Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

19 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Sounds like there is guilty another mod not DLC. In my game my character not try fuck even single person without solicitation or rape from NPC.

I doubt it. I have just installed submissive Lola, but it was happening before that. Otherwise I have the romance mod, succubus heart, and all their dependencies. That should be all the mods that might be causing it.

On 1/11/2021 at 2:28 PM, Elsidia said:

There:

I must be going crazy. I've been trying to find the download link to the 9.0 LE Beta, and this is as close as I've gotten. However, that link is the 8.5 LE file. Where is the actual LE beta?

EDIT: I thought this would quote the whole post. Here's where that convo started (in case you're looking for why I think that's supposed to be the 9.0 LE Beta link): 

21 hours ago, Lalaoz said:

i have 7 pages of animations on the MCM screen

DCL uses the Devious Devices bound animations. These animations are completely separate from your SexLab and SLAL animations, due to issues with how those mods implemented animation picking by tags. So the animations in your SexLab and SLAL animation lists don't count and won't be used while bound. What unchecking the filter should do is allow for a larger selection of animations from DD's list, but there is a bug in DD 5.0 with the filter. Try upgrading to DD 5.1 - just install the upgrade files from the troubleshooting post on top of DD 5.0. Don't do a replace, the 5.1 files there are not a complete mod.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100032-deviously-cursed-loot-se-beta-2/?do=findComment&comment=3077954

I should mention that the rubber doll SUIT piece does mention "a zipper for enjoyment of sex without removing it" in its in-game description

We'd need papyrus logs to determine if it's actually treated that way. It may just be a description and now how it's really categorized. If it is a bug, it should be reported on the LE DCL page, since kimy is working on DCL 9.0 beta right now. Best time to get bugs squashed, but it's easier if everyone reports bugs in the same place, and the DD/DCL SE  threads are mostly for conversion issues, not bugs.

also. is the hood SUPPOSED to look like an inflated balloon? in the screenshots for DCL oldrim version it wasnt a balloon. it was just a regular latex hood

Things may have changed a lot since those screenshots were taken. "Balloon hood" in game - which is what you mentioned originally looks just like that. Not sure if the rubber doll hood is different, but they are different items.

The hoods and catsuits are made by different people I believe, or at least the balloon hood is. This will be why the the shine and colors are slightly different. If it's really critical to you that they match 100%, you'd have to edit the nifs directly, and possibly change some of the textures.

DCL SE is a conversion. I have not changed any hoods, most of the changes are related to getting the outfits to fit the new CBBE SE body, and making physics work, and some script changes for Racemenu SE. Otherwise, everything is the same as it is in LE. I think i changed the cubemaps on a single dress in DCL 9.0 to fix a bronze shine issue. The dresses were left with the LE textures in the 8.4 and 8.5 conversions.

I think Elsidia got you most of what you needed?

20 hours ago, Dudesonn said:

I've encountered an interesting bug / interaction.

If I do "coc whiterun" (or anywhere else) straight from the main menu and then click the debug tab in DCL's MCM, the entire mod freezes / crashes. The debug tab is never displayed and all DCL scripts seemingly stop working (no longer receive keys or devious devices from chests, triggering quest items like the cursed collar applies the collar but doesn't start the quest etc). The entire MCM menu also becomes completely unresponsive.

DCL remains permanently bugged in this state on that save. Making a save before clicking the debug tab and then reverting to it afterwards fixes the issue.

This only happens if I enter the game with "coc x" console command. If I start a new game normally everything works fine.

A similar issue has been reported before, tho without mention of using coc vs a normal start (maybe didn't notice?).

This is pure speculation but this bug may be caused by some element of DCL not being properly loaded / initialized when the coc command is used from the main menu. Upon opening the debug tab, the un-initialized data is accessed and the mod crashes. Again, pure speculation, but it would explain what is happening.

I think most people will not be using coc during gameplay, what were you trying to do?

DCL does need DD to initialize, so you may be messing things up by doing what you're doing.

What version of DCL? Have you tried the DCL LE 9.0beta2? You just need to run it through CAO and copy over the bodyslide files from your previous DCL install.

Note: DCL 9.0 requires DD 5.0/5.1 and a new game. It may take time for the MCM to initialize because it needs DD to initialize first. Best workaround is Kimy's (start a new game, wait 30 seconds or so, exit to menu, start another new game).

7 hours ago, CD-Alyx said:

Does anyone know why my character keeps trying to fuck every new character I talk to? I've been messing with the settings for cursed loot, and I can't find a way to turn it off, or even turn down the frequency. My character is at 100 arousal, with a chastity cage, armbinder, and ballgag. I wouldn't even mind so much if it wasn't always the same animation "ddzaparmbkissing".

Your character can't initiate sex from DCL except through dialog driven solicitation.  NPCs may initiate sex through the misogyny or rape settings in DCL, you can check those.

But the description you give sounds like a different mod, not DCL. Have you looked at the succubus settings? I don't recall if there was something there.

While you are bound, the DD animation filter will intercept all sex animations and use an appropriate animation. Depending on how bound your are, that could limit you to just the armbinder kissing on you are seeing.

If you're using DD 5.0, upgrade to DD 5.1 -  the upgrade files install over the top of 5.0. If you're still using 4.3, try disabling the animation filter, but be aware you'll see some animations that don't make sense with an armbinder.

5.1 is on the troubleshooting post: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100032-deviously-cursed-loot-se-beta-2/?do=findComment&comment=3077954

1 hour ago, Kingpuddin21 said:

so i'm a bit confused but is there a mod that i need to have to load before or after the deviously cursed loot because i don't want to break my game again from it?

DCL requires DD SE and it's requirements.

If you want HDT chains, you need to install HDT SMP. Otherwise you need to build the non HDT chains.

For facial expressions to work with gags, you need MFG Fix, which also requires Address Library.

Other known issues are in the troubleshooting post. DD 4.3 is not available for download. If you don't already have DD, then install DD SE 5.0 and get the DD SE 5.1 patch from the troubleshooting post.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100032-deviously-cursed-loot-se-beta-2/?do=findComment&comment=3077954

Edit: On the HDT chains - they DO NOT work as well as the LE chains and there's very little more that can be done about it. Complaining about them will get you nowhere. Some have physics and don't connect right (they look broken), there's nothing more to be done as long as they're moving. If they aren't moving at all, you've got an issue with your HDT SMP install.

40 minutes ago, zarantha said:

DCL requires DD SE and it's requirements.

If you want HDT chains, you need to install HDT SMP. Otherwise you need to build the non HDT chains.

For facial expressions to work with gags, you need MFG Fix, which also requires Address Library.

Other known issues are in the troubleshooting post. DD 4.3 is not available for download. If you don't already have DD, then install DD SE 5.0 and get the DD SE 5.1 patch from the troubleshooting post.

Edit: On the HDT chains - they DO NOT work as well as the LE chains and there's very little more that can be done about it. Complaining about them will get you nowhere. Some have physics and don't connect right (they look broken), there's nothing more to be done as long as they're moving. If they aren't moving at all, you've got an issue with your HDT SMP install.

well this sucks sadly i can't do any dd stuff it makes my game crash no matter what so thx for the advice tho

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Note: DCL 9.0 requires DD 5.0/5.1 and a new game. It may take time for the MCM to initialize because it needs DD to initialize first. Best workaround is Kimy's (start a new game, wait 30 seconds or so, exit to menu, start another new game).

if you install DCL 9.0 do you really have to start a whole new game? thats kind of annoying. what do i end up missing out on if i dont start a new one?

31 minutes ago, Lalaoz said:

if you install DCL 9.0 do you really have to start a whole new game? thats kind of annoying. what do i end up missing out on if i dont start a new one?

You can potentially end up with devices and quests breaking, even if you clean your save.

Some people have done it, but there's no way to tell what breaks, and I don't think anyone has done it on a serious playthrough.

On 2/1/2021 at 11:00 PM, zarantha said:

My answer on the trap events was also 'i don't know'. that was to both of the questions you posed at the time. Since no one else has piped up, i'm guessing there is no info on it. you will likely need to start reading the scripts to figure it out.

i don't know scripting yet. not an easy and quick thing to learn. i'm still learning the basic foundations right now. so it would be pointless for me to do this. and yes you did answer but i was hoping Kimy or someone more familiar with the scripts and trap events could answer it, as opposed to always relying on you (you are already overloaded as it is so it isn't fair).

as for Lore, this thread is not just for conversions, it's for bugs and other things. i can't post anything on the LE thread, i don't have LE. perhaps someone can notify Kimy so that they can update the compatibility lists with Lore, since it would be useful for people to know this.

11 hours ago, zarantha said:

I think most people will not be using coc during gameplay, what were you trying to do?

DCL does need DD to initialize, so you may be messing things up by doing what you're doing.

What version of DCL? Have you tried the DCL LE 9.0beta2? You just need to run it through CAO and copy over the bodyslide files from your previous DCL install.

Of course, coc is not the proper way to start a new game. I was doing that to test various mods while building a modlist as it's faster then starting a new game conventionally. It can hardly be considered a bug really, and I don't expect anyone to bother with a "fix".

The only reason I posted is that people have mentioned this issue in the past (the post I quoted) without seemingly realizing that it was caused by coc and wouldn't appear in normal play. Actually the person I quoted later on gave up on DCL as they couldn't figure out what was causing this, so my post is just there for anyone who might make the same mistake in the future. That's assuming they were using coc as well

hey, im having another major issue.

The chloe quest is crashing when i try to talk to the guy at whiterun in the graveyard.
he gives you something, it explodes and instantly downs me and chloe. then it puts on a pink latex suit piece, and the game crashes immediately afterwards.
i dont have much time to see what else the game tries to put on. i think its trying to put on another item and thats what is causing the crash. but im not sure.
im on DCL SE version 8.4 Rev 4.7z.
DD SE 5.0.7z with the DD 5.0 to 5.1 upgrade.
i do have Extensible Follower Framework enabled, but disabling it didn't fix anything.
i also have SL Defeat SSE installed. because the combat rape from DCL is super buggy and slow sometimes. 

because of that. i cant finish the quest, which means that DCL is perma-locking fast travel. 
i dont particularly care about the quest, i just am getting sick and tired of having fast travel be disabled.
is there a fix for this?

Debug info;
yes, i've built the outfits in bodyslide.
the "Active quest" display was saying TRUE with the chloe quest being active.
after clicking the "FREE ME" button, the chloe quest was still there, but "Active quest" changed to false. and fast travel was still locked.
i disabled DCL entirely and fast travel stayed locked until i entered and left a locked area (probably to reset the locked value)
idk if any of that is helpful but no other mod i have

39 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Build noHDT chains - after equip a catsuit there equips hdt chains. Seem you don't have HDT SMP mod or this not work in your game.

i have "HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) - HDT-SMP for SSE 1.5.97 v2.11"
that name is super weird and it makes me think its the wrong one. is that not the right one?
also, how do you look at the papyrus logs so i can maybe figure it out better

11 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Kimy or someone more familiar with the scripts and trap events could answer it,

Kimy doesn't reply here that often. If you are looking to engage her, i've seen better results on the LE thread and when she's tagged.

There's more mod authors on the LE thread too I think, so for scripting stuff you might get a better response there too. I don't know much scripting myself either  - i can hack it not write it, and only 'baby' stuff.

I don't see why you can't post bugs on the LE thread. A bug will be a bug on both, not just one, and I frequently find my answers over there. scripting is the same in both, the only difference is the references for some very few mods, like racemenu (skee). everything else there is literally no difference between an SE script and a LE script. And since all development is LE per kimy, no one will be fixing bugs on the SE thread except for ones that are SE only. And even then, we're getting the fixes included in the LE mod when we can by reporting on the dev thread or the LE thread. This is a conversion, not a fork.

From what I see on the devious lore page, it's an LE mod, so the issues between it and DD will exist and should be fixed in LE. Once it's fixed in LE, then the fix will be in SE after conversion.

1 hour ago, Lalaoz said:

i have "HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) - HDT-SMP for SSE 1.5.97 v2.11"
that name is super weird and it makes me think its the wrong one. is that not the right one?
also, how do you look at the papyrus logs so i can maybe figure it out better

This HDT mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30872?tab=description

Crashes won't be in the papyrus logs. You can use this mod to get crash logs: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21294

You can check the skse64 log to see if the hdt dll is loading correctly.  \Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log

You can also check the hdt log here:   \Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\hdtSMP64.log

But elsidia is right, it is the chains. As a quick fix, you can build the "no hdt" version of the prisoner chains to use an alternate mesh that won't crash.
image.png.b0f069b1f2df757636e1806856ae6f2d.png

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

But elsidia is right, it is the chains. As a quick fix, you can build the "no hdt" version of the prisoner chains to use an alternate mesh that won't crash.

yes thats the HDT mod i have, i just typed the name that shows in Vortex. 

also, thank you very much.
using your screenshot i booted up that save file again and tried equipping "Prisoner Chains" and the game instantly crashed.
so i tried what you said and disabled the HDT for it. and it worked. finished the quest just fine and fast travel unlocked again.

i do have another problem you might be able to help me with.
the "Rubber doll" outfit doesnt actually let me play regular sex animations.
the only animation that is able to play is DDArmbinderKissing, i dont remember the exact name of the animation. but its just a generic kissing animation from DD.
i've been told that that quest uses a unique animation filter that forces bound animations only from DD's animation list. but they arent working.
also, the animations do exist and can be played properly. i tested it by using a full set of the same items and then enabled DCL's rape system.
with a hood, armbinder, suit, and everything else; the regular aggressive animations play just fine, including the ones from DD's animation list.
but with the rubber doll items it breaks and doesnt let any animation play except for the kissing one.
i've done a lot of troubleshooting and im honestly at a loss for whats causing it. do you have any insight?

3 hours ago, Lalaoz said:

the "Rubber doll" outfit doesnt actually let me play regular sex animations.

Someone else mentioned that too. I suspect the description doesn't match what it's actually allowed to do - it may actually be registering as a chastity device and preventing anal/vaginal animations.

I asked for a papyrus log, but haven't seen one yet.

If you've got an armbinder on as elsidia mentioned, yes that will also limit animations.

3 hours ago, Lalaoz said:

unique animation filter that forces bound animations only from DD's animation list.

Yes, DCL uses DD's animation filter. Not just for that quest, for everything, it's expected. If you're on DD 5.0, try upgrading to DD 5.1 - there's a delta patch on the troubleshooting post.