Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

4 hours ago, goldust said:

pfiffy no worries i got it to working..and it works very good..all my old mods are back on..the mod count is 309 right now lol..so thank you for the mod..and one more thing i was using the vortex..then went back to NMM ..and all is good..thank you all for the wonderful port ❤️

Well if most of the mods deal with textures its not the problem. I don't have many mods installed, but they are very heavy in their own way. Maids, Burma, Mias Lair, FG, Even my simple clothing replacer has an .esp with 1 Meg. I know if do a full install of my favorite Anim packs it will break Skyrim SE. 

17 minutes ago, Marthfan said:

Is there a way to fix the problem of file name breaking the 260 character limit? Nexus mod manager won't install this, but i can't figure out which file is too long.

There shouldn't be a problem if you stick to the usual installation paths. At least not with this mod. 

1 hour ago, RamsesSilent said:

dont have that problem just ran through the quest first 3 stages non 3 tests toons no ctd! most likely its one of you other mods causing a problem. For me i have found 2 ctd and i have traveled most of the world looking for them. one when i enter riverwood inn and one when i enter riften. the only thing i can figure out is the followers i have indigo and the wrath  of god or something like that conflicting with D.C.L. indigo warns not to use mods that change his ai and i think W.o.G might be a wrong bodytype not cbbe.  P.S. the next pop up is slaveboots and netimmerse try disabling boots in abandon mine before you click on bed.

funny i get to riften n.p. going through captured princess but my other game CTD everytime i touch the main gate with my other run through.

Different setups?

Notes for the setup of race menu:

1. Download and install race menu for oldrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624

2. Download SKSE64plugins: https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases 

3. extract Rm in a working folder.

4. Create another folder and extract the BSA in this one.

5. Delete the BSA/bsl files.

6. copy the files from the working folder into the folder where you extracted the BSA.

7. remove the .dll/.ini files from the skse/plugin folder and add skee.dll / .ini

8. repack and install

SpaceSeraphim said, that this video is helpful and understandable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBtc-HJ7u2E

Notes on Bodyslide:

Download and install Bodyslide and Outfitstudio for SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201

Download and extract Bodyslide for Oldrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49015

Copy the folders:  SliderCategories, SliderGroups, SliderPresets, SliderSets to Skyrim SE's data/CalienteTools/Bodyslide folder.

Make sure if you generate your body and run the batch with the BodySlide for SE. 

For CBBE users: This is a workaround: I'm using UUNP and it works fine for me. But The CBBE SE body differs from the oldrim one, so the slidersets need some updating. If there is anyone here that is experienced with that, you are welcome to help.

Notes on gags:

MFGConsolefunc is not implemented in SL 1.63 Beta1/2

To get the gags working you need:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/11669

Notes on some models with chains and HDT:

I have noticed that some of the chains are broken. It didn't cause any trouble while testing, but its not looking as intended. I don't know the cause: If this is related to HDT, this might be a reason why some ppl have crashes while others don't, because HDT for SE is not compatible with HDT for oldrim. This could only be fixed if there is an official version of HDT-SE and the nifs get converted for it. If it is not related to HDT, i need some help with fixing the nifs. 

Notes on FNIS:

Always run FNIS with the 1st 3 checkboxes enabled. So if run FNIS enable the 1st 3 checkboxes. Have I said that you should run FNIS with the first 3 checkboxes enabled? So don't forget to run FNIS with the first 3 Checkboxes enabled. 

Notes on ZAZ:

There is no official release of Zaz right now, but all versions from 6.1 up to 8.0+ have been converted successfully and are running. I did a version myself that can be found here on LL, but as a little training I would say: Try to convert the version you want to have on your own. All you need is:

1. The creationKit for SE,

2. Nifoptimizer: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

3. A nice little tool for converting animations: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2970

and for mods, that come with a BSA:

4. Bethesda Archive extractor https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/974/?

There are several guides on doing conversions. I do it this way:

1. Download the file and extract it into a working folder.

2. If there is a .bsa in it use BAE to extract it. If there is a facegen folder in it, copy that folder somewhere outside this working folder.

3. copy : converttoskyrimSE.bat

HavokBehaviorPostProcess.exe (found in Data/tools/HavokBehaviorPostProcess)

SSE NIF Optimizer.exe

to that folder.

4. Start converttoskyrimSE.bat

5. Start SSE Nifoptimizer, check the textures, Run optimization.

6. If there is a .bsa delete it, if there where any facegen data file readd them.

7. Repack the archive

8. Install and check if it is working

Don't forget to run FNIS with the first 3 checkboxes enabled.

If it is working, you might 'touch' it with the CK to change the Header from 43 (Oldrim) to 44 (Skyrim SE)

There is a lot of fuzz about that in several forums. I usually skip that step, especially if I have to deal with .esm's and/or Hearthfire related mods.

From my experience it causes more trouble than it will solve. If you feel better with it, try it out. 

Notes on crashes:

The actual version(4.31) of xpmse has problems with Racemenu alpha 6

There are two ways of fixing it:

Easy way: switch back to xpmse 4.2

Not so easy way: install  sse engine fixes:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17230

DD 4.1 and DCL 6.4 are mosters. If you have a lot of other script heavy mods running you will be on the saver side with DD 4.0.

If you run into problems, reduce the number of anims installed. (you have to deinstall them, simply deactivating them in SLAL will not help much)

And as usual:

Runs best on a new game. Don't blame anyone if your saves get wrecked if you change Mods in the middle of a play-throu (especially when it comes to masters)

Notes on T-pose:

Run FNIS with the 1st 3 checkboxes enabled.

Note on Sexy Moves: 

Sexy moves sometimes uses the animation od DDi for the PC or the Followers, even if they don't wear any restrains. To stop this, simply change some settings in Sexy moves.  

3 hours ago, Marthfan said:

Is there a way to fix the problem of file name breaking the 260 character limit? Nexus mod manager won't install this, but i can't figure out which file is too long.

wont install what? it is stalls fine on n.m.m. that all i used and the tools that come with it!

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Different setups?

nope same set ups only difference is going brotherhood with main  and captured princess with tester. captured princess fast travels you into riften that i could by pass the door ctd with tmm 1,1,1 but  then it just crashs main every time but alt can fast travel out. spent hours going between the 2 cand figure out why only thing thy both have in common is i have followers there. im super beat eyes  burning going to bed! thanks for the help with  alpha 6 ill try to figure that out when i get up and see if it fixed my ctd in riften! p.s. posted my load order and active mods under a spoiler if you want to see what im running. 

8 minutes ago, RamsesSilent said:

nope same set ups only difference is going brotherhood with main  and captured princess with tester. captured princess fast travels you into riften that i could by pass the door ctd with tmm 1,1,1 but  then it just crashs main every time but alt can fast travel out. spent hours going between the 2 cand figure out why only thing thy both have in common is i have followers there. im super beat eyes  burning going to bed! thanks for the help with  alpha 6 ill try to figure that out when i get up and see if it fixed my ctd in riften!

One of the major problems with converting DD was an incompatible texture. Put nifoptimizer in your texturefolder and let it check the textures. Just to make sure there isn't somethig wrong on that side. Nifscan also complains about two textures in DCL, but i did not find the cause jet. They look ok for me. I didn't even found the Nifs, that they are related to. I will take a look at them again.

An interesting thing about this kind of reports is that everyone that has this problem is talking about a different location. So you can't really put a finger on it.

6 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

There shouldn't be a problem if you stick to the usual installation paths. At least not with this mod. 

So, can you explain this error then?

"Deviously Cursed Loot // A problem occurred during install: 
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
The mod was not installed. // Install // "

Because I'm using Nexus Mod Manager like any other mod, putting the file in the data folder and using NMM to install it, and it just won't do it, because of this error.

10 minutes ago, Marthfan said:

So, can you explain this error then?

"Deviously Cursed Loot // A problem occurred during install: 
The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
The mod was not installed. // Install // "

Because I'm using Nexus Mod Manager like any other mod, putting the file in the data folder and using NMM to install it, and it just won't do it, because of this error.

No, I can't....

Well, this is not helping. 

To be serious: I have never seen this message before.

Have tried to download it again?

If yes, check if you can extract the pack manually. Just to see if your downloaded pack is ok. 

9 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

No, I can't....

Well, this is not helping. 

To be serious: I have never seen this message before.

Have tried to download it again?

If yes, check if you can extract the pack manually. Just to see if your downloaded pack is ok. 

I have redownloaded, and it's still throwing the same error. If I knew what file was causing the issue, i'd rename some stuff, but that message I posted is all I get with copy to clipboard.

1 minute ago, Marthfan said:

I have redownloaded, and it's still throwing the same error. If I knew what file was causing the issue, i'd rename some stuff, but that message I posted is all I get with copy to clipboard.

Try extracting manually and try to import the file from a differen location into NMM. 

46 minutes ago, Marthfan said:

It counts the whole directory, so if your NMM data folder is already in sub-directories adding a mod with more sub-directories can do it. You could test just unpacking and moving the content up one notch (so you have meshes/textures etc. in the root of the mod instead of data/meshes and so on).

It's still doing it, I've even moved up my whole nexus mods folder to just be straight from the C drive into it. I don't understand what the issue could possibly be, I played the fuck out of this on oldrim and I've never had any problems with special edition mods.

5 hours ago, Marthfan said:

It's still doing it, I've even moved up my whole nexus mods folder to just be straight from the C drive into it. I don't understand what the issue could possibly be, I played the fuck out of this on oldrim and I've never had any problems with special edition mods.

It might be a stupid question but i have to ask are you sure you are downloading the SE file not the old rim one there was some confusion with the links earlier. because i have re downloaded and installed it several times and do not get your error. in fact i like Pfiffy have never even seen that error  only other thing is trying to reinstall your N.M.M. in case its corrupted in some way. that happened to me once. also check to see if N.M.M is up to date? 

1. Download and install race menu for oldrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624

2. Download SKSE64plugins: https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases, extrackt the file and copy SKEE.dll to Data/SKSE/Plugins in your game folder

3. Delete the old .dlls from Racemenu

ok i installed oldrim racemenu in SE n.m.m. downloaded and extracked  skee.dll  but i cant find a data/skse/plugins in my game folder or my skse folder ? if i need to stall skse64 plug ins and it has the skee.dll do i just need to del the .dll for race menu .. im lost lol .... wait lol steam says i dont have SE installed  but im playing it ??? never had this happen?

ok i think i found it where in intall skee.dll now i just got to figure out where to del old racemenu ones lol steam still saying i cant brouse local because  game not installed lol So im to replace the 4 .dll for the one skee.dll and its done? nope those are 64 .dill so guessing there from the skee. when i installed it before cant find the old dlls now. lol dos not help trying to read all this stuff just gives me a headache guess ill just keep trying to blow up my game  some more lol

2 minutes ago, RamsesSilent said:

2. Download SKSE64plugins: https://github.com/expired6978/SKSE64Plugins/releases, extrackt the file and copy SKEE.dll to Data/SKSE/Plugins in your game folder

ok i installed oldrim racemenu in SE n.m.m. downloaded and extracked  skee.dll  but i cant find a data/skse/plugins in my game folder or my skse folder ? if i need to stall skse64 plug ins and it has the skee.dll do i just need to del the .dll for race menu .. im lost lol .... wait lol steam says i dont have SE installed  but im playing it ??? never had this happen?

there the folder should be... BTW better close NMM if you manually move files. If I were allowed to do so, I would have posted at least a link to an installable Version 

The place.PNG

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

there the folder should be... BTW better close NMM if you manually move files. If I were allowed to do so, I would have posted at least a link to an installable Version 

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.JPG.9af5505e283005219c58787b486ed9e3.JPG

i have this. i installed oldrim Racemenu what do i need to delete because i am missing deleting something because i had to uninstall it or i CTD every time i hit launcher .

7 hours ago, RamsesSilent said:

ok i think i found it where in intall skee.dll now i just got to figure out where to del old racemenu ones lol steam still saying i cant brouse local because  game not installed lol So im to replace the 4 .dll for the one skee.dll and its done? nope those are 64 .dill so guessing there from the skee. when i installed it before cant find the old dlls now. lol dos not help trying to read all this stuff just gives me a headache guess ill just keep trying to blow up my game  some more lol

You also need skee64.ini along with skee64.dll

6 hours ago, DoubleTrouble999 said:

You also need skee64.ini along with skee64.dll

Well good new is I have found the 2 mods that where causing my ctd's in riften and a few other places the new sewers mod dos not like cursed loot. and a mini dresses mod i had before i got spices. and i understand where to put the skree .ini and .dll what i dont know is what im to delete from race menu. but ill figure it out i had to rush my uncle to the hospital to day and they dont think he is going to make it so just got hope to crash. for a few hours ill deal with this late.

Ok i give up lol. my stupid dyslexic old ass dos not get it! i thought i did it. played for hours with no problems logged out and now it ctd on load in to any of my saves. and at this point i dont even know if i can figure out how to get it back to the way it was before i started deleting shit. lol @DoubleTrouble999 and @Pfiffy thanks for trying to help.

On 5/25/2018 at 1:12 PM, Pfiffy said:

The place.PNG

My structure looks quite different, I am using Mod Organizer 2, it seems to keep mods saved outside of the main skyrim se folder. So I edited the Racemenu folder there, where skse\data\plugs is located, copied the new dll and ini over, removed the old dll's (and even tried removing the old ini's ) and the game fails to launch, just like it does before making any changes. I cant seem to get the game to load period with Racemenu at all, and NIOverride will let it load fine, but it doesnt seem to register with the mods as if its not actually working, though it seems thats a known issue for SE. Any suggestion on how I can get racemenu to work? Here is the location that I was editing:

C:\Users\(user)\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\(modprofilename)\mods\RaceMenu\SKSE\Plugins

It seems that the SKSE executable and dlls are in the skyrim se folder, but that all outside mods are crammed into the location above. Im not sure if that has to do with getting Racemenu to work. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

I found a zaz converted by someone else, I will look and see if i can find where I got mine from. It was from a forum link here somewhere. Works fine with SSE. If you want to look too, I believe i found it by following forum trails on getting the Devious Device things functional.

Thanks for that video! Yeah it looks like I will need to grab the extractor and creation tools to get this to work.