Cynical Brit/Total Biscuit died

nonusnomeni

11 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

random unknown people dying

Yeah... just because you don't know about him doesn't mean he is some random unknown person.

He was very will known among the gaming community, well liked and well respected. Many people here on LL will miss him.

1 hour ago, TheWhite said:

So...? Not saying they can't post what they want. Not everyone knows people you know.

You may not be intending it, but it does sound like you are implying it.

4 hours ago, TheWhite said:

Never heard of this person.

I only know a few ways to take your original post...

1) Never heard of this person. Who are they? Why should I care about them?

2) Never heard of this person, you shouldn't have wasted my time with this post.

I know there are other reasons to make the post, so I'm operating under the assumption that I misunderstood your post. Could I have a little clarification please?

Text does such a horrible job of carrying tone that misunderstandings are very easy.

Total Biscuit was a gaming commentator and a game critic on YouTube probably most known for his "WTF..." series. Where he would go to great lengths to showcase a game.

Everything from options to gameplay. He was for the most part a huge advocate for the PC platform and for gamers in general.

45 minutes ago, coldblackcoffee said:

sorry not proper grammar. i was mention ray, raywilliamjohnson the one from equals three. *gave me a short heartattack in there.

Okay I see. 

He was one of, if not THE biggest gaming critics and pro-consumer advocates on youtube. He gave the spotlight to a lot of indie games, pretty much saved warframe and constantly fought for the consumer.

Everytime the US government went for Net Neutrality he would try to make everyone aware of why it was a bad idea. He went off on loot boxes, pre-orders... pretty much every anti-consumer bullshit gaming publishers had pushed.

If he had still been in health you can bet your arse he would have been nailing EA to the wall over the paid lootboxes and bethesda over the creation club.

He started his own E-Sports team, casted star craft 2 tournaments, set up his own damn tournament,

Gamers just lost one of their biggest voices, he man pushed like hell to have games be considered respectable and for gamers to be taken seriously.

It says a lot about important TB was to gaming when most of the gaming community, the youtube gaming community and even game studios themselves are grieving.

TB is a damn legend.

6 minutes ago, TheWhite said:

Where in the world do you see me implying it?

2 hours ago, TheWhite said:

I could say I never quite understood the motivation people have to open threads about random unknown people dying.

That's where I got it from, but I see what you were going for now.

I don't believe I'm biased, but I DO believe I'm touchy about this subject - even more so for TB. 

You have my apologies!

1 hour ago, MonkeyShoulder said:

Gamers just lost one of their biggest voices, he man pushed like hell to have games be considered respectable and for gamers to be taken seriously.

A man after my own heart. I am ashamed I didn't at least know of him...and I am sorry for his passing.

13 minutes ago, Evilynn said:

That's where I got it from, but I see what you were going for now.

I don't believe I'm biased, but I DO believe I'm touchy about this subject - even more so for TB. 

You have my apologies!

I wouldn't believe in my wildest dreams that I would be defending TheWhite but I believe she has the right of it. I understood her post to mean: I'm sorry to hear that this person died and could you tell me some more about him so I can understand your grieving better? Fortunately, I believe that CynicalMisanthrope and especially MonkeyShoulder have addressed this.

RIP man.

What I found incredible disgusting and disrespectful is how some SJW's and other worthless mouth breathers is now laughing and feel really good about all this.

TB has always been a ally to certain feminism and a friend of LGBT, but just because of his involvement with Gamergate (which I admit I don't know much about, other than it was supposed to be some revolt surrounding corruption in gaming journalism) some snowflakes started to shit-talk because Gamergate was "sexist" and for him it didn't matter what gender you had. Because he believed in the message behind Gamergate (ethical gaming journalism).

So Donald Trump is not allowed to block harassers, trolls and other useless idiots on Twitter, but these cancerous fucks are allowed to laugh and gloat at this?

Alright then. Good stuff.

I hope Genna Bain stays strong and RIP TB.

He was the voice fer pro consumer practices afore we had Jim and Yongyea, champion of indie games (I imagine warframe in particular owes him a lot), was never into Starcraft but I gather he was fucking huge on that scene too, and pretty much the go-to commentator for anything Blizzard. Hell he got his start with Blizzard, on a tiny podcast thingy on warcraft radio called "Blue Pls!" Want to see him at his best youtube any "WTF is..?" or " I will now rant about <insert topic here> for an hour", want to see him at his funniest hunt down the Terraria playthrough with Jesse Cox. I mostly remember him as the angry troll frost-mage in our Wintergrasp battlegrounds.

I'll admit I haven't kept up with his channels in a long time. Just watched the last "Wtf is.." ever uploaded and bloody hell, the difference in his voice is just....fuck cancer :[.

Gonna import me some Newcastle Brown from the olde homeland and lift a tankard to 'im.

3 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

His widow Jenna is the one minding his accounts from here on out.

I was talking about bringing him back to life but I can see how you would arrive to that conclusion. The guy had a good taste in games so it will be hard to fill those large British shoes of his.

7 hours ago, TheWhite said:

I did. Still doesn't change the fact I never heard of this person.

I have to say, I find your behavior in this thread very disrespectful. Someone who was important (to varying degrees of course) to many just died and you go on ahead and make it all about yourself. As if you not knowing about said person was somehow relevant or important enough to communicate this in the very thread that is dedicated to the passing of this very person.

Archived