Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

If they are finally going to try to lock down the modding I would rather them try on a experimental game such as this.

Although a single player open world survival game could potentially have huge adult modding potential.

4 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

it looks like this one is DBA (Dead Before Arrival)

8 million people have modded Skyrim.

Skyrim sold 35 million copies.

4 Million people have modded Fallout 4

Fallout 4 sold 14 million copies.

Mods are not vital to the financial well being of either franchise, and since it's been proven that MTXs will make up continual sales for years, any revenue lost by players not picking it up will likely be covered by people buying MTXs as the console versions of CC have proven via parent's credit cards.

Mods provide aftermarket awareness and goodwill PR, they in no way shape or form make or break either franchise, not even close, not even kinda a little maybe could be shoulda woulda coulda.

Well, its good thing that BGS releases games that don’t require the outside community to create patches and mods to fix all the bugs and other issues that are present when the game releases or else we would all be screwed.  OH WAIT, ‘getting screwed’ is an adult mod, I meant to say we woul

the end of this comment can be accessed by purchasing the Comment Ending Mod from the Creation Club for 800 points

19 minutes ago, Glitterplague said:

Well, its good thing that BGS releases games that don’t require the outside community to create patches and mods to fix all the bugs and other issues that are present when the game releases or else we would all be screwed.  OH WAIT, ‘getting screwed’ is an adult mod, I meant to say we woul

the end of this comment can be accessed by purchasing the Comment Ending Mod from the Creation Club for 800 points

Hmmm.... better make that 801 points, and set it so you can only buy 800 points at a time. Yeah, that seems about right.

52 minutes ago, 27X said:

Mods are not vital to the financial well being of either franchise, and since it's been proven that MTXs will make up continual sales for years, any revenue lost by players not picking it up will likely be covered by people buying MTXs as the console versions of CC have proven via parent's credit cards.

Mods provide aftermarket awareness and goodwill PR, they in no way shape or form make or break either franchise, not even close, not even kinda a little maybe could be shoulda woulda coulda.

Not that I doubt that console sales make up the vast majority of game sales, they would still be wise to acknowledge just how many of the customers 'double-dipped' and even the few which 'triple-dipped', buying new copies on other systems to upgrade their experience either to a moddable form of Skyrim, going from Xbox 360 or PS3 to Xbox One, PS4, PC or Switch.

1 hour ago, protocolk said:

Also the backlash would be too big, I heard there will be an singleplayer mode maybe the no mods apply only fpr the multiplayer

They would be inviting untold thousands of uses of the hashtag #saveplayerone if they tried it and no one wants to be assaulted by hashtags these days, do they?

17 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Not that I doubt that console sales make up the vast majority of game sales, they would still be wise to acknowledge just how many of the customers 'double-dipped' and even the few which 'triple-dipped', buying new copies on other systems to upgrade their experience either to a moddable form of Skyrim, going from Xbox 360 or PS3 to Xbox One, PS4, PC or Switch.

Should and are are two vastly different states, as Pete Hines would enthusiastically attest.

If there will be no mod support for the co-op, due to some online technical issue, that I can understand, although it's incredible lazy. Take the game Vermintide for example. Or more precise the first one. If you didn't had any of the dlc maps, you could still play on them if another person had them and would host. And this was done intentional by the developers. Bethesda could use a similar system here but reversed. Whatever mod you would had installed on your machine, could simply just be invisible for others, unless they have the exact same mods installed.

But no mod for the single player due to the "security, stolen and adult mods", then why even bother support Bethesda at all then. A company who claims to love their fans and being mod friendly in the past suddenly makes a 180 is not to be trusted.

However, that leak could also not be true at all as well, so I think it's to early to speculate anything at this point. But it doesn't hurt be prepared for the worst either I guess.

On 5/29/2018 at 8:17 PM, Choppytehbear said:

The only thing I am expecting is to be disappointed.

The next thing you can expect for sure is no free modding anymore!
on Bethesda's forehead is written in capital letters; Dollars, Dollars and once again Dollars!
from me not a cent more, rather would I do this. :classic_wink:

burning-money-dollars-table-fire-1378245

14 hours ago, 27X said:

Also there's less appeal worldwide about Fallout due to it being 'too American' and its a sci-fi like shooter rather than a fantasy RPG which will always be a hit in Asian countries hence Skyrim looks like a weaboo wet dream on many videos/screenshots.

Lol, I got to see that Reddit post right after it was made. Feels weird for some reason, seeing a "leak" being made in real time and all.

We can all argue and rage on Beth all we want because of this, but supposed leaks are exactly that, supposed. I could have made those up myself for all we know. I think I'll simply wait for the actual E3 reveal and see what happens. Until then, there is no point in going crazy about it because we don't really know if it's real. Just my two cents, though.

The saddest thing is, even if they did go through with the CC-only mods, it wouldn't do anything to kill their sales.  They'll still make bank.  The only thing they'll kill is their games' longevity, and even then, console players can and have still sunk hours into these games rivaling anything a PC player has invested.

We'll have to wait and see what E3 brings since this could all be nonsense, but my pitchfork is at the ready.

13 minutes ago, Destroyah340 said:

If the shit about Creation Club is true, y'all who defended it are responsible for letting Bethesda turn into an EA/Activision clone & I will be boycotting all future content of theirs

I find this a rather unlikely and bs "leak" in my opinion (on the CC part) as Bethesda know full well what the modding community has done for their games, extending the life of them by ten fold. Just to completely ignore that and only opt for CC mods would be a PR nightmare in my opinion and i doubt fans would keep quite about it. Either way, mods will always happen if there is a demand for it. I'd like to see Bethesda try and keep external mods out of their games, especially adult ones. That's if this game is even going to be any good as we know very little about it apart from leaks that can't be trusted or verified, so i'll just wait till E3 to see what this game is about and watch carefully to see if they mention anything that raises any red flags. (Something along the lines of; "Add countless hours to your game with the new and improved CC system! No external mods allowed") I doubt they'll even mention anything about it as it'll probably be met with a boo.

But if this game is in fact a Fallout 4 co-op type thing then i'd like to know how they plan to keep external mods out of the game because i'm no programmer, but Fallout 4 already has means of getting external mods into the game as of right now so i'm not sure how different it'll be unless Bethesda are changing up the whole engine, although the teaser trailer looked exactly like Fallout 4, but still, it'll only take a talented programmer to bypass/reverse engineer the "new engine" and any of Bethesda's defences if they do decide to go down the CC only route. That is if it's popular and it probably will be because they slapped the Fallout tag on to it. Fallout 76 seems like such a placeholder/rushed name to me as they could've named it anything, hell if it's a completely stand-alone game then why even add the Fallout tag to it and just make it a new IP, curious. (for hype/sales i guess or they just didn't want two apocalyptic style IP's.)

11 minutes ago, spoons666 said:

I find this a rather unlikely and bs "leak" in my opinion (on the CC part) as Bethesda know full well what the modding community has done for their games, extending the life of them by ten fold. Just to completely ignore that and only opt for CC mods would be a PR nightmare in my opinion and i doubt fans would keep quite about it. Either way, mods will always happen if there is a demand for it. I'd like to see Bethesda try and keep external mods out of their games, especially adult ones. That's if this game is even going to be any good as we know very little about it apart from leaks that can't be trusted or verified, so i'll just wait till E3 to see what this game is about and watch carefully to see if they mention anything that raises any red flags. (Something along the lines of; "Add countless hours to your game with the new and improved CC system! No external mods allowed") I doubt they'll even mention anything about it as it'll probably be met with a boo.

But if this game is in fact a Fallout 4 co-op type thing then i'd like to know how they plan to keep external mods out of the game because i'm no programmer, but Fallout 4 already has means of getting external mods into the game as of right now so i'm not sure how different it'll be unless Bethesda are changing up the whole engine, although the teaser trailer looked exactly like Fallout 4, but still, it'll only take a talented programmer to bypass/reverse engineer the "new engine" and any of Bethesda's defences if they do decide to go down the CC only route. That is if it's popular and it probably will be because they slapped the Fallout tag on to it. Fallout 76 seems like such a placeholder/rushed name to me as they could've named it anything, hell if it's a completely stand-alone game then why even add the Fallout tag to it and just make it a new IP, curious. (for hype/sales i guess or they just didn't want two apocalyptic style IP's.)

CC was a PR nightmare when it was announced & yet it still stands today. So does every scummy thing game devs & publishers have done minus a rare few like Steam removing lewd anime games or BF2 removing lootboxes (only due to government intervention tho, not gamer outcry).

Nothing gonna stop them from doing it unless gamers pound them with negative publicity harder than these 2 examples. If we fail, we can only hope the Script Extender team or some other group of modders aren't busy & care enough to crack the new engine to allow outside mods.

Archived