Kimy

Deviously Cursed Loot SE BETA 2

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

Had a look on your patreon and it made me think of something. Are you actually working on the SE version? If yes, it would be nice to know what version the posts are about. Even if it's a "tip jar", putting some labels on your work would make it easier for people to decide about supporting you. The "invisible box" model is usually what scares me off supporting a modder.

I second this. I supported a long time past, and eventually I stopped. Part of the reason why is I thought Fallout was the new priority. I also went off Bethesda games for a while so that too. 

I just joined the Patreon again after seeing this rant. 

12 hours ago, saltshade said:

Had a look on your patreon and it made me think of something. Are you actually working on the SE version? If yes, it would be nice to know what version the posts are about. Even if it's a "tip jar", putting some labels on your work would make it easier for people to decide about supporting you. The "invisible box" model is usually what scares me off supporting a modder.

10 hours ago, amasters said:

I second this. I supported a long time past, and eventually I stopped. Part of the reason why is I thought Fallout was the new priority. I also went off Bethesda games for a while so that too. 

I just joined the Patreon again after seeing this rant. 

Third, I'd pretty much support your work Kimy if last update on both SE versions of DD and DCL wouldn't be more than 2 years ago. Mods are still very "beta", everyone on discord keep telling not to use them because they might be dangerous to use and all bodyslide support is covered by other users. Even your profile feed hints you are more focused on LE versions of mods.

Just subbed for the first time in desperate hope of seeing any updates for SE version

7 hours ago, BreadDain said:

Third, I'd pretty much support your work Kimy if last update on both SE versions of DD and DCL wouldn't be more than 2 years ago. Mods are still very "beta", everyone on discord keep telling not to use them because they might be dangerous to use and all bodyslide support is covered by other users. Even your profile feed hints you are more focused on LE versions of mods.

Just subbed for the first time in desperate hope of seeing any updates for SE version

Ummm... the DD and DCL SE versions are from February and March 2020, respectively. DD is on par with the newest LE version. Not quite sure what you mean? oO

30 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Ummm... the DD and DCL SE versions are from February and March 2020, respectively. DD is on par with the newest LE version. Not quite sure what you mean? oO

I mean titles like "Update" and "June update" doesn't say enough. The description there is also vague. There is nothing there that implies if it's LE or SE and if it's on par or not. Also, I don't consider v 8.5 non-beta to be on par with v 8.4 beta.

This is an example of a professional patreon with informative posts: https://www.patreon.com/BaboFactory

8 hours ago, saltshade said:

I mean titles like "Update" and "June update" doesn't say enough. The description there is also vague. There is nothing there that implies if it's LE or SE and if it's on par or not. Also, I don't consider v 8.5 non-beta to be on par with v 8.4 beta.

This is an example of a professional patreon with informative posts: https://www.patreon.com/BaboFactory

The SE versions aren't really beta anymore. I forgot to change the title, that's all! :)

Also, everything I ever write about there is for both the SE and LE versions. The SE version is a port of LE, so they're functionally identical.

What CBBE version is folks using? When I install this mod, the body becomes invisible, only the head and devious devices are visible.

I have CBBE 3BBE installed with all the prerequisites and it works perfectly. But when I test this mod and do the princess alternative start, I am in the cage but i have the visual issues.

What am I missing? :(

Edit:   After further testing, it seems to be the arm binders that do it most. And there are wrist cuffs, or rubber restrictive gloves making the hands disappear. Hobble Dress is causing issues too.

8 minutes ago, BunnyBanger said:

What am I missing?

You missing 3BBBE devious devices bodyslide files and build it. Of course you can build standard CBBE dd items but then you missing 3BBBE sliders.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

My bad told some BS without thinking. Still it doesn't matter that there are no issues exist, and those which do are pretty bad one and obvious for any user. References not filled (Missing name), hdt chains are broken, belt quest is not starting and etc. It is not something one expect from proper conversion, especially if original version doesn't have those issues, right? Don't even know if it is normal that all source scripts throw out an error in Creation Kit and don't have any references filled. In summary, mod feels like being abandonned.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

Also, everything I ever write about there is for both the SE and LE versions. The SE version is a port of LE, so they're functionally identical.

Some modders just post update and conversion at the same time on the same mod page, you can probably consider doing it as well so people are not getting confused. Although it's gonna create a mess in support thread.

1 hour ago, BreadDain said:

References not filled (Missing name), hdt chains are broken, belt quest is not starting

1) What references?

2) HDT chains are broken because SSE version not have nioverride mod. And DD not have any case to third sides mod.  Nioverride partially is compensated by other mods and if you install HDT-SMP physics mod, game work without CTD and HDT physics partially work (chain bells, leg restraints) Damaged still is arm restraints and neck chains. Also CK not work because it's not see nioverride mod.

3) In my SSE version starts all quests - What exactly you named belt quest?

4) Original version have other issues - slow scripts and like to CTD.  Also SSE version have slow scripts by third side: skse64 not work as expected and need many dll fixes.

I got my SSE version game that no one CTD.

Conclusion: When i first time use SSE version i think that LE is much better. But now when i fix many CTD issues and read LE thread i think SSE version is better.

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

1) What references?

Spoiler

214239520_.png.3883a9ba19e26e00eaa049bec4c16323.png

SSE version not have nioverride mod

skee64 included in RM is a replacement for NiOverride. Chains were broken on purpose because nobody knows how to fix HDT on SE and they cause CTD before. SMP can't magically relink something which doesn't work on purpose.

all quests

The Chastity Belt quest. God knows what other scripts can be broken, it is just an obvious one. Although nobody can tell if it is intended to not work

Spoiler

1778727685_.png.21d22c8598fe7eacb932808ba9662120.png

slow scripts and like to CTD

No evidence that this is mod-related and not engine-related. SE version also use to CTD if you spam Cursed event a lot and reload after, same was for LE (but one shouldn't do that, ik)

And there is much more issues to tell actually, combat surrender rape won't fire, followers are not processed correctly on loot event sometimes, vanilla prison event is not being hooked, gagtalk rape weight is being ignored and etc. Mod just require some love and actual tests from someone who knows how to fix imo.

The Chastity Belt quest

I don't know how this quest works and how it can be gone further. If you explain condition when this quest started and how it can resolve (in spoiler) i can take a investigation.

At this moment i can say it's disabled by ddi in default.

combat surrender rape won't fire

I have so many combat rape that already tired from it) Even Falmer wants to rape me but without no animations just stay near to me) But in pirates caves there is long straight line to wait to rape me while someone do it to me. Check your animations install (zaz8)

followers are not processed correctly on loot event sometimes

Still due to long working script issue - skyrim engine drops scripts if it work a long time (timeout procedure)

vanilla prison event is not being hooked

Not use vanilla prison and even don't know how it must look.

gagtalk rape weight is being ignored

Not sure about those settings but i don't configure this. but cities rape is so many that i'm tired and set in options trigger from 100% to 40%. Then i can catch a breath.

7 hours ago, Elsidia said:

If you explain ... i can take a investigation.

This is the main problem why ppl talking about DD being buggy on SE, nobody bother to do thorough test on their own. That quest was starting on belt equipped and hooked to some DD events back on LE, I don't know if it is changed after some time but quest stages just don't change now on SE.

I have so many combat rape that already tired from it)

This is not related to DD or DCUR itself

Check your animations install (zaz8)

Honestly, absolutely vague input on troubleshooting, but yes I had them both registered and not and it is SL animations which are getting skipped or whatever. You just getting teleported elsewhere.
And btw DD SE doesn't have ZAZ requirement and works much smoother if you don't register the animations for some reason. this issue is also worth investigating. There is a set of animations which DD provides and they are getting perfectly filtered in SL. If you register ZaZ animations it usually abuse just one animation all the time which is armbinder missionary.

that i'm tired and set in options trigger from 100% to 40%. Then i can catch a breath.

that's the thing, I am tired as well and set them to 0, still fire. Also DDi and DCUR gagtalk quest are getting mixed often even if you set DCUR chance to 100

19 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

DD being buggy on SE

I think this quest is disabled in LE too for some reasons. Because in DDI global variable is set to true. Later when i be home  can say what variable is it and if you change in your game probably this quest start trigger.

22 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

You just getting teleported elsewhere.

Seems it not found right animation for use - maybe you have some custom or illegal race for animations?

23 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

all the time which is armbinder missionary.

No i can have different animations to fire. Also when i register in zaz8 sexlab animations i got animation with pillory - dcl prison guard uses it.

53 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

That quest was starting on belt equipped

You must open the console and

set zad_DisableAllDialogue to 0

After you can check this valuable by

help zad_DisableAllDialogue 0

It must be any value not 1 - as i see other conditions to start this quest is completed. Only this variable not.

Also i can say - most of thing work in my SSE version that means maybe something wrong with your mod configuration and Skyrim.

Seems it not found right animation for use - maybe you have some custom or illegal race for animations?

It overly bold of you to assume such things on any user. No, a simple vanilla bandit on vanilla race can't fire event properly.

How? combat rape is DCL part. It related to DCL always)

I meant the fact you are subjectively tired from it

45 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

You must open the console and

set zad_DisableAllDialogue to 0

After you can check this valuable by

help zad_DisableAllDialogue 0

It must be any value not 1 - as i see other conditions to start this quest is completed. Only this variable not.

Also i can say - most of thing work in my SSE version that means maybe something wrong with your mod configuration and Skyrim.

The solution is local, the problem is global, don't you think? My mod install is fine and there is nothing which can possibly overwrite or affect DD or DCUR, I am sure of it just because I manually checked all records for conflicts. Other than cell records there are none, as well as no file overwrites.
And also trying to point at user's incompetence is the worst way how you deal with issues, I am not first day/month/year in modding and actually can troubleshoot my own client if it is somehow causing issues, but no, I am not alone with those (or ppl wouldn't tell "It is buggy" on each chat) and different installs with different mod loads always produce same results.

24 minutes ago, BreadDain said:

And also trying to point at user's incompetence

Because in 90% cases it's true. Go split your poison on any other people i'm out of that dialogue.

Updated: Also if you are so big expert - why my ZAz8 works correct and all scenes start but your's not? ))

17 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Because in 90% cases it's true. Go split your poison on any other people i'm out of that dialogue.

Updated: Also if you are so big expert - why my ZAz8 works correct and all scenes start but your's not? ))

You started this by weird assumption of me being incompetent pedophile. And still clinging to small details unable accept the fact that mod at current state is a mess

1 hour ago, FreelancerLuna said:

im having an issue where various devices cause my characters body to become invisable, ive gone over this forum but seeing as im rather new to modding skyrim in general im a little lost, can anyone point me in the right direction?

If your body goes invisible when any devious device is applied, the source of the problem is almost certainly in a failure to run Bodyslide on Devious Devices Assets, Devious Devices Expansion, and/or Devious Cursed Loot.  Take a look at the CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData folder for a list of the devices in each mod, that will give you a good idea of what you need to select in Bodyslide to create the meshes. 

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Rynnes Master said:

If your body goes invisible when any devious device is applied, the source of the problem is almost certainly in a failure to run Bodyslide on Devious Devices Assets, Devious Devices Expansion, and/or Devious Cursed Loot.  Take a look at the CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData folder for a list of the devices in each mod, that will give you a good idea of what you need to select in Bodyslide to create the meshes. 

Hope this helps.

im not too sure what im looking at/for here i see a lot of various files but i dont understand what im seeing

14 hours ago, BreadDain said:

I don't know if it is changed after some time but quest stages just don't change now on SE.

I will say that all we are doing with the SE mods is porting it. I did the script edits for DD and DCL, Pfiffy converted the rest of DD. I helped Pfiffy with the SMP conversion for the chains. I have been doing the SE port for DCL recently.

Script changes are limited to updating nio checks to look for skee as well, and a fix for controllers from someone else (the controller fix is loose and not included in the AIO). Otherwise, there are no functional differences between the two versions scriptwise.

Some quests were disabled on purpose in the LE version a while back. Depending on the quest you're having a problem with, this may be why a quest is not working or progressing. So far as I've seen, all quests are working just as well as they do for LE. For quest related issues, I frequently find the answer on the LE thread, so that confirms in my mind that quest problems are not just an SE issue. 

There are bodyslide issues yes, that is entirely because CBBE for SE was redone and the bodyshapes are not the same. If you use UNP, there is no difference.

There are a lot of outfits to go through, and it doesn't help that we now have 3BBB and BHUNP to deal with as well. Since these three bodies are not available on LE, they are not part of what Kimy has worked on, as has been mentioned. Still, this is something that is relatively easy for users to tweak on their own, so I'd rather Kimy work on development and bug fixes instead of doing the bodyslide conversions. Just my two cents.

The SMP issues for the chains is related to how SMP works. It would be broke in LE too if the LE version was using SMP instead of PE.
"SMP does not allow half loop dependencies (2 points fixed to bones with a chain between them)"

We've done what we can there, but chains may never work as they do on LE. The thing to watch for in this space is if/when CBPC can handle cloth physics. The theory is that it should "just work" when that happens. We'll see.

Another SE related issue is that LE does not require calves and forearms parts for a body outfit, but SE does. So that is extra overhead for the SE conversion that we typically have not been doing, because it requires editing the ESMs/ESPs. I'm reconsidering doing that for DCL, but I don't know if Pfiffy will be doing that for DD. It would be easier with an xedit script, but I have limited scripting skills and haven't found one that I can co-opt.

So just to summarize, we are doing only minimal changes in the conversion for SE. Nothing we are doing would break quests or change how DD operates, it's all cosmetic changes. (yes, i consider nio/skee/hdt cosmetic). 

I hope this helps with understanding 'why' the SE version seems unfinished or untested.

36 minutes ago, FreelancerLuna said:

im not too sure what im looking at/for here i see a lot of various files but i dont understand what im seeing

Maybe try this way. Run bodyslide and look at the choose groups (magnifying glass icon). Do you see dda/ddx/dcl outfits listed?

Check all of those, then check build morphs in the bottom left corner, then batch build. For some things you may need to pick between hdt and non hdt options after clicking batch build, that's going to be personal preference.

image.png.713ae68b34b1a2f8b13ef26515c9f47c.png