Share the weird quirks of your modded Skyrim.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

OMG, I tripped out the first time I saw this! I walked by a mannequin and noticed it following my movement and I'm sure my char went "Eeekkk!". Man, I'm going to try and make it so they follow you and stand over your bed while you sleep too. Stupid, creepy mannequins!:P

Yer should play Condemned Criminal Origins at some point. The Department Store level is something else, still the most horrifying thing I've seen in a vidio game since Bloodline's hotel level.

So my character wrote a letter to herself, congratulating herself for murdering a town drunk that raped her and requesting she meet up with herself to receive a reward. She then gave that letter to a courier and requested the courier deliver it to her:28452631_bandicam2018-05-1805-01-35-142.thumb.png.2a7786c49a584b51b7471fb4390ad1b7.png

You know, she's been through a lot. One can hardly blame her for losing her mind a little ? Of course now I have a minor quest directing me to meet up with myself for a reward I will never be able to get rid of, lol. Selecting it doesn't put a quest marker on me.

2 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

So my character wrote a letter to herself, congratulating herself for murdering a town drunk that raped her and requesting she meet up with herself to receive a reward. She then gave that letter to a courier and requested the courier deliver it to her:

jebus, that even beats couriers turning up with letters from friends outside sovengarde's meadhall

10 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

jebus, that even beats couriers turning up with letters from friends outside sovengarde's meadhall

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night nor other planes of existence stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

- Skyrim couriers' motto

Heh. Never had a courier in Sovngarde. Pretty dedicated of them to carry on the job after popping their clogs. I've had them turn up ridiculously quickly at times. Like I shout, go through a loading door, and then there's a courier with a letter from a friend saying how much of a stir I made in such-and-such a place with my Thu'um.

Other weirdness: recently I had the fugitive event on the coast up near Solitude. The guy came running up to me to offload whatever he'd stolen and blundered straight through a group of horkers. He was standing talking to me while they gored him to death...

55 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

Heh. Never had a courier in Sovngarde. Pretty dedicated of them to carry on the job after popping their clogs. I've had them turn up ridiculously quickly at times. Like I shout, go through a loading door, and then there's a courier with a letter from a friend saying how much of a stir I made in such-and-such a place with my Thu'um.

Other weirdness: recently I had the fugitive event on the coast up near Solitude. The guy came running up to me to offload whatever he'd stolen and blundered straight through a group of horkers. He was standing talking to me while they gored him to death...

Its even funnier when that guy shows up and hands you his pilfered goods while you're in werewolf form. You almost get a Loony Tunes vibe from it: like he was so distracted running from the hunter he robbed he handed off his loot to a man eating monster. Then just as he's starting to sneak away he sudden realizes what he's done, spins around to confirm it, then gives the werewolf an awkward grin before running like hell.

And then of course there is the Darwin award winning thieves:

35296160-1510027763.thumb.png.cd5b05339ccdb525463cc4aa1ee26952.png

I was thinking of making my orc a werewolf, though the next character I was contemplating might suit it better. My orc doesn't usually have any luck intimidating those thieves though. She towers over them, clad in the bones of the dragons she's slaughtered, carrying an enormous warhammer gifted by Malacath himself, and all they say is, "Nice try, but you don't scare me." One swing later and she shrugs and saunters on down the road.

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Quicksilver Mine, Dawnstar. The only mine in the world where you have to wipe your feet before entering.

You know I haven't been in that mine in years? Strange. I tend to ignore some places all together. We need a little drama in one of those mines like a cave-in where you have to rescue trapped miners or something.

On 5/23/2018 at 10:07 PM, The First Lady of Hats said:

Yer should play Condemned Criminal Origins at some point. The Department Store level is something else, still the most horrifying thing I've seen in a vidio game since Bloodline's hotel level.

Glad I'm not the only one to remember the hotel. That entire story line was years ahead of its time.

19 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Is it just me?

Quicksilver Mine, Dawnstar.

That place is cursed. There's something weird and different in that mine every time I visit it with different mods. The latest is holes in the ground that extend to Aetherius. I'm positive it's just a texture problem I'm far too lazy to fix since I very rarely go there, but I still refuse to step on them.

Other fun things:

1. I almost always play non-Dragonborn, so I use Timing is Everything to set the random dragon attacks to 200 days and 0%. Because I'm too lazy to use a "not Dragonborn" mod. That means every 200 days, a dragon will appear, fly around and attack things, then land only to instantly and mysteriously die. It goes without saying that dragon bits are rare and my under-powered characters can't handle the sleeping ones, so dragon tools would properly be the most expensive things in Skyrim if the economy were dynamic.

2. Last time I tested PO, I got arrested in Windhelm, paraded through the streets, and since I have Populated Cities, Towns, and Villages, there were about ten people trying to whip my character at any given time. Well, the whips deal quite the damage so by the time it was over, half the inhabitants were dead from accidentally hitting each other. No wonder the Empire is failing; the Imperials can't even take a single hold while one unfortunate little woman under level 10 sacked the capitol of the rebellion when unarmed and in chains. ?

3. I added SD cages to my last playthrough to see how it works now without the badass bandits and such. I never saw a single one until my save started coming apart. See, once I start getting bored, I'll start testing mods and clean saves can only do so much. Anyway, I raided Fort Neugrad, killed everyone outside, cleared the prison, then confidently walked into the main hall with my follower in tow and promptly shot the nearest bandit sitting at one of the tables. For nearly no damage at all. Up popped Baddass Bandit. That's when the entire hall appeared to be crawling over itself  (it's kind of dark with my ENB), and so many red pips appeared on the compass I couldn't count them. I immediately turned around and sprinted the 5m to the door. I've never noped out of a fight so fast in all the time I've played Skyrim. ?

Haha. My horse was flying in Cyrodiil. She stopped before I could get a screen shot and I couldn't make her do it again. Also had a skeleton in Cloud Ruler Temple Float off the ground, up to the top and straight through a hole in the roof! Had to reload to get it back again.?

5 hours ago, SkyAddiction said:

See, once I start getting bored, I'll start testing mods

Amen to that, brother. My reasoning is that it is easy eough to get a mod working on a new game but how does it perform or what effect does it have on a mature game.

I've just left Dawnstar in a new game but I didn't go in the mine. If I'd seen your post I'd have been right in there. I'll put it on my 'to do' list - visit 'cursed mine'.

So I decide to have a nice walk over the mountains to establish a new PAH Institutional Learning Facility over in the Rift. With graduates in tow (and one that sadly does not meet program requirements) we set out of Lakeview Manor with the Gypsy Eyes Caravan. I love the caravan but it's basically a rolling boulder trap. We don't even get past the Lakeview Manor Coy Pond/Water Feature of Woe and the wagon runs over my damn pheasant from Mihail's elements. I know it was the cart because Thuse (the horse) has the AI of a bunny rabbit.

Onward, 10 steps later OBIS spawns a bandit up on the hills that have never spawned so much as a hawk to my knowledge ever before. Serana, with instincts honed from years of super predation reanimates the pheasant. I cast rally on the Graduates and a wall of arrows, ice spikes, and fire balls defoliate the entire hillside and the bandit tumbles down the hill conveniently into easily lootable range. Pheasants have no ranged attack for future reference.

enb bagage train.jpg

15 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

They make great amunition for some of Phenderix's Telekinetic spells though >:D

Wow. 400 spells. I could probably make yet another play though just with that if I ever get the hang of spell casting.

21 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Flying or falling with style?

Well, flying down the side of a mountain. Then falling.:D  Am I the only one that tries to snipe necromancers before they raise those dead bodies lying around in caves and stuff? I hate seeing ash piles- it's so unprofessional.

New game, just entered Solitude for the first time and went to watch the execution. Forgot that Jaree goes mental these days. Dipshit attacks my level 4 naked character so I disabled the him. End result:

63099665_enb2018_05_2513_19_20_13.thumb.jpg.23f85a5d329b7911859504b98842beb3.jpg

The fishmonger guy must have been as impressed as I was as he turned, said "I've got salmon to sell" and walked off.

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Well, flying down the side of a mountain. Then falling.:D  Am I the only one that tries to snipe necromancers before they raise those dead bodies lying around in caves and stuff? I hate seeing ash piles- it's so unprofessional.

I wouldn't call it unprofessional, just callous and utterly selfish. I mean, what kind of a walking bag of dicks does one have to be that they don't first check if the deceased wanted to be buried or cremated?

So yes, I snipe them first. Not to mention no one ever said they like getting dead guy on their shoes and meant it.