game scripts running slowly?

Yanazake

I installed an ENB recently, and after it, I noticed that various scripts in the game seem to run slowly. I've had problems with follower dialogs, quest completion, ore transmutation, werewolf transformation... Seems like everything still works, but after a minute or so after activated.

Ore transmutation example: I get a bunch of iron ore, and keep transmuting with the spell on both hands. At the very end, seems like there is one or two missing ores, that I get some time later.

Companion example: I talk to a common follower [j'zargo] and when I select any option to give him an order, trade items, anything... The option doesn't work, even if the follower replies like he should.

Quest completion: I recently gave the helm of winterhold to the Jarl... But quest completion message only appeared after I was already out of the Jarl's Longhouse.

Werewolf: Upon activation, the screen effect appears, but the transformation itself only happens some time later. Same for when changing back.

My specs are certainly high. 8gb ram, i7 [non-overclocked], ATI Radeon HD 6850 XFX black [damn long name]

The game ran perfectly at 60fps with little to no lag and high configurations before the enb [The Wilds] even with HD textures everywhere.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
MagicDuel.esm
moonpath.esm
AP Skyrim.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm

GM-KhajiitDSHFix.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-2.esp
AV1Dragon_Lords.esp
BellyachesNewDragonSpecies.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
MoreRainWindy66percentLessView.esp
Populus.esp
sanctuarycleanup.esp

Cloaks.esp

daedriccrossbow.esp
DragonboneCrossbow.esp
dwarven war cross bow.esp
DragonBoneWeaponsComplete.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
ExtendedVanillaWeapons.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
imp_guard_helm.esp
imp_helm.esp
MysticGloves.esp
TriRings of Powers v1.0.esp
UltraVision.esp
ProjectFrenzy.esp
PF_Magic.esp
PF_Combat.esp
PF_Crafting.esp
DragonsDiversified.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp

LaFemmeLycana.esp
More Dynamic Shadows.esp
Nightingale Maskless.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
Unique Region Names.esp
AdvancedWerewolf.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
MidasSkyrim.esp
QuickShouts.esp
dovahkiinrelax.esp
Milk.esp
Sneak Tools.esp
The Dance of Death.esp

Dual Wield Parrying_ScriptDragon.esp

Improved Casting.esp
Improved Destruction Perks.esp
Improved Expert Spells.esp

Improved Master Spells.esp
Skyrim15SmithingFix.esp
FFRace.esp
OrientalRace.esp
BretonTeenagerRace.esp
WotA-VaalsarkRace.esp
femboy.esp - race mod under test, not present in saves
NewTrapRace.esp - same as above
portal2mod.esp
wisplicker.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
Nicer-Looking Khajiit.esp
Gri_BeastFeet.esp
shorter_respawns.esp
WATER.esp
WATER - Get Wet.esp
The Ring Of Kitsune.esp

PENIS.esp

JarrinRoot.esp

Spaces are mods I deleted the name because they're not being used, like various versions of Dualwield Parry.

Ah, yeah, I use SKSE and Script Dragon, and I'm on skyrim 1.7, if dawnguard isn't enough of a hint :B

I just found out by using the papyrus log that there's a disturbing huge amount of messages regarding "dragonfly critter", I'm not sure if this is bloating my save slowing my game, but seems like it IS. [i got 2 logs, one of about 1mb, and one of about [b]11mb[/b]!!

I just found out by using the papyrus log that there's a disturbing huge amount of messages regarding "dragonfly critter"' date=' I'm not sure if this is bloating my save slowing my game, but seems like it IS. [i got 2 logs, one of about 1mb, and one of about [b']11mb[/b]!!

Yep, that is is a sign of trouble to come. One user not to long ago had a log file of 78GB if you can believe it. I recommend you check that mods page for updates and if there aren't any then consider uninstalling it until the mod author fixes things.

the problem is... I have no idea how to identify what is causing that repeated message. I have a few mods, but not one that would directly affect dragonflies, if I can remember well. o_o My load order is right above, and the only thing I could think related to the dragonflies is "Water" mod.

The same is happening with me.

There is a scripting error where the game seems to procrastinate. I had the Fragment of Wuuthard 5 real life days after I finished the quest to turn it in. It randomly removed itself from my inventory. Certain quests wouldn't start when they should, but at a random time later. I also use to have one of the hunger/thirst/rest mods. All out the blue, my character would eat or drink things they don't even have.

Just today, I decided to look at my save files. Out of just 9 files, it's 2.17 GB.

If Anyone at all knows any mods that can bloat the file, please let me know. I've gotten rid of a lot of mods, yet I still have this issue. I'll continue to test mods, and if I find anything, I'll let everyone know.

well u wont find it if u still use ur old save. it flooded ur save with info. but when u will remove a mod, it will flood ur save with a info about missing scripts which may sometimes be infinite and couase huge save or log files. as it still lays in ur save, best is to give a try to really old save or new game and test

Archived