Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

The thief or "highway man" who tries to rob you on your travels always cracks me up :)  Most recent attempt I was walking with four followers in tow two warriors and two archers and this asshat thinks he is going to strong arm five people. I give him a A for effort and having huge balls to try.

One that happened I tried to get to repeat but never did.... was on a rare occasion Alvor asks Sigrid {Riverwood black smith} for something to drink and she replies "after what you done last night I think not" What I tried to get to repeat they had this conversation and she attacked him with dagger in hand after she said her part lol.

17 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

The thief or "highway man" who tries to rob you on your travels always cracks me up

Aah, yes. On several occassions I've had them pop up in the middle of a multi-party fight - OBIS, Thalmor, animals (various), Forsworn, Imps, Stormies, Necromancers, any combination thereof.

30 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

The thief or "highway man" who tries to rob you on your travels always cracks me up :)

Yeah, there have been several of those type of encounters I disabled because I found them annoying, such as the fugitive/hunter encounters or DB Assassin encounters. But I've kept the thief encounters just because of hilariously inept they tend to be.

Aside from their brilliant attempts to mug my previous characters while they were in full werewolf form one of my favorite things about them is how often you find one "hiding" to ambush you... in the middle of an open field in broad daylight ?

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Aah, yes. On several occassions I've had them pop up in the middle of a multi-party fight - OBIS, Thalmor, animals (various), Forsworn, Imps, Stormies, Necromancers, any combination thereof.

1 hour ago, MrEsturk said:

Yeah, there have been several of those type of encounters I disabled because I found them annoying, such as the fugitive/hunter encounters or DB Assassin encounters. But I've kept the thief encounters just because of hilariously inept they tend to be.

Aside from their brilliant attempts to mug my previous characters while they were in full werewolf form one of my favorite things about them is how often you find one "hiding" to ambush you... in the middle of an open field in broad daylight ?

It's the mechanics of the game enemies do not have sense or NPCS another example is when you battle a dragon and are victorious here comes a lone wolf ready to have a go at you... like really you seen me kill a dragon but some how you think you have a chance lol.

How many times have you seen an NPC go after a dragon when they attack a village with their fists perhaps to much mead aka liquid courage perhaps.

Probably my favourite npc/dragon moment every playthrough is the Whiterun guard who reports to the jarl after you've handed in the Dragonstone.

"Tell him what you told me. About the dragon."

*short pause* "Oh, that's right..."

It's like he's totally forgotten. I mean, it's not like seeing "the first dragon in Skyrim since the last age" would be particularly memorable or anything.

1 hour ago, SleepyJim said:

Probably my favourite npc/dragon moment every playthrough is the Whiterun guard who reports to the jarl after you've handed in the Dragonstone.

"Tell him what you told me. About the dragon."

*short pause* "Oh, that's right..."

It's like he's totally forgotten. I mean, it's not like seeing "the first dragon in Skyrim since the last age" would be particularly memorable or anything.

I always assumed he had a thing for Irileth and was staring at her assets while daydreaming, but my headcannon is suspect.

mine is not weirdness or strangeness 

iike the "I am a flying chicken" pose (yes i have had that one) or

getting a letter sending me to myself for a quest reward (yes i have had that one too) 

so much as a PEBKAC due to me overloading the Drunken Hunstman (over 20 mod added followers + the regular Whiterun citizens who go there)

which means if i walk in there "bound and helpless" there are only 2 ways i can get out of that Tavern:

1 - with a follower i have to manage to work my way to a door so that i can trigger leaving between scenes, and i get several NPCs that will follow me out

to have their own turn, then i still have to deal with the "public indecency" fines i have racked up.

2 - without a follower it will run scene after scene until someone decides i should be enslaved, and yes i still have "public indecency" fines to pay off that way too.

of course my most interesting moment was one i wish i could have captured.  fighting a giant below the College of Winterhold, the giant did the "ground slam" that sent

me flying way up in the air (normally dead when i land), but as i flew slightly sideways i ended up on top of the Arch-Mages quarters ... on the roof ... barely alive.

this of course left me in a different predicament ... how to get down without dying.  tried jumping down to the walkway outside the Arcaneium = dead, and it was the 

closest landing point i had.  27 attempts later i did manage to land in the water and live, what was funny about the whole thing is i landed within aggro of the same

giant that knocked me up there.

13 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

the giant did the "ground slam" that sent

me flying way up in the air (normally dead when i land), but as i flew slightly sideways i ended up on top of the Arch-Mages quarters ... on the roof ... barely alive.

You know those eagles/hawks that you see circling the skies? Did you know you can stand on them and surf them?

Nor did I untill a giant once knocked me into the moons and I landed on one of the buggers. That damned bird saved my life...

...for all of four seconds. :3

Okay, what's the record for most followers going through a load door without glitches? I think my record is eight. Seems like I always have that one that just doesn't keep up with the group. We get into a massive battle somewhere, victory is finally secured and that one follower comes running up out of nowhere like "Okay, I'm here now! Where are they at? Let me at em'!". Nope, you missed the party again.

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Okay, what's the record for most followers going through a load door without glitches? I think my record is eight. Seems like I always have that one that just doesn't keep up with the group. We get into a massive battle somewhere, victory is finally secured and that one follower comes running up out of nowhere like "Okay, I'm here now! Where are they at? Let me at em'!". Nope, you missed the party again.

Neither the Empire nor the Stormcloaks can afford five people at a time, so I tend to stick with one. Handily defeats follower issues, especially when you can't afford him/her half the time. Besides, where's the fun in showing up with literally everyone in your squad when those losers can't even muster a team? ?

A number of years ago I installed a mod that put merchants in each player home.  The one in Breezehome was a woman.  I kept finding the blacksmith from Windhelm, Oengul, coming out of Breezehome as my PC approached it.  Made me wonder what else that merchant was selling.

A couple of years ago I was playing with Untamed and running with a mixed group of goblins, skellies a couple of trolls and had just picked up a minotaur. I went to Heartwood Mill to report Leifnarr's death. I forgot to park the gang before entering the farmhouse. There would probably have been between 12 and 18 of us outside. How many made it in I don't know as there wasn't room enough to count - let's just say that space was at a premium.

"You need to leave, now"

"I'm trying"

"You need to leave, now"

"I'm still trying"

etc, etc, etc.

I couldn't see the door, never mind open it. Reload; lesson learnt.

On 5/25/2018 at 9:59 PM, KoolHndLuke said:

i generally play with just a single follower, however having completed the Buxom Wench Yuriana mod recently i wanted to move all its possible follower into

a single location so just went and grabbed them all at once when i got that "wild hair" which gave me a total of 1 regular follower, 9 Wenches, and 5 "Milk Cows",

for a total of 15 following me.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:33 PM, SkyAddiction said:

those losers can't even muster a team?

With the Genesis mod, enemies can most certainly muster a challenging team. I also use populated forts and caves. I went to get the Horn of Jurgen(?) again and that place was filled with bandits and draugr- all at varying levels. Also have Colorful Magic- dark edition installed. Those enemies have a minimum level of 50 and have strong weapons and powerful spells. Also use Deadly Dragons and a few Mihail monsters to toughen things up more.:P

I was out near Robber's Gorge* and had an orc bandit chasing after a mubcrab while shouting 'I'm gonna skin you alive'. Tricky, especially with a two-handed sword.

* pronounced Rubbers George.

And then I arrived in Morphal. N'yess. That's Alva sat at in the table.

1010756929_enb2018_05_2721_18_20_65.thumb.jpg.5a2edb360dfa3ad38df807b2186cdd7d.jpg