On 10/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, mkta said:

i did .. it still crashes

LE: managed to make it work, buffout4, but still have the issue after loading a save game can't save again

LE: managed to isolate a few of xmls. For example game runs fine with SavageCabbage_animationData_BG.xml and/or SavageCabbage_animationData_DLC5.xml  but if i add or leave only SavageCabbage_animationData_Dog.xml or SavageCabbage_animationData.xml  my issue happens

AAFLog.0.log 7.1 kB · 2 downloads AAFLog.1.log 7.13 kB · 0 downloads

Was there ever a fix for this?

8 hours ago, lordofthefries said:

Was there ever a fix for this?

Was it ever actually broken? Most of us (judging from the number of people who mention using this animation pack and don't say they've modified their copy) aren't having any trouble. Odds are it's some combination of this with outdated XML patch mods or selecting options in the FOMOD menu which require other mods you're not actually using.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Odds are it's some combination of this with outdated XML patch mods or selecting options in the FOMOD menu which require other mods you're not actually using.

I'm using the newest UAP and fomod greys out mods that aren't installed, so that couldn't be it. Did some trial and error enabling/disabling animations (didn't touch the AAF folder) and apparently, some animations are okay but others crash the game on startup. ie: Feral Ghoul's BarrelMetal01 works but BenchHighTech01 doesn't. Are there any furniture mods that are required even though it says that they're optional?

So, things were working fine until this week.  Then my game started crashing during loading. It would get to the point of starting the animated sequence at the beginning, and then immediately black screen, then crashing.  Went through my mods, and it seems to crash with either this or torture devices installed, both separately and when installed together.  However, looking in F4Edit, there are no conflicts for either mod showing up.  Nothing seems to touch them, so I can't figure out why the game would crash.  It's possibly another mod causing it, but again, I can find no conflicts.

13 minutes ago, slar said:

So, things were working fine until this week.  Then my game started crashing during loading. It would get to the point of starting the animated sequence at the beginning, and then immediately black screen, then crashing.  Went through my mods, and it seems to crash with either this or torture devices installed, both separately and when installed together.  However, looking in F4Edit, there are no conflicts for either mod showing up.  Nothing seems to touch them, so I can't figure out why the game would crash.  It's possibly another mod causing it, but again, I can find no conflicts.

Did you... I dunno... update any mods this week? Change any settings? Reinstall anything? "Things suddenly stopped working, I don't know why but I think it's this mod" isn't much to go on, honestly. What's starting the animation sequence? Do you have any debug logs (AAF's are a good place to start, it may still be able to write to the papyrus log even if you can't see the screen)? You're sure the "black screen" isn't AAF's fadeout/in feature (try disabling it in the settings INI file)?

8 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Did you... I dunno... update any mods this week? Change any settings? Reinstall anything? "Things suddenly stopped working, I don't know why but I think it's this mod" isn't much to go on, honestly. What's starting the animation sequence? Do you have any debug logs (AAF's are a good place to start, it may still be able to write to the papyrus log even if you can't see the screen)? You're sure the "black screen" isn't AAF's fadeout/in feature (try disabling it in the settings INI file)?

Updated several mods.  Changed no settings.  Never blamed this mod.  It was working fine.  I am assuming it is another mod.  The animation sequence I am referring to is the one that plays at the beginning of the game, when Fallout 4 starts.  The static begins to form on the screen, and then black, and then crash.

AAF never has a chance to start because the game never starts.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone knows which mods might have an issue with Savage Cabbage's animations.

36 minutes ago, slar said:

Updated several mods.  Changed no settings.  Never blamed this mod.  It was working fine.  I am assuming it is another mod.  The animation sequence I am referring to is the one that plays at the beginning of the game, when Fallout 4 starts.  The static begins to form on the screen, and then black, and then crash.

AAF never has a chance to start because the game never starts.

I'm just trying to find out if anyone knows which mods might have an issue with Savage Cabbage's animations.

If you're uninstalling and reinstalling mods then your plugin sort order is probably shuffling a bit. It may not be any direct interaction with this or Torture Devices and just an artifact of what uninstalling them is doing to the ordering of your plugins. Have you tested just disabling SavageCabbage_Animations.esp in your plugins.txt file rather than uninstalling? That should hopefully be less inclined to reorder things and would probably be a more accurate experiment.

39 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

If you're uninstalling and reinstalling mods then your plugin sort order is probably shuffling a bit. It may not be any direct interaction with this or Torture Devices and just an artifact of what uninstalling them is doing to the ordering of your plugins. Have you tested just disabling SavageCabbage_Animations.esp in your plugins.txt file rather than uninstalling? That should hopefully be less inclined to reorder things and would probably be a more accurate experiment.

I didn't uninstall it.  I just unchecked it from the load.  It's one of the updated mods.  I was just hoping to narrow it down.  By unchecking all of those, I was able to start with the animations loading.  I am now in the process of checking each of the updated mods individually.  Major PITA, bu oh well.  Not helped by having to run errands in the middle of the process.  But hey, my mother-in-law has her prescriptions refilled, so that's a plus...  For her.

Update:  Uninstalled and reinstalled every mod I had updated this week.  No dice.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the animations.  No dice.  Started doing the 50-50 process, disabling half my load order to narrow down the suspects.  Worked on the first try, so it was something in the lower half of my load order.  Went to halve those, and noticed that the WRVR Radio mod was active in my mod list.  I had deactivated this mod way back in January of 2020, because it was giving me issues with Recruitable Settlers.  Somehow, it was active again.  Must have accidentely clicked on it while updating my mods on Tuesday.  So, since it had not been active in my load order previously, I unchecked it. 

Success!

Loaded up every other mod i had disabled, and everything runs again.  I did not try to activate this mod.  I hadn't even realized it was still on my drive.  It's removed now.

Apparently it doesn't play well with others, so if anyone else has it, get rid of it now, and save the headache.

6 hours ago, slar said:

Update:  Uninstalled and reinstalled every mod I had updated this week.  No dice.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the animations.  No dice.  Started doing the 50-50 process, disabling half my load order to narrow down the suspects.  Worked on the first try, so it was something in the lower half of my load order.  Went to halve those, and noticed that the WRVR Radio mod was active in my mod list.  I had deactivated this mod way back in January of 2020, because it was giving me issues with Recruitable Settlers.  Somehow, it was active again.  Must have accidentely clicked on it while updating my mods on Tuesday.  So, since it had not been active in my load order previously, I unchecked it. 

Success!

Loaded up every other mod i had disabled, and everything runs again.  I did not try to activate this mod.  I hadn't even realized it was still on my drive.  It's removed now.

Apparently it doesn't play well with others, so if anyone else has it, get rid of it now, and save the headache.

Good advice!

:thumbsup:

Technical question since SC has Feral/human sex. Are the animations tied to the vanilla texture of the in game Ferals? Why ,if using a Feral retexture mod, do those changed Ferals show up as headless vanilla bodies during animations? Is there a way to keep the changed Ferals bodies during sex?  Example: FO3 Feral retextures will revert to headless vanilla Feral bodies during sex..

37 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Technical question since SC has Feral/human sex. Are the animations tied to the vanilla texture of the in game Ferals? Why ,if using a Feral retexture mod, do those changed Ferals show up as headless vanilla bodies during animations? Is there a way to keep the changed Ferals bodies during sex?  Example: FO3 Feral retextures will revert to headless vanilla Feral bodies during sex..

I use Detailed Feral Ghouls (a retexture mod for ferals) and haven't seen any issues with AAF scenes.

Pretty sure the ghoul penis is a separate mesh with its own texture that gets placed onto the vanilla ghoul mesh during scenes.  It shouldn't alter the ghoul body texture at all.

20 hours ago, The Gent said:

Hey is this one of your animations in your pack? https://redgifs.com/watch/blandthirdbongo

18 hours ago, Ulfberto said:

Yeah, that animation naming is def from Savage Cabbage

Upon closer inspection I'm inclined to suspect it may not be

Savage Cabbage's naming convention as of latest version is something like this: "SC-FM-SuperMutant-Floor01-01", terminating at 01-07

The one in that vid is "FSM-Floor03-03", not quite the same, although the level of quality is on par with the chef's, and that female human character certainly looks to be the model of his choice. If it was Cabbage's work tho, why is it not included in the downloadable version here?

Is there someone out there that we don't know? A talented animator other than Savage Cabbage and BP70?

A good find, nonetheless

4 hours ago, Vel W said:

Upon closer inspection I'm inclined to suspect it may not be

Savage Cabbage's naming convention as of latest version is something like this: "SC-FM-SuperMutant-Floor01-01", terminating at 01-07

The one in that vid is "FSM-Floor03-03", not quite the same, although the level of quality is on par with the chef's, and that female human character certainly looks to be the model of his choice. If it was Cabbage's work tho, why is it not included in the downloadable version here?

Is there someone out there that we don't know? A talented animator other than Savage Cabbage and BP70?

A good find, nonetheless

its from SC, i think it might just be from AJ's where he ported furniture anims to be played on ground.

1 hour ago, Ulfberto said:

its from SC, i think it might just be from AJ's where he ported furniture anims to be played on ground.

Thanks for the info. I am admittedly unfamiliar with this AJ person, are those "ported furniture anims" up here on LoversLab or somewhere else??