Hi, community.

I have an idea for a great mod, it is supposed to be some kind of immersive sleeping mod.
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with coding/scripting, so telling you guys the idea is all I can do.
I could translate the whole thing to German though.

So let's get started.

1) What?
Imagine going to bed, you undress, make yourself comfortable and read a book before you sleep.
Maybe your partner snuggles in and you have passionate sex before you drop off.
You have a nice dream, wake up refreshed, cuddling with your partner for a while, before you rise, ready to save the world.

2) How?
In this wannabe mod you look at your bed and instead of merely displaying the option "sleep", you get the option to "get in bed".
That's where the undressing animation would nicely fit, followed by a, well, "get in bed" animation and a casual "lying in bed" idle.

Now that you lie in bed (in your favourite sleepwear or nude),
staring at the ceiling, thinking about what to do next, you can activate your bed again.

Once activated, you get the following options:

1. Sleep (duh)
I thought about a more proper sleep cycle, so instead of sleeping for x hours, you can choose to sleep til 7am for example.

2. Read a book

Because reading books in the middle of a raid breaks the immersion.

I usually store my collected books inside the cabinet next to the bed, one could integrate that (or a newly added container),
or set a specific container via MCM, where you choose your books from. A "reading in bed" animation would be welcome.

3. Masturbate (here comes the kinky stuff)
Play one of the self-satisfying animations.
You could choose toys, prepared inside another container (or the same as the one where the books are stored).
This option could be hooked up with SL Aroused, along with stat boosts like the "well-rested" effect, when waking up.

4. Cuddle with partner/follower
That requires an animation too, of course. The behavior of NPC's living with you could be set in the MCM, so that they "come to bed", for example.
You would get the option to "sleep like that", (which triggers the "how long to sleep" option, mentioned above)
and to "make out", which would start a foreplay animation.

5. Have sex with partner/follower
I think there isn't much need for an explanation. You would get the options "next round" and "how long to sleep" afterwards.

6. Get up
When you aren't tired yet/anymore. A "wake up" animation with a good stretch would be nice (because boobies).

As you wake up at the desired time, you get the same options again.
So the lazy Dragonborn can have another nap (maybe it's stormy and not the best day to go adventuring*),
while intellectuals start their day with a book and the horny Dovahkiin can have some more fun, etc. Or you can just get up and get stuff done.
Breakfast in bed would also be cool, but I think it's not that necessary.

*If possible, a weather info would pop up after sleeping, i.e. "It's raining outside..."

3) Dreams?

Yes. Usually, you dream while you sleep, that shouldn't be missing from this mod either. Good and bad dreams would have an effect on the player.
Judging by the assumed difficulty, I suggest the dreaming system could be implemented as follows:

1. A simple information

about whether you had a good dream, a bad one, or didn't dream at all
(which would be chosen at random),

2. A more detailed info, like a little story
(awesome super power dreams leave you super well-rested, nightmares get you down and wet dreams boost your arousal),

3. Real, playable dreams
Mini-quests, in which you experience either strange, funny, fantastic and sexy dreams, or dark, creepy and terrifying nightmares.
But, what happens in dream world, stays in dream world. So stats and inventory must be reset to the point before sleeping;
you wouldn't lose your virginity by having dream sex and stuff you find in your sleep disappears when you wake up.

However, finishing a "dream quest" could add a small, temporary power or something.

A lot of potential, but probably a lot of work too.
Maybe someone will give this a try, or at least got inspired by the idea.
May the force be with you.

,zzzz

(-__-) 

immersive sleeping for me

• bitch at 11pm that you'll never get tired
  • bitch at 1am that its 1am
  • bitch at 3am that seriously need to get the fuck to sleep for work tomorrow
  • bitch at 4am because cant fall asleep either too hot too cold no matter what kind of foolery is done with the blanket and trying to expose enough skin to act as a heat sink
  • watch battlestar galactica until 4:16am
  • wake up and bitch at 6am sweaty as hell because rolled over messing up my skin-to-air ratio with the blanket.
  • dreams? what the fuck are those you have to get to rem sleep for that.
  • bitch at 7am about how i feel like shit and got zero actual sleep while attempting to stay in bed until the last second before you have to leave for work. welp no time to shower now.
  • 9am "at least ill be tired tonight since i got no sleep last night"
  • repeat for 8 years

seriously need to get the fuck to sleep for work tomorrow.

immersive sleeping for me

• bitch at 11pm that you'll never get tired
  • bitch at 1am that its 1am
  • bitch at 3am that seriously need to get the fuck to sleep for work tomorrow
  • bitch at 4am because cant fall asleep either too hot too cold no matter what kind of foolery is done with the blanket and trying to expose enough skin to act as a heat sink
  • watch battlestar galactica until 4:16am
  • wake up and bitch at 6am sweaty as hell because rolled over messing up my skin-to-air ratio with the blanket.
  • dreams? what the fuck are those you have to get to rem sleep for that.
  • bitch at 7am about how i feel like shit and got zero actual sleep while attempting to stay in bed until the last second before you have to leave for work. welp no time to shower now.
  • 9am "at least ill be tired tonight since i got no sleep last night"
  • repeat for 8 years

seriously need to get the fuck to sleep for work tomorrow.

But it's closer to immersion than magically skipping time. Aside from the fact, that we're talking about a fantasy game.

If it was anywhere close to (my) real life, I'd fus ro dah it to Oblivion.

Apart from that, I don't like your sleep-wake cycle, so please stop that. It's not healthy.

Good night.

A number of your wishes are already granted with Sleep Tight and Go To Bed  , at least in watching yourself undress (or not) and lie down in your bed to sleep before re-activating the bed to access the usual sleep menu, along with friendly and bandit NPC's undressing (or not) using their beds... end tables/chests near your bed are still interactable while lying on the bed so reading would work, too  :D

Any intimate interaction from the lying down position would be awkward and/or jarring, as both participants are shuffled around and stood up to their 'starting positions' of whatever animation you were trying to make happen, but I think that's a limitation of the sex frameworks in order to properly line everyone up for things to play right  :s

Dream sequences could be transitioned to somewhat like Sheogorath's Wabbajack adventure during the sleep blackout stage to find yourself somewhere weird or wonderful for a time, even if it was just a series of still shots that faded in and out of the blackscreen showing a disjointed timeline of your good dream or nightmare scenario, representing spotty memory of the whole dream, you just remember the bits you saw and the lasting feeling of it being good or bad  :cool:

Those two mods play nicely together so it's a good start, a code wizard could expand the immersion quite a bit  :shy:

• 2 months later...

Archived