Attach one 3D object to another, node list (scripting)

solonlost

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to Fallout4 scripting/modding and I'm trying to find a way to attach one 3D object to another as part of an effort to try and make an easier way to have visible slung weapons. I have a few ideas on how to approach this but what I'm trying currently is simply spawning a duplicate of the equipped weapon and sticking it to the characters' back with an offset. From what I can understand from the CK wiki placeatnode seems to be the direction I want to go, but I can't find a list of node names anywhere, and I'm not completely certain I the functionality of that command is exactly what I have in mind.

Does anyone know of such a reference? I want to attach a weapon model to a characters' back, and in say arma 3 scripting there is an attachTo command that will essentially allow me to stick any two models together. I'm looking for a Fallout 4 equivalent.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

Allright, I've since compiled nifskope on the linux laptop I have with me on holiday and figured out that the node I want to attach to might be SPINE2. Next issue is if there's a way to offset from a node attachment. In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to change an object's offsets and rotations through a holotape in game. Is there anyone out there who knows if that's even possible in game?

If that's not possible, I may make a number of slings, perhaps even with an in-game model and an added node each if I can find someone to help me with that, allowing people to select the sling that is most suitable for the slung carry style they want.

Archived