What armor are you replacing with? Which file you are replacing with?

It should be cuirass_1 -> cuirassf_1.

If the armor is already installed as normal for use there is no need to modify textures as the mesh file will automatically reference the texture's correct folder.

For example if I have the Tali armor installed, take the cuirass file and replace the VL file with it, then it will use the textures from the tali folder as the mesh file already expects them to be there.

yes that works for armours that contain all their textures

However, most armours that show flesh reference the skin texture from the character. Any that do that show a burnt skin texture instead of the female character texture that the armour would normal use.

I also get a different problem with this armour:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23334

Seems to contain the skin' date=' so not a problem, but instead does not display the texture that controls like reflections (normal texture map?)

I have got it working with full armours, like those from the witcher ports, no problem. But looking for something with more flesh.

Thanks for any help!

[/quote']

It sounds like there is some sort of mesh/texture conflict. Do you have multiple armors with similar looks/paths? The burnt skin appears when the game can't find the path to the skin, I had this happen with some armor because I replaced the incorrect files.

My suggestion would be to uninstall the VL pack, then check the armors on your character by spawning them from console and making sure that they correctly show up. Make sure you delete the meshes/actor/vl folder, the meshes/armor/succubus folder and the, textures/armor/succubus folder to clean up anything you might have changed.

Once the armors are known to be correct in your normal skyrim install, re-install the VL pack. Then grab whatever armor you want to replace with, and rename the cuirass_1 to cuirassf_1 and overwrite the mesh in the mesh/armor/succubus folder. Load up the game, transform into VL and see if it still gives the wrong texture. IF it does you may need to edit the Nif itself to correctly path.

I was not using an armour' date=' just the UNP body on its own. To see if I could get it naked, and it shows up burnt

[/quote']

Thats the problem then. It has to be an armor. If you just want a naked body then, take some skimpy armor, edit the nif and delete the clothing parts, and it should work just the same. (I did it with the one supplied with this mod as a test so I know that works.)

Here I edited the UNPB version of lilith to have no cloths (or should have none.)

Yeah this works. It doesn't show burned up the opening the nif. Can you tell me how you did that?

I Dl'd the DarkLilith RAR off nexus, pulled the bikini_1.nif file out. Opened NIFSCOPE. Selected all the blocks that were related to the clothing, deleted them, resaved as cuirassf_1.nif. Done.

:)

What you have to realize is the VL transformation script is calling for armor equiping. What it does is equips the pieces of the VL body on top of your model, references a new skeleton and animation set, and usually locks out certain controls (like inventory.) Theorhetically a modder could make a spell script thats similar and set up 5-6 entries sort of like FNIS, so that the VL can cast spell 1, and it equips body 1. With the BU frame work it could also be done on health. It just requires alot of children folders to contain the extra meshes/textures to be called back by the script.

Heyo everyone' date='

I started off with my posts on this thread:

starting thread

Though apparently people seemed more interested than I thought.

So far here's what I've done. I've gotten rid of the vampire lord mesh, and replaced it with a normal custom body. The body retains its face gen; meaning: hair, eyes, and face style remain the same even in vampire lord form.

I also changed the female vampire lord armor, into ADEC's version of succubus armor. Which is just my own preference.

There's still alot of work to improve upon, because of the awkward look of the vampire lord leaning forward all the time. This is probably due to the fact that I'm currently using the vampire lord behavior with the female_skeleton.nif.

Some vids of what I've done so far:

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Some screenies:

2012-08-15_00001.jpg

2012-08-29_00001.jpg

2012-08-29_00004.jpg

2012-08-15_00009.jpg

2012-08-29_00003.jpg

I will post more progress as it comes.

Beta Release for those who wanted to test it:

Beta Custom Vampire Lord Release

Words cannot express how grateful I am to you!

The vampire Lord form is hideous, but this makes it so tolerable!

Are you planning on doing a male version too?

Another thought is do you know the file name and path of the ASTRID skin thats being used? Could just replace that with the right texture

I'd assume its textures/armor/succubus a.dds and a_n.dds but I have no way to open or edit dds atm.

Otherwise the lighting problem I can see as being 1 of a few things.

Incompatability with UNP or UNPBB, that armor set itself has issues normally, you have something installed wrong/bad load order. All I did was remove the clothing from the mesh, it should be virtually unchanged from its original mod otherwise.

Try adding this one as well as see if it fixes the lighting error.

I'd assume its textures/armor/succubus a.dds and a_n.dds but I have no way to open or edit dds atm.

Otherwise the lighting problem I can see as being 1 of a few things.

Incompatability with UNP or UNPBB, that armor set itself has issues normally, you have something installed wrong/bad load order. All I did was remove the clothing from the mesh, it should be virtually unchanged from its original mod otherwise.

Try adding this one as well as see if it fixes the lighting error.

Are you actually trying these in game?

Because you of course need to change both 1 and 0 versions of the file, or nothing changes at all.

The normal file is fine, changing it to work with the VL breaks the texture light mapping...

Its not an error with file paths

The textures in the succubus folder are not causing the ASTRID effect, I have disabled all textures, including a.dds and a_n.dds, and the parts using the textures are purple, the burnt skin remains. It is access a texture file inside the game files, not a custom one to create the burnt skin effect, mostlikely ASTRID's skin or something

I figured it out how to get rid of astrid textures.
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ajnztg.jpg
I just changed all the default paths, which lead to astrid textures, to the normal female ones like the succubus mesh.

I am a witch. I just made the armor compatible to any body just by redirceting the texture path. I simply used the ADEC Fair Skin Complexion textures.
http://oi48.tinypic.com/29di79e.jpg
http://oi45.tinypic.com/34dps9d.jpg
  :D I even removed that horrendous pubic hair.

Can someone tell me how to change wings? It is really bothering to have wings without animations. How do I set the correct slot in nifscope?

Thank you Silvist for this great mod.

Woah looks like alot of stuff has been going on here since I last checked lol.

@Killingsun - You are welcome. In order to have wings with animation, we would need a custom female_skeleton.nif with wings attached. That is unfortunately out of my field of experience.

My goal was to simply have a better looking vampire lord.

For everyone who is having problems with textures, I can probably guess exactly what it is...the CK. Since I make armor mods as well, I have had issues with simple replacers.

So what I've had to do is go into the stupid CK, and reset the texture paths. Even if they are set right in nifskope, doesn't mean it'll be set right in game. UNLESS the armor in nifskope is in the EXACT same order as the one you are replacing it with.

I'm sure everyone can see when you open armor in nifskope, there is multiple parts to it. If you look on the left you can see the names of it. To the stupid ass CK..that matters. If its not named the same, and or not in the EXACT same order...texture screw up will occur.

This maybe my fault, because I used a version of ADEC that has pubic hair. (though that's how the succubus armor comes lol).

The wings I believe are set to slot 45. Though again unless its named exactly the same in nifskope, the textures will look all retarded. You have to open the CK and add the wings or at least the textures for the wings.

I used to think only certain things about the CK would piss me off, but this adds to it lol.

@Emmine - I'm guessing that the body you are trying to use has "more" textures than the one I'm using. Or they are somehow named differently.

If you guys are still having problems with doing your own versions, I don't mind helping. Just tell me what armor, and body you want and I'll make a new esp.

@Kittyeh - I do plan to do a male vampire lord as well..I just need to decide on a good armor to go with it. I saw the wings that Cegi recommended, which will work.

Though, any idea on the male vampire lord armor?

Edit:

HAHAHA I just thought of an evil idea for the male vampire lord. I was thinking of using Gabriel Belmont's Armor, that XiNavro made. I couldn't help thinking of the irony. Again if anyone has any ideas for the male, let me know ;p

SNIP

If you have any scripting know how I would suggest taking a look at the BU scripts.

An idea would be to use a system where the more you feed (like better vampires mod) and rank up the different you look, thus you could get more and more grotesque the less blood you have and vice versa, while in vampire lord form. You could also do a damage system for the VL forms, where low HP, perhaps the horns are broken and the wings shredded.

Theres alot of opportunities to enhance immersion this way.

Woah looks like alot of stuff has been going on here since I last checked lol.

@Killingsun - You are welcome. In order to have wings with animation' date=' we would need a custom female_skeleton.nif with wings attached. That is unfortunately out of my field of experience.

My goal was to simply have a better looking vampire lord.

For everyone who is having problems with textures, I can probably guess exactly what it is...the CK. Since I make armor mods as well, I have had issues with simple replacers.

So what I've had to do is go into the stupid CK, and reset the texture paths. Even if they are set right in nifskope, doesn't mean it'll be set right in game. UNLESS the armor in nifskope is in the EXACT same order as the one you are replacing it with.

I'm sure everyone can see when you open armor in nifskope, there is multiple parts to it. If you look on the left you can see the names of it. To the stupid ass CK..that matters. If its not named the same, and or not in the EXACT same order...texture screw up will occur.

This maybe my fault, because I used a version of ADEC that has pubic hair. (though that's how the succubus armor comes lol).

The wings I believe are set to slot 45. Though again unless its named exactly the same in nifskope, the textures will look all retarded. You have to open the CK and add the wings or at least the textures for the wings.

I used to think only certain things about the CK would piss me off, but this adds to it lol.

@Emmine - I'm guessing that the body you are trying to use has "more" textures than the one I'm using. Or they are somehow named differently.

If you guys are still having problems with doing your own versions, I don't mind helping. Just tell me what armor, and body you want and I'll make a new esp.

@Kittyeh - I do plan to do a male vampire lord as well..I just need to decide on a good armor to go with it. I saw the wings that Cegi recommended, which will work.

Though, any idea on the male vampire lord armor?

Edit:

HAHAHA I just thought of an evil idea for the male vampire lord. I was thinking of using Gabriel Belmont's Armor, that XiNavro made. I couldn't help thinking of the irony. Again if anyone has any ideas for the male, let me know ;p

[/quote']

-cough.-

Actually, is there a mediafire link?

I can't find the actual download button..it's just a bunch of ads.. x_x;

Thanks, Silvest. I'll see if I can experiment. I hate working with the CK as it takes so long to load and is bugged...

Male Vampire Lord armor?

First I wnat to say that with your mod enabled the male version looks all fucked up with the succubus wings plus deadric boots and gauntlets attached to the default model. :D I'd suggest starting with replacing it with daedric?

I saw there was an DMC4 Demon Dante Armor here. That one fits! I'm actually fine with anything but the default vanilla look. :D

@KillingSun - That's very odd you say the Male Vampire lord is messed up. Because I didn't even touch the male version at all. It should be completely vanilla. For me Harkon seemed to change fine, and his animations seemed to work as well. Perhaps there's another issue I don't know about.

Hopefully its not related to the float_idle.hkx. Well only reason I thought of Gabriel Belmont:

(Don't read this in case you still plan to play Lord of Shadows, and don't want story ruined ;p)

Becomes Dracula. In fact in the sequel his armor becomes tattered with age, and some what resembles his original armor. Even though I more preferred Mathias from Lament to innocent as the original dracula.

I guess I'll try different armors, and see what one "appears" to fit the vampire lord.

Finally got off my arse and made a mediafire account (I don't like file hosts that track what I upload ;p)

So here's a link, and I'll update the front page with it:

Custom Vampire Lord Beta