Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

11 minutes ago, zarantha said:

It's a new setting in the DCL 9.0 beta.

Traps are supposed to be less punishing ones. It doesn't take long to level up that far, just play a bit and check again later.

Percentage is the percentage in a set of possibles. Even setting to 100% has been problematic from what I've seen in the LE thread. I don't know if that's a bug or just Skyrim.

I have noticed when looting anything, traps/keys/whatever are only updated when the container is opened, so auto loot won't trigger it, and i think quick loot fell into that category.

The rape scenes (any sex scenes really) are mostly sexlab issue and partly the DD filter. Upgrade DD to 5.1 to fix the filter issues. For the sexlab issues, all you can do is open the console and close it and/or open the menu and close it. There's supposed to be a update on the sexlab github to fix some of that, but i'm waiting for the update to be posted here. I think osmelmc's sexlab utility could also help, as it does not require the github version.

I've downloaded devious devices deluxe upgrade, I put it in my mod organizer below Devious Devices SE for the upgrade to override it, is that correct?

-I can't find the download for DCL 9.0

16 minutes ago, muhavaux33 said:

I've downloaded devious devices deluxe upgrade, I put it in my mod organizer below Devious Devices SE for the upgrade to override it, is that correct?

-I can't find the download for DCL 9.0

The DD 5.1 update goes below DD 5.0, yes.

The download for DCL is still for the beta, and is still just LE. You can run it through CAO and it will work. You should copy the bodyslide files from DCL SE 8.4/8.5 to overwrite the DCL 9.0 bodyslide files (take the caliente folder from the old version and copy it into 9.0) if you want the outfits to fit and if you're using CBBE. I won't be converting it until it's out of beta.

DCL 9.0 requires a new game, you cannot upgrade from 8.4/8.5.

DCL LE 9.0 beta 3:

47 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Even setting to 100%

About percentage i can say to get 100% you need set to zero all other possible values also need set aroused to zero or traps not trigger if arousal is too low.

Why?

Because in script are event order and other events not trigger even with 100% because other event have higher priority.

Example:

Spoiler

If random(0,100)<simpletrapchance

Do something

return

EndIF

If random (0,100)<bondageadventurechance

Do spmething

return

EndIf

Some other ifs

If random(0,100)<damselindistresschance

Do something

return

EndiF 

As you see if even chance is set to 100% then it can not trigger because there can trigger other event what not set to zero.

To be honest i can't even imagine how to fix that thing to get fairy chance to trigger.

If simple event is 35% and damsel in distress are 100% there still chance that trigger simple event (depend of bugged random) and 100% chance will not trigger. And as lower this event in list as more chance not to trigger.

23 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

About percentage i can say to get 100% you need set to zero all other possible values also need set aroused to zero or traps not trigger if arousal is too low.

Why?

Because in script are event order and other events not trigger even with 100% because other event have higher priority.

Example:

Hide contents

If random(0,100)<simpletrapchance

Do something

return

EndIF

If random (0,100)<bondageadventurechance

Do spmething

return

EndIf

Some other ifs

If random(0,100)<damselindistresschance

Do something

return

EndiF 

As you see if even chance is set to 100% then it can not trigger because there can trigger other event what not set to zero.

To be honest i can't even imagine how to fix that thing to get fairy chance to trigger.

If simple event is 35% and damsel in distress are 100% there still chance that trigger simple event (depend of bugged random) and 100% chance will not trigger. And as lower this event in list as more chance not to trigger.

Yeah, but what about the chance of finding cursed loot in chests? Even after setting that one to 100%, and putting "minimum arousal to find cursed loot" to 0 it still doesn't find cursed loot in chests, and I don't think anything takes priority over that. there is also a setting that says "Only standard events until level x", I set it to value 1 so that I can trigger all events from level 1.

23 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

What is this?

5.0 to 5.1 upgrade of DD

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

I think not honoring the settings when low level was brought up, but don't recall the time frame (not sure if it was after or before beta 3). If you're still seeing it after level 5 might be worth mentioning on the LE thread to make sure that it gets addressed in the next beta patch. Make sure you don't have anything else that could alter traps, like deviously enchanted chests.

Well, I do have deviously enchanted chests, but everything in its MCM is turned off except estrus traps, so it shouldn't conflict. But I could try to turn that off and see if there is a difference. I'm only level one though, so it's more likely that it's a level issue.

What's the point of not honoring the settings for low level then? It's just more work for Kimy to implement something illogical and unnecessary that only causes confusion when you don't know why it doesn't work. It's not like it says in the tooltips for the different options "not available until lvl 5". I mean, if people want a lot of devices, let them have that. If they only want a few, let them have that. Why should Kimy add invisible rules, when the settings are meant to customize our experience to our own desire? If there is something I hate, it's not know how a mod works. I trust game devs, but not modders, because modders tend to do crazy stuff.

2 hours ago, muhavaux33 said:

it still doesn't find cursed loot in chests

When you open a chest there trigger timer if cursed loot is active. Only after 30 sec loot trigger. If you want to test then open a chest, take 1 item and close a chest. Repeat it 5 - 6 times. In second time and later do not take any item. This will trigger a cursed loot at 95% rate. If not try other chest. If not then check if you have some active quest running in debug page - it's prevent trigger cursed loot. Is still not trigger,  then something with DC installation or conflict of some mods what modify chests. like deviously enchanted quests. Wiht DCL it's no no no no. Never install. It broke DCL quests.

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

Well, I do have deviously enchanted chests, but everything in its MCM is turned off except estrus traps, so it shouldn't conflict. But I could try to turn that off and see if there is a difference. I'm only level one though, so it's more likely that it's a level issue.

What's the point of not honoring the settings for low level then? It's just more work for Kimy to implement something illogical and unnecessary that only causes confusion when you don't know why it doesn't work. It's not like it says in the tooltips for the different options "not available until lvl 5". I mean, if people want a lot of devices, let them have that. If they only want a few, let them have that. Why should Kimy add invisible rules, when the settings are meant to customize our experience to our own desire? If there is something I hate, it's not know how a mod works. I trust game devs, but not modders, because modders tend to do crazy stuff.

It may be you're hitting something like this - I'm not clear if it was fixed with beta 3 or not, but i suspect not. It may not be a simple fix. If this is what you are talking about, report it again in the LE thread. It was reported with beta 2, nothing in the changelog seems like it would fix it.

53 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

When you open a chest there trigger timer if cursed loot is active. Only after 30 sec loot trigger. If you want to test then open a chest, take 1 item and close a chest. Repeat it 5 - 6 times. In second time and later do not take any item. This will trigger a cursed loot at 95% rate. If not try other chest. If not then check if you have some active quest running in debug page - it's prevent trigger cursed loot. Is still not trigger,  then something with DC installation or conflict of some mods what modify chests. like deviously enchanted quests. Wiht DCL it's no no no no. Never install. It broke DCL quests.

I don't really get what you're trying to tell me. What I did was contionously spam open and close a chest without taking anything at all until the arcane cursed animation happened and I became bound, but it takes much less than 30 seconds. The weird thing is that if cursed loot is set to 100% then shouldn't it trigger anytime I open a chest for the first time? But it triggers after a certain amount of attempts of closing and opening a chest, as if the percentage value didn't work. And this is what bothers me the most:
ScreenShot49.png.906c4c4f08446d0d680f9733e0abb396.png

It says "Cursed loot chance: 57.25%" in debug page, what is this referring to?

It's also not respecting the minimum number of items in a container. My value is set to 2 by default (didn't even touch that) and yet I opened a chest which only gave me 1 restrain (a collar). This version seems to be very buggy

edit 3: is configuration even respecting anything at all regarding values and toggles? I disabled "allow boots" in devices section and when I opened a chest I got locked in slaver boots, regardless...

edit 4: at least setting all the other events to 0% and making damsel in distress 100% does work.

22 minutes ago, muhavaux33 said:

edit 3: is configuration even respecting anything at all regarding values and toggles? I disabled "allow boots" in devices section and when I opened a chest I got locked in slaver boots, regardless...

Check my response to saltshade just above your post. If you can confirm the bug is still present, then report it on the LE thread. Beta is the best time to get things fixed.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Check my response to saltshade just above your post. If you can confirm the bug is still present, then report it on the LE thread. Beta is the best time to get things fixed.

Since I'm going to make a post on that I might as well confirm I don't have any other bugs other than that one that are actually mod bugs and not just my mistake. There is one thing that's been bugging me and its expressions:
-My expression never changes automatically, when bound, gagged, or in sex. It only changes to "fear" when the animation to cover boobs and pussy when naked plays. is this normal? is there a way to configure it to change automatically when restrained or gagged?
-An exception is "alternate start, I am a captured princess about to be sold for slavery" when I spawn in the cell, my expression does change automatically there

3 hours ago, muhavaux33 said:

I don't really get what you're trying to tell me. What I did was contionously spam open and close a chest without taking anything at all until the arcane cursed animation happened and I became bound, but it takes much less than 30 seconds. The weird thing is that if cursed loot is set to 100% then shouldn't it trigger anytime I open a chest for the first time? But it triggers after a certain amount of attempts of closing and opening a chest, as if the percentage value didn't work. And this is what bothers me the most:
ScreenShot49.png.906c4c4f08446d0d680f9733e0abb396.png

It says "Cursed loot chance: 57.25%" in debug page, what is this referring to?

It's also not respecting the minimum number of items in a container. My value is set to 2 by default (didn't even touch that) and yet I opened a chest which only gave me 1 restrain (a collar). This version seems to be very buggy

edit 4: at least setting all the other events to 0% and making damsel in distress 100% does work.

Completely off-topic, but what mod are the clothes from?

2 hours ago, muhavaux33 said:

Since I'm going to make a post on that I might as well confirm I don't have any other bugs other than that one that are actually mod bugs and not just my mistake. There is one thing that's been bugging me and its expressions:
-My expression never changes automatically, when bound, gagged, or in sex. It only changes to "fear" when the animation to cover boobs and pussy when naked plays. is this normal? is there a way to configure it to change automatically when restrained or gagged?
-An exception is "alternate start, I am a captured princess about to be sold for slavery" when I spawn in the cell, my expression does change automatically there

You installed MFG Fix?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669

Can't say that I've really looked at expressions, I usually play in first person.

28 minutes ago, zarantha said:

yes, you were the one who told me to install it when ballgags weren't fitting, then they began fitting for *certain* presets only. Hopefully roggvir doesn't drop his gag adjust mod addon project.

30 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Can't say that I've really looked at expressions, I usually play in first person.

I never gave it thought until now, but there's no way you play in first person without some sort of immersion mod right? do you have one that lets you look at your own arms and body so you can see your own restrains when looking down, etc?

48 minutes ago, muhavaux33 said:

yes, you were the one who told me to install it when ballgags weren't fitting, then they began fitting for *certain* presets only. Hopefully roggvir doesn't drop his gag adjust mod addon project.

I never gave it thought until now, but there's no way you play in first person without some sort of immersion mod right? do you have one that lets you look at your own arms and body so you can see your own restrains when looking down, etc?

Sorry, I say it so often I have no idea who i've said it to.

Nope, I'm in it to look at the guys doing stuff to 'me', don't care as much to look at 'myself' lol. I'd rather not have restraints at all, but this mod has a lot of other things I do want, so I deal with the restraints. They're ok sometimes, just not all the time.

Joy of Perspective tends to break DD, I haven't heard of issues with IFPV.

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

Do you know if 9.0 will be coming to SE anytime soon?

Noob question: I am trying to patch my game in order to avoid coflicts and such, and I noticed that DCUR has no effect under the "Critical Data" attached to "The Zapper (dcur_dq_zapper)", "The Dollmaker (dcur_thedollmakerGS)" and "The inmate Pacifier (dcur_prison_whip)". SSEEdit flags these as errors, what should be the correct effect?

Edit: using Beta 9.3, converted using CAO, but it should not have modified the esp as far as I can tell and I did not touch anything with CK

5 hours ago, saltshade said:

Do you know if 9.0 will be coming to SE anytime soon?

I won't do the conversion for kimy until it's out of beta. how long the beta will last is anyone's guess.

With script updates incorporated, all that's really needed now is to convert the meshes and animations with CAO, and to use the bodyslides previously done in 8.x. There's one missing script update, I have that on the troubleshooting post.

3 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Noob question: I am trying to patch my game in order to avoid coflicts and such, and I noticed that DCUR has no effect under the "Critical Data" attached to "The Zapper (dcur_dq_zapper)", "The Dollmaker (dcur_thedollmakerGS)" and "The inmate Pacifier (dcur_prison_whip)". SSEEdit flags these as errors, what should be the correct effect?

Edit: using Beta 9.3, converted using CAO, but it should not have modified the esp as far as I can tell and I did not touch anything with CK

I haven't noticed an issue with that (it's inconsequential per ElminsterAU) but if you want to fix it, just set it to NULL. Resaving in the CK will fix the critical data, but there's another error generated (navmesh door) on save that I don't know how to fix, so it's better to fix it in xedit.

image.thumb.png.242120a20c13bfbf20605257ae36559e.png

image.png.53c1d3b2de415c5aa0148dc76270f368.png

9 minutes ago, zarantha said:

so it's better to fix it in xedit.

4 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

I noticed that DCUR has no effect under the "Critical Data" attached to "The Zapper (dcur_dq_zapper)"

I was curious and check into DCL 8.5 this weapon data. There is the same error and mod works. Somehow)

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

I was curious and check into DCL 8.5 this weapon data. There is the same error and mod works. Somehow)

There's no actual spell effect applied on crits, so having an error on the critical data effect means nothing. The whip and zapper have no magic effects, and the dollmaker's magic for the sword is in the object effect section.

Edit: Could load up LE and TESVEdit and see how it looks there, but i'm too lazy and that field has never been a problem in the mods I've seen.

It's not showing up correctly in SE because there's a new offset in SE that moves that particular field down one. I think if there had actually been data in that field it would have come over correctly, or we would have heard of issues in this or other mods years ago.

How it changed:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_Mod:Mod_File_Format/WEAP

16 hours ago, zarantha said:

I won't do the conversion for kimy until it's out of beta. how long the beta will last is anyone's guess.

With script updates incorporated, all that's really needed now is to convert the meshes and animations with CAO, and to use the bodyslides previously done in 8.x. There's one missing script update, I have that on the troubleshooting post.

Well, that could be done in a day. There is even people who have converted it themselves it seems. I've just started a new game after screwing up my last. Would you recommend trying to convert it myself or would the missing script update be a problem? I'd get decision anxiety if I started playing and 9.0 was released while I'm low level.

And why is the SE version still 8.4? Can I take the esp from LE and overwrite the old one?

20 hours ago, abcdefghilmn said:

Where did you get Beta 9.3? It's not even on patreon.