[Question]What was your most disapointing/dumbest quest you have done?

21 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I just kill the guy as soon as he's cut down, preferably with a weapon with the soul trap enchantment and a black soul gem.

Ā 

I kill him too. But the thing at this point is that you HAVE to run into his trick. I wish so much that I could kill him without freeing him. Or let him get eaten by the spider. ?

And of course the whole quest. Every time you start a new game. Every. Time.

Weapons and rare quest weapons I always though was underwhelming... One that just reminded me was the quest the "cursed tribe" where you help a tribe of Orcs and for the reward you get Volendrung " The Hammer of Might" http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Volendrung

When I first received this weapon I thought is was really cool as it looks bad ass but that is where the "coolness" ends. The hammer is outclassed by many vanilla weapons and why does the "Hammer of Might" suck was this not the famed hammer that named Hammerfell http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Volendrung ? How can such a historic weapon be nothing more than a wall hanging display hardly worth taking into battle as a bandit blade-master will cut you to ribbons before you evenĀ  hit them with this slow and under-powered "Hammer of Might". I know many will say it has a huge 50 point stamina absorption but that means little as you can do "power attacks" with just one point of stamina. and going against a enemy with 800 hp who wields a faster weapon all but means your fertilizer.

"R.I.P Here rests the Dragon-born who relied on a weapons that only looked cool"

Ā 

5 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

Weapons and rare quest weapons I always though was underwhelming... One that just reminded me was the quest the "cursed tribe" where you help a tribe of Orcs and for the reward you get Volendrung " The Hammer of Might" http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Volendrung

When I first received this weapon I thought is was really cool as it looks bad ass but that is where the "coolness" ends. The hammer is outclassed by many vanilla weapons and why does the "Hammer of Might" suck was this not the famed hammer that named Hammerfell http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Volendrung ? How can such a historic weapon be nothing more than a wall hanging display hardly worth taking into battle as a bandit blade-master will cut you to ribbons before you evenĀ  hit them with this slow and under-powered "Hammer of Might". I know many will say it has a huge 50 point stamina absorption but that means little as you can do "power attacks" with just one point of stamina. and going against a enemy with 800 hp who wields a faster weapon all but means your fertilizer.

"R.I.P Here rests the Dragon-born who relied on a weapons that only looked cool"

Ā 

This is the same kind of problem Dawnbreaker and the others have. Bethesda linked the items to your level when you complete the quest, so doing it too early results in a lower powered weapon. The Nightingale armor and other quest rewarded stuff is the same, with as many as 5 copies of the item visible in the CK with increasing benefits.

Ā 

Some of the crafting mods and overhauls have helped with this, letting you upgrade the relic level items as your level increases.Ā  Probably a well meaning way to balance the game instead of giving you an end game type weapon at level 10, leading to cheese tactics to get an over powered item early.

1 hour ago, karlpaws said:

Ā 

Some of the crafting mods and overhauls have helped with this, letting you upgrade the relic level items as your level increases.Ā  Probably a well meaning way to balance the game instead of giving you an end game type weapon at level 10, leading to cheese tactics to get an over powered item early.

I understand balance but probably be around level 30 or so when you find this quest/weapon in a normal play-through maybe higher as one quest item needed is a Deadra heart they are extremely rare early in game.....Ā  I would have liked to seen Volendrung have something like the giants club effect where there is a small chance to send an opponent flying or shake the ground on a miss as it is the "hammer of might" so it should be just that mighty :)

4 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

I understand balance but probably be around level 30 or so when you find this quest/weapon in a normal play-through maybe higher as one quest item needed is a Deadra heart they are extremely rare early in game.....Ā  I would have liked to seen Volendrung have something like the giants club effect where there is a small chance to send an opponent flying or shake the ground on a miss as it is the "hammer of might" so it should be just that mighty :)

There are a few ways to get a Daedra Heart early - like getting the one in Jorvaskr, or perhaps in the Soul Carin, or even from random drops(which may be only seen with a modded game, I'm not sure).Ā 

Ā 

But I get the point. Though there also are mods to greatly enhance the effects of these artifacts, along with some mods even changing the price. This mod, Zim's Immersive Artifacts, changes the effects, the price of the items(to a very large amount for most of the Daedric items), and deals with the majority of such special items in the game.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

So I am going to add to this tell me what you think or experienced.... After playing for more hours than I care to admit I have found doing the main quest line in skyrim makes the game buggy as shit... What do I mean? simple when I play I use alternate start as do most who has played for a while... So I find myself when I do not play "the dragon-born" my game is pretty smooth few quirks here and there but its skyrim. Now when I play as dragon-born my game is totally different and does not run nearly as well as when I don't. It seems dragons and shouts really fuck the game up nothing will drop frame rate faster than a dragon who flies over two load cells wtf... So have you experienced this?

On 5/30/2018 at 6:03 AM, FauxFurry said:

The most disappointing thing about many of the quests is the potential for what they could have become had there been a stronger director at the helm to keep the people at BGS on-track, discouraging them from biting off more than they could chew by trying to write too many quests with intersecting bits as they could so they could just polish what they already had. If they did, they could have gotten the Thieves Guild quest done right by their best writers instead of it being the farmed-out mess that it was.

Ā 

Mods like Cutting Room Floor and the Opening Scene OverhaulĀ help to make it clearerĀ how much they cut out of the game to get it to work properly on time and on console systems.

Ā 

This echos my sentiments almost perfectly. I love the changes made in OSO, it's only too bad that OSO is incompatible with AL-LAL.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

I guess probably the most disappointing questline I've done is the Slaverun enslaved main questline. After the Riften quests it went so off the deep end into uber-hardcore content it ceased to be erotic in any way to me and became an endurance test to get through until I finally gave up. It become all about animal piss, vore, hardcore incest, cannibalism.... I just wanted a crazy bondage adventure about enslaving the women of Skyrim, not listening to the slavers talk in length about how awesome it was going to be when they put my PC on a spit and ate her flesh. Yeah I know you talk them out of it in the end but.... no, just no. I draw no kinkiness from such things and didn't feel like sticking around to the likely end where I'm guessing I'd have to watch a cutscene of them going Texas Chainsaw Massacre buffet on some NPC.

2 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

disappointing questline I've done is the Slaverun enslaved

Yeah not my cup of tea most mods like that have huge dependencies that I don't want..... Found some really good quest mods but for me the best quest mods have no dependencies out side of all the DLCs..... One I have never been able to get work isĀ  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87681?

I have tried but have never got it to work looks amazing in videos.

Archived