DEAD OR ALIVE 6 REVEAL TRAILER

WideWalson

On 12/31/2018 at 11:57 AM, XDQ9715 said:

There ya go ? I'm so hyped and excited for DOA6!? I can't wait for January and February. My two favorite franchises Resident Evil 2 and DOA6  ????

I do not want to dissuade you, but I wonder what good you found in this game?

I'm legitimately blown away by this.

Look at the fluidity of motion, and the clothing physics! The facial detail is also impressive.

The movement is like a generational improvement over Soul Caliber VI, and even looks quite a bit better than Tekken 7.

I wasn't expected this on the PS4 at all. I didn't think there would be a fighting game with almost cinematic movement fluidity and completely realistic fabric physics until the PS5 minimum. Compare clothing to Tekken 7

Tekken basically has "flowing cloak" physics down. But look at the sleeves, and the pant legs. Nothing. Just a solid object with no movement at all. And Tekken 7 looks a lot better than SC VI in terms of clothing physics and character moveset fluidity.

DOA 6 for the moment is in its own class. Look at the detail on Marie's skirt.  It's on another level.

Anybody shitting on this being a minor update or something akin to "Not as good as Soft Engine 2.0" is just completely delusional. The switch to the DW9 engine was spot on. This looks amazing.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, BlueShinobi said:

I'm legitimately blown away by this.

Look at the fluidity of motion, and the clothing physics! The facial detail is also impressive.

The movement is like a generational improvement over Soul Caliber VI, and even looks quite a bit better than Tekken 7.

I wasn't expected this on the PS4 at all. I didn't think there would be a fighting game with almost cinematic movement fluidity and completely realistic fabric physics until the PS5 minimum. Compare clothing to Tekken 7

Tekken basically has "flowing cloak" physics down. But look at the sleeves, and the pant legs. Nothing. Just a solid object with no movement at all. And Tekken 7 looks a lot better than SC VI in terms of clothing physics and character moveset fluidity.

DOA 6 for the moment is in its own class. Look at the detail on Marie's skirt.  It's on another level.

Anybody shitting on this being a minor update or something akin to "Not as good as Soft Engine 2.0" is just completely delusional. The switch to the DW9 engine was spot on. This looks amazing.

its quite the improvement especially on the Dw9 engine but the praise for cloth physics can also be found on a lot of other 3d cloth render tutorials or displays found on youtube, the idea of "this being the first" was never really impossible, it was only a question of resource management on system its gonna run on, its the same reason why Tekken 6 looks leagues better in the arcade compared to the Ps3 version, 

just to give you an example, Monster Hunter world is running on PS4 at the moment, its areas bustling with dynamic AI routines running at the same time while 4 multiple players are playing at it and running with current gen graphics and keeping a steady 30 FPS on such an anemic hardware , so expecting DOA6 to have good cloth physics was the minimum we hoped to have, ( i know most games you mentioned had them simpler but i dont expect Bandai namco in anyway to wow people with graphics, especially with Tekken 7 looking like a really good PS3 game instead of next gen Tekken )

the lighting is looking better than ever, altho Marie's clothes at the end of the video looked really bad, i wonder if the lighting is not 100% yet as anything plastic or latex just feels off, the brightness is way up tho and some colors like Marie's yellow bow still looks really washed out, might just be some last kinks they might iron out 

the models are still not better looking than those from DOAXX3 but ive accepted that they can atleast work with the DW9 engine to some degree i just hope that this is not the hellscape of optimization which was Dw9,  DOA5LR already was a mess  on most PC's and had an even crappier PC menu system, and this  being a new engine game on Dw9 makes me think this might be a console first deal, does anyone have news on how the PC version is gonna run like ? 

since it doesnt look that demanding i hope my oudated mid rig can run it 

im hope im wrong about my speculations , i hope this game runs like a dream on mid rig machines seeing its a 1on1 fighting game , i hope this isnt a dumpster fire 

Dead or alive remains as one of my favorite games in the past that has survived the scourge of mediocrity and SJW filth , it would be a real bummer to see it go 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

specs have been released for Steam PC version 

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4690 or over
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 11 or over

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i7 8700 or over
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Source 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/838380/DEAD_OR_ALIVE_6/

Seems like the Dynasty Warriors 9 engine is the worst optimized for a fighting game, its way over what MK11 and SF5 wants,  for fucks sake the recommended CPU is Processor: Intel Core i7 8700 or over 

gone are the days developers pride themselves in optimizing games for PC now its either buy better hardware to make up for the lack of optimization or  just dont 

53 minutes ago, wookhiemanjoe said:

Minimum:

Recommended:

Intel Core i7 8700 or over??

asto.png.1fa97fe094bdde99e57a4b514612a3db.png

18 hours ago, wookhiemanjoe said:

Minimum:

Recommended:

Source 

Seems like the Dynasty Warriors 9 engine is the worst optimized for a fighting game, its way over what MK11 and SF5 wants,  for fucks sake the recommended CPU is Processor: Intel Core i7 8700 or over 

gone are the days developers pride themselves in optimizing games for PC now its either buy better hardware to make up for the lack of optimization or  just dont 

8D cojones.....

On 2/28/2019 at 7:06 AM, wookhiemanjoe said:

Minimum:

Recommended:

Source 

Did I understand correctly that DOA 6 will not work in Windows 8? 

11 hours ago, fency said:

Did I understand correctly that DOA 6 will not work in Windows 8? 

it says windows 10  only but its running on DX11 so i have no idea why it wouldnt work on windows 7 or 8

these specs seem way too high honestly

Happy to announce guys that i can run the game 

the specs are shit in terms of reccomendation 

i can do fine 60 fps all high shadow at X2 and 1080p

i5 4460 

16gb ram DDr3

r9 390 8gb GDDR5 

in terms of graphics the lighting is better than DOA5 LR but the models seems to be from DOA5 LR and the clothes are badly made  nyotengu's wrestling outfit's neck choker warps like hell and looks kinda shitty 

dinosaur stage crashes like crazy 

On 3/2/2019 at 11:03 AM, wookhiemanjoe said:

Happy to announce guys that i can run the game 

the specs are shit in terms of reccomendation 

i can do fine 60 fps all high shadow at X2 and 1080p

i5 4460 

16gb ram DDr3

r9 390 8gb GDDR5 

in terms of graphics the lighting is better than DOA5 LR but the models seems to be from DOA5 LR and the clothes are badly made  nyotengu's wrestling outfit's neck choker warps like hell and looks kinda shitty 

dinosaur stage crashes like crazy 

There's a fix for AMD cards, but I'm not sure if yours qualifies. In the AMD panel you have to set the card to compute or something. On Nvidia card the stage is fine for me. 

Archived