planets & places no longer time progress.  Which means that if a character gets pregnant and you continue traveling they will never actually give birth.  Their location will invariably time out, get stored, and time will stop for them.  The only way for a NPC to actually give birth is if the PC stays in that same place for the entire duration of the pregnancy.

Sadly, I can think of no way around this problem other than creating a whole new chunk of code for the API that databases pregnancies and links them to the player's clock instead of the NPCs themselves.  This would make sure that the timer on their pregnancies continued even after you leave.  That would probably be a lot of work, though, so I'm not sure if it's really worth it.

#1) Sorta.  You're more right than wrong, but Aphrodite's Bow works in general by converting NPCs into objects (i.e., into actual furniture items), storing the NPCs as data inside those objects (since Starbound uses JSON data everywhere and it's easy as sin to attach an arbitrary JSON object to any other object in the game).  When it claims an actor is "obstructed" is actually based on the "dungeon" in the area where the NPC is being converted into an object.  If it can't spawn a new object there because of the tile protections of the "dungeon" or because there's an obstacle in the way, SxB catches this and bounces an error rather than crashing the script engine and inadvertently destroying the NPC in the process.  IOW, the Bow almost always works if you toggle /admin mode and /settileprotection 0 false (where "0" is the current dungeonID visible under /debug, almost always "0" though), although in some "dungeons" the characters also have their damageTeam set to the player's team, which renders them entirely immune to being hit by the bow at all (crew have this, for instance).

#2) Yep.  While it still works by converting the bed furniture object into a "bed plus character" furniture object, the original actor remains standing in front of the bed, merely invisible.  It's also possible to shoot actors who are boinking, and they'll jump out of bed (but their weapons remain disabled and they'll just stand there and scream epithets uselessly as you finish them off (...finish off the bad way, not the good way, that is)).

#3) Theoretically, yep.  I was actually digging around in the files -- for instance, why does SxB fail to smash and then spawn replacement beds in protected dungeons when other mods like Working Bunk Beds can spawn replacement beds just fine? -- but SB has a very fragile Lua engine that likes exploding if you look at it the wrong way.  It's extremely powerful, though inter-object communication is a bit frustrating as it's almost entirely asynchronous.  My limited efforts at converting the SxB1.x API into a Legacy version that could run alongside SxB2.x, for instance, tended to make either one or the other mod fail to work for inexplicable reasons.

42 minutes ago, forgetful hatter said:

you can also clone yourself in a sense with this. if you're into that. :^)

Would having sex with your own clone be considered incest or masturbation?  ?

On 9/15/2018 at 9:36 PM, antediluvian said:

#3) Theoretically, yep.  I was actually digging around in the files -- for instance, why does SxB fail to smash and then spawn replacement beds in protected dungeons when other mods like Working Bunk Beds can spawn replacement beds just fine? -- but SB has a very fragile Lua engine that likes exploding if you look at it the wrong way.  It's extremely powerful, though inter-object communication is a bit frustrating as it's almost entirely asynchronous.  My limited efforts at converting the SxB1.x API into a Legacy version that could run alongside SxB2.x, for instance, tended to make either one or the other mod fail to work for inexplicable reasons.

Do you think there is any way to fix the pregnancy timer issue?  Like, put the timers on the player's clock instead of their own so that they don't freeze when you leave the planet?

11 hours ago, DeadSomething said:

well, regular wooden beds (one of the first beds craftable and needed by all characters in early gameplay) are already sexbound-capable. so maybe it would be wise to fix it.

Needed? Wouldn't say that's quite the word. I have never, even in pure vanilla gameplay, needed a wooden (or any other SB compatible) bed. Useful... sure. But that's the other thing. There are other options. If it is just about healing, there are salves and bandages available right away early game. And as for sleeping... the mine you find on every starting planet for any new character is guaranteed to have tents outside the entrance if not several inside. As for non-vanilla options, there are various races that have beds you can make that aren't affected. And even some mods that add beds in one way or another that are also unaffected. I think that's part of why the creator used the bed choices they did, to give early available options for using the mod to everyone while leaving other early viable alternatives still readily available to do what said beds do normally anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed that the Animated Tentacle Plant link doesn't work (obviously as is says it doesn't) but I wanna ask something if anyone is willing to help. Does anyone have the original file? If so, does it still work? And if so with that could they possibly share it? Or could maybe someone start their version of the mod as I don't know if that mod will be coming back. Something till the original comes back if it ever does

2 hours ago, Wortzenhein said:

I noticed that the Animated Tentacle Plant link doesn't work (obviously as is says it doesn't) but I wanna ask something if anyone is willing to help. Does anyone have the original file? If so, does it still work? And if so with that could they possibly share it? Or could maybe someone start their version of the mod as I don't know if that mod will be coming back. Something till the original comes back if it ever does

I actually have a link to the mod you're talking about, but you can just join the Sexbound Discord to get the link. If not, I can send you the link.

Alright then, here's a link that instantly downloads the mod: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/460915450503757824/468253195421089792/AnimatedTentaclePlant_v1.10.0.zip

Just a note, the Tentacle Plant randomly choses a 'Victim', and can't be removed, though that might just be a bug for me.

43 minutes ago, Blockbite said:

Alright then, here's a link that instantly downloads the mod: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/460915450503757824/468253195421089792/AnimatedTentaclePlant_v1.10.0.zip

Just a note, the Tentacle Plant randomly choses a 'Victim', and can't be removed, though that might just be a bug for me.

Alrighty, thanks for this! Though I joined the Discord. So this should help others

On 10/16/2018 at 12:34 PM, DeadSomething said:

i found that the animated tentacle plant mod can disturb world creation and make the game crash. maybe it is if it chooses a custom race to spawn.

Its not supposed to be able to do that, and i've never managed to get a crash off of it. Not sure how a few users are doing it, but alas...

Anyhow, if that was the case, just placing down tentacle plants would have a chance to crash the game. I don't think that happens though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/13/2018 at 6:34 PM, Blockbite said:

hey so this link no longer works so i'd appreciate it if you would be able to send another link or what not

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, 0swga said:

Nightar seems to be missing.

If it did exist, it'd also be outdated most likely. From the looks of things, some of the assets for it are from the FU creator, which means that we probably couldn't add support for it anyway.

This list is far outdated at this point, and shouldn't be referred to for mods right now. Perhaps if it's updated, but right now it's best to refer to the list of supported mods on the Sexbound API's mod page or to manually look for up-to-date mods. The list isn't actually present on that at the moment however, but it should hopefully be back fairly soon.

Archived