About This File
Sexbound v3 installs a framework and custom artwork that can be used by others to create prefab and custom sex interactions in Starbound.
⁉️ Choose to download only one file: Pak or Src. The Pak version has better compression and loads faster, whereas the Src version is already unpacked for users who want to manually customize their experience.
Additionally, you can visit the official Sexbound API website for the latest news and updates, and you can browse through a list of up-to-date add-on and species support mods too. Subscribe to the push notifications to receive news and updates about the website directly to your device.
> Released minor version with major bug fix.
Creator of all core couples artwork and particle effects.
Author of the vanilla species actor sex talk dialog.
Code writer and bug crusher.
SFX Moans (Male)
Created default male moan SFX.
SFX Moans (Female)
Created default female moan SFX.
If you're enjoying this latest content, then please consider supporting me by becoming a patron or by sending me a one-time tip.
Please understand, that your donation helps me to pay for the cost of living which in-turn enables me to focus more time in creating adult content for Starbound. I plan to continue developing the Sexbound API and creating content, but it might need to be to a lesser extent until I can secure sufficient funding per month.
Manna (Universal Basic Income)
June 21, 2019 | New QA Form is Live.
A new form has been created to collect bug/defect reports from users. The data entered into the form will be manually reviewed and entered into a separate bug tracking software.
Please find the new form at : https://forms.gle/9if1q8Z6yyPpz18J9
The below spoiler contains previous announcements.
May 7, 2019 | Launched Official Website
A new website for this modding API has been launched. I'm still in the process of getting some things situated, and I hope to add more features to begin building a community.
Users can visit the new website at : www.sexboundapi.com
April 3, 2019 | Final Major Update
The newly released v2.9 is the final major update to the Sexbound API, and it is no longer considered to be in beta. There's a long list of new features to highlight, but you can read about them in the change log below. The most important features to highlight are:
1) Newly added UI button commands to toggle on/off all worn clothing with the UI overlay.
2) Newly added 'Sexbound Loungeable Addon' can be purchased from the Infinity Express and used to upgrade compatible loungeable furniture objects for lounging or having sex.
3) Custom hats and custom dyes on compatible clothing items are shown while having sex.
4) NPCs and other entities can be transformed while in protected instances such as the Outpost.
5) NPCs are no longer required to die in order to transform into a loungeable sex object.
After this update, I will be taking a long break from creating content for Starbound, and I'm going to focus the majority of my time on other endeavors. In the meantime, I'll continue to provide support and patch any major bugs that arise. Please note, that there have been new goals set on my Patreon page, and I'm not neglecting those goals. If any of the goals are met, then you can expect that I will follow through with spending the specified amount of time working to improve this project and other related mods.
Thank you to my supporters, and it's largely you and my previous angel investors that made this all possible.
February 14, 2019 | Happy Valentines Day! ❤️
I've picked up my repaired laptop, and I've resumed working on this project. Once again, thank you so much! - to everyone who helped me to get over that hump in the road.
A new minor version was released to fix an issue that has been plaguing Mac OS users for a very long time. After updating to version 2.8.3, Mac OS players should be able to transform NPCs into Sex Nodes when they are standing in front of background tiles. The problem has been that the world.tileIsOccupied function is used to check when a tile is occupied before placing a Sex Node, and the function behaves differently on Mac OS where it by default checks if background tiles are occupied. The fix was to explicitly set the function to check foreground tiles only.
February 9, 2019 | Laptop is being repaired.
We're good! Wow! First of all, I would like to express the utmost gratitude to each and every donator who has sent me a donation. You are all literally my angels, and you all rock! I've taken my Macbook in for repair, and it'll be about 10 business days until the battery is replaced. The donations have helped me to completely cover the cost to have it repaired. Once again, thank you all very much because I would never have been able to cover that cost anytime soon. In the meantime, I will be able to use my SO's computer on a part-time basis to do some quick work to improve the documentation, and I'll setup a temporary dev environment to continue polishing my latest additions to the framework.
February 8, 2019 | Computer died.
I went to login to my Macbook, but I was unable to boot it up without it shutting down before getting into an operating system. Eventually, I was able to boot it up and troubleshoot the issue, and I was able to backup my latest work. In the process, I learned that my Macbook's battery is almost completely dead, and it will need to be replaced.
Today, I went to an authorized repair shop to check how much it will cost to have the battery replaced, and I have been quoted about 225 USD. I've been working full time to develop and maintain the Sexbound mod for Starbound, and it has left little time for me to earn an income doing anything else.
So, I would greatly appreciate any extra donations that I can get to help me cover this expense. Thank you, all!
Currently at : $236.17 / $225 = 100%
January 13, 2019 | New Features.
In beta version 2.8.0, characters can wear supported chest items, and the Hawaiian costume is fully enabled in this release. Players can spawn in the Hawaiian items with the following commands:
/spawnitem hawaiianchest /spawnitem hawaiianhead /spawnitem hawaiianlegs
Furthermore, this released version begins actually checking compatibility between the API and supported mods. The Required Version number set in an entity's sexboundConfig will be compared with the installed version of Sexbound API. If a mismatch between versions is found, then the Player will be notified to update either Sexbound API or a specific mod.
There are many modders interested in creating custom wearable clothing, and I'll work closely to help them get started to make their clothing SxB compatible. So, keep on the lookout for new wearable clothing mods!
Download previous versions of Sexbound API from the Official Archive: Mega.nz
This modding API was made for Starbound v1.3.2, and it is compatible with v1.4.0.
Installing the PAK version
1. Delete / Backup any previously installed version of the API.
2. Extract the contents of the .zip file.
3. Move the .pak file directly into your Starbound mods directory.
Installing the UNPAK version
1. Delete / Backup any previously installed version of the API.
2. Extract the contents of the .zip file.
3. Move the single extracted folder into your mods directory.
⁉️ Unable to find your mod folder's location? Check the spoiler.
The below installation locations are for users who purchased Starbound from Steam.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods
1) How to create a custom species support mod for Sexbound API v2.6.x and up.
[ Click Here ]
Please read the below frequently asked questions before asking your question in the support forum.
1. How can I protect myself and / or my family members from experiencing the content of this mod?
Don't install it. All end-users of this software must be at least 18 years old to view, download, and / or install this software.
2. Does this mod support my character's race?
All major playable vanilla races and many custom races are supported. You must download a separate support mod for your custom race. If you cannot find a support mod for your character's race, then make a request for the Community to create a support mod.
3. How do I have sex with an NPC?
There are two main methods to have sex with an NPC, and both methods will require you to download additional mod.
Method #1 - Shoot an NPC with Aphrodite's Bow (i) which is a SxB compatible bow that is a commonly used by many players. Its primary attack transforms an NPC into a sex node object, whereas the secondary attack causes an NPC to max its arousal instantly. You must download and install the Aphrodite's Bow mod, then you'll need to complete the quest line to obtain the bow.
Method #2 - Use a SxB Loungeable Addon object to extend the functionality of a loungeable bed to enable having sex. You must use another compatible mod to influence an NPC to enter a sex-enabled bed, such as Aphrodite's Bow, Naturally Horny, or Statue of Dibella.
4. How can I obtain a SxB Loungeable Addon object?
The SxB Loungeable Addon item can be purchased from Infinity Express (Outpost) for 1000 pixels each. Or, they can be found as reward in almost any chest or storage container that rewards treasure.
5. How do I place the SxB Loungeable Addon onto a loungeable furniture object?
You can place the SxB Loungeable Addon by horizontally centering it over a loungeable object, then place it when the highlight around the placement image turns blue. If it doesn't turn blue at all, then the furniture object has not been made to be compatible. If you have experience placing addons on a fully upgraded anvil, then you can expect the process to be very similar.
6. How long will an NPC stay transformed as a sex node object?
By default, an entity will stay transformed as a sex node object for up to five minutes, but it depends on which mod is used to transform the entity.
7. How can I return an NPC to normal when it is transformed into a sex node object?
You can use you matter manipulator to smash the entity, or you can attack the transformed NPCs feet, then it'll transform back into its normal state. Furthermore, tenants will transform back into their normal state upon being called home.
8. Why can't I have sex with a certain NPC?
You can have sex with vast majority of vanilla NPCs, but some of the NPCs, such as story NPCs, are not compatible by default. It's only a matter of time until they are made to be compatible as it takes a considerable amount of time to create the required custom sprites. It is no longer a problem to have sex with crew members or entities located within protected instances.
Furthermore, certain third-party mods might cause some NPC types to not function such as villagers. For example, Space Police and Killable NPCs are two mods that cause the Villager type NPCs to no longer function with Sexbound API. It's possible to continue using some third-party mods that cause trouble for Sexbound API, but you must install additional patch mods to provide a fix for specific NPC types. These patch mods have been configured to be the last mods loaded which lessens the likelihood that their additions will be overwritten by other mods:
9. Can I have sex with another player?
Yes, you can have sex with another player. Currently, the only method to have sex with another player is to lounge together in a sex-enabled furniture object.
10. How long must I wait for my character to try to give birth after choosing to give birth later?
The player character will try to give birth again after 1 day has elapsed.
11. How do I change the actors to use their default head artwork during the animation?
In the sexbound.config file - under actor > defaultArtwork > head - change the value to be :
12. Where is the sexbound.config file located?
The sexbound.config file is located in the root folder of this mod, but you must download and use the UNPAK version.
13. How do I edit the sexbound.config file?
Open the file using notepad or another ASCII text editor, then make your changes and save normally.
14. Why isn't an actor displaying pregnancy?
By default, the pregnancy fetish is disabled. You must manually enable the pregnancy fetish setting Pregnant plugin's config option "enablePregnancyFetish" to be 'true'.
Note: Pregnancy doesn't show up outside of having sex because it's a limitation that cannot be overcome in Starbound.
15. How can I visit the Sexbound Sandbox dungeon?
You can use the command /sexboundsandbox to teleport there.
* You must be at least 18 years old to view, download, or install this mod.
What's New in Version 3.4.1
v3.4.1 - Fixed bug causing dungeons to lose tile protection.
v3.4.0 - Added ability for players, npcs, and monsters to remember their previous climax amount.
- Added new debug macro /sexboundaddon - spawns 99 sexboundloungeableaddon items.
- Added new debug macro /sexboundcodex - spawns a sexbound-codex item.
- Changed actors to periodically sync storage within in-world entity counterpart.
- Changed climax plugin to enable futanari actors to to use male climax particle effects.
- Changed climax plugin to enable monsters to auto climax.
- Changed entity override scripts in the sexbound.config file to use replaceable tags.
- Changed sexbound to be able to spawn sex nodes inside dungeons.
- Changed sexbound_sandbox dungeon to have NPCs.
- Changed sexbound beds to be on the Object+1 render layer.
- Changed main sex node object to no longer have health by default.
v3.3.0 - Added new debug macro /sexboundsandbox - teleport to test sandbox dungeon.
- Added new API (v2) function to get storage: Sexbound.API.getStorage()
- Added new API (v2) function to get Unique Id: Sexbound.API.getUniqueId()
- Added functions to enable/disable tile protection into Sexbound Util module.
- Added error checking function to API functions
- Fixed bug causing transformed actors to be placed underground.
- Refactored all Sexbound API (v2) function endpoints.
- Refactored code: Moan plugin.
v3.2.0 - Changed moan and orgasm sound pitches to default to a range of [1.0, 1.0].
- Add testing dungeon.
- Changed the monsters to have identity override script.
- Changed the player to automatically set universe flag 'sexbound_installed'.
- Changed the way NPC identities are built back to the previous method.
- Refactor code.
v3.1.0 - Added new mod compatibility checking features. (i.e. requiredVersion: '>=2.0.0')
v3.0.0 - Added new Futanari plugin.
- Added new feature to have up to three different 96x96 pixel overlay animations per each position.
- Added new feature to filter plugin load requirements by a species name.
- Added new feature to set config override file paths in the Sexbound.config file.
- Added new feature to enable unique moans per gender/species.
- Added unique moans for the following: Apex (M/F), Avian(M/F), Glitch (F), Human (F), Hylotl(F), Novakid (F). SFX by Shiyon and Salem.
- Added new default sex position: reverse cowgirl.
- Changed AI to better sex-enable some monsters.
- Changed moan plugin to allow moan and orgasm sound config to be overridden for each species/gender.
- Enabled monsters to be compatible with Sexbound Defeat.
- Reorganized Scripted Climax config files.
- Reorganized plugin code and config files. (Major Change)
- Updated Sexbound FAQ codex.
- Bug Fixes.
- Refactor code. Major changes.
v2.13.0 - Added ability to set new pregnancy prevention statuses to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
- Added ability for monsters to have assigned genders. Courtesy of Red3dred.
v2.12.0 - Added unit test capability.
- Added new supporter names to credits.
- Added test cases.
- Changed documentation to be generated by gulp with gulp-exec.
- Fix bug where wearing a custom hat causes the player to disappear during an interation.
- Update codex to replace short-url with direct link to Sexbound API website.
- Update metadata to have link to main Sexbound API website.
- Various bug fixes.
v2.11.3 - Fixed bug preventing species support mods from patching *_in_bed.config files correctly. Credit: Guy
v2.11.2 - Added new supporter names.
- Fix bug related to crashing the API script when climaxConfig has not been set in actor's position config.
v2.11.1 - Major bug fixes.
v2.11.0 - Added feature to display pregnancy status over an NPCs head when it comes into view.
- Changed icon for Sexbound_Sex stat.
- Changed SexNodes to no longer be smashable.
- Changed new born NPCs to keep their mother's damage team definition.
- Changed various core code to improve Sexbound Defeat functionality.
- Reduced the probabiity of obtaining a Sexbound item from a basic treasure chest to 2%.
2.10.0 - Added ability to enable/disable climax particles from the within the climax config.
- Added new supporter names to credits.
- Added new function to the Positions scope of the API: switchToRandomPosition
- Changed genital masks to cover a greater area.
- Changed sexbound_stun stat to add a new 'sexbound_stun' status property when it is applied to an entity.
- Changed behavior when an entity becomes pregnant to apply 'sexbound_pregnant' status effect.
- Disabled pregnancy fetish by default.
- Fixed major bug that sometimes occurs when an entity transforms.
2.9.3 - Change monster's name to be set based on its capurable name.
- Fix issues related to capturable monsters.
- Fix major bug in the monster override script.
2.9.2 - Fixed the ability to see custom dyes applied to chest wear items.
2.9.1 - Added ability to the API for retrieving the current facing direction.
- Added ability to the API for retrieving the entity's name.
- Added ability to the API to uninitialize all nodes.
- Added ability to the API to replace actors with new list of actors.
- Added ability to the API to replace nodes with new list of nodes.
- Added ability to the API to get the current animation rate of the attached to entity.
- Added ability to the API to set the current animation rate of the attached to entity.
- Enabled SxB Loungeable Addon to work on hay piles.
- Enabled SxB Loungeable Addon to work on dusty beds.
- Enabled SxB Loungeable Addon to work on dusty tables.
- Enabled SxB Loungeable Addon to work on medieval desk.
- Enabled SxB Loungeable Addon to work on medieval tables.
- Enabled SxB Loungeable Addon to work on sleeping bags.
- Fixed minor positions issue regarding how an entity transforms into a sex node.
- Shortened 'Sexbound Loungeable Addon' shortdescription to 'SxB Loungeable Addon'.
- Update internal code documentation.
2.9.0 - Feature Additions, Changes, and Bug Fixes
- Added Sexbound API - FAQ codex item.
- Added ability to add one or more SxB statuses to an actor while wearing SxB enabled clothing items.
- Added ability to prevent actors from switching roles.
- Added ability to setup an object type entity as an actor.
- Added ability to setup a monster type entity as an actor.
- Added new condition to automatically switch actor roles when actor 2 has the 'equipped_strapon' status.
- Added new method to mirror the actor animation group.
- Added option to enable/disable moan sound effects and orgasm sound effects.
- Added scripted climax feature to the Climax plugin.
- Added new orgasmSounds config options to the moan.config file.
- Added new feature to enable SexTalk to process emoticons in the dialog.
- Changed layer order of headwear to be above its actor's body.
- Changed mask artwork for actor 2 by making them entirely filled in.
- Changed twoactors.animation to be outputted by an automated file merging process.
- Changed funcitionality of Emote plugin to be event oriented.
- Changed config option name from "sounds" to "moanSounds" in moan.config.
- Changed Players to give birth to an NPC of type crewmember by default.
- Changed plugin manager to check load requirements as a single value or an array of value.
- Changed NPCs to no longer die when transforming in a Sex Node object.
- Changed NPCs to give birth to NPCs that are the same type by default.
- Changed tenants to reduce arousal stat to zero when called.
- Changed tenants who are transformed into an object to return home when called.
- Changed Floran Celebrator's damageTeamType from Ghostly to Friendly.
- Changed Floran Specator's damageTeamType from Ghostly to Friendly.
- Changed Floran Chieftain's damageTeamType from Ghostly to Friendly.
- Changed sex nodes to be displayed while in debug mode.
- Changed status icon to appear when the player has the 'sexbound_sex' status.
- Changed Sex UI to support more than two actors.
- Changed Sex UI to give better player feedback with success and failure sounds.
- Changed Sex UI to have toggleable apparel buttons.
- Changed Sex UI buttons to display disabled when not in use.
- Enabled custom hats and dyes to be displayed on actor's worn items.
- Fixed SexTalk bugs regarding how dialog is dynamically chosen.
- Fixed bug that prevented players and NPCs from changing clothes while lounging in a furniture object.
- Fixed bug where image frames were not defined for worn clothing during idle, idle-laying, climax and reset states.
- Fixed bug to disable moans and emotes while actor 2 is in the fellatio pose.
- Replaced wanderSimple behavior with new behavior that Sexbound overrides.
- Replaced Floran Chieftain's behavior with new sexboundfloranchieftain behavior.
- Replaced simple behavior of outpostpenguinscientist with sexboundsimple behavior.
- Replaced outpostvisitor behavior with sexboundoutpostvisitor behavior.
- Tweaked the animation offsets of all positions.
- Updated internal code documentation.
- Various other bug fixes.
2.8.3 (BETA): Fix for Mac OS Users
- Fixed issue preventing NPCs from transforming into a Sex Node while standing in front of background tiles.
2.8.2 (BETA): Sexbound.Config Change
- Changed the way sexbound.config file loads plugin scripts. Plugin scripts are loaded as an array rather than a single script now.
2.8.1 (BETA): Bug Fixes
- Fixed hair to be layered correctly during the sex animations.
- Fixed emotes to be shown while an actor is wearing head wear.
2.8.0 (BETA): New Features
- Added support for wearing chest items.
- Added support for characters to wear the Hawaiian costume from the vanilla game.
- Changed the API to check compatible versions between itself and supported mods.
- Fixed bug where NPCs - lounging in a SexNode- only turn invisible when the world loads.
2.7.6 (BETA): Major Bug Fix
- Fix error when attempting to sync storage between an actor and NPC.
2.7.5 (BETA): Minor Change
- Remove fullbright from actor parts during animation.
2.7.4 (BETA): Optimization and Polish
- Adjusted position icons to be better center for the Sexbound UI.
- Refactor code.
2.7.3 (BETA): Major Bug Fix
- Fixed bug causing NPCs to disappear when .npctype file has not been patched to support Sexbound.
2.7.2 (BETA): Major Bug Fix
- Fixed bug preventing default NPCs interactions.
2.7.1 (BETA): Major Bug Fix
- Fixed bug preventing the Player Character from displaying during the animations.
2.7.0 (BETA): New Features
- Added ability to toggle on/off the worn head item with the Sexbound UI Overlay.
- Added Sexbound specific behavior tree modules to the AI of most NPCs.
- Added new arousal resource system.
- Added new 'semen' liquid.
- Added new 'slut' npc type.
- Changed NPCs Sexbound-related behavior to be primarily controlled by the new behavior trees.
- Changed NPCs to 'lay' in the nearest sex-enabled loungeable object when the arousal resource is at least half way full.
- Changed NPCs to store their climax progress.
- Changed climax meters to gradually decrease when actors are not having sex.
- Enabled worn head items to be displayed during sex animations for both players and NPCS.
- Patched default 'sleep' behavior module to disable NPCs from choosing to 'lay' in loungeable objects with the 'sex' item tag.
- Fixed bugs.
- Refactored code.
- Remove official support for all languages besides English.
2.6.3 (BETA): Bug Fix
- Fixed issue where mask is not being applied during the Fellatio position.
- Refactored code.
2.6.2 (BETA): Major Bug Fix
- Fixed bug causing animation freeze or crash.
2.6.1 (BETA): Bug Fix and Changes
- Added new bed objects that can be spawned.
- Changed beds to no longer be patched by Sexbound.
- Fixed bug where characters float above beds.
2.6.0 (BETA): New Features
- Replaced humanoid sprite art with new art.
2.5.0 (BETA): API Additions
- Added more functions to the API.
- Refactored code.
- Updated documentation.
- Added Russian Translation for Pregnant notifications.
2.4.1 (BETA): Bug Fix
- Fixed bug pertaining to the node's system.
2.4 (BETA): New Features and Bug Fixes
- Added support for multiple languages.
- Added support for Russian language.
- Added idle_laying position.
- Added patch to enable support for all sub biome tenants.
- Added patch to enable support for space traders.
- Added patch to enable support for vault key trader.
- Added patch to enable support for merchants.
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: apexbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: birdbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: sacrificialaltar
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: tribalbed2
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: rainbowwoodbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: floranbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: florancouch
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: woodenbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: woodenbed2
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: medievalbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: medievalcellbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: wheelbarrow
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: prisonmattress
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: frontierbed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: tier1bed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: tier2bed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: tier3bed
- Added patch to enable sex with the object: tier4bed
- Added new "thud" sound effect for use with beds.
- Reorganized animator config for two actors.
- Reorganized dialog and radio messages.
- Refactored code and bug fixes.
2.3 (BETA): Custom Race Fix
- Moved the sexbound.config file back to the original location in the file system.
2.2 (BETA): Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed bug causing NPCs to never clear previous pregnancies.
- Enabled different species to crossbreed. Offspring is the same species as mother.
- Restored compatiblitiy with previous custom race support mods.
2.1 (BETA): Added abortion status effect that cancels all current pregnancies.
- Added radio messages to announce pregnancy and births.
- Adjusted female moan pitch to not go so high by default.
- Changed actors to automatically switch roles when a female is the first actor and a male is the second.
- Enabled pregnant players to give birth.
- Reduced the volume of the thrusting sound effect.
- Refactored core pregnancy functionality.
2 (BETA): New UI design built atop custom system.
- New sex talk system uses chat bubbles.
- Each actors tracks its own pleasure level.
- Actors may climax independently.
- Improved and fully animated emotes.
- Climaxing uses the particle system.
- Last but not least, players may have sex with other players.