DEAD OR ALIVE 6 REVEAL TRAILER

WideWalson

3 hours ago, Боря said:

I read that in DOA6 there will not be Mai, Naotora, Honoka and Maria Rosa. Maybe the game will not also Rachel and Nyotengu .
It's unlikely that they will add new characters to the game from DOA Vacation.

Yes, I heard these nightmarish news about Mai and Honoka. We hope that they will not be confirmed.
As for Tamaki, Luna and Misaki, they really have nothing to do in the fighting game. Let them stay in DOAXVV.

In Team Ninja decided to clearly distinguish between beach volleyball and fighting.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/08/e3-2018-dead-or-alive-6-first-hands-on-can-team-ninja-balance-familiar-and-fresh

And not only this! According to some rumors, they want to remove from the game Naotora, Rachel, Sarah, Leon, Genfu, Eliot, Lisa, Phase and Alpha! Who will stay there then?
They can not remove so many. Perhaps this is a lie from the enemies of DOA6.

Tbh I'm down for the game to be toned down a little so that it's taken as serious as Tekken 7 is in the FGC (because I find DOA fun to play). But leave it to the modding community to lewd the characters as much as they want. Hope the game delivers on PC and doesn't end up being a disaster port like LR was.

50 minutes ago, jamonserrano said:

Tbh I'm down for the game to be toned down a little so that it's taken as serious as Tekken 7 is in the FGC (because I find DOA fun to play). But leave it to the modding community to lewd the characters as much as they want. Hope the game delivers on PC and doesn't end up being a disaster port like LR was. 

:) Funny...    Phrases "But leave it to the modding community..." and "Hope..." contradict each other.

When modders will make a game from scratch, then they will decide everything.  And while this is not, sorry, you will have to listen to the opinion of the other side, no matter how much you want it.

7 hours ago, Baralgin said:

:) Funny...    Phrases "But leave it to the modding community..." and "Hope..." contradict each other.

When modders will make a game from scratch, then they will decide everything.  And while this is not, sorry, you will have to listen to the opinion of the other side, no matter how much you want it.

Talking about apples and oranges, my dude. My hopes are for the PC port to be decent this time. The leaving to the modding community part is that regardless of what Team Ninja wants, they'll do whatever they want with the game. So I'm agreeing with your statement here.

19 minutes ago, jamonserrano said:

My hopes are for the PC port to be decent this time. The leaving to the modding community part is that regardless of what Team Ninja wants, they'll do whatever they want with the game. So I'm agreeing with your statement here.

OK, only I will correct it a little. They will not do what they want (any large enough community always wants everything), but what they can do.

Screw actual sales numbers or knowing our core audience. Let's tone down the fanservice to please a tiny handfull of prudes that were offended at a tournament. Brilliant business strategy Tecmo. You know what fighting games get less attention at EVO than ones that slightly offend? Ones that sell so badly they get discontinued.

Either way I took up a zero tolerance policy towards eunuch multiplayer game developers after I got burnt by Mortal Kombat X (Though the castrated fanservice was only the tip of the iceberg of my disappointment with that game).

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2018 at 7:45 PM, Baralgin said:

Another petition, this time personally in support of Naotora Li.
Naturally, it is as useless as the previous one, but anyone can show their civic position and stand up for their favorite character.

Naotora for DOA6

naotora.thumb.png.699660e9723db9ff19db0dedb784f442.png

Is there a petition for MAI?Although this is too difficult for KT...

On 7/12/2018 at 2:50 AM, himawari56 said:

Is there a petition for MAI?Although this is too difficult for KT...

This is a vain undertaking, because for them everything is decided by money, not petitions. But if you start such a petition, we will all support you.  あなたは確信することができます!

18 hours ago, O0O0O0 said:

because for them everything is decided by money

Total miscalculation for them then. This decision is only going to cost them money. Given the fanservice is one of DOA's main selling points its probably going to cost them quite a bit of money.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 12:24 AM, MrEsturk said:

Total miscalculation for them then. This decision is only going to cost them money. Given the fanservice is one of DOA's main selling points its probably going to cost them quite a bit of money.

As someone who admittedly only plays these games for the fanservice, I can say that this will definitely cost them my money.  I'd much rather stick to DOA5 and go through the trouble of re-learning how to mod it, especially with all the great stuff I've seen on sites like this one.

This trend of companies bending over backwards to please a small group of people who aren't even their regular customers completely baffles me.  Has this been going on for a while or did it just crop up recently?  Are they that terrified that their brand won't hold up in the face of a little bad PR?

Archived