Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

I think Pete Hines came up and acted like he spiked the Nuka Cola soda (didn't know that was still around). But that was HOURS ago.

So far nothing though besides a dabbing puppet which made a brain cell commit suicide. Kind of don't want to watch anymore after 5 hours but something about this is making me want to keep watching.

I was reading on Reddit and someone made a post that makes since. If they follow what they did for FO4, it wont be until tomorrow for the announcement. This person posted the videos from Bethesda's Twitch archive and it showed FO4's please stand by for 18 hours.

Here is the link someone posted  2GIlK76.jpg

Seems a bit much for a Switch port, but that's what my money's on.

Underdog bet is it's a non-Obsidian spinoff ala New Vegas, which feels unlikely, but would be more in line with the hype they're trying to build here.

15 minutes ago, Dallas-Arbiter said:

I've noticed something, the watch is showing the wrong time. It's 6:55 am where I am, it's 7:55 in Rockville MD, where Bethesda's offices are. Yet the watch says 9:37 (ish).

they need a lot of spectators, flushes money into their pockets, for me, this live stream is a source of income for Bethesda. :classic_wink:

dollar-signs.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

So, still nothing has happened?

Customer trolling level: EA ?

Well, that's unfair. EA doesn't troll their customers, they hate them.

Anyway, someone else sepculated that the stream will go on like this until E3. Seems all the more probable each passing moment. They had the "Please stand by" website up for quite a while before Fallout 4 release too.

Edit: Well, there's something on the official site: https://bethesda.net/en/article/679r4grSp2IckQk4Ac2yKO/fallout-76-official-teaser-trailer

...Dammit, they got me again! ?

So, will this be a prequel to the previous games? While I would like to see a proper apocalyptic story rather than a post-apocalyptic one (or post-post-apocalypse), Fallout might not be the right franchise for such a thing as it could end up answering questions better left unanswered to maintain some sense of mystery, especially if what the writing staff provides isn't as interesting as fan theories. 

They might as well make an official Solo: A Star Wars Story game if they did that.

Gotta be honest, looks like a Fallout 4 DLC, even though I don't think it is (although I can't find information anywhere, that says or confirms that this is a seperate game).

Can't imagine they changed much since Fallout 4 engine wise, so in terms of modding I can't help but feel like all this is gonna do is split the modding community kind of like they did with Skyrim and Skyrim SE.

I would actually prefer if this was just a Fallout 4 DLC, but them still being active on Fallout 4 wouldn't mean they finally fix some of the massive bugs that still exist to this day, so I'm not all that excited either way.

I hope its not another new engine for Fallout so we have to wait or a new CK and create all the mods  again including the animations kerfuffle .

If its a prequel we will miss a lot of the fun things like critters including Deathclaws and Ghouls etc

51 minutes ago, protocolk said:

Also there are some dreadfull rumors that itll be online

I wouldn't put it past Bugthesda to do just that.

Given the sorry state of FO4 modding thanks to the CC and a CK that was never completed, I can't say I'm excited about this. That's assuming we can even mod this title. Cynicism has proven to be the best defense against disappointment with them, unfortunately.

I don't think the game will be online. The Trailer looks like it's been done with an updated version of the Fallout 4 engine. I assume for a real online/MMO game you need to build a new engine.

They didn't use the Skyrim engine for ESO either, so I doubt there will be more than like a coop or so.

Archived