*HELP* - PRESETS & FRECKLES - TROUBLESHOOTING NEEDED ASAP!

I am currently working on a new set of Nord presets, adding presets 11-20, and I have discovered something odd... :huh:

Doing this seems to interact very... strangely with 'Improved Freckles', and I can't work out why.

- If the new presets .esp is placed above 'Improved Freckles' in the plugins load order, the presets beyond 10 do not appear as options on the slider.

- If the new presets .esp is placed BELOW 'Improved Freckles' in the plugins load order, the presets beyond 10 DO appear as options in the slider, *BUT* - 'Improved Freckles' complexion options do NOT appear. Freckles option 05 seems to be in the list for females, nothing for males, and no options 01-04 - acting almost as though I'd replaced a texture for .npc's & the creation menu is only reading that, something which I have not done (I like all the options!).

*Note that this does not apply to my new presets 1-10. There's no problem there, and the mods work just fine together.

It's bizarre. :huh:

I've made several different attempts at this, in case I had got it wrong & messed with something I should not have, but the result is always the same. BOSS sheds no light on the issue that I can see.

I'd really appreciate your help with troubleshooting this, as I'm completely stumped.

Here are a couple of sample files I have been using to try & work this out (**SEE BELOW - "ATTACHED FILES"**) - they both create & affect NordMalePreset11, so try one at a time. The "Improved Freckles" mod is linked above.

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

why not include them in ur preset mod?

As in - make my existing mod which handles presets 1-10 handle 11-20 as well' date=' yeh?

I've tried this with another .esp, resulting in the apparent corruption of the file, and the conflict still exists. Not only that, but doing this seems to make the CK angry, and not load data correctly. New presets 1-10 work fine on their own, and while I'm revising several of them & am testing them in-game for release later today (*and they look awesome - watch this space!* :) ), the problem with the freckle mod is only occurring when I try to add presets [i']past[/i] 10 (ie: 11+).

It's really got me stumped... :huh:

i have added those to my own custom race and didnt have any probs. and hmm both alters race, one presets and 2nd tints so that's the confilct but if they are made both into one ESP it should actually work normal. u sure made it right?

i have added those to my own custom race and didnt have any probs. and hmm both alters race' date=' one presets and 2nd tints so that's the confilct but if they are made both into one ESP it should actually work normal. u sure made it right?

[/quote']

:idea: Do you also use "Improved Freckles"? That's the catch here unfortunately - the two mods are clashing. With "Improved Freckles" disabled, there's no problem, and I can add as many presets as I want.

However - it's a really great little aesthetic mod, and I'd really rather *not* disable it if I can avoid it. Hence the reason I'm trying to troubleshoot this, as there has to be a way to get my presets and the freckle mod to play nicely together - I need help to work out what it is, as it's currently beyond my knowledge level. :)

i have added those to my own custom race and didnt have any probs. and hmm both alters race' date=' one presets and 2nd tints so that's the confilct but if they are made both into one ESP it should actually work normal. u sure made it right?

[/quote']

:idea: Do you also use "Improved Freckles"? That's the catch here unfortunately - the two mods are clashing. With "Improved Freckles" disabled, there's no problem, and I can add as many presets as I want.

However - it's a really great little aesthetic mod, and I'd really rather *not* disable it if I can avoid it. Hence the reason I'm trying to troubleshoot this, as there has to be a way to get my presets and the freckle mod to play nicely together - I need help to work out what it is, as it's currently beyond my knowledge level. :)

i dont like loaded quite a lot of mods like frekles as standalone so what i want i just add to my race's plugin. just add them why using 2 different plugins?

[/quote']

i dont like loaded quite a lot of mods like frekles as standalone so what i want i just add to my race's plugin. just add them why using 2 different plugins?

I'm not 100% sure how to add the two plugins together, but you're right - it's definitely do-able (plus, that's actually a really good idea for my own use - I hadn't thought of that! Ta!). :)

:idea: However - as these presets 11-20 are being made for release, I'd really prefer to keep them clean if I can.

copy textureset forms in CK, something like ....frekles2/3/4/5/6 so it has its own texture data in ur plugin, then go into each race and add them to tint section in tab below skin/eye/cheek etc tints. by default u will see frekles, old 40/60 and rought, might be more.

copy textureset forms in CK' date=' something like ....frekles2/3/4/5/6 so it has its own texture data in ur plugin, then go into each race and add them to tint section in tab below skin/eye/cheek etc tints. by default u will see frekles, old 40/60 and rought, might be more.

[/quote']

:idea: Ahhh - I *think* I gettit... so like, if I do this, I'm not physically adding someone else's textures in to my mod, I'm just telling the CK to *recognise* the options, yeh?

copy textureset forms in CK' date=' something like ....frekles2/3/4/5/6 so it has its own texture data in ur plugin, then go into each race and add them to tint section in tab below skin/eye/cheek etc tints. by default u will see frekles, old 40/60 and rought, might be more.

[/quote']

:idea: Ahhh - I *think* I gettit... so like, if I do this, I'm not physically adding someone else's textures in to my mod, I'm just telling the CK to *recognise* the options, yeh?

no, u still need textures what's in /textures/ folder. in this way u will simply add entries and more option in complexion, no textures will mean that face will be normal or ctd or no face, since frekles are added to detail map cant tell sure what will be the effect of it.

[/quote']

no, u still need textures what's in /textures/ folder. in this way u will simply add entries and more option in complexion, no textures will mean that face will be normal or ctd or no face, since frekles are added to detail map cant tell sure what will be the effect of it.

Damn. :(

I'll hafta go digging around with this over the next week or two. This is gunna give me some trouble, I just know it! ;)

Many thanks again for all your help, Jancicc - you've given me a lot of VERY good tips lately, and it is greatly appreciated!!! :)

Damn. :(

I'll hafta go digging around with this over the next week or two. This is gunna give me some trouble' date=' I just know it! ;)

Many thanks again for all your help, Jancicc - you've given me a lot of VERY good tips lately, and it is greatly appreciated!!! :)

[/quote']

No problem, i'm trying my best to help others since barely who is helping, guess most of them are busy leeching mods

Archived