Update to SavageCabbage's Animation Pack V1.0.1

All previous dependencies are now fully optional (except for AAF) and the FOMOD installer reflects that.

@SavageCabbage Those XML's should work better for you so feel free to use those as a base. The folders and filenames should make it self explanatory but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

@Tanglin The XML's in this pack should be better suited and make it easier to find what you're looking for.

This needs AAF V68.1 Alpha because it uses it's function to merge furniture groups with the same name from different XML's.

Removed. Taken over by the OP.

8 minutes ago, CGi said:

Update to SavageCabbage's Animation Pack V1.0.1

All previous dependencies are now fully optional (except for AAF) and the FOMOD installer reflects that.

@SavageCabbage Those XML's should work better for you so feel free to use those as a base. The folders and filenames should make it self explanatory but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

@Tanglin The XML's in this pack should be better suited and make it easier to find what you're looking for.

This needs AAF V68 Alpha because it uses it's function to merge furniture groups of the same name from different XML's.

SavageCabbages Animation Pack V1.0.1 (42.3MB)

Appreciate it, but I don't see how it would help, as the furniture xml in your FOMOD installer has the exact same items as the the original. If the original one only allows 2 settlement beds, yours would too.

Just now, Tanglin said:

Appreciate it, but I don't see how it would help, as the furniture xml in your FOMOD installer has the exact same items as the the original. If the original one only allows 2 settlement beds, yours would too.

You were talking about DLC content and the new version has seperate furniture XML's per supported DLC and mod.

9 minutes ago, CGi said:

You were talking about DLC content and the new version has seperate furniture XML's per supported DLC and mod.

No, I wasn't talking about DLC content. I was asking if other beds in the vanilla workshop menu can also work with the mod, as currently, only 2 are recognised.

3 minutes ago, Tanglin said:

No, I wasn't talking about DLC content. I was asking if other beds in the vanilla workshop menu can also work with the mod, as currently, only 2 are recognised.

The ones listed in the XML work ... sometimes. in my tests they sometimes worked and somtimes not. Especially self placed objects did not always work.
So if the furniture you're looking for is already in the list but not working then you sadly ran into the same problems i ran into.

1 minute ago, dagobaking said:

It doesn't sound like that. He just wants other beds added to the search.

My english is not the best, you know?
But my engrish is superb.

4 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

The other beds can work. SC can add them to his pack if he feels that they are the right furniture for his animations.

Or, you can also edit the furniture xml to add the additional beds.

I've been fiddling around with the XML files, so I know that adding new items into the furniture list should make AAF look for them. However, the list of single beds we have in the XML file has 13 items, but only 2 work. Some of the 13 might not be settlement items, but what about the rest?

Anyway, how does one look for the complete list of furniture form and id of vanilla settlement items? And how does one know what they look like in the game? If players are told to add stuff into XML themselves, how does the player know the  furniture form sand id?

1 minute ago, Tanglin said:

I've been fiddling around with the XML files, so I know that adding new items into the furniture list should make AAF look for them. However, the list of single beds we have in the XML file has 13 items, but only 2 work. Some of the 13 might not be settlement items, but what about the rest?

The others are probably not settlement beds and there are probably settlement beds not on that list. There really are that many and more variations of beds in the game. Maybe double that list.

Each addition to the list slows the search down a little bit. So, it is a good idea to try to be judicious about adding more forms. If a bed appears one time in the entire game and isnt a settlement item, it might be best to leave it off the list.

1 minute ago, Tanglin said:

Anyway, how does one look for the complete list of furniture form and id of vanilla settlement items? And how does one know what they look like in the game? If players are told to add stuff into XML themselves, how does the player know the  furniture form sand id?

1. Open the CreationKit and load Fallout4.esm.
  2. Once loaded, type "Bed" into the filter field in the Object Window.
  3. Select "WorldObjects>Furniture". You should now have a list of beds (may not be 100% complete if there are name variations or non-furniture form versions)

As you can see, there are many beds.

You can see what they look like by double-clicking them. You can get the form ID by hovering over the name of the item. In FO4Edit, you might be able to do a similar filter and have an easier to use list of formID numbers.

I don't expect individual players to constantly go in and edit XML files. Over time, animation pack authors will likely tailor these things to exactly what people want or others will make their own XML packs for people to use without having to do the CK work.

A lot of furnitures have weird ids, and many don't actually have reference names to find them easily but I'll have a look at some point.

Wrt the XMLs, dagobaking made the XMLs for me when AAF was in it's infancy so any advances made since then haven't really been taken into account, as I'm not really aware of any changes. When the XMLs were made I couldn't, for example, have "Bed" referenced in two separate furniture XML files, which is why I ended up putting them all together in one. If that's different now then I'm happy to change that going forward.

5 hours ago, CGi said:

Those XML's should work better for you so feel free to use those as a base. The folders and filenames should make it self explanatory but if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers pal, I'll add this to the downloads when I get some time. I'll notify you when I do.

28 minutes ago, SavageCabbage said:

Wrt the XMLs, dagobaking made the XMLs for me when AAF was in it's infancy so any advances made since then haven't really been taken into account, as I'm not really aware of any changes. When the XMLs were made I couldn't, for example, have "Bed" referenced in two separate furniture XML files, which is why I ended up putting them all together in one. If that's different now then I'm happy to change that going forward.

The new merging functionality for furniture groups with the same name is a direct response to your animation pack so you can create it way more modular. ;)

You're always welcome to suggest new functions to make your life easier.

P.s.: The pillory (not Hydro) furniture uses a FormiD i could not identify so i commented it out since it resulted in seemingly random errors in AAF.

11 hours ago, CGi said:

The new merging functionality for furniture groups with the same name is a direct response to your animation pack so you can create it way more modular. ;)

You're always welcome to suggest new functions to make your life easier. 

Cool, thank you. I know one function that I'd like to know whether it works or not, is whether you can target non-human actors, super mutants to be exact. I worked on some test animations recently to see how the rig works but I can't target any super mutants with AAF, I'm running the 66.0 alpha of AAF at the moment.

11 hours ago, CGi said:

P.s.: The pillory (not Hydro) furniture uses a FormiD i could not identify so i commented it out since it resulted in seemingly random errors in AAF.

Okay, makes sense. I never got any errors in my game so I never thought it would cause any for others, and my hame is heavily modded with like 500 mods all squashed into merged esps.

The main post has been updated with the new files too, so you can remove that one you put up if you want. Also thanks for putting them in a ba2 file.

40 minutes ago, SavageCabbage said:

Cool, thank you. I know one function that I'd like to know whether it works or not, is whether you can target non-human actors, super mutants to be exact. I worked on some test animations recently to see how the rig works but I can't target any super mutants with AAF, I'm running the 66.0 alpha of AAF at the moment.

Super Mutants are fully supported and so are most other creatures.
i recommend you install the male EVB from the Compatibility Patches. it's specifically made for AAF with own morphs and shite. ;)
You NEED version 68.1 alpha or higher to use those new XML's.
Else furniture groups are not merged so the last loaded group replaces all other what results in missing animations.

40 minutes ago, SavageCabbage said:

Okay, makes sense. I never got any errors in my game so I never thought it would cause any for others, and my hame is heavily modded with like 500 mods all squashed into merged esps.

The main post has been updated with the new files too, so you can remove that one you put up if you want. Also thanks for putting them in a ba2 file.

The offset points to 01 in a file that references Torture Devices. 01 is usually an official DLC but even reducing the FormiD, it's not a valid iD inside Torture Devices or Devious Devices. i really have no clue what you referenced there. :/

Attachement deleted ... and you saw the BA2, ey? ?

P.s.: You can easily publish updates with the BA2 in place because loose files overwrite the ones in BA2's. So no need to re-create it everytime unless you want to.

3 hours ago, SavageCabbage said:

Cool beans, I'm not very technically minded, more creative, so thanks for the support, both you and dagobaking.

Stay creative. You know where to find us if you have questions or need help.

4 hours ago, riot_punch said:

there are no sounds on the new mod files, is it intentional?

Erm... ya... no. My fault. Sorry.

Updated version:

Outdated - Deleted

@SavageCabbage Please replace my old one with this one. Major mistake in the last one.

4 minutes ago, riot_punch said:

wow, you sure work fast, thanks buddy.

i only renamed a file. Same mistake i did with the BA2 in AAF V68.0 alpha. Sometimes all i can produce are brain farts. -.-'
But nice GiF. :)

38 minutes ago, General_GR said:

i am getting this error any idea how to fix it? i am using the vanilla pack.

You mean the old vanilla pack or the FOMOD?
if you use the old vanilla archive, then you need to remove the animations that use the HydroPillory from the animation XML's.