10 hours ago, Jindale said:

Question, is it "intended" that robot anims are currently misaligned? And if not, is there anything I can adjust in XMLs to correct it myself? Thanks and have a great day.

CBBE, zaz Extended 4.0, AAF 161.1

Hey there, 

The robot animations have bugs that "we" (we here refer to the developer himself plus the rest of us users) believe to be buried deep in the game engine. This means that Mr.Handy robots and women become misaligned when you do any transition between animations.

If you encounter it, it is normal. The same thing happens to everyone, and a fix has not been found yet.

1 hour ago, Vel W said:

Hey there, 

The robot animations have bugs that "we" (we here refer to the developer himself plus the rest of us users) believe to be buried deep in the game engine. This means that Mr.Handy robots and women become misaligned when you do any transition between animations.

If you encounter it, it is normal. The same thing happens to everyone, and a fix has not been found yet.

Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate though. This is but a suggestion and please do say if it has been tried, but since Mr Handy Tease-stage is aligned, would it be possible to rotate female character 180 for the rest of the stages, and then do a reorientation check when coming back again to tease again, when cycling anims?

12 hours ago, Jindale said:

since Mr Handy Tease-stage is aligned, would it be possible to rotate female character 180 for the rest of the stages, and then do a reorientation check when coming back again to tease again, when cycling anims?

So, that is a relevant idea and I can see why you're thinking that way, from a technical perspective.

The situation is, however, that ANY MrHandy animation can be perfectly aligned if used as the 1st animation in any session. It is when the transition happens that the actors become misaligned.

So, if you're feeling scientific and persistent, you can try using [HOME] -> select any single MrHandy anim -> play then exit w/ [END] then repeat

Then you will see that they each work individually

9 minutes ago, Vel W said:

So, if you're feeling scientific and persistent, you can try using [HOME] -> select any single MrHandy anim -> play then exit w/ [END] then repeat

Then you will see that they each work individually

Yeah I know what you're talking about, it's a shame though, such fantastic anims.

18 hours ago, Jindale said:

This is but a suggestion and please do say if it has been tried, but since Mr Handy Tease-stage is aligned, would it be possible to rotate female character 180 for the rest of the stages, and then do a reorientation check when coming back again to tease again, when cycling anims?

You could try to assign the rotation manually for each stage. I have NOOooo idea if it will work with the new AAF... I use an old version , for reasons. LOL

But, if it does, great! If not, ooo well.

<animation id="SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-02Start" frames="500" offset="0,0,0,180:0,0,0,0">

I "believe" the format is "first position" X,Y,Z-height,Z-rotation : "second position" X,Y,Z-height,Z-rotation

Make the change, save and leave your editor open & load the game. Try it, if doesn't work, undo, save and Quick Save/Quick Load to refresh AAF in game. I usually make a quick save and just keep hitting F9 after trying out every edit... aka: (that didn't work, let's try this!)

5 hours ago, Jindale said:

Yeah I know what you're talking about, it's a shame though, such fantastic anims.

I agree those are pretty good. It's not everyday you see something that literally pays so much homage to a truly original concept art:

1987879154_1733131-FalloutFallout_4Mr._HandyNoraSole_SurvivorTarakanovichVintem.thumb.jpg.1527b3a2057683e6f3984fa305ab0d57.jpg

6 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Now that would be a VERY hot arse! hehehehhe

I mean, FO4's modding community has toiled and worked hard to make everything in the wasteland so hot and steamy you'd think everyone is a nuclear bomb

Say, your proposed method up there looks pretty promising.

17 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

<animation id="SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-02Start" frames="500" offset="0,0,0,180:0,0,0,0">

I "believe" the format is "first position" X,Y,Z-height,Z-rotation : "second position" X,Y,Z-height,Z-rotation

Make the change, save and leave your editor open & load the game. Try it, if doesn't work, undo, save and Quick Save/Quick Load to refresh AAF in game. I usually make a quick save and just keep hitting F9 after trying out every edit... aka: (that didn't work, let's try this!)

I use Notepad++. Can you elaborate this a bit more?

Is this like editing the SavageCabbage_animationData_Handy.xml file?? Or something else entirely?

10 minutes ago, Vel W said:

I use Notepad++. Is this like editing the SavageCabbage_animationData_Handy.xml file?? Or something else?

You got it. :)

SavageCabbage_animationData_Handy.xml

Like I said... don't know IF it will work.
I just made a Lesbian version of the facefuck. Now I wanna add another position & move them to a coffee table or ottoman.

13 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

You got it. :)

Like I said... don't know IF it will work.
I just made a Lesbian version of the facefuck. Now I wanna add another position & move them to a coffee table or ottoman.

Very intriguing! So XMLs are quite as modular as I thought they could be. If you can make those other furnitures work with these positions, definitely make for something I'd download

Can you educate me some more, though?

This is what SavageCabbage_animationData_Handy.xml looks like on my end:

image.png.c24bdc86bf7104b43ca57067de16bcb3.png

Does the format look right to you?

I can't quite see the parameters referring to X, Y, Z, positions. Attaching the file here if you need it.

This file was found under Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\AAF

5 minutes ago, Vel W said:

I can't quite see the parameters referring to X, Y, Z, positions. Attaching the file here if you need it.

Change
<animation id="SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-02Start" frames="500">

to

<animation id="SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-02Start" frames="500"  offset="0,0,0,180:0,0,0,0">

All you're adding the is the "offset" data to the animation id string.

3 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Change
<animation id="SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-02Start" frames="500">

to

<animation id="SC-FM-Handy-Floor01-02Start" frames="500"  offset="0,0,0,180:0,0,0,0">

All you're adding the is the "offset" data to the animation id string.

So, first off, thanks for the tips. I see what the codes there are doing and have tried them out. They do exactly what they mean to do (re-position the actors), but the issue remains. I think I should have phrased it better, or chosen a more fitting word.

So, apologies, and, let me try this again.

When I said "misaligned", it is not that the actors are out of place, but rather that, in this set of animations, the woman would progress to the next stage of anims, but the MrHandy would not.

So, say if you start playing from "Floor01-01Tease", then use the "PgDown" key to advance from there, the woman would move into all the correct positions and play the correct animations from "Floor01-01Tease", "Floor01-02Start", "Floor01-03Doggy", etc. But the MrHandy would be stuck on his "Floor01-01Tease" position and animations all the time.

Similarly, if you were to start the sequence from  "Floor01-03Doggy", you can transition forward and back, the woman would always do it right, but the MrHandy would be stuck in place, playing  the "Floor01-03Doggy" animation on loop.

4 hours ago, Vel W said:

Similarly, if you were to start the sequence from  "Floor01-03Doggy", you can transition forward and back, the woman would always do it right, but the MrHandy would be stuck in place, playing  the "Floor01-03Doggy" animation on loop.

I see what you mean!
Yeah that's an engine bug, that can also be triggered by the way a mod "hands off" to AAF, or just outa the blue.  For me it's pretty rare, but I haven't got around to messing with the robot animations.

13 hours ago, izzyknows said:

I see what you mean!
Yeah that's an engine bug, that can also be triggered by the way a mod "hands off" to AAF, or just outa the blue.  For me it's pretty rare, but I haven't got around to messing with the robot animations.

It's a known problem, mentioned when the addition of those animations was originally announced (see the "ABOUT ROBOTS - READ THIS" heading toward the end of the post after all the screenshots):

• 3 weeks later...

i cant get the doglove mod to work i get some errors they are removing position FD-Bed01_DL-05Blowjob due to error. warning 086 anim id FD-Bed01_DL-05Blowjob not found caller position node FD-Bed01_DL-05Blowjob removing position FD-Bed02_DL-06Doggy due to error. warning 086 anim id FD-Bed02_DL-06Doggy not found caller position FD-Bed02_DL-06Doggy everything else works fine please help