Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Mods aren't the base game. Games are rated according to the content they have in them, not for any additional content a random fuckwit decides to add to the game via mods. Modifying the game files is a break of the ToS and that's all. And nobody gives a shit unless you're stupid enough to announce that you're breaking the ToS, which in turn forces the hand of the people that own the IP. Breaking the ToS is only relevant if it includes copyright infringement, bots or cheats. Then they'll come after you.

It's cute that you ask for proof because so far you've delivered none. You just say that you know and then post random links that have nothing to do with what you're claiming, probably because your grasp on the english language is pretty poor. You're the one that's made a claim, so the burden of proof is on you. Any sort of youth protection or age restriction only applies to the base product, not to mods. Since nude mods in online games are entirely client side, it doesn't affect any other player except you.

here is a german forum about Skyrim nude mods!

https://www.elderscrollsportal.de/themen/erlaubt-nude-fsk18-und-nude-barby-doll-gefunden.42098/

Here is an announcement from a game developer, what happens when Nude mods are created for this game!

https://www.t-online.de/spiele/id_72803958/nackt-mod-verbot-team-ninja-droht-mit-aus-fuer-dead-or-alive.html

Penis ban for Conan Exiles

http://www.pcgames.de/Conan-Exiles-Spiel-56548/News/penis-xbox-one-microsoft-survival-rollenspiel-funcom-1222721/

you're right, anyone can modify his game as he pleases, BUT this only applies for games without online compulsion.
with online compulsion are Games monitored here in Germany, a modified game that does not match the original (mods added) will be checked exactly here, especially games under 18+.

the law position is clearly in Germany, and this applies not only for nudity in the game also glorifying violence games, these becomes simply banned!

here the German youth protection law.

http://www.usk.de/fileadmin/documents/2013-12-13_Leitkriterien_USK.pdf

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

here is a german forum about Skyrim nude mods!

https://www.elderscrollsportal.de/themen/erlaubt-nude-fsk18-und-nude-barby-doll-gefunden.42098/

Here is an announcement from a game developer, what happens when Nude mods are created for this game!

https://www.t-online.de/spiele/id_72803958/nackt-mod-verbot-team-ninja-droht-mit-aus-fuer-dead-or-alive.html

Penis ban for Conan Exiles

http://www.pcgames.de/Conan-Exiles-Spiel-56548/News/penis-xbox-one-microsoft-survival-rollenspiel-funcom-1222721/

you're right, anyone can modify his game as he pleases, BUT this only applies for games without online compulsion.
with online compulsion are Games monitored here in Germany, a modified game that does not match the original (mods added) will be checked exactly here, especially games under 18+.

the law position is clearly in Germany, and this applies not only for nudity in the game also glorifying violence games, these becomes simply banned!

here the German youth protection law.

http://www.usk.de/fileadmin/documents/2013-12-13_Leitkriterien_USK.pdf

First link: It's against their forum rules to post vulgar or obscene content. Nothing else.

Second link: A developer asks the community not to create nude mods or else they won't publish their games on PC anymore. However, given that Dead or Alive 6 has a set release date for PC and the fact that nude mods exist for DoA5, this was an empty threat or a simple marketing ploy.

Third link: Microsoft has banned explicit nudity for Age of Conan on the Xbox One. Microsoft as the sole owner and publisher of the Xbox has full control over what gets released and what doesn't. See Sony recently hammering down on Visual Novels.

Fourth Link: No mention of special restrictions for online games. Zero. The only relevant section is 4.12, which roughly translates to nudity, sexuality and depictions of sexual acts being relevant to the rating but have to be understood in the context of the game. Online games also aren't monitored in germany, what the fuck are you talking about? Games and movies banned in germany are still able to be legally purchased and owned. They are not illegal, they're simply heavily restricted in terms of trade and publicity. Unrated games aren't allowed to be displayed openly, but can still be purchased in any shop that sells them if you specifically ask for that game. Banned games are illegal to sell, but not illegal to buy or own, meaning you can simply import them from somewhere else.

Again, stop spreading false information. You have no idea what you're talking about.

39 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

First link: It's against their forum rules to post vulgar or obscene content. Nothing else.

Second link: A developer asks the community not to create nude mods or else they won't publish their games on PC anymore. However, given that Dead or Alive 6 has a set release date for PC and the fact that nude mods exist for DoA5, this was an empty threat or a simple marketing ploy.

Third link: Microsoft has banned explicit nudity for Age of Conan on the Xbox One. Microsoft as the sole owner and publisher of the Xbox has full control over what gets released and what doesn't. See Sony recently hammering down on Visual Novels.

Fourth Link: No mention of special restrictions for online games. Zero. The only relevant section is 4.12, which roughly translates to nudity, sexuality and depictions of sexual acts being relevant to the rating but have to be understood in the context of the game. Online games also aren't monitored in germany, what the fuck are you talking about? Games and movies banned in germany are still able to be legally purchased and owned. They are not illegal, they're simply heavily restricted in terms of trade and publicity. Unrated games aren't allowed to be displayed openly, but can still be purchased in any shop that sells them if you specifically ask for that game. Banned games are illegal to sell, but not illegal to buy or own, meaning you can simply import them from somewhere else.

Again, stop spreading false information. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I have so many evidences that it is forbidden, but from you always comes stupid BlaBla! :classic_laugh:
where is your proof that it is allowed?

https://videogametourism.at/content/gamesnpolitics-videospiel-verbote

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, winny257 said:

I have so many evidences that it is forbidden, but from you always comes stupid BlaBla! :classic_laugh:

Reveal hidden contents

in the second paragraph of what you just linked is 

"Although the game is not officially prohibited, it may not be advertised in the federal republic" (i used a translator so maybe it didn't translate 100% correctly)

these games/movies/etc are not banned in the traditional sense, just harder to get ahold of from what i can tell. EA just chose not to put it on the german market, even though it did not get banned 

and that article even states it's not prohibited right off the bat

the definition of prohibited is "that has been forbidden; banned."

49 minutes ago, winny257 said:

I'm tired of your antics. Instead of just spamming links THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING just directly quote the part that you think is proof for your claim. You just talk shit all the time and expect others to check your """evidence""", something which you obviously don't even do yourself otherwise you'd notice that nothing of which you've said is mirrored by your source in any way. In fact, you even post links to articles that DIRECTLY CONTRADICT what you're saying. You probably just click on random google results in german hoping that nobody here understands german and gives you the benefit of the doubt.

41 minutes ago, namiichan said:

in the second paragraph of what you just linked is 

"Although the game is not officially prohibited, it may not be advertised in the federal republic" (i used a translator so maybe it didn't translate 100% correctly)

these games/movies/etc are not banned in the traditional sense, just harder to get ahold of from what i can tell. EA just chose not to put it on the german market, even though it did not get banned 

and that article even states it's not prohibited right off the bat

the definition of prohibited is "that has been forbidden; banned."

They did, but the authorities refused to give the game a rating. Which makes it unrated (or indexed), meaning that it can be freely sold to people above the age of 18, but neither can it be displayed on shelves nor can it be advertised for. All that will obviously affect sales, so publishers tend to self-censor their games sometimes to avoid being labeled as unrated. It's effectively enforcing censorship without technically enforcing it. Games can also be eglible for bans in germany, but again, this only affects selling and advertising, not buying and owning.

Just now, GrimReaper said:

They did, but the authorties refused to give the game a rating. Which makes it unrated (or indexed), meaning that it can be freely sold to people above the age of 18, but neither can it be displayed on shelves nor can it be advertised for. All that will obviously affect sales, so publishers tend to self-censor their games sometimes to avoid being labeled as unrated. It's effectively enforcing censorship without technically enforcing it. Games can also be eglible for bans in germany, but again, this only affects selling and advertising, not buying and owning.

ah okay, i guess i was sorta close then 

i must've misread the article 

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

I'm tired of your antics. Instead of just spamming links THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU'RE SAYING just directly quote the part that you think is proof for your claim. You just talk shit all the time and expect others to check your """evidence""", something which you obviously don't even do yourself otherwise you'd notice that nothing of which you've said is mirrored by your source in any way. In fact, you even post links to articles that DIRECTLY CONTRADICT what you're saying. You probably just click on random google results in german hoping that nobody here understands german and gives you the benefit of the doubt.

I am German and I know the legal situation closely and when I say, nudity in a non-adult game is prohibited, then this is the case.
if you claim otherwise, then you're in the evidence obligatory!

1 hour ago, winny257 said:

I am German and I know the legal situation closely and when I say, nudity in a non-adult game is prohibited, then this is the case.
if you claim otherwise, then you're in the evidence obligatory!

Just being german doesn't mean that you know the laws and regulations inside out, otherwise lawyers wouldn't be necessary. So no, what you say is of no significance whatsoever, what the laws say is what counts. And you don't seem to know your laws very well. I can't prove the non-existence of something. I can't point you to a law or regulation that doesn't exist, obviously.

Edit: well would you look at that - https://books.google.jp/books?id=Rref3wDAS04C&pg=PA105&dq=jugendschutzgesetz+mods&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgsaP0ud_eAhVEyaQKHQdtBHkQ6AEILTAA#v=onepage&q=jugendschutzgesetz mods&f=false

turns out you're full of nonsense, who would've though eh

Anyway I won't respond to you any further, this whole shitshow isn't worth derailing the thread any more than I already did.

Hi everyone! My thread on this topic got merged with this thread but I can't find it, so I might try again here -

With the response it's kinda deservedly gotten who knows how far FO76 modding will go, but I was able to get a FO4 Bodyslide body imported into FO76 using the Baka File Tool - mesh and most of the texture maps work, but there's some aspects of it that aren't working right - thought it was the normal map but I'm kind of suspecting there's some new stuff in the FO76 .nifs themselves that's not there in this one, causing the weird, segmented lighting here as well? Anyone got any idea what might be going on here?

Photo_2018-11-15-101806.png.d6ef6ea668b536db94922645ba23e171.pngPhoto_2018-11-15-101825.png.1e248f90a78e69d5be6bd3874ff0b0e4.pngPhoto_2018-11-15-105707.png.69aeca591a5f65dafaf794516e2394f2.pngPhoto_2018-11-15-105711.png.8577b02d38565789bdce1918bdff27d4.pngfemalebody_n.thumb.jpg.1750360bf38289f5c53a404be4038e10.jpg

2 hours ago, WeirdnessUltima said:

Hi everyone! My thread on this topic got merged with this thread but I can't find it, so I might try again here -

With the response it's kinda deservedly gotten who knows how far FO76 modding will go, but I was able to get a FO4 Bodyslide body imported into FO76 using the Baka File Tool - mesh and most of the texture maps work, but there's some aspects of it that aren't working right - thought it was the normal map but I'm kind of suspecting there's some new stuff in the FO76 .nifs themselves that's not there in this one, causing the weird, segmented lighting here as well? Anyone got any idea what might be going on here?

Photo_2018-11-15-101806.png.d6ef6ea668b536db94922645ba23e171.pngPhoto_2018-11-15-101825.png.1e248f90a78e69d5be6bd3874ff0b0e4.pngPhoto_2018-11-15-105707.png.69aeca591a5f65dafaf794516e2394f2.pngPhoto_2018-11-15-105711.png.8577b02d38565789bdce1918bdff27d4.pngfemalebody_n.thumb.jpg.1750360bf38289f5c53a404be4038e10.jpg

This game could use a good nude mod and slut armor mod!

24 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

@FauxFurry ?

Those two videos pretty much sum up the things I've read and heard from actual players of FO76. It's a horrible game and enough to make them want to wreck the stores that sold it to them. Who wants to bet that it still sells well during the holiday shopping season? ?

Personally if something makes me that violent, I think I need therapy, I don't think I can blame the game no matter how bad it is.

What do people expect when they try return stuff without any proof of purchase? He could have brought it anywhere else or stole it for all we know.

Here is a honest brief review of me. I typically play MMO's and Bethesda games only for my single player fix.  I've loved fallout in all it's versions, to include NV when it first came out and was constantly crashing/corrupting save files. I rank fallout games in this order of "fun" for me to play....Fallout NV > Fallout 3 > Fallout 4 > Fallout 1 > Fallout 2. My playstyle? I am a explorer. I'm the guy who explores every store in every town, and takes SS's of the cool little displays the Dev's leave for us to study. I also end up trying to do every quest in the game, and will often do the side quests before finishing the main quest.

I own Fallout 76 and I've put in over 82 hours into it since it released. My verdict? I like it every bit as much as Fallout 3. As a explorer this game was made for me. I run around and "figure out" what happened. Instead of NPC's you have holotapes or robots filling in the roles. So you have the same basic quests, only instead of a face it's a tape. You now get "world" quests that you auto join when you get close enough to them, and it auto drops if you leave the area. The enemies are some old/some new, with some of the new ones having a pretty cool look and a welcome addition. The weapons have expanded a ton. I'm having a lot of fun "discovering" the new weapons we get. I have very limited experience with legendary weapons though so no clue how much is really out there.

This world is massive. Double Fallout 4 probably or close to it (the original game, not FO4 + DLC's). I've only seen probably half of the world space so far playing all day, every day.

Fallout 76 has almost the exact same bugs that FO4 released with, and they are just as annoying now. They do seem to be patching the game, and it's very annoying if you want to play while they are "patching" the servers because you can't.

The new "Special" system is totally different but cool. I'm a fan of it so far, though I'm worried because @ lvl 50 I believe you stop getting a new card every level and only get 4 cards every 5 levels. As things are random, this means there's a lot of RNG to getting "all the cards you want". I'm at level 47 and there's still at least 10 cards I'd love to have but I can only select 3 of those 10 for sure in the next 3 levels and am forced to "hope" for good RNG to get the other 7+ I'd like to have.

Other players in the world can be very annoying. If you happen to hit a area just after someone else, then all the doors will be picked for you, all the safes, etc. This can be a issue for world spawn loot as that loot is first come first served with you being forced to wait for it to respawn or accept that you didn't get first pick on any items laying on the ground. The good news is that any items in chests/safes/desks/etc are "instanced" to you. So you still get the majority of the loot even going through a place that's just been picked over, you just won't get all of it. PVP has been a non-issue for me. A guy ran up to me once and shot at me, so I shot back and killed him. He then respawned and came back and killed me. I said nope to this and selected the option it gives you to "ignore" him and move on...rendering him unable to PVP me again. 

This game has a ton of potential just like all the other fallout games do. The best I could hope for? A slutty/nude/slave driven world where someone replaces the feral ghouls with sexy raider bodies, makes all the armor in the game sexy, and introduces all the best mods we have here on Loverslab for me to not only play with, but to interact with other gamers in this world with. I imagine being a slave or having another player as a slave, and all the fun that could introduce with Loverslab's mod's paving the way to year of fun!

What's the worst I dread? That Bethesda doesn't let us mod this game at all, or no one wants to mod this game at all, and so it stays Vanilla. Which means I'm going to have a lot of fun playing it 1-3 playthroughs, but after that I'll likely get bored of it. Hope that helps any of you wondering about this game.

15 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

@FauxFurry ?

Those two videos pretty much sum up the things I've read and heard from actual players of FO76. It's a horrible game and enough to make them want to wreck the stores that sold it to them. Who wants to bet that it still sells well during the holiday shopping season? ?

So a mentally unstable manchild who throws a tantrum in a store is good? I suppose as long as it affects the right people it's all well and good. That'll show dem ebil Todd Howard! Oh right, it didn't cause trouble for anybody except the people working a shitty retail job in that store. The hivemind mentality is quite disturbing sometimes. People cheer for violent retards and reviewers who try to get a more nuanced review of the game get bombarded with dislikes and insults. Truly a proud moment for all gamers.

I think most people left Fallout 4 after a few dozen hours, becase if they didn't they would have remembered right away the rigid animations, enemies t-posing, streched meshes, the naked power armor bug and so on that are the landmarks of Bethesda's Gamebryo implementation. Skyrim, Fallout 4 and this one are so painfully similar in terms of look and feel that is undeniable the studio needs to come up with a new engine right away or at least make a radical overhaul. Just look at the characters and compare them with the games recently released, they are shamefully oudated.

17 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Personally if something makes me that violent, I think I need therapy, I don't think I can blame the game no matter how bad it is.

What do people expect when they try return stuff without any proof of purchase? He could have brought it anywhere else or stole it for all we know.

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

So a mentally unstable manchild who throws a tantrum in a store is good? I suppose as long as it affects the right people it's all well and good. That'll show dem ebil Todd Howard! Oh right, it didn't cause trouble for anybody except the people working a shitty retail job in that store. The hivemind mentality is quite disturbing sometimes. People cheer for violent retards and reviewers who try to get a more nuanced review of the game get bombarded with dislikes and insults. Truly a proud moment for all gamers.

I was not laughing at the guy wrecking the store. Rather I was laughing at how it reflected the feelings others who bought the game. It makes them want to wreck the stores that sold them their copies because it's such a disappointment. And I agree with the reviewer about GameStop's antiquated return policy, but the guy who threw a fit crossed a line even in my eyes.

As well, the first video showing the reactions of players to FO76 was more humorous IMO. The sheer disappointment in how various things are handled, the worthless building (what good are gun turrets if they can't stop a mole rat?), the still-highly buggy state of the game. If those people were truly Bugthesda fans, they should have known the game would not be ready at launch. None of their games ever are.

And people say I take things too literally. :classic_wacko:

EDIT: YouTube took down the first video, so of course people are going to misinterpret what I post. :classic_rolleyes:

22 hours ago, WeirdnessUltima said:

Which of the ton of .ba2 archives did you extract to switch in the meshes and textures? 

I bought the game and am going to try it for myself to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is. I still think half the people screaming about are just doing it for the same reason a dog licks his balls: because he can. Call me defending the game all you want but people should really try something before they use someone else's opinion as their own. Don't be sheep.

On 11/19/2018 at 4:32 PM, WeirdnessUltima said:

The specular map has changed and a new reflection map was added.  Textures will need to be updated to match. I don’t know any more than that since I rarely ever handle texturing. 

6 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I was not laughing at the guy wrecking the store. Rather I was laughing at how it reflected the feelings others who bought the game. It makes them want to wreck the stores that sold them their copies because it's such a disappointment. And I agree with the reviewer about GameStop's antiquated return policy, but the guy who threw a fit crossed a line even in my eyes.

As well, the first video showing the reactions of players to FO76 was more humorous IMO. The sheer disappointment in how various things are handled, the worthless building (what good are gun turrets if they can't stop a mole rat?), the still-highly buggy state of the game. If those people were truly Bugthesda fans, they should have known the game would not be ready at launch. None of their games ever are.

And people say I take things too literally. :classic_wacko:

EDIT: YouTube took down the first video, so of course people are going to misinterpret what I post. :classic_rolleyes:

No, I don't think a grown man who has a temper tantrum like a spoiled brat reflects or represents anything. At least I hope so. 'Crossed a line' yeah that's a nice way to sugar-coat vandalism eh. People will eat up any shit as long as they feel that their opinion is validated. There are people who play and enjoy FO76, but those get screamed down by the hivemind. It's not that people want to know if they would enjoy the game or not, it's simply about 'owning' Bethesda because they dared to make an online survival crafting-shit game. I've seen videos with blatant misinformation about 76 but nobody really cares. Your favorite influencer says it's shit and that's all that matters.

Archived