RSE Compatibility Patches [OBSOLETE]

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, Hanaxar said:

Bad news... It's beyond my skills, sorry mate.

That mod adds a 'fake sleep quest', triggers a dozen of scripts and adds/removes player to some factions like '_HST_SleepMateFaction' or '_HST_NearbyLoverFaction'...

It doesn't use game's sleep mechanics and fakes the sleep. It's incompatible with RSE in so many levels.

Edit:

After so much pessimism I can say that: Maybe just maybe, if I can edit one of the scripts and add some code to reset RSE's sleep timer and remove sleep debuffs, this may work. But I have a vague idea to what to do, I really have to work on this. It'll be a good exercise, it's on my whiteboard now.

Hello, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you had any success with the Sleep Together Anywhere mod? ?

11 hours ago, TheShadowHunter said:

Hello, sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you had any success with the Sleep Together Anywhere mod? ?

I'm not yet there, this one is a little bit complicated. I still have much to learn. Currently I'm training CK. I'll do it eventually. Maybe in a month or 3 months, that I dunno... But not sooner.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm just waiting a stable version. Horizon was updated 4 times in last two days. I'll wait 2 or 3 days, if there are no updates anymore, I'll update my patches. I currently done most of the work but I don't want to recheck everything with every update over and over.

Tl;dr this weekend you can play with patched Horizon. ?

Thanks for the update. Not sure if I will use it with Horizon. My test game was pretty unstable to the point of freezing and crashing in combat. For the best I guess, Gives me a reason to mess around with the new quests, companions, and faction overhauls since I last played.

Which RSE would you recommend I give a go? I messed around with both versions a few weeks ago but nothing long term. Just curious which one is the most stable. I'll be taking advantage of a few of those patches for sure though. Saves me the trouble of patching it in for VIS myself.

7 hours ago, CraftyGremlin said:

Thanks for the update. Not sure if I will use it with Horizon. My test game was pretty unstable to the point of freezing and crashing in combat. For the best I guess, Gives me a reason to mess around with the new quests, companions, and faction overhauls since I last played.

Which RSE would you recommend I give a go? I messed around with both versions a few weeks ago but nothing long term. Just curious which one is the most stable. I'll be taking advantage of a few of those patches for sure though. Saves me the trouble of patching it in for VIS myself.

My favourite mods are RSE, Horizon, Sim Settlements, Rise of the Commonwealth and NAC. I can give up all other mods but not these. Just saying.

1 hour ago, Hanaxar said:

My favourite mods are RSE, Horizon, Sim Settlements, Rise of the Commonwealth and NAC. I can give up all other mods but not these. Just saying.

I'm the same way with Horizon and Sim Settlements when it doesn't crash my game into the ground. I am partial to True Storms and Visceral ENB for it too. Would you recommend AAF or FP for RSE. I spent some time messing with both of them but nothing long term. So I can't speak for how stable they might be as the game progresses.

3 hours ago, CraftyGremlin said:

I'm the same way with Horizon and Sim Settlements when it doesn't crash my game into the ground. I am partial to True Storms and Visceral ENB for it too. Would you recommend AAF or FP for RSE. I spent some time messing with both of them but nothing long term. So I can't speak for how stable they might be as the game progresses.

FP RSE version is faster and more stable because FP is stable... But it lacks animation variety. It has only leito and crazy animations, total 3 anim packs. And development of FP is terminated. So it won't have new animations or new features implemented anymore for sure.

AAF is still under development, it still needs a solid smoothing tho (with a sledgehammer!..) It's able to load a lot of anim packs. (Actually 10-12 packs in total. In FO4 we don't have much anim packs like Skyrim. But there are some variety like super mutant threesomes etc..) AAF undresses and loads animations slower compared to FP. Usually you'll have to wait 10 to 20 secs when RSE kicks a sex event... With FP it's almost instantly. And also if you choose to go AAF path you'll have to install a lot of requirements like animation position tags... And they're updated constantly so you'll find yourself updating your mods all the time (like 3-4 times a week) AAF RSE will have more animations with a cost of stability. AAF RSE can be sometimes wonky but it's because of AAF usually.

So that's it. I'm using FP version. I never liked AAF framework and the way handling animations TBH (making the player invisible and creating a doppelganger, that seemed always problematic to me) but that's my personal tastes and preferences.

I can not recommend one or other, that'll be your call.

Anyways I strongly recommend to subscribe RSE discord:

https://discord.gg/a76DNzv

You'll find Paeantrix's installation guides on RSE channel pinned messages. They'll be very helpful.

53 minutes ago, Hanaxar said:

FP RSE version is faster and more stable because FP is stable... But it lacks animation variety. It has only leito and crazy animations, total 3 anim packs. And development of FP is terminated. So it won't have any more animations or features implemented anymore for sure.

AAF is still under development, it still needs a solid smoothing tho (with a sledgehammer!..) It's able to load a lot of anim packs. (Actually 10-12 packs in total. In FO4 we don't have much anim packs like Skyrim. But there are some variety like super mutant threesomes etc..) AAF undresses and loads animations slower compared to FP. Usually you'll have to wait 10 to 20 secs when RSE kicks an sex event... With FP it's almost instantly. And also if you choose to go AAF path you'll have to install a lot of requirements like animation position tags... And they're updated constantly so you'll find yourself updating your mods all the time (like 3-4 times a week) AAF RSE will have more animations with a cost of stability. AAF RSE can be sometimes wonky but it's because of AAF usually.

So that's it. I'm using FP version. I never liked AAF framework and the way handling animations TBH (making the player invisible and creating a doppelganger, that seemed always problematic to me) but that's my personal tastes and preferences.

I can not recommend one or other, that'll be your call.

Anyways I strongly recommend to subscribe RSE discord:

https://discord.gg/a76DNzv

You'll find Paeantrix's installation guides on RSE channel pinned messages. They'll be very helpful.

Thanks for the help. I did notice AAF was way slower next to my FP profile in MO2. I noticed some glaring problems with both of them but AAF annoyed me the most. The slow response time of AAF and dead development for FP for one. I'll give FP RSE a go, AAF for me seems to be the thing you go to pose for pictures. In my test with AAF RSE I got to the point it took well over two minutes to just undress for basic needs and I just alt-f4'ed out.

I was just curious how they ran after extended periods and with the save bloating that plagues that awful engine in every game.

• 1 month later...

If I may ask a question - I apologize if I didn't see the comment - but when you refer to RSE you mean the original, not the RSE Elements (RSEE?) that Flashy just finalized?  Meaning, these patches would not work if I am guessing?

I also play Horizon and waiting for 1,7 to come out while rebuilding my load order with complete game wipe, etc... 

With game mode not in survival, so advanced needs is turned on, does that affect Horizon needs?

Thank you for your help.  Glad to see another playing Horizon.

John

11 hours ago, MrCruelJohn said:

If I may ask a question - I apologize if I didn't see the comment - but when you refer to RSE you mean the original, not the RSE Elements (RSEE?) that Flashy just finalized?  Meaning, these patches would not work if I am guessing?

I also play Horizon and waiting for 1,7 to come out while rebuilding my load order with complete game wipe, etc... 

With game mode not in survival, so advanced needs is turned on, does that affect Horizon needs?

John

Yup that's for original RSE.

For RSE Elements Vol.2, my Horizon patch is on Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35928?tab=files

Other RSEE volumes don't need a patch.

It was mentioned on RSEE vol 2 page on LL

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/112193-aaf-rse-elements-vol2-advanced-needs-nsfw-edition/

but it's a little bit confusing with all elements with their own pages...

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, MrCruelJohn said:

John

YESSIR when not in survival, any time you sleep you get full health... and that poops all over Horizon's challenge.  I'de gag a dick for a hotfix.  Unless Hanaxar fixed it with the rse elements patch.

11 hours ago, verxxes101 said:

YESSIR when not in survival, any time you sleep you get full health... and that poops all over Horizon's challenge.  I'de gag a dick for a hotfix.  Unless Hanaxar fixed it with the rse elements patch.

I have been getting RSE + AAF up and running... been waiting for Horizon 1.7... but, I am just going to play now... locked in stone for a run.  The update thing is so ongoing that it seems I don't get to play any more.  haha.

The only thing I would say is turn off crippling in abduction (with Horizon), it is bad enough getting abducted and crippled (with no fast travel and dumped somewhere!).  Found Companion Barbara for ability to stimpak me when needed... will have to see how that goes with Horizon.  Will know soon.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

John

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 7:55 AM, Hanaxar said:

Other RSEE volumes don't need a patch.

Hello Hanaxar.

Sorry for asking again but does this mean that RSEE (any element 1-7) + AAF Family Planning Enhanced v2.102 Redux (12-28-18) also won't need a patch for VIS anymore?

I don't have Horizon etc. installed but VIS, along with RSEE (1-7) + above Family Planning.... In your RSE patch I found links to fallout4.esm, aaf_rse.esp, and FP_familyplanningEnhanced.esp. as well.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:10 PM, Matte1010 said:

What exactly does it mean that this is 'obsolete', is there another mod that replaces the functionality of this mod or should I still use this mod?

The mod page is a bit barren on what it actually means in relation to the usage of the mod.

These patches are for FP_RSE and AAF_RSE. But now Flashy is developing RSE Elements. For RSE elements I made only 1 patch which is mentioned a post earlier. That's all. FP_RSE and AAF_RSE are no longer in developement so these patches become obsolete.

I do have a question.  I have tried an aaf/rse/horizon install but CTD when start new game. 

Any ideas what would cause that? I have tried staging installs...  

Do you install horizon first get out of vault then install all aaf related items?  

It's almost as if there is an interface issue causing the ctd like old days.

John