Pretty much all the mods that add support for sexbound-API

CinderFox101

4 hours ago, FearMeImFluffy said:

I really hate to be that guy, but does anyone have a saved copy of Booty Rockin' Nuru? I've been scouring the internet for it and I just can't find it. I'd be EXTREMELY thankful for a copy!

Also thanks so much for recovering the API archivers, you're huge saviors!

Yes, about the BRN, its outdated and only usable at 1.x.x version and may not be compatible to the latest 2.x.x version.

So I am having a few issues with some of the files on this list. Maybe someone can help?

All in One Eevee pack, All in One Espeon pack, All in One Zoroark pack, and the api for Avali and Draenei races. All of these when I attempt to open the .rar or .zip file give me a message saying the file cannot be opened as an archive. In particular I use 7-zip and the message is "Can not open file 'C:\insert file path here\SexboundAPI_draenei.zip' as archive" (just for an example) Also having the same issue with the SexboundAPI for Gardevan race (which isn't on this list btw)

Can anyone help me either with valid working versions of these or explain how to fix the issue? Would be appreciated, thanks.

7 hours ago, Rhys SilverWind said:

So I am having a few issues with some of the files on this list. Maybe someone can help?

All in One Eevee pack, All in One Espeon pack, All in One Zoroark pack, and the api for Avali and Draenei races. All of these when I attempt to open the .rar or .zip file give me a message saying the file cannot be opened as an archive. In particular I use 7-zip and the message is "Can not open file 'C:\insert file path here\SexboundAPI_draenei.zip' as archive" (just for an example) Also having the same issue with the SexboundAPI for Gardevan race (which isn't on this list btw)

Can anyone help me either with valid working versions of these or explain how to fix the issue? Would be appreciated, thanks.

A few people seem to be having issues with the compressed archives, and i'm not sure why... to test i've downloaded and opened Avali, Zoroark and Espeon's files with WinRAR just fine. not even a hitch.

I would recommend against 7-zip, but if you prefer using it, i guess try... asking for another file-type of compressed file? I changed from RAR to ZIP, if i remember correctly, as a request from another user, might help.

23 minutes ago, red3dred said:

A few people seem to be having issues with the compressed archives, and i'm not sure why... to test i've downloaded and opened Avali, Zoroark and Espeon's files with WinRAR just fine. not even a hitch.

I would recommend against 7-zip, but if you prefer using it, i guess try... asking for another file-type of compressed file? I changed from RAR to ZIP, if i remember correctly, as a request from another user, might help.

I'll try WinRAR on those 3 then I guess. I can always repack the files with 7-zip for myself after for storage purposes (in case things get all crazy again).

What about the Eevee one? And I got the Draenei one kinda working? It allows for the mod to work with the race now, but instead of using the proper models, it uses the default ones (so instead of looking like Draenei, they look like humans, color change and all) Anyone else have the same issue or is it just me and any suggestions?

Update: Used WinRAR... Worked on all of them. Thank you so much for telling me about that!

Still not sure what to do about the Draenei visual issue though.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:23 AM, Rhys SilverWind said:

I'll try WinRAR on those 3 then I guess. I can always repack the files with 7-zip for myself after for storage purposes (in case things get all crazy again).

What about the Eevee one? And I got the Draenei one kinda working? It allows for the mod to work with the race now, but instead of using the proper models, it uses the default ones (so instead of looking like Draenei, they look like humans, color change and all) Anyone else have the same issue or is it just me and any suggestions?

I don't see why the eevee race would handle differently, its made by the same person as the other 3... but the Draenei one, i might have to look into, if i remember correctly it was made for a older version, and might require some manual fixing of the files to load properly.

Yep, after a look at it, it seems the Draenei files are outdated. I cannot officially update them without contacting the original author and such, but you can easily get it fixed by putting a patch file in the starting folder of the mod, containing the right parameters; A "sexbound.config.patch" file, containing

[
  {
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/sex/supportedPlayerSpecies/-",
    "value" : "draenei"
  }
]

You can probably create such file in Notepad.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

I don't see why the eevee race would handle differently, its made by the same person as the other 3... but the Draenei one, i might have to look into, if i remember correctly it was made for a older version, and might require some manual fixing of the files to load properly.

Yep, after a look at it, it seems the Draenei files are outdated. I cannot officially update them out contacting the original author and such, but you can easily get it fixed by putting a patch file in the starting folder of the mod, containing the right parameters; A "sexbound.config.patch" file, containing

[
  {
    "op" : "add",
    "path" : "/sex/supportedPlayerSpecies/-",
    "value" : "draenei"
  }
]

You can probably create such file in Notepad.

Thank you very much, didn't think to see if I was missing a file. That fixed the issue with the Draenei for me. Although I am having an issue with the Eevee race causing my game to crash right after the chucklefish logo and laugh thing... I have made sure it's only the race by trying to load the game with only that one mod removed and it loads up just fine. Any idea what might be causing that? It's the last thing giving me trouble now :/

(starting to feel like a bit of a nuisance, hoping there are other people having similar issues that benefit from the help I am getting, lol)

Update: Nvm the Eevee mod issue. Apparently Steam decided to ignore my clicking unsubscribe from the Galaxy Foxes mod. Even though the Eevee in that mod is visually different, they still are the same in every other part of the code. Very obviously they were conflicting with each other and crashing the game as a result.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, missilver said:

Guys can anybody tell me what happened to the original sexbound discussion page? I cant find it at all.

It seems the main topic has been removed from the LoversLab forum, but the file is still up.

Also, a topic popped up on the Starbound Club that seems to pretty much declare that the Starbound club is the new HUB for Sexbound API discussion, and a suggestions form.

3 hours ago, Falconers said:

Darn, should have grabbed that bow while i could. Oh well.

Other users seem to have already shared that. Check there?

thanks for the list and the others who posted links to where some of the mods were removed. Looks like I missed the drama that happened to cause a bunch of mods to get removed lol. Nice to see sexbound though is back up and people put backups of others.

Greeting everyone.

I was not aware of all the slag this mod got. It seems to me things have died down a bit.

Now, I didn't find anywhere else to post this but I need some help.

I followed the instructions to install the sexbound API but after I booted the game it crashed. I was hoping someone could help me out.

Was I supposed to not launch it from steam? I have a few mods from the steam workshop installed already, do I need to delete them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

27 minutes ago, klarthlester said:

Greeting everyone.

I was not aware of all the slag this mod got. It seems to me things have died down a bit.

Now, I didn't find anywhere else to post this but I need some help.

I followed the instructions to install the sexbound API but after I booted the game it crashed. I was hoping someone could help me out.

Was I supposed to not launch it from steam? I have a few mods from the steam workshop installed already, do I need to delete them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

might want to try attaching your log file. Not really anything anyone can do if you don't tell us what the problem is.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed a couple of things.

1) I suspect most of the "object obstructed" frustration comes from the way Aphrodite's Bow works.  If I understand it right, it actually clones the target and then deletes the original.  The clone has the API behaviors that normal NPCs lack.  This is why if you use it on a mission target it considers them as having been killed (and in a sense, they were).  When the timer runs out it reverses this process, deleting the sexbound character & replacing them with the original  - which is why pregnancy stops showing and also why targets hit with the bow just stand there like zombies until the effects wear off (the sexbound API is apparently the only script the clones run).  It also explains why so many characters just show "object obstructed" - because they're protected characters, immune to damage & deletion.

2) The special beds mod that slaps the sex menu onto anyone using the bed, however, is clearly affecting the original characters and not doing a clone/delete job on them.  They continue to function as normal once they get out of bed.  This seems to indicate that a completely different method is being used to bring up the sex options wheel.  These beds also seem to work on any character that uses them, including the player.

3) Therefore, in theory, a skilled modder could probably pull the code from the modded beds and use it to redo Aphrodite's Bow to be more functional.  Such a bow should be able to work on anyone, just like the beds do, and without having to go through the whole clone/delete cycle.

I could be wrong about all this, of course, but that's my observations indicate so far.

Meanwhile, I've noticed an issue with pregnancy and birth that has nothing to do with the mod but rather the game itself.  Starbound only seems to remember the very last place you visited, and it only does so for maybe thirty minutes.  After that it stops being active and just gets stored.  The issue with this is that stored planets & places no longer time progress.  Which means that if a character gets pregnant and you continue traveling they will never actually give birth.  Their location will invariably time out, get stored, and time will stop for them.  The only way for a NPC to actually give birth is if the PC stays in that same place for the entire duration of the pregnancy.

Sadly, I can think of no way around this problem other than creating a whole new chunk of code for the API that databases pregnancies and links them to the player's clock instead of the NPCs themselves.  This would make sure that the timer on their pregnancies continued even after you leave.  That would probably be a lot of work, though, so I'm not sure if it's really worth it.

Archived