9 minutes ago, goldust said:

by the way man..love the fuck out of all your mods..i never play skyrim without them <3..and Huckleberry i cant wait to say the same about your mod..looks fucking amazing so far ❤️ :)

so ... insert blush emoji here ... and yeah, totally agree about Delzaron's mods

Just now, Huckleberry said:

so ... insert blush emoji here ... and yeah, totally agree about Delzaron's mods

i know right..i fucking love a forsworn story...its always in my load order no matter what..like campfire and frost-fall and cloaks of skyrim...some mods are just a must have..and lots of  Delzaron's  mods are like that <3..but your pirate mod does look cool really cool. 

I just need to do a little Creation Kit rant right now ... I navmesh every cell, including my exteriors, entirely by hand and do my due diligence to test the NPC pathing and cover, etc. It is a time consuming process but, since I like NPCs and followers to actually move around a space in an intelligent fashion, one that I think is worth it.

SOOOO ... anyway ... keen to maintain performance in my heavily decorated exteriors, I thought I would do some tidying up in the mod and pushed this little button on the navmesh screen that says "balance for optimization" ... what a total load of crap. ? Seriously. If you value your sanity, never push that button. It completely broke my exterior mesh ... water navmesh was no longer water, pathing stopped working, random islands appeared that would silo NPCs and, it had huge literal holes in it ... how is that balanced or optimized?

And the weirdest part was somehow or other NPCs that were supposed to be on a patrol route outside, ended up inside the closest building ... weird ... my best guess on that one is that the newly - air quote optimized - navmesh made the landing cell too small ... but that shouldn't matter so who knows. Changing the navmesh, put them back on their patrols ... weird science and spooky things at a distance I guess.

So ... yeah, not fun.  I just spent the better part of five hours re-navmeshing the entire exterior.  I'm going to go hit my head against a wall for awhile. ?

ARGHHH! 

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I just need to do a little Creation Kit rant right now ... I navmesh every cell, including my exteriors, entirely by hand and do my due diligence to test the NPC pathing and cover, etc. It is a time consuming process but, since I like NPCs and followers to actually move around a space in an intelligent fashion, one that I think is worth it.

SOOOO ... anyway ... keen to maintain performance in my heavily decorated exteriors, I thought I would do some tidying up in the mod and pushed this little button on the navmesh screen that says "balance for optimization" ... what a total load of crap. ? Seriously. If you value your sanity, never push that button. It completely broke my exterior mesh ... water navmesh was no longer water, pathing stopped working, random islands appeared that would silo NPCs and, it had huge literal holes in it ... how is that balanced or optimized?

And the weirdest part was somehow or other NPCs that were supposed to be on a patrol route outside, ended up inside the closest building ... weird ... my best guess on that one is that the newly - air quote optimized - navmesh made the landing cell too small ... but that shouldn't matter so who knows. Changing the navmesh, put them back on their patrols ... weird science and spooky things at a distance I guess.

So ... yeah, not fun.  I just spent the better part of five hours re-navmeshing the entire exterior.  I'm going to go hit my head against a wall for awhile. ?

ARGHHH! 

Man, that sucks... there is no "undo" button on creation kit?

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

ARGHHH! 

I'll be glad to help you if I have a little time.

I'm quite drowning under my own issues right now, but surely I'll found some time in the future.

1 hour ago, Delzaron said:

I'll be glad to help you if I have a little time.

I'm quite drowning under my own issues right now, but surely I'll found some time in the future.

thank you ... really, thank you ... when I do the arena system I will probably have a bunch of questions 

1 hour ago, CGi said:

Vissicitude est l'épice de la vie.

lol ... this little vissicitude was a bit too spicy ... hopefully I won't have to many more of those unpleasant interludes :)

4 hours ago, Highborn said:

Man, that sucks... there is no "undo" button on creation kit?

not on navmesh ... which totally sucks 

thanks for the support everyone!  I am getting back into the mod today. I won't let that silly creation kit thwart my efforts. Determined - more than ever - to get this thing done. 

That's not the topic to discuss something like that.
Wir sollten hier nur Mod-bezogene Sachen schreiben.
L'auteur serait certainement reconnaissant.

Sorry for starting that.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:22 AM, Huckleberry said:

ARGHHH! 

I feel your pain.  Oblivion navmeshing was what kept me from becoming a modder.  Well, that and the fact  that there was serious lack of information.  I was looking at other peoples mods, finding functions that weren't on any list I ever discovered. (Oh, wait, that part about functions was back in Morrowind)  But I could never get the navmeshing to work.  I got the impression they made it easier in Skyrim.  But the CK is still made by Bethesda. 

5 minutes ago, cailic said:

I feel your pain.  Oblivion navmeshing was what kept me from becoming a modder.  Well, that and the fact  that there was serious lack of information.  I was looking at other peoples mods, finding functions that weren't on any list I ever discovered.  But I could never get the navmeshing to work.  I got the impression they made it easier in Skyrim.  But the CK is still made by Bethesda. 

I've never tried modding games before Skyrim so I don't have a baseline for comparison. The CK is powerful, but, it does have quirks ... sometimes you have to ask more than once and make sure you sweet talk it to keep it in a good mood.

Probably doesn't help that I am a perfectionist so I obsess over details ... or that I am learning as I go along. lol

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Probably doesn't help that I am a perfectionist so I obsess over details ... or that I am learning as I go along. lol

A cure for your perfectionism is to get a job with an American company.  There you will learn to cut corners and settle for good enough.  I too am a perfectionist and I led a joyless life.  Now, after working twelve years for a company that wouldn't allow me to indulge in doing things right, I'm a bit more easy going.  I'm still a perfectionist, but it doesn't consume me as it once did.

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:22 AM, Huckleberry said:

ARGHHH! 

Tip:

You could take care about your workflow by working in manual "history" mode: ...create a Folder on Desktop with your mod´s contence-specially the esp/esm file..if you run into nonsence, you go back or start from the storage, that has been before....autosave is always off in CK !!!...or rename the esp to espxxx-whatever you like. NAVMESHING is more quick, if you work like the Bethesda Team is doing it. They made some Videos (5) and they gave me the best instructions, how to work quickly and effective. If you have navmeshes under water, you can let disappear the water-surfaces by pressing    SHIFT+w  .

14 hours ago, cailic said:

A cure for your perfectionism is to get a job with an American company.  There you will learn to cut corners and settle for good enough.  I too am a perfectionist and I led a joyless life.  Now, after working twelve years for a company that wouldn't allow me to indulge in doing things right, I'm a bit more easy going.  I'm still a perfectionist, but it doesn't consume me as it once did.

Goodenough.... like David Goodnenough ?

41 minutes ago, Delzaron said:

Ya, like that. (Didn't understand a word he said, but I kinda get the jist). 

I hate the Andy Griffith show.  Now I have that song stuck in my head.  Why would you do this to me???

20 hours ago, t.ara said:

Tip:

You could take care about your workflow by working in manual "history" mode: ...create a Folder on Desktop with your mod´s contence-specially the esp/esm file..if you run into nonsence, you go back or start from the storage, that has been before....autosave is always off in CK !!!...or rename the esp to espxxx-whatever you like. NAVMESHING is more quick, if you work like the Bethesda Team is doing it. They made some Videos (5) and they gave me the best instructions, how to work quickly and effective. If you have navmeshes under water, you can let disappear the water-surfaces by pressing    SHIFT+w  .

I was unfamiliar with those videos. Thank you for pointing them out. As to the workflow - I did have a backup that I created before I was in the CK, but, I had done a bunch of work on the mod and was about to finish for the day when the navmesh thing happened. I had to choose between re-navmeshing or abandoning the days work. Either way, it was going to suck. :(  My big mistake was not saving more frequently. Lesson learned. lol

6 hours ago, Delzaron said:

lol

5 hours ago, cailic said:

Ya, like that. (Didn't understand a word he said, but I kinda get the jist). 

I hate the Andy Griffith show.  Now I have that song stuck in my head.  Why would you do this to me???

Have you played Delzaon's mods? lol ... journeys into the dark Lovecraftian world ... Delzaron has simply found a new way to torture you and get inside your head. Oh the horror!

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I was unfamiliar with those videos. Thank you for pointing them out. As to the workflow - I did have a backup that I created before I was in the CK, but, I had done a bunch of work on the mod and was about to finish for the day when the navmesh thing happened. I had to choose between re-navmeshing or abandoning the days work. Either way, it was going to suck. :(  My big mistake was not saving more frequently. Lesson learned. lol

...and sometimes if you do some "unusual steps" inside of CK...you might get a CTD...gg. That software is not 100% safe to use. After a serious step of work, my cursor goes like a reflex to the SAVE-button:-))

Hope you manage to release it someday! Looks promising! It's been a while from last "big" mod release. I have 2 questions:

1.Will be there DD/Zaz/bondage items content or only sexlab + zaz furnitures?

2.How far you are from release ? I know its annoying and hard question to answer :D 

Anyway great work  :) 

5 hours ago, Jappa123 said:

Hope you manage to release it someday! Looks promising! It's been a while from last "big" mod release. I have 2 questions:

1.Will be there DD/Zaz/bondage items content or only sexlab + zaz furnitures?

2.How far you are from release ? I know its annoying and hard question to answer :D 

Anyway great work  :) 

Hi.  In answer to your questions:

1) sexlab and zaz furnitures (zaz will be a dependency)  ... no reason it shouldn't play well with DD though

2) hard question indeed ... I am in the writing initial scripts and quests phase so I hope to have a stripped down version available for testing in the very near future.