RSE Compatibility Patches [OBSOLETE]

Thank you for publishing these on a single page. Later today when I am available to do so, I will link the main RSE download page to this thread so other may easily find it.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kiffa said:

The links for download are not working :/

@kiffa @Shep67 I don't know if you're the same person, but those are attachments. That means links are not external links. If you're able to open this site, you also should be able to open links. The files are stored here.

Maybe there was a maintenance for files section. I don't know. Try later, it'll work for sure.

5 hours ago, hakansakar01 said:

@kiffa @Shep67 I don't know if you're the same person, but those are attachments. That means links are not external links. If you're able to open this site, you also should be able to open links. The files are stored here.

Maybe there was a maintenance for files section. I don't know. Try later, it'll work for sure.

No. I am not Kiffa. I could download the files.

Happens i was online that time.

He called the file attachments links.  i only want to write him it works.

Is there any risk corrupt saves if i change masters to "aaf_rse" using FO4edit? Using beta version of RSE to AAF framework.

I was pulling my hairs out before i test your RSE - Diamond City Expansion Patch  this patch fixes missing meshes problem completely. Thank you...

3 hours ago, Risa said:

Is there any risk corrupt saves if i change masters to "aaf_rse" using FO4edit? Using beta version of RSE to AAF framework.

I was pulling my hairs out before i test your RSE - Diamond City Expansion Patch  this patch fixes missing meshes problem completely. Thank you...

Happy to help :)

I'm not yet switched to AAF version so I'm not sure but it might work because I don't think Flashy touched that part of mod when converting to AAF. Just give it a try, if it works you can post it here or I can put it in the first post with your name, which you prefer.

Honestly I'm eagerly waiting for a stable release of AAF RSE. Then I'll make AAF versions of these patches eventually.

What i understand from FO4edit there is only Diamond city cell changes, no scripts. I think it is save to use with AAF and RSE.

I will start new game with your patch, move Diamond city expansions up to loading list and make some test runs. Just make sure it will work.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hippeus said:

So what functionality remains from RSE with Horizon as the main survival mod? Also would I need the Horizon Better Settler patch alongside the RSE Horizon Better settler patch?

As long as you don't play on survival difficulty, RSE will be the main survival mod when you turn on advanced needs. (Note: Horizon antibiotics heal horizon based sicknesses and RSE antibiotics heal RSE based sicknesses...)

And for the patch, you need only RSE - Better Settlers - Horizon Patch (4th one on the list).

Have fun.

8 minutes ago, hakansakar01 said:

As long as you don't play on survival difficulty, RSE will be the main survival mod when you turn on advanced needs. (Note: Horizon antibiotics heal horizon based sicknesses and RSE antibiotics heal RSE based sicknesses...)

And for the patch, you need only RSE - Better Settlers - Horizon Patch (4th one on the list).

Have fun.

What if I play in survival to get Horizon as main survival mod?

37 minutes ago, Hippeus said:

What if I play in survival to get Horizon as main survival mod?

Well, RSE Advanced Needs don't work properly on survival difficulty. Especially it's not recommended on the description page, Flashy says: "Advanced Needs should NEVER be used in SURVIVAL MODE as it uses a LOT of survival mode methods that WILL conflict with and subsequently BREAK survival mode. I repeat, do NOT use Advanced Needs in survival mode. I will not support any issues you report should you not heed this warning."

Playing on normal difficulty with advanced needs on, will simulate same survival aspects and both mods merges very well. Both have full functionality like that.

But if you turn off advanced needs and play it on survival difficulty it will work also. (Advanced needs system is more detailed, FYI) 

1 hour ago, hakansakar01 said:

Well, RSE Advanced Needs don't work properly on survival difficulty. Especially it's not recommended on the description page, Flashy says: "Advanced Needs should NEVER be used in SURVIVAL MODE as it uses a LOT of survival mode methods that WILL conflict with and subsequently BREAK survival mode. I repeat, do NOT use Advanced Needs in survival mode. I will not support any issues you report should you not heed this warning."

Playing on normal difficulty with advanced needs on, will simulate same survival aspects and both mods merges very well. Both have full functionality like that.

But if you turn off advanced needs and play it on survival difficulty it will work also. (Advanced needs system is more detailed, FYI) 

What would you recommend as best option to install horizon then. So I can use RSE at full functionality and the overhaul/skills from Horizon? Or is that not possible?

14 hours ago, Hippeus said:

What would you recommend as best option to install horizon then. So I can use RSE at full functionality and the overhaul/skills from Horizon? Or is that not possible?

I personally prefer RSE with advanced needs on, horizon with survivor difficulty and the game at normal mode (not hard or survival).

And my load order is something like that:

Spoiler

*BetterSettlers.esp
    *BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
    *BetterSettlersCCAPack2.0.esp

... at the very bottom

*FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
    *FP_RSE.esp

*Z_Horizon.esp

*Z_Horizon_DLC_All.esp

... all the other Horizon's esps and patches here

*RSE - Better Settlers - Horizon Patch.esp

... and lastly any scrapping mods and transfer settlement mod here (if you have any)

--end--

This way both mods are fully functional without conflicts, I belive.

I personally prefer RSE with advanced needs on, horizon with survivor difficulty and the game at normal mode (not hard or survival).

And my load order is something like that:

Reveal hidden contents

*BetterSettlers.esp
    *BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
    *BetterSettlersCCAPack2.0.esp

... at the very bottom

*FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
    *FP_RSE.esp

*Z_Horizon.esp

*Z_Horizon_DLC_All.esp

... all the other Horizon's esps and patches here

*RSE - Better Settlers - Horizon Patch.esp

... and lastly any scrapping mods and transfer settlement mod here (if you have any)

--end--

This way both mods are fully functional without conflicts, I belive.

Okay. Could I send you my new load order tonight through DM so you can look it over possibly for me? Cause there is a lot of stuff going on in my load order. With RSE, Horizon, my usual mods, then compatibility patches lol.

10 hours ago, ILOV3THISGAM3 said:

@hakansakar01

Desolation mode makes game much harder,but so much more interesting also,if you like extra challenge definately try it,can't play without it.

I'll have to check that mode out once i get my feet wet with Horizon.

Regarding the RSE Horizon Better Settler Patch is it safe for Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI to overwrite the DEF_INV tag.xml file? Also should RSE Horizon Better Settler Patch be above or below Horizon in the MO2 Mod List?

11 hours ago, Hippeus said:

I'll have to check that mode out once i get my feet wet with Horizon.

Regarding the RSE Horizon Better Settler Patch is it safe for Updated ICONLIBS2 for DEF_UI to overwrite the DEF_INV tag.xml file? Also should RSE Horizon Better Settler Patch be above or below Horizon in the MO2 Mod List?

Patch must be loaded after RSE and Horizon.

If you are using NMM and DEF_UI update overwrites DEF_INV, it'll break Horizon's item sorting. In this case just reinstall RSE Horizon patch and let the patch re-overwrite DEF_INV.

But if you're using MO2, drag DEF_UI to the very top, after the dlc and unofficial fo4 patch mod. You'll be fine.

On 7/3/2018 at 3:15 PM, ILOV3THISGAM3 said:

@hakansakar01

Desolation mode makes game much harder,but so much more interesting also,if you like extra challenge definately try it,can't play without it.

Do you play a RSE Horizon file? If so I noticed you picked desolation. Any other settings you recommend together?

12 hours ago, Hippeus said:

Do you play a RSE Horizon file? If so I noticed you picked desolation. Any other settings you recommend together?

I'm playing RSE and horizon together. I like survival aspects of RSE (and sexy stuff ofc) and all other things that Horizon have, like skill system, settler jobs, degraded weapons, etc. Horizon is also adding a little bit difficulty itself, like loot rarity, water radiation, etc. I also turn off limb healing and I select slower healing rates in the RSE Advanced Needs settings. This makes the game challenging enough for me. I'm a casual and a really bad player. (actually it's a good thing with RSE combat surrender...)

But recently I'm tempted by desolation and last week I started a new game but guess what??? I started to build a sanctuary settlement. It's been 15 or 20 hours, I'm still building that goddamn thing. I'm a little bit stuck on this. I really hate and love this game at the same time.

I'm playing RSE and horizon together. I like survival aspects of RSE (and sexy stuff ofc) and all other things that Horizon have, like skill system, settler jobs, degraded weapons, etc. Horizon is also adding a little bit difficulty itself, like loot rarity, water radiation, etc. I also turn off limb healing and I select slower healing rates in the RSE Advanced Needs settings. This makes the game challenging enough for me. I'm a casual and a really bad player. (actually it's a good thing with RSE combat surrender...)

But recently I'm tempted by desolation and last week I started a new game but guess what??? I started to build a sanctuary settlement. It's been 15 or 20 hours, I'm still building that goddamn thing. I'm a little bit stuck on this. I really hate and love this game at the same time.

Someone brought up something on the Horizon thread and wanted to make sure. The RSE Better Settler Horizon patch is for Horizon 1.5+ right?